More lived in (destroyed) world

Shotokan

I'm a big fan of this game, but one thing I notice that bugs me is that the world is so pristine looking.  If a zombie apocalypse happened, you'd expect to see more destruction and chaos around I would think.  Like pre-boarded up windows and doors, blood everywhere, corpses, burnt down buildings, signs of looting and vandalism, etc.

Also broken down vehicles (I assume this is already planned) would go a long way to make things look more realistic.

I think when npc's are added there will be a lot of destruction in a month or 2, but I am sure the devs will add more destrction around the map later on, and I think destruction isn't that much of a problem.

It's not a problem, you're right.  It's just a 'nice to have' even just some grime and dirt here and there would help.  Those townfolk were incredibly tidy people!

I'd say with the boarded windows/doors is to just have random houses spawn with certain specifications. Slightly boarded with just a few windows and doors boarded, and only a few boards on them, like a hasty last-ditch effort, and have some other windows smashed in and blood inside. Then there'd be mid to heavy barricaded houses which may have NPCs, just be abandoned, or broken into with blood inside.

It's worth noting that there are several houses and trailers that are burnt out or vandalized if you look for them. Some even have graffiti on them. I'm sure the other stuff is to come in the future- I personally have wanted to see broken windows on random houses at the start, because I think that's probably the most common sign of the zedpocalypse.

It's worth noting that there are several houses and trailers that are burnt out or vandalized if you look for them. Some even have graffiti on them. I'm sure the other stuff is to come in the future- I personally have wanted to see broken windows on random houses at the start, because I think that's probably the most common sign of the zedpocalypse.

That would be a start. My idea was more for touching up on the destruction after they litter the streets with wrecked cars and such. Still, it'd be nice to walk by a house with some shoddy-looking barricades and busted windows, climb in and find a load of blood and a couple zeds, right?

That would be a start. My idea was more for touching up on the destruction after they litter the streets with wrecked cars and such. Still, it'd be nice to walk by a house with some shoddy-looking barricades and busted windows, climb in and find a load of blood and a couple zeds, right?

Just thinking, why exactly would all the cars be wrecked? I mean, it's not like they all spontaneously blew up or anything. Sure there would be the odd crash, but I'd imagine the vast majority of vehicles would have been driven off to the nearest highway, where no doubt they would have been stuck into an almighty traffic jam.

And to be honest, I'm kinda hoping the devs avoid putting in too much random elements that exist from the start of the game. I'd much rather be able to look at an abandoned barricaded house and say "hey, something actually went down here". Which is far more cooler than just mixed selections of barricades which don't offer much of a story. But then again, it would make the world rather bare at first...

Should already be happening -- Mash put some personal touches on some of the houses, such a broken windows and blood smears far back in early testing.

Should already be happening -- Mash put some personal touches on some of the houses, such a broken windows and blood smears far back in early testing.

I can confirm this, I'm living in a building atm that has pre-smashed windows. can't name the number of houses that have blood smears

I can confirm this, I'm living in a building atm that has pre-smashed windows. can't name the number of houses that have blood smears

I'm talking more "first few days chaos." Like, people frantically boarding up their houses but getting interrupted by their neighbor who wants to chew their face off and such. So a few shoddy barricades along with the busted windows, blood, and walking corpses.

Guys mb this is a stupid question but how the story started? I mean it is some virus or it just happen some how. Usually there should be a story.

But in this case, the mystery is what makes it all the more exciting. Knowing about it would just make it another zombie story. Hunting around the forums might come up with bits and pieces, but time will tell if the developers decide to reveal the truth...

*cue dramatic drums*

Indeed, and the more mystery the better. It's all about the here and the now. This is the reality.

Really, I would like to see (much much later down the track) some aesthetics like spilled beverages and broken crockery. Perhaps some weak pre-boarded windows in the inner city and some busted doors. But that's about the extent of it.