RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

Re: coop

When you press the A button, you get these choices:
1) "Take over player 1" (the mouse/keyboard user) if they aren't already using a controller.
2) "Add new player" which puts up the character-creation screen to choose profession/traits etc.
3) "Add John Smith" if there is a coop player called John Smith that was created previously in 2).

Coop players are saved automatically just like the single-player game. They go in files called map_p1.bin, map_p2.bin etc in the current game's save directory.

And as of today, it is possible to do splitscreen multiplayer. The first player logs in to a server, then coop players hit the A button once in-game just like singleplayer.  The coop players don't need to log in, there's a bit of weirdness still with every multiplayer coop player having the same username, admin/not-admin.  And I don't know how chat should work in mp coop.

EDIT: for coop sleeping, each player can go to sleep seperately.  Time only speeds up when both are asleep.  It looks a bit weird because the sleeping player is standing up.

1) "Take over player 1" (the mouse/keyboard user) if they aren't already using a controller.

2) "Add new player" which puts up the character-creation screen to choose profession/traits etc.

3) "Add John Smith" if there is a coop player called John Smith that was created previously in 2).

Coop players are saved automatically just like the single-player game. They go in files called map_p1.bin, map_p2.bin etc in the current game's save directory.

And as of today, it is possible to do splitscreen multiplayer. The first player logs in to a server, then coop players hit the A button once in-game just like singleplayer.  The coop players don't need to log in, there's a bit of weirdness still with every multiplayer coop player having the same username, admin/not-admin.  And I don't know how chat should work in mp coop.

EDIT: for coop sleeping, each player can go to sleep seperately.  Time only speeds up when both are asleep.  It looks a bit weird because the sleeping player is standing up.

Hold

The

Phone

Coop sleeping is now working? that means that we dont have to survive 24/7 and we can actually sleep in splitscreen?

Dont tease me man

Hold

The

Phone

Coop sleeping is now working? that means that we dont have to survive 24/7 and we can actually sleep in splitscreen?

Dont tease me man

Woowooo!!

Does waking up work the same way as in SP? Whoever was the least tired wakes up first, and the other one keeps sleeping?

Whoever gets up first makes the bacon and coffee!

I'm most interested in the sandbox customization options. Would really love to be able to fine tune the electricity and water shutoff dates, and not need to pick from a predefined list of dates. Especially if I'm trying to avoid the possibility of having it go out too early. My ideal settings for instance would be power out between 1-2 weeks and water out between 2-4 weeks.

SHAMELESS SELF ADVERTISEMENT INCOMING:

TIS have kindly offered me the chance to stream some Build 30 for you lovely lot (whilst also keeping an eye out for issues and the like). Had a blast streaming it earlier and will be resuming the stream in about 2 and a half hours so if you're wanting to see what build 30 has to offer (and also see me die a lot) you might wanna come check it out ^_^ http://www.twitch.tv/tooks_tv/

I guess i'll post before I go live too, hopefully no one minds me advertising :x

*skulks back into the shadows*

TIS have kindly offered me the chance to stream some Build 30 for you lovely lot (whilst also keeping an eye out for issues and the like). Had a blast streaming it earlier and will be resuming the stream in about 2 and a half hours so if you're wanting to see what build 30 has to offer (and also see me die a lot) you might wanna come check it out ^_^ http://www.twitch.tv/tooks_tv/

I guess i'll post before I go live too, hopefully no one minds me advertising :mad:

Fookin b& m8

(please do!)

I guess i'll post before I go live too, hopefully no one minds me advertising :mad:

Fookin b& m8

(please do!)

You send mixed signals D:

Anywho, LIVE NOW :o

*OFFTOPIC*  Yeah that was a great stream. That was my second stream actually. I literally shouted OH NO! when I saw the warehouse start to burn down. Good thing Stan was okay!

I have a theory that it was all Stans fault. Stuff went south the day we rescued him. #TrustNoStan

Satan the Office Spiffo. 

Also if I'm understanding correctly, One of the new sandbox options that controls erosion can make it so the world is had decayed when you start? 

Yup!

Aw that's awesome! I sometimes make some apocalyptic stories in Microsoft Word or similar programs and I base them off the actions of my character. So I could use that option for some sort of 2 months later sort of deal.

Split screen works with a second keyboard and mouse too?

I'd guess no. IIRC at least on Windows there is no useful way to figure out what device mouse or KB input is coming from, they all just feed into the same outputs. That is, with multiple mice you still have only one cursor and Windows reads whatever mouse happens to be sending input at any given time. And it'd also need support from LWJGL, the library PZ uses for crossplatform handling of input.

I'd agree with that I don't think it's possible to operate two independent mice and keyboards off the same PC , what I've done is purchased an adapter for my PC that lets me use my Xbox controllers on the PC to save me purchasing a whole new set of expensive PC Game controllers. 

If you shop around on Amazon or Ebay you can find these, might be worth a £15 investment for the sake of PZ at home :) 

This is what I purchased:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Wireless-Gaming-Receiver-Windows/dp/B000MGVAAQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1416243043&sr=1-1&keywords=Official+Xbox+360+Wireless+Gaming+Receiver+For+Windows+%28Xbox+360%29