Lack of Serious Roleplay?

Bloody Mary

As far as I know, there used to be a really popular serious roleplay server that had Bedford Falls mixed in with it. That was insanely fun. But now, the only serious roleplay servers are one that has questionable roleplay quality and crashes often, and one that's not a 24/7 server and is event-only. How come there's no modded roleplay servers around any more? Is Bedford Falls broken?

As far as I know, there used to be a really popular serious roleplay server that had Bedford Falls mixed in with it. That was insanely fun. But now, the only serious roleplay servers are one that has questionable roleplay quality and crashes often, and one that's not a 24/7 server and is event-only. How come there's no modded roleplay servers around any more? Is Bedford Falls broken?

24/7 roleplay servers are most likely harder to maintain, exactly because of the reasons you've described above - "questionable roleplay" and "often crashes" due to small activity of the moderators/admins. You have to choose one of the two - either you tolerate the "questionable roleplay" with "occasional crashes" but be able to play 24/7, or you tolerate the server being off most of the time, but when it's on it has a good quality roleplay with rare crashes bothering you.

Could band together with other fellow survivors and start an RP server, I'd certainly be interested.  The apocalypse can be a lonely place and not everyone likes to play the special forces survivalist expert who needs no help what so ever to survive the horde.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually like the fact some people don't roleplay and grief, it's easy to give it a roleplay aspect. Call them "The crazy ones", some people who probably lost their minds during their fight for survival, psychotic survivors, some are barelly human anymore.

It adds to the paranoïa in MP, when you see someone you don't know what the feck's gonna happen, keeps you on your toes.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually like the fact some people don't roleplay and grief, it's easy to give it a roleplay aspect. Call them "The crazy ones", some people who probably lost their minds during their fight for survival, psychotic survivors, some are barelly human anymore.

Pretty much like the Reds camping outside cities in the glorious days of Ultima Online, although there's no PvP-free safe areas in PZ. Basically when you needed to make a run for resources you stashed your belongings in a safe place, then ran as naked as the game let you be while a buch of tank magiwizardroguedragontrainers riding raptors tried to Kal Vas Flam your briefs.

Lmao I could picture it.

A group of 5 survivors spawn together. They all roleplay, get along and form a group. They loot everything in the immediate area and get a few schoolbags and baseball bats / golf clubs. They work their way out of the city, taking a few in game days to accomplish it. During that time, they dealt with a few hardships. Survivor 1 gets bit, survivor 2 gets scratches but stays alive, survivor 3 ends up nearly dying due to hunger, survivor 4 is okay.  Survivor 5 suddenly turns rogue and types into the chat:

Survivor 5: "lol u guys r ghay lol"

Survivors 2, 3 and 4 are confused by this, and they simply ignore it, but as soon as they turn their backs, survivor 5 comes up and stabs them all with a pencil and steals their loot.

Survivor 5: "told u lol"

Survivor 5 runs out onto the street but quickly gets gunned down by Bandit 1, 2, 3, and 4. They divide up the loot, and carry forth, but then get overrun by zombies due to the gunshots.

All because a random survivor shanked his teammates with a pencil.

My friend is going to be making a Strict Roleplay Server i am not sure which company will be hosting the server but it should have pretty good quality and good ping.

The server will start out public but once we get issues with trolls we will whitelist it, if you guys are interested private message me and i will give you more info on the server :)

I am looking to host semi RP server here in the near future. I enjoy them as well but trolls can be difficult to deal with. I had a hell of a nightmare dealing with cheaters/trolls on my Unturned survival server. So much so that I shut it down until 3.0 gets to a level of content on par with 2.0 (Plus its VAC sealed and actually has a way to ban people on dedicated servers.).

I'd love to join a RP server, but not one with PVP enabled.

I do enjoy a PvP environment as much as the other guy, but right now you die from 2 shotgun shots with no chance to retaliate.

Real story: I'm new, I just lotted an axe from a zed, and here comes the guy RPing a robber/mugger with 5 days in game, holding a shottie and tells me to drop my stuff. I drop some chicken and my golf club, he tells me to drop more. I drop a bottle of water, he keeps asking for more. I drop a sheet, and he shots me. I click on axe in inventory to equip it, he shots me again and kills me. I'm not complaining, I make another guy and join again, and in less than a hour, same guy is near me, asking again for free stuff. And, of course he shots me again. I make the 3rd guy, I start playing again, then I find out the "mugger" have admin privileges there.

I am not going to give names or point fingers. Suffice to say that I'm not going to join a PvP server anytime soon :)

So if any of you is willing to make a RP server, 24/7, without PvP enabled, but with lots of zeds (similar to insane sandbox), fast respawn times (1-4 hours), lot rare/extremely rare (maybe 12-24 hours respawn), I would be very interested to join.

I'd love to join a RP server, but not one with PVP enabled.

I do enjoy a PvP environment as much as the other guy, but right now you die from 2 shotgun shots with no chance to retaliate.

Real story: I'm new, I just lotted an axe from a zed, and here comes the guy RPing a robber/mugger with 5 days in game, holding a shottie and tells me to drop my stuff. I drop some chicken and my golf club, he tells me to drop more. I drop a bottle of water, he keeps asking for more. I drop a sheet, and he shots me. I click on axe in inventory to equip it, he shots me again and kills me. I'm not complaining, I make another guy and join again, and in less than a hour, same guy is near me, asking again for free stuff. And, of course he shots me again. I make the 3rd guy, I start playing again, then I find out the "mugger" have admin privileges there.

I am not going to give names or point fingers. Suffice to say that I'm not going to join a PvP server anytime soon :)

So if any of you is willing to make a RP server, 24/7, without PvP enabled, but with lots of zeds (similar to insane sandbox), fast respawn times (1-4 hours), lot rare/extremely rare (maybe 12-24 hours respawn), I would be very interested to join.

I can understand that. I would have my server with safety enabled and displayed for all users with it off. Then you would at least know if anyone has it off that they are dangerous and you may want to shoot first. I don't like the idea of being able to see it for RP sake but its a necessity to prevent the kill on sight nature that is like a cancer in games of this genre.

Just log out while he is talking to you. I pretty much log out mid combat all the time and cheat like crazy, you just disappear and get to keep your stuff, teaches the looter to shoot first and you get to keep your stuff this time.

However pvp must exist on any server I play on because if some guy walks into my base and starts looting my stuff, I want to defend my property.

Just log out while he is talking to you. I pretty much log out mid combat all the time and cheat like crazy, you just disappear and get to keep your stuff, teaches the looter to shoot first and you get to keep your stuff this time.

However pvp must exist on any server I play on because if some guy walks into my base and starts looting my stuff, I want to defend my property.

That is a point I've never considered. The property defense consequences of disabling PVP.