ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

If the above post contains the fixed version guns still are not spawning for me.

Go to the C:/Users/*user*/Zomboid/Mods/ORGM/media/lua/server (or hwerever you have your zomboid folder) and replace the ORGMdistributions with this https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvavq16y2rqqzaw/ORGMDistribution.lua?dl=0

And ths tis what I get for uploading before my morning coffee...

blech... sorry guys.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5bmw99w79a6aeb7/ORGM+1.10.zip

This one really should work

that one was broken aswell : I try this... https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvavq16y2rqqzaw/ORGMDistribution.lua?dl=0

that one was broken aswell : I try this... https://www.dropbox.com/s/rvavq16y2rqqzaw/ORGMDistribution.lua?dl=0

OO, I'm not really sure what I would do without you guys... I'm like the genius that can't tie his own shoes... (except maybe not such a genius :P :P )

Anyway, fix, fix, fix AND as an added bonus, updated the distributions to put loot in the filing cabinets in the West Point police station storage... (hopefully, but with my track record, who knows)

Keep the bugs comin so I can squash them

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ijx822t1tskmdq6/ORGM+1.11.zip

Ok, I will test this on my new config, fast zombies, with perfect senses, immortal and inhuman, with insane spawns, this will be fun to get to the PD.

I think I had an issue with the raging bull at one point, shot 6 rounds at point blank(5 feet) not a single round hit the crowd of 10 and died from a bite, so it doesnt seem to hit anything ever, will test more...

The Ruger Security Six has unlimited ammo it seems Also the Beretta Model 471 Silver Hawk has no icon I think its because you forgot a r in berretta

Its because there was a capital SilverHawk instead of Silverhawk

I believe Beretta is spelled with 1 r... OO is right, capital letters in coding this game will be the death of me...

And to continue with my constant stream of hotfixes! (you all must hate me by now...)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rlrr3jsf55j75hl/ORGM+1.11.5.zip

The Ruger Security Six has unlimited ammo it seems Also the Beretta Model 471 Silver Hawk has no icon I think its because you forgot a r in berretta

I believe Beretta is spelled with 1 r... OO is right, capital letters in coding this game will be the death of me...

And to continue with my constant stream of hotfixes! (you all must hate me by now...)

*10 hox fixes later* I barely got into the game before a new one, heh, maybe do less hotfixes and do patches every week/few days with fixes? This gives time to find bugs and report them, fixes can be done and new additions can be added.

*10 hox fixes later* I barely got into the game before a new one, heh, maybe do less hotfixes and do patches every week/few days with fixes? This gives time to find bugs and report them, fixes can be done and new additions can be added.

Fair point... I just feel so bad for the bugs in the first place that I feel the need to fix them for you guys right away...

I cant load .223 into the standard stanag magazines (using keltec PLR)... I see no option to do it and I have 45 .223 rounds.

Please tell me if I am making a silly mistake somewhere. 

There are two types of STANAG one that loads .223 and one that loads 5.56. Was it the mag that you ejected from the PLR?

For it to load .223 the name will mention .223 instead of 5.56, otherwise there is a rightclick menu to convert the mag netween .223 and 5.56 loading. It is the only way I could maintain the STANAG mag compatibility between the two rounds without allowing one or the other to load into non-compatible guns.

Let me know if the problem persists and I will look into it further, but, for now the code looks normal

I had it loaded for .223 but it was probably because I swapped reloading difficulties without starting a new game...

Yeah switching reload difficulties tends to cause weird things to happen... but I am not sure if what you experienced is one of them... I will see if I can replicate the issue before I put out my next interim version.

I had it loaded for .223 but it was probably because I swapped reloading difficulties without starting a new game...

Yeah switching reload difficulties tends to cause weird things to happen... but I am not sure if what you experienced is one of them... I will see if I can replicate the issue before I put out my next interim version.

