ORMtnMan's Historical Weapon Mod

ORMtnMan

Hello all!

This is a fun mod done in my spare time for those who want a little something different in terms of weapons.

These weapons would be more typically found in a museum or a collection, not in every day use. As such I am setting them as pretty hard to find.

Once armor gets implemented or I figure out a way to mod it I will possibly add it in (though walking around in plate armor might be a bit overpowered...)

Currently implemented in mod:

Flanged Mace

Horseman's Flail

Warhammer

Broadsword

To be added to the mod:

K98 Karabiner (7.92 Mauser)

C96 Mauser (7.63 Mauser)

If you have any historic weapons you want to see added let me know. Though, don't expect new versions for every single weapon addition.

Keep in mind that we are currently stuck with base weapon models for the character to hold until the code changes.

Currently there are no custom sounds for the melee weapons as I didn't bother looking for any as the stock sounds work. So they will stay that way unless someone wishes to donate custom sounds for those.

The items are distributed in some homes and can rarely be found on dead bodies.

Though, if you want to cheat, you can spawn them to your inventory using the "End" key

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vcc4mvp9r0hzcvm/OHWM.zip

Let me know if you run into any issues,

Originally made for:

DannikJerriko

Looks cool, gonna check it out when i can, im at work. I'de like to see a K98 Mauser. Oh you mentioned a insert key for spawning them, is that just for this mod, or is this something you can do in game already, there's times when I'd love to just spawn stuff to mess around, so serious game.......oh shit boss coming, bye!

I have not tried your mod yet. But I downloaded it to try it. If your asking about weapons how about a War Hammer or a broadsword.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_hammer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basket-hilted_sword

Just for clarification are you asking for the one-handed warhammer or the two handed maul?

As for the broadsword, I can put it in but there is no player sprite for a sword, so it'd look like a golf club or something. Again for clarification, are you wanting the cross-hilt early version typically shown in rpgs or the basket-hilted schiavona like is shown in assassin's creed?

Looks cool, gonna check it out when i can, im at work. I'de like to see a K98 Mauser. Oh you mentioned a insert key for spawning them, is that just for this mod, or is this something you can do in game already, there's times when I'd love to just spawn stuff to mess around, so serious game.......oh shit boss coming, bye!

The insert key function is something I coded in so if another mod uses the same key for testing there will be a conflict. Two other mods that do this are Real Kentucky Firearms and The Canning Mod. I may change the key at some point...

Need some clarification from you too. the K98 Karabiner is a german ww2 era rifle using the 7.92 mauser round. Whereas, the C96 Mauser is a German WW2 pistol that used a variety of rounds (though for this mod I'd use the 7.63 mauser round)

I am putting some WW2 guns in my upcoming gun mod, though mostly American as the game takes place in Kentucky. So I would be comfortable putting German WW2 guns here.

yea the rifle version the K98 Karabiner

although the pistol version is cool too, looks a lot like a blaster from star wars, eh? ;) 

Adding it to the to-do list.

Small fact most the blasters from the Original 3 Star Wars were based on or build from ww2 weapons.

Stormtrooper Blaster - L2A3 Sterling

Rebel Blaster Rifle - STG-44

Stormtrooper Heavy Blaster Rifle - MG34

Repeating Blaster (sandtrooper) - Lewis Gun

Heavy Blaster (sandtrooper) - MG15

Han's Blaster - Mauser C96

Jawa Gun - Lee Enfield (cut down)

You get the picture.

I have not tried your mod yet. But I downloaded it to try it. If your asking about weapons how about a War Hammer or a broadsword.

Just for clarification are you asking for the one-handed warhammer or the two handed maul?

As for the broadsword, I can put it in but there is no player sprite for a sword, so it'd look like a golf club or something. Again for clarification, are you wanting the cross-hilt early version typically shown in rpgs or the basket-hilted schiavona like is shown in assassin's creed?

warhammer just the one handed one. In game the hammer would work fine just with better stats.  The hammers lose of durability would need to be changed. As well as it length would need to be a little longer in it stats. And I am not sure but the damage might be more.

