RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

Is it just me or are there sandbox settings that are not applying at all like water/electricity shutoff and stat decrease?

Water and electricity shutoff is always random, it just chooses at what timescale the randomness ends and they shut off if they haven't yet. Can't say anything for the stat decrease, since I haven't tested it.

What I did notice is that the 'closed houses' thing doesn't affect windows! I think it should. I personally would like to have to break in almost every house and only rarely encounter a window that could be opened with hands and feel 'Yes!! Finally!'

But I selected the "instant" option for shutoff and I always had water and electricity avaible. (even after 24 hours)

I think windows are not the same as doors cause they are depending on some parameters like strength to get them open.

I think windows are not the same as doors cause they are depending on some parameters like strength to get them open.

Aye, if you read the edits I judged a bit too quickly without in depth testing, they do work, however I'd like to only access something like every 1/4 or 1/3(with strong) of buildings if I go through all of the windows.

New 30.1 update !

• Lot of new translations (http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/2103-official-translation-files/?p=147365)
  • Added map description translation
  • No more wound infection after a wound fully cured
  • Fixed a speed glitch with fracture and splint
  • Fixed weapon part translation bug
  • Fixed "put into 2/4 bowl" for soup/stew not returning the cooking pot
  • Fixed "High" and "Very high" Nature's Abundance sandbox settings not working.
  • Fixed the "Soap" item (it was a Rubber Duck.. Hence why you found so much Rubber ducky :D)

Not sure if someone said so, But PS3 controller needs a driver which you can get online and requires motioninjoy or some sort of program to enable the analog sticks and rumble features.

I use a PS4 controller with an xbox driver and DS4 tool, so I am able to use both easily on all my games.

Its got nothing to do with Legal Reasons but sony itself hasn't made official drivers so theres no reason for a game to make icons and all that jazz surrounding the controller with no PC support.

Regardless its difficult to play this game when it says A to do something and I try to figure out what the hell A is on a PS4 controller. If you do add the feature should make it not have to detect which is which, but rather let the person simply tell the game which layout to use. Because again, my controller is using an Xbox driver to convince my computer its an Xbox controller.

I know its a hefty suggestion I guess, but its a little thing I would greatly enjoy.

Not sure if someone said so, But PS3 controller needs a driver which you can get online and requires motioninjoy or some sort of program to enable the analog sticks and rumble features.

I use a PS4 controller with an xbox driver and DS4 tool, so I am able to use both easily on all my games.

Its got nothing to do with Legal Reasons but sony itself hasn't made official drivers so theres no reason for a game to make icons and all that jazz surrounding the controller with no PC support.

Regardless its difficult to play this game when it says A to do something and I try to figure out what the hell A is on a PS4 controller. If you do add the feature should make it not have to detect which is which, but rather let the person simply tell the game which layout to use. Because again, my controller is using an Xbox driver to convince my computer its an Xbox controller.

I know its a hefty suggestion I guess, but its a little thing I would greatly enjoy.

I would like my DualShock 3 to work at all lol. I know you need a special driver in Windows to use the controller but it works natively in Linux out of the box. I can live with the Xbox button pictures lol. 

When I go to use the controller in Linux PZ sees two controllers for some reason and the button mappings are all off. So I figured I would just modify the .config file in the joypads folder and everything would be just fine. I used jstest-gtk to map the axis/buttons but PZ seems to ignore it. I can go back to the file and confirm that my changes are still there but PZ seems to have a hard time honoring them lol. Tested on Linux Mint 17 XFCE 32bit.

EDIT: Just updated my Linux server. Seems like the Windows line endings are back.... For anyone else getting the "Bad Interpreter" message you can install the tofrodos package and use the command "fromdos <script file>" to fix it.

I would like my DualShock 3 to work at all lol. I know you need a special driver in Windows to use the controller but it works natively in Linux out of the box. I can live with the Xbox button pictures lol. 

When I go to use the controller in Linux PZ sees two controllers for some reason and the button mappings are all off. So I figured I would just modify the .config file in the joypads folder and everything would be just fine. I used jstest-gtk to map the axis/buttons but PZ seems to ignore it. I can go back to the file and confirm that my changes are still there but PZ seems to have a hard time honoring them lol. Tested on Linux Mint 17 XFCE 32bit.

EDIT: Just updated my Linux server. Seems like the Windows line endings are back.... For anyone else getting the "Bad Interpreter" message you can install the tofrodos package and use the command "fromdos <script file>" to fix it.

I don't really understand what you mean by "special" driver, every controller needs a "special" driver. In linux it still needs a driver, just linux knows what the hell it is. And your issue with the 2 controllers and hwatnot is most likely again driver related, linux knows what the controller is, but the game doesn't.

