RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

I'd agree with that I don't think it's possible to operate two independent mice and keyboards off the same PC , what I've done is purchased an adapter for my PC that lets me use my Xbox controllers on the PC to save me purchasing a whole new set of expensive PC Game controllers. 

If you shop around on Amazon or Ebay you can find these, might be worth a £15 investment for the sake of PZ at home :)

This is what I purchased:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000MGVAAQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1416243043&sr=1-1&keywords=Official+Xbox+360+Wireless+Gaming+Receiver+For+Windows+%28Xbox+360%29

Also of note, one adapter lets you connect up to 4 controllers at a time. I know quite some people who have two or more of them :P

Or just use wired 360 controllers, that's what I do. Anyone else have controllers with wires? Hey, where'd you all go? And what are all these kids doing messing on my lawn? Where's my dentures? *waves a cane angrily*

I use a wired xbone controller. Only because there is no wireless adapter yet :(

Also if I'm understanding correctly, One of the new sandbox options that controls erosion can make it so the world is had decayed when you start? 

Yup!

If we choose that option, does that mean loot will be scarce and water/electricity will be shut off because so much time has passed?

AFAIK, no, you can't actively reverse erosion.

That's gonna be a real problem then if you can't remove the vines that are blocking your window or remove the tall grass right in front of your safe house....Hopefully the spade will still convert tiles to plain dirt tiles to combat this, but yeah, the vines on windows are gonna get real annoying real fast.

Will player 2 get his own moodles? Because last time I played splitscreen it was moderately broken D: .

Also how will skills and medical system work for player 2?

Please note that I know its not in the patch notes but i'm just confused about this :(

Will player 2 get his own moodles? Because last time I played splitscreen it was moderately broken D: .

Please note that I know its not in the patch notes but i'm just confused about this :(

Each coop player gets his/her own moodles, health/skills/info windows.

The skills panel is usable with the controller, using the d-pad to move up/down then A button to upgrade the selected skill.

In the health panel, the X button shows the context menu so you can add/remove bandages etc.

In the new sandbox options, will there be an option to remove/modify the rate of helicopters and planes flying over? As well as random world events like people screaming, gunshots etc.

Not that I don't love those details, but say for example you are starting a new world with a lot of erosion. It would be, say a year if not years into the apocalypse, so some might like the option to remove helicopter flyovers to give more the feeling of a forgotten world.

Knowumsayin?

Each coop player gets his/her own moodles, health/skills/info windows.

The skills panel is usable with the controller, using the d-pad to move up/down then A button to upgrade the selected skill.

In the health panel, the X button shows the context menu so you can add/remove bandages etc.

Question

How will a player with a controller loot?

How will he make a campfire?

How does that work anyway?

The menu pop up?

Question

How will a player with a controller loot?

How will he make a campfire?

How does that work anyway?

The menu pop up?

The X  button brings up the context menu (same as right-clicking). That's how campfires are placed and stuff is built.

The Y button brings up the inventory/loot windows.  The D-pad switches between the 2 windows with left/right, and selects items with up/down.  The A button brings up the context menu on the selected item.  X drops the selected item from inventory, or grabs the selected item in the Loot window.

That's been there for a while now, mostly working.

I tried it for the first time yesterday with an Xbox 360 controller, it won't work if you activate it during the game opening menu, I tried several times it just wouldn't work. What does work is if you don't press anything until you actually get into your game then press (A) it was weird getting used to it, you can see the button commands down the bottom and I found that using attack and movement was alot better than mouse and keyboard. 

However I am unable to bring up the [Esc] menu for options or the Stat window without the use of the keyboard and mouse, so keep these on standby if you plan on pausing or speeding up your game and checking your health and skills. 

One other thing I notice is that the character moves North West on their own every now and then which is a bit annoying if your just standing still, I tried the split screen and that didn't work for me the second controller connected but all I could see was zoomed out images of the house I was in on both screens and no button or clicks would do anything.

I tried it for the first time yesterday with an Xbox 360 controller, it won't work if you activate it during the game opening menu, I tried several times it just wouldn't work. What does work is if you don't press anything until you actually get into your game then press (A) it was weird getting used to it, you can see the button commands down the bottom and I found that using attack and movement was alot better than mouse and keyboard. 

However I am unable to bring up the [Esc] menu for options or the Stat window without the use of the keyboard and mouse, so keep these on standby if you plan on pausing or speeding up your game and checking your health and skills. 

One other thing I notice is that the character moves North West on their own every now and then which is a bit annoying if your just standing still, I tried the split screen and that didn't work for me the second controller connected but all I could see was zoomed out images of the house I was in on both screens and no button or clicks would do anything.

The topic you are posting in is for the upcoming build 30. Upcoming as in "not released" :D

The changes to the control scheme are not in the version you've played.