As for the sword other then being a bladed skill weapon what ever you have to use for the pic is ok I know there are limits.

warhammer just the one handed one. In game the hammer would work fine just with better stats.  The hammers lose of durability would need to be changed. As well as it length would need to be a little longer in it stats. And I am not sure but the damage might be more.

As for the sword other then being a bladed skill weapon what ever you have to use for the pic is ok I know there are limits.

Alright, adding to the to-do list.

Ok I downloaded your mod and turned it on and it is the only mod running. I started a new sandbox game and I hit insert and nothing no weapons on my toon. I have only looked at about 5 house and nothing yet. So I am not sure it working at all yet.

Ok I downloaded your mod and turned it on and it is the only mod running. I started a new sandbox game and I hit insert and nothing no weapons on my toon. I have only looked at about 5 house and nothing yet. So I am not sure it working at all yet.

Whoops, just checked, I set it to the End Key which is #207, insert is 210. The items would be fairly difficult to find... not everyone has a medieval mace lying around.

They also have a chance to appear on bodies by the way.

Whoops, just checked, I set it to the End Key which is #207, insert is 210. The items would be fairly difficult to find... not everyone has a medieval mace lying around.

LoL ok I will try again I died so have to started a new game. Maybe I should not test with insane zombies set lol.

Hm Note I tried it again still nothing. mod loaded but no key give me the weapons. I have to try and see if it drops randomly.

LoL ok I will try again I died so have to started a new game. Maybe I should not test with insane zombies set lol.

Hm Note I tried it again still nothing. mod loaded but no key give me the weapons. I have to try and see if it drops randomly.

Well, this is what happens when I don't get time to test... it wasn't working because I capitalized the name of a folder...

It is verified fixed now AND you get your broadsword and warhammer. let me know if you have any issues now.

and the "end" button works now I promise

I am still working on the guns, they take significantly more work.

Sorry for the mixup there, still learning how to mod for this game.

Well, this is what happens when I don't get time to test... it wasn't working because I capitalized the name of a folder...

It is verified fixed now AND you get your broadsword and warhammer. let me know if you have any issues now.

and the "end" button works now I promise

I am still working on the guns, they take significantly more work.

Sorry for the mixup there, still learning how to mod for this game.

No blame at all I do not know how to do any of the modding work at all. it now seem to work and after work I will try the weapons a bit more see how they feel. :)

Ok I have not played around with them all yet, But I think you have the broadsword just right first off. It dose good damage and loses durability at the right pace. I know swords will lose there edge fast as they are used.

Now the only other one of the 4 weapons I tried was the flanged mace. I found one in a house right off so I have been put it to use. I do find for a weapon of all metal it seem to lose durability a bit fast. Now I will say I am starting with a new character with no skills. So I do know it will go down fasted. But it seem to go down at about the same rate as a bat dose with the same skill level. Now it should lose durability at the same rate of maybe the crowbar. It is not as good as the bat but I had to use a crowbar for 3 days in a game week back. And it is smaller then the bat but it all metal and it last a long time.

I still need to give some more time to the warhammer and flail.

Ok I have not played around with them all yet, But I think you have the broadsword just right first off. It dose good damage and loses durability at the right pace. I know swords will lose there edge fast as they are used.

Now the only other one of the 4 weapons I tried was the flanged mace. I found one in a house right off so I have been put it to use. I do find for a weapon of all metal it seem to lose durability a bit fast. Now I will say I am starting with a new character with no skills. So I do know it will go down fasted. But it seem to go down at about the same rate as a bat dose with the same skill level. Now it should lose durability at the same rate of maybe the crowbar. It is not as good as the bat but I had to use a crowbar for 3 days in a game week back. And it is smaller then the bat but it all metal and it last a long time.

