Sling/weapon carrying systems

Tproffitt

I was playing the other day and had my shotgun with a sling on it and it made me think that the slings should have more use than just giving a weapon a flat weight decrease.

My thought was that instead of a sling reducing the weight of a shotgun or rifle, the weapon would maintain it's regular weight while being wielded or stored in a container, but having the sling on would give you the option to carry the weapon on your shoulder or across your back so you can keep it on your person in case of emergency. On top of this, adding the option to tie a sheet or rope to a weapon as a crude sling would be easy enough thing to do in reality..

Only while the weapon is over your shoulder would it give you the weight reduction and depending on if it's a cloth sling of an actual weapon sling can dictate how much weight is reduced and how quickly it can be drawn or put away

As for melee weapons, being able to craft a sling out of sheets for melee weapons like the bat or axe and have them function the same as the gun slings would be simple enough to do. Even the frying pan wouldn't be hard to do in reality like threading the cloth through the loop in the handle and tying it to a belt or backpack loop.

Finally, pistols and knives can have holsters/sheathes be lootable objects most commonly found in areas like the police station and be worn be the character. A pistol holster could be essentially programmed like a backpack, but instead of a "put on back" option be "tie to belt", "tie to leg" or "wear on shoulder" depending on what type of holster it is. The object could then be set up as only allowing storage of 1 item - the weapon it's designed for- and have a right click option for "holster" on a pistol or knife and "draw weapon/equip primary" on a filled holster on the character menu. 

Just some ideas I think would help help out and fit in pretty well into the game

Having the choice to either carry a backpack on your back or a weapon would lead to an interesting choice that would have to be made everytime you go looting a new area. 

Ive never used a firearm in PZ, Id rather play the silent killer...come to think of it, Ive never played a firearm character in any game that also has a melee class, I just like getting up close and personal lol