RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

Ok i did a bit more testing.

So RJ, when you jump or fall from 2nd floor you loose about 80% of my hp, then i have 1-2 min to eat something or will die.

Even when i eat some stuff my hp will keep droping then stop for some time and then drop again untill ill splint my leg. If i dont have food with me or items to make a splint im dead in 1-2 min (real time).

Btw i dont have bug with rotten food on 100% erosion.

duble post >.>

What double post. I don't see a double post, do you? ;)

In all seriousness, it happens, one of the security mechanisms on the forums can be a bit.. annoying, at times. Just report any double posts, and the mods will delete the duplicate for you :)

So RJ, when you jump or fall from 2nd floor you loose about 80% of my hp, then i have 1-2 min to eat something or will die.

Even when i eat some stuff my hp will keep droping then stop for some time and then drop again untill ill splint my leg. If i dont have food with me or items to make a splint im dead in 1-2 min (real time).

Can we think that somehow the bone went through the leg and you are bleeding all over the place?

How leathal is a 2nd floor drop anyway?

Can we think that somehow the bone went through the leg and you are bleeding all over the place?

The general rule of thumb is that any fall over 8 feet can cause significant damage.

Can everyone who's experiencing bugs make sure they tries reinstalling the game and verify it's still bugged? Some of these problems could come from bad instals.

The general rule of thumb is that any fall over 8 feet can cause significant damage.

Can everyone who's experiencing bugs make sure they tries reinstalling the game and verify it's still bugged? Some of these problems could come from bad instals.

Well by 2nd floor i was thinking like 1st -> 2nd -3rd not ground ->1st ->2nd. As i kid we used to jump from that height w/o any problem. In zoimboid  falling from that height happens a lot ( when you build stuff) and with the new system its will be almost a 100% death.

From a nursing textbook, it seems to be anything over twice the height of someone is at significant risk of damage to one or more areas; anything over three times the height causes significant damage to three or more areas.

So, just going by stories is a bit inaccurate . . . And even then, the surface you fall on and how you fall impacts the severity of the injury(s)

A little feedback on the several months in preset in the sandbox:

- Foraging seems way too ineffective. I can just barely keep my char with an healthy appetite alive and it is just a grindfest. I propose to multiply the xp gain for foraging by 3 to 5.

- There is so little loot and so many zombies that I can't see myself reaching self sufficiency. I suggest to have many more hand made tools just like the stone hammer and axe, especially the trowel!

- The handmade tools break easily and I have been through ten plus axes and hammers, because I can't find any weapons. Please add gaining carpentry xp from making tools, so I can finally built some which last longer.

- Because there is so much vegetation right now, I'd like to be unable to hit a tree with a weapon unless I choose to by right-clicking on the tree. Right now the attack also means cutting a tree down.

- The difference between rare and very rare loot is too much. Please rename rare loot spawn normal, add a new rare and keep very rare as it is.

- Overall too much grinding for me. This increases the difficulty, but I don't see the fun in it. I rather have an enriched endgame with NPCs and hordes than this.

From a nursing textbook, it seems to be anything over twice the height of someone is at significant risk of damage to one or more areas; anything over three times the height causes significant damage to three or more areas.

So, just going by stories is a bit inaccurate . . . And even then, the surface you fall on and how you fall impacts the severity of the injury(s)

Im aware of that but i did 10+ jumps and all ended with broken bones. its a taste of ballance, the slow from broken leg is fine and great as you wont be able to run from horde. My point is that damage you take from falling is to big becose it kill you within 1-2 h game time if you dont have nessesery items to help youreself. 

- Foraging seems way too ineffective. I can just barely keep my char with an healthy appetite alive and it is just a grindfest. I propose to multiply the xp gain for foraging by 3 to 5.

- There is so little loot and so many zombies that I can't see myself reaching self sufficiency. I suggest to have many more hand made tools just like the stone hammer and axe, especially the trowel!

- The handmade tools break easily and I have been through ten plus axes and hammers, because I can't find any weapons. Please add gaining carpentry xp from making tools, so I can finally built some which last longer.

- Because there is so much vegetation right now, I'd like to be unable to hit a tree with a weapon unless I choose to by right-clicking on the tree. Right now the attack also means cutting a tree down.

- The difference between rare and very rare loot is too much. Please rename rare loot spawn normal, add a new rare and keep very rare as it is.

- Overall too much grinding for me. This increases the difficulty, but I don't see the fun in it. I rather have an enriched endgame with NPCs and hordes than this.

All of those sound like good things to me =\

Also, you're really not meant to be self sufficient from foraging. That was never the intention. If you are then it probably needs to be toned down, not up.

About the whole "damages when falling from X height" concern, I think it should be related to your character's traits and load weight. The nimble skill probably should have its influence as well !

Not everyone have the same reaction when falling or knows how (not) to absord a fall.

Also -that's probably not doable but- it would be nice to have a differenciation between falling and jumping, unwillingly walking over an edge & consciously jumping from it doen't engage the same reactions/consequences.

Splitscreen working good so far!

When they say "Right Click To Open Treatment Menu" under health, what do they mean? I can't seem to activate it.

Also, I think the time should be elsewhere as the bottoms are in the way when it's at the bottom in the middle. :/ Maybe middle, middle?

Hopefully we get input control soon. :)

Actually all of that sounds good, i am kinda glad to see them actually making the game harder.

All my worries about foraging seems to be addressed, you cant self sustain based on it, the hand made tools breaking easily and all that is the current intention of them.

I will ask cuz im sure that someone will ask soon :D... Update of 3.1mb, changes?

• Fixed lighting not updating (mostly on Mac, screen looked all black).
  • Fixed not being able to launch on Linux due to wrong line-endings in *.sh files.
  • Fixed "Locked Houses" sandbox setting doing the opposite of what was intended.
  • Fixed "Food Spoilage" sandbox setting not working as intended -> rotting food.

Hi Everyone!

First of All, Build 30  works amazingly fine :wub: , maybe still some balancing on the sandbox options to do but game is funnier than ever and Xbox controller option is well implemented..

Maybe im missing something but i didnt find any notice about keys mapping of the controller and i have two options i can't use with it that still make me use keyboard..Goin to try to explain it with my frenchy English : :blush:

1.I can't expand lists of objects.Means if i have for ex 6 bowls i can't switch to list mod to select just one of those so i have to open it with keyboard. This becomes more annoying when i'm cooking, as the "cook/burn" bar only appears when lists are expanded. So first question is : can i extend lists with my controller without having to use my keyboard? If yes then, how? If no then, when? :P

2. About the selector menu that pops up when pressing select button : options choice doesnt seem to work .Is it me? :cry:

Until then, have fun folks!! 8-)

Is it just me or are there sandbox settings that are not applying at all like water/electricity shutoff and stat decrease?

Water and electricity shutoff is always random, it just chooses at what timescale the randomness ends and they shut off if they haven't yet. Can't say anything for the stat decrease, since I haven't tested it.

What I did notice is that the 'closed houses' thing doesn't affect windows! I think it should. I personally would like to have to break in almost every house and only rarely encounter a window that could be opened with hands and feel 'Yes!! Finally!'

EDIT: or if it does work for windows, it's not nearly pronounced enough!

EDIT2: Ok, after some more testing the windows setting does work, but as above it's nearly not hard enough on the most difficult level. The difference between sometimes and very often is much too little.