I still need to give some more time to the warhammer and flail.

Thanks for the feedback! I will look into doing some adjustments. I will also be changing how the broadsword is repaired by adding items such as a whetstone etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nodachi

nodachi09_odachi.jpg

When I get back to this mod I will ass a katana/Nodachi if you want. I am trying to get a playable version of my other mod first.

since Realistic Weapons Mod now works, how about a melee version of it, I absolutely love swords. Aaaand since those weapons all kill pretty much silent, how about adding (cross)bows as well?

Dude I would build you an altar in my PC room for that ;)

clipped

When I get back to this mod I will ass a katana/Nodachi if you want. I am trying to get a playable version of my other mod first.

since Realistic Weapons Mod now works, how about a melee version of it, I absolutely love swords. Aaaand since those weapons all kill pretty much silent, how about adding (cross)bows as well?

Well, I could have sworn there was a mod out there that already added crossbows/bows to the game, but now I can't find it...

As for melee weapons, I definitely will eventually get back into them, but It won't be through the OHWM, I'll probably canabalize some parts and make a ORMM (ORMtnMan's Realistic Melee Mod) to compliment my gun version... Other mods have added katanas, and machetes though, but the katana is always so weak (probably because it is assumed to be a replica). Especially now that we have custom models I feel more inclined to revisit the melee weapons (and crossbows/bows)

That said, give me some time, I am a relatively busy person and I already find it difficult to find time to add things to my gun mod.

clipped

Well, I could have sworn there was a mod out there that already added crossbows/bows to the game, but now I can't find it...

As for melee weapons, I definitely will eventually get back into them, but It won't be through the OHWM, I'll probably canabalize some parts and make a ORMM (ORMtnMan's Realistic Melee Mod) to compliment my gun version... Other mods have added katanas, and machetes though, but the katana is always so weak (probably because it is assumed to be a replica). Especially now that we have custom models I feel more inclined to revisit the melee weapons (and crossbows/bows)

That said, give me some time, I am a relatively busy person and I already find it difficult to find time to add things to my gun mod.

Yes there was one, called "Tommyguns2" I think, but its outdated, and seems like the inventor is in the process of moving cross country, so with the current build 32.16 I´m not aware of any mod, adding melee or silent distancekills weapons, that work in functionality and visibility. Hydrocraft adds the ability to create custom bows, and arrows, but uses poolcue skins at least for bows, stating in his thread that he is not intended to add 3D models anytime soon, which is fully understandable viewed from the point how much other stuff he adds with his mod, so no offense here...

I don´t wanna get you in a hurry, just sayin that at the moment there is no real competitor in the field for melee weapons, so it might be worth the wile to fill this gap ;)

greetz and thnx for taking the time to reply aaaand furthermore planting the seeds of hope for another great working mod like your realistig guns mod

• 2 weeks later...

clipped

Yes there was one, called "Tommyguns2" I think, but its outdated, and seems like the inventor is in the process of moving cross country, so with the current build 32.16 I´m not aware of any mod, adding melee or silent distancekills weapons, that work in functionality and visibility. Hydrocraft adds the ability to create custom bows, and arrows, but uses poolcue skins at least for bows, stating in his thread that he is not intended to add 3D models anytime soon, which is fully understandable viewed from the point how much other stuff he adds with his mod, so no offense here...

I don´t wanna get you in a hurry, just sayin that at the moment there is no real competitor in the field for melee weapons, so it might be worth the wile to fill this gap ;)

greetz and thnx for taking the time to reply aaaand furthermore planting the seeds of hope for another great working mod like your realistig guns mod

First,

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I don't seem to be getting notifications from this string...

Here is the crossbow mod I was talking about. My mod is perfectly compatible with it.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/15092-zomboidxbow-update-balancing-and-bugfixes/

I am working through my gun mod, making some good progress, so melee is still on the horizon, unless someone beats me to the chase.