Museum building

DannikJerriko

First off: Sorry if this have been made before, I haven't seen it. And if it has been made it a good idea. :)

This is just for the idea of the addition of a building. I have always had it in my mind that, were there a Zapocolypse, that one of the first places that I would raid would be the local museum because they have a whole bunch of classic weapons (e.g. swords -katana, long-sword, etc -, medieval axes, clubs/maces, as well as old school muskets and armour). This would also be a fairly heavily defended site I thought.

Thoughts and suggestions?

I know that they weren't planning on putting in the items I suggested but this is a realistic case as to why some of that stuff might exist.

First off: Sorry if this have been made before, I haven't seen it. And if it has been made it a good idea. :)

This is just for the idea of the addition of a building. I have always had it in my mind that, were there a Zapocolypse, that one of the first places that I would raid would be the local museum because they have a whole bunch of classic weapons (e.g. swords -katana, long-sword, etc -, medieval axes, clubs/maces, as well as old school muskets and armour). This would also be a fairly heavily defended site I thought.

Thoughts and suggestions?

I know that they weren't planning on putting in the items I suggested but this is a realistic case as to why some of that stuff might exist.

Would be interesting but probably would not be put in until we get into more metropolitan areas... I can't imagine a smithsonian style museum out in the middle of nowhere Kentucky.

Actually after doing a search, the only relevant museums are a Civil War museum in Nicholasville KY, the Frazier History Museum in Louiville KY, the Kentucky Military History Museum in Frankfort KY and possibly the Rowan County Veterans Museum in Morehead KY.

Cool Concept though, you could be the new world samurai!

My skills with computers is maxed out with ctrl+P and ctrl+v :D Thanks for the support, I was thinking Maldorough -I am 90% sure I spelt this wrong-  would be a rather small/hick town for it but I want a mace (Or a flail!)

Well some crazy redneck probably has one...

If you want I can make you a small mod next week so you can have a mace. (That stuff is easy).

I'm too busy this week/weekend so...

EDIT: Keep in mind though I can't make a sprite that the character holds that looks like a mace due to limitations. It would be a mace in name, inventory icon and stats only.

Here the best way to do this Muldraugh and West Point are real towns in kentucky. Try a goggle search and see if there are any place like that in ether town. Maybe a small road side museum or some thing like that.  I do know that the Knob Creek gun range has a full blow machine gun event 2 times a year. And that place is in the game. So who knows what other thing you might find along the way.

Here the best way to do this Muldraugh and West Point are real towns in kentucky. Try a goggle search and see if there are any place like that in ether town. Maybe a small road side museum or some thing like that.  I do know that the Knob Creek gun range has a full blow machine gun event 2 times a year. And that place is in the game. So who knows what other thing you might find along the way.

No, I checked, no military museums in the general area. The closest one is in Louisville

No, I checked, no military museums in the general area. The closest one is in Louisville

Kind of though so but you never know. And Louisville has the baseball bat museum can not wait for that one, ;)

Kind of though so but you never know. And Louisville has the baseball bat museum can not wait for that one, ;)

Oooohhh maybe unique Louisville Slugger Baseball bat?

My skills with computers is maxed out with ctrl+P and ctrl+v :D Thanks for the support, I was thinking Maldorough -I am 90% sure I spelt this wrong-  would be a rather small/hick town for it but I want a mace (Or a flail!)

Well some crazy redneck probably has one...

If you want I can make you a small mod next week so you can have a mace. (That stuff is easy).

I'm too busy this week/weekend so...

EDIT: Keep in mind though I can't make a sprite that the character holds that looks like a mace due to limitations. It would be a mace in name, inventory icon and stats only.

That Sir, would be incredible! You are a kind person for offering, if you are keen then I would most happily accept. There is absolutely 0 rush. I have exams for the next 2 weeks and will not play again till the 14th of November :( - Just live vicariously through this forum

Oooohhh maybe unique Louisville Slugger Baseball bat?

I already put that in a post few months back. And it still a good idea ;) 

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10801-louisville-slugger-factory-and-museum/

**clipped**

I already put that in a post few months back. And it still a good idea ;)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/10801-louisville-slugger-factory-and-museum/

The only difficult thing about "unique" items is how distribution works... not very good for putting out only 1 unique item.

**clipped**

That Sir, would be incredible! You are a kind person for offering, if you are keen then I would most happily accept. There is absolutely 0 rush. I have exams for the next 2 weeks and will not play again till the 14th of November :( - Just live vicariously through this forum

Yeah me too... most of the time, I am cruising the forums in between projects at work...

Well, I promise you will have a mace and flail by the time your exams are done.

• 2 weeks later...

My idea when i posted about the museum was that it contain some things like katanas and shields and weapons/tool from the past. They would be a one time use no respawning thing. They would be very fragile meaning that they will break faster. Katana could be a fast swinging, decent ranged, Light weight, Mid-high damage weapon but it would have only about 125 uses. A shield could have about 50-120 uses and when equipped secondary it could be used to block what would be bites/scratches a good 50% of the time. The a world war II coat that would provide some protection from weather and zombies but would become tattered and torn after a total of 10-60 hours of rain total or 30-50 zombies attacks. Again only works on a 50% basis. Then there could be weapons called Old gun or Historical gun with some Old bullets or Historical bullets. These guns would be something like some of the first repeaters. The would do a lot of damage up close. but have terrible aim and take a good while when reloading. It would be more of a novelty item. Then there could be things like War jeeps with a few MREs or old cans of food and such in the back. The museum could also have a gift shop filled with random things like fossils and other useless things. It could be a historical war museum. Just an idea.