Whitelist account limit?

KarenB88

Is there a limit to the number of accounts that can be added to the whitelist?

I'm having new players report that the accounts I added for them are deleted when the server restarts. Older accounts are left alone though. I currently have 141 registered users on the whitelist. If not because of a limit, do you know another reason why the server might be deleting new accounts?

Thanks!

Are you using the 'quit' command to shutdown the server after adding the users?

If you don't then sometimes there's a leftover database journal and the 'quit' is needed to write it to the DB. In that case they won't show up if the server crashes after adding them as well.

There's a ticket about that here: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-627-database-cant-be-altered/

Hi, thanks for the reply. :)

I went to try and re-add the missing players using the /quit command. I made a backup of the database and checked it - still only 141 accounts. It's like it's refusing to make more than that, which is why I'm still suspecting a limit.

Can a dev confirm/deny this? Has anyoned ever succesfully whitelisted more than this? And is there a way to fix it?

I just successfully added 200 users to the DB through 'adduser' as an admin user followed by a server 'quit' to make sure it saves (on windows).

I then restarted the server and then added another user via the console as well (again followed by 'quit' to make sure it saved).

hmm

Hi all, thanks for your replies. :)

Is the world.db the same as the serverPZ.db? 'Cause that's the only db in the db folder. That file is 28 KB.

Bryby, hmm, seems like it is possible then. I also noticed I got one of those journal files you mentioned.

Any news on the issue?

I did some testing in my own time but sadly have not come up with a conclusion. I've tried pretty much everything except resetting the server. Which I will do in any case when Build 30 comes around, so if all else fails, perhaps that works.

Any news on the issue?

I did some testing in my own time but sadly have not come up with a conclusion. I've tried pretty much everything except resetting the server. Which I will do in any case when Build 30 comes around, so if all else fails, perhaps that works.

How do you add new accounts, is it done manually or do you use in game commands to add them?

I've tried, but either that doesn't work either, or I'm just bad at figuring out how to do it.

EDIT: Figured out how to add players, it's a bit tedious but it's a decent fix if it works. Problem is I can't upload the file again, Fragnet's systems won't allow it. So I've contacted them to see if that can be changed. Will keep you posted.

Think I managed to fix it, with the help of Fragnet :)

Apparently my server's java had crashed, they helped me restart it, and now it seems the whitelist works again! :D I'll keep an eye on the server the next days to make sure it continues working.