Yep, Linux just tends to have much better / comprehensive driver support in some areas, compared to Windows. *Shrug* Interestingly, many people that can't play with 3D models on Windows, can get them on Linux.

Long gone are the days that I can mock them for failing to capitalize nVidia correctly, and thus breaking support. Shame, it was quite fun.

I don't really understand what you mean by "special" driver, every controller needs a "special" driver. In linux it still needs a driver, just linux knows what the hell it is. And your issue with the 2 controllers and hwatnot is most likely again driver related, linux knows what the controller is, but the game doesn't.

By "special" I mean that the system doesn't recognize the controller by default and require you to get it from a third party. As opposed to the Xbox controller which doesn't require any driver installation on a modern system(Windows or Linux). Not to mention the Windows version requires you to use a third party utility (Motionjoy or Better DS3) to get it to work. That's what I mean by "special". As opposed to just plugging it in and having it work without a third party interface.

The two controllers showing up is not really the problem for me. The biggest issue is the .config files seeming to be ignored. I am going to test on another Linux machine to confirm its not just my specific setup or install messing it up.

By "special" I mean that the system doesn't recognize the controller by default and require you to get it from a third party. As opposed to the Xbox controller which doesn't require any driver installation on a modern system(Windows or Linux). Not to mention the Windows version requires you to use a third party utility (Motionjoy or Better DS3) to get it to work. That's what I mean by "special". As opposed to just plugging it in and having it work without a third party interface.

The two controllers showing up is not really the problem for me. The biggest issue is the .config files seeming to be ignored. I am going to test on another Linux machine to confirm its not just my specific setup or install messing it up.

But. The xbox controller does need a driver..?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

I know it doesn't come with windows considering I am unable to use the DS4 tool if it can't find the driver. Both controllers can be plugged in and used to a lesser extent but need drivers to get full capabilities. Kind of like how drivers work.

The only thing the Xbox controller has over the PS controllers is not needing a 3rd party program running, but even then Xbox has its dumb live application in the taskbar.

Also drivers for Linux, well intel ones anyway supported openGL better, on my windows computer nothing detects that I am using openGL at all which is retarded.

I have a quick question: I recently converted to the IWBUMS Branch for the 30 update. I continued my savegame. Is it possible that items like tweezers or first aid kits don't spawn at all on a continued savegame? I have been literally through all buildings in Muldraugh while having a glass shard in my hand, trying to find tweezers, but they seem nowhere to be found. Didn't come across any first aid kits either. I managed to find one needle (talking about a "needle in the hay") and no thread at all. One might think that these are some more common items than let's say shotguns (found around 12 of them)

But. The xbox controller does need a driver..?

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows

I know it doesn't come with windows considering I am unable to use the DS4 tool if it can't find the driver. Both controllers can be plugged in and used to a lesser extent but need drivers to get full capabilities. Kind of like how drivers work.

The only thing the Xbox controller has over the PS controllers is not needing a 3rd party program running, but even then Xbox has its dumb live application in the taskbar.

Also drivers for Linux, well intel ones anyway supported openGL better, on my windows computer nothing detects that I am using openGL at all which is retarded.

Well it does have a driver available for download but as I said on a "Modern" system (Windows 7 & 8) the driver is included.

I have a quick question: I recently converted to the IWBUMS Branch for the 30 update. I continued my savegame. Is it possible that items like tweezers or first aid kits don't spawn at all on a continued savegame? I have been literally through all buildings in Muldraugh while having a glass shard in my hand, trying to find tweezers, but they seem nowhere to be found. Didn't come across any first aid kits either. I managed to find one needle (talking about a "needle in the hay") and no thread at all. One might think that these are some more common items than let's say shotguns (found around 12 of them)

I found some tweezers in one of the first bathrooms I ran into upon starting a new game with the build.

What sort of tool is needed to clear away broken glass from a window?

I'm curious about this as well!

You should start a new game. Also some mods mess with item distribution and cause tweezers etc not to spawn (e.g. literature mod)

You should start a new game. Also some mods mess with item distribution and cause tweezers etc not to spawn (e.g. literature mod)

Thanks for the answers. Yeah I figured. After starting a new game, they were a lot easier to find ;) I am not using mods anyway ;)

Not 100% right :P New items will spawn but only in container you didn't looted already (it could change in the future with the loot respawn sandbox option)

What sort of tool is needed to clear away broken glass from a window?

D'aw, I made a video to explain that sort of stuff.. :D

Tweezers or Suture Needle Holders (as they are like medical scissors to hold stuff..)

Tweezers or Suture Needle Holders (as they are like medical scissors to hold stuff..)

You use that to get glass away from windows before climbing through it? Or are you talking about taking glass from the wound after you go through it?

You use that to get glass away from windows before climbing through it? Or are you talking about taking glass from the wound after you go through it?

Its from the wound.