Zombie Body Wall.

DannikJerriko

Maybe be able to pile zombies so that you can form a makeshift wall, but if you keep it around too long (particularly in summer) you are more prone to illness?

I.e. 5 zombies = small fence that slows zombies down

10zombies = same as shitty wall/ a little less 'life'?

Sorry if this has been posted before!

I'd rather go for corpses making you slower when you are on a tile that contains one. Maxing out at like -50% speed perhaps (or something). For instance each corpse lowers speed by 10%

And then you can add a 'nimble' trait that reduces this to 5% per corpse.

Building a wall out of bodies is gonna catch major flak.

LoL funny as hell and some what sick to. I have to think even adding it to the game I pass over using this. I like to burn the body's and get rid of them. I would not mind them adding in your toon getting sad or panic from all the dead body's around anyway. 

Why. It would be so much easier to make a wooden wall.

And who the hell would even attempt to sit their and stack infected corpses? Your asking to get infected just be piling them up.

That is not the point. It's about realism. Also, it's not necessarily easier to build walls etc as they make noise and attract more zombies and also cost resources one may not have. I would stack them. I would stack them high.

Regardless of whether or not it is a terrible idea:

- there are more ways than one to enjoy this game ;)

And who the hell would even attempt to sit their and stack infected corpses? Your asking to get infected just be piling them up.

That is not the point. It's about realism. Also, it's not necessarily easier to build walls etc as they make noise and attract more zombies and also cost resources one may not have. I would stack them. I would stack them high.

Regardless of whether or not it is a terrible idea- there are more ways than one to enjoy this game ;)

realism..................

realistically, in a zombie apocalypse the last thing you would want is a wall of stinking, rotting, festering, disease ridden corpses all piled up in a wall . would be the dumbest thing you could do, short of walking towards a horde and daring them to try and eat you.

Regardless of whether or not it is a terrible idea- there are more ways than one to enjoy this game ;)

realistically, in a zombie apocalypse the last thing you would want is a wall of stinking, rotting, festering, disease ridden corpses all piled up in a wall . would be the dumbest thing you could do, short of walking towards a horde and daring them to try and eat you.

I think you missed the point.

1) It doesnt change the fact that wood is not always the most common thing and this is potentially a short-term strategy. Also, if you have ever read the 'Zombie Survival Guide', (upon which this game is based) you will note that zombies actually contain Solanum, the compound that makes them 'zombies' and prevents them from rapidly decaying. As such, having a pile does not instantly mean you get diseased, as they are not instantly rotten. Also, this is could be a downside to using this strategy <- again, because it is a short term fix, not a long term solution. Have you ever had a fort and had 50+ zombies take down your door and burn through all your ammo, leaving you to kill the last dozen in your base with an axe, while hordes more roam in the surrounding forest? Its not exactly the time you want to go putting up walls or making fires, so a short term fix while one recuperates in this situation, it might well be welcome to have a quick, dirty ;) disposable barrier. Penalties to mood or more prone to illness could come with having this as a barricade for a extended period of time.

2) this could be a lot of fun in multiplayer/PvP when building walls is not always an option. Its a good way to lay a trap for someone by piling a whole bunch of zombies in front of a window with only a sheet so they dont see what they are stepping in to.

3) different people have different play styles. Some people lose their mind when society collapses around them and this is one way people could express that.

4) The possibilities! BURNING WALL OF ZOMBIES!!! Kill a bunch and pile them high into defensible positions and then lure more in, light your barricade and blast away with a shot gun from behind it!

1) It doesnt change the fact that wood is not always the most common thing and this is potentially a short-term strategy. Also, if you have ever read the 'Zombie Survival Guide', (upon which this game is based) you will note that zombies actually contain Solanum, the compound that makes them 'zombies' and prevents them from rapidly decaying. As such, having a pile does not instantly mean you get diseased, as they are not instantly rotten. Also, this is could be a downside to using this strategy <- again, because it is a short term fix, not a long term solution. Have you ever had a fort and had 50+ zombies take down your door and burn through all your ammo, leaving you to kill the last dozen in your base with an axe, while hordes more roam in the surrounding forest? Its not exactly the time you want to go putting up walls or making fires, so a short term fix while one recuperates in this situation, it might well be welcome to have a quick, dirty ;) disposable barrier. Penalties to mood or more prone to illness could come with having this as a barricade for a extended period of time.

2) this could be a lot of fun in multiplayer/PvP when building walls is not always an option. Its a good way to lay a trap for someone by piling a whole bunch of zombies in front of a window with only a sheet so they dont see what they are stepping in to.

3) different people have different play styles. Some people lose their mind when society collapses around them and this is one way people could express that.

4) The possibilities! BURNING WALL OF ZOMBIES!!! Kill a bunch and pile them high into defensible positions and then lure more in, light your barricade and blast away with a shot gun from behind it!

in future builds, having a bunch of zombies sitting around will in fact make you physically and mentally sick, they have talked about this before. exposure to bodily fluids is a prime source of infection in the game, and you want to voluntarily put yourself in that position by piling up bodies.

i know very well the amount of time it takes to move Corpse A over to Location X. it is nowhere near as quick as you make it out to be.

as for point 4....................obviously if you have a pile of zombies, you will not be able to shoot THRU them to hit a target on the other side. now try adding fire to this situation, not able to see what is coming, the chance a zombie who is on fire could walk around and cause more fires.........oh yeah, that seems like a good idea to me too.

You know what I think would be good? Stuff on the ground obstructing travel. If you can only put 50 encumbrance of items on a section of floor, that implies that the floor is loaded up pretty heavily with crap by that point - it should be difficult to pick your way through that.

I agree this should be in the game!

3EzkRkt.jpg

I thought of the same scene when I read the OP haha

I like the "slower movement with a fuller floor tile" idea, makes sense.  Wall of zombie corpses...not so much sense, not only that, as someone mentioned, the body weights 8 weight or so? so you could only stack 6 bodies up in a single tile, which would amount to all of about 4-5 feet of rotting corpses, you can still see over it and wouldnt really be a wall at all.

in future builds, having a bunch of zombies sitting around will in fact make you physically and mentally sick, they have talked about this before. exposure to bodily fluids is a prime source of infection in the game, and you want to voluntarily put yourself in that position by piling up bodies.

i know very well the amount of time it takes to move Corpse A over to Location X. it is nowhere near as quick as you make it out to be.

as for point 4....................obviously if you have a pile of zombies, you will not be able to shoot THRU them to hit a target on the other side. now try adding fire to this situation, not able to see what is coming, the chance a zombie who is on fire could walk around and cause more fires.........oh yeah, that seems like a good idea to me too.

Points 1 - 3 still stand man, also, if they ever get dif level aiming systems working then you can just build yourself a structure. Again, I never said "this is the best defense strategy ever". I know how to survive. This is for shits and giggles.

I agree this should be in the game!

3EzkRkt.jpg

I thought of the same scene when I read the OP haha

I like the "slower movement with a fuller floor tile" idea, makes sense.  Wall of zombie corpses...not so much sense, not only that, as someone mentioned, the body weights 8 weight or so? so you could only stack 6 bodies up in a single tile, which would amount to all of about 4-5 feet of rotting corpses, you can still see over it and wouldnt really be a wall at all.

Also, I really like the idea of cluttered floor tiles, I would like it if I had any likes left! You are right though, probably more of a barrier to slow other zombies down. But it would make sense to have the mechanic because if you stand in your door way hacking down zombie after zombie in the same spot, eventually the entry would become clogged.