Right, ok can you also make .40 spawn more in houses please?

why just .40? It is probably one of the lesser used ammos (gun wise)

EDIT: Only 2 guns currently use it, I am adding 2 more on the next interim-update, but then there will only be 4 of 77

EDIT: Only 2 guns currently use it, I am adding 2 more on the next interim-update, but then there will only be 4 of 77

Because the Glock 22 (or generally the glock series) is some of my most favourite guns in games probably because the british army use them (as well as the P226 but thats 9mm), and whenever I find one the is almost no ammo even on abundant.

9mm and 223 are quite rare aswell, 12 gauge is the most common finding at least 5 shells in every house...

[edit] are you planning 20gauge for the next update?

Because the Glock 22 (or generally the glock series) is some of my most favourite guns in games probably because the british army use them (as well as the P226 but thats 9mm), and whenever I find one the is almost no ammo even on abundant.

9mm and 223 are quite rare aswell, 12 gauge is the most common finding at least 5 shells in every house...

[edit] are you planning 20gauge for the next update?

The P226 is multicaliber and in my mod is under the .40 because I needed more .40 guns. 12 ga. Shotguns are fairly common defensive weapons in the state, and in the mod it is the most common caliber for sheer number of guns for the caliber. 

I set the ammo rarity to be exactly in line with the ability to find the corresponding guns. I will think on some ways to possibly improve how the weapons are distributed but it probably won't be on the next interim version. I am open to any suggestions on that idea.

Also on another point, the shotguns are pretty much the best gun ever for zombie horde control. So I would be happy to find loads of shells. In my testing run throughs I also found a lot of 12 ga. shells but I used most of them up clearing the streets

The 20 ga/.410 won't be added until after 1.2, I already had a large list of guns to put out for the 1.2 update

Ok 2 things one how do you put attachments on guns cause I see no options for it and 2 funny thing I killed a zombie in a house checked body was shocked and happy to find a half chocked Spas 12 admires it 1 min later in the same house I killed the zombie in finds another Spas 12 in a bed drawer well then I guess  I found West Points Spas 12 Nut lol

Ok 2 things one how do you put attachments on guns cause I see no options for it and 2 funny thing I killed a zombie in a house checked body was shocked and happy to find a half chocked Spas 12 admires it 1 min later in the same house I killed the zombie in finds another Spas 12 in a bed drawer well then I guess  I found West Points Spas 12 Nut lol

To apply mods you need a screw driver. Sometimes that happens, each zombie has their own chance to spawn things, luck that you got two, they are on the rare spawn table, though I can't think of why you would need two...

Yeah, maybe a solution for revolvers is to drop ammo by 1, not sure how to ignore the racking issue.

Common Pseudo-Rounds:

BBs

Pellets

Caps/starter blanks

In the US, ammo is reasonably common though main rounds that are common are(In about relative order from most common to least):

.22 LR(By far the most common round in the world)

9mm Para(This is about even with 12G)

12G Shells(Slug/Shot, maybe we can at least have this variant?)

.45 ACP

.30-06 Springfield

20G Shell

.40 S&W

7.62mm RUS(This is more common than I first thought...)

.410 SB Shell

.357 Magnum

.44 Magnum

5.56mm NATO

7.62mm NATO

.50 BMG

10mm Auto

.38 Super

.380 ACP

Uncommon to rare rounds(Making up about 3-5% of ammo in US in order from uncommon to rare):

5.7x28mm

7.62mmR

.30-30 Winchester

.45 Colt

.50 AE

.454 Casull

This is just a related list to help in distribution, I find that 7.62mmR is over all rare, though more common in northern states, but availability seems more restricted than first thought, but I still love it. 10mm and lower is considered uncommon, but still on the common list, loving the mod though, already started a youtube series on it for early fun and testing.

Had a blast, though I want to show a lot more. Anyway I can get a special test version that allows me to obtain all the guns quickly along with 2 boxes of ammo for each type, I already heard about the pistol debug, but just seeing.Might show off all the guns on youtube for more mod exposure, kind of a goal for the series is to show off all the items.

I have my reasons.. (carefully closes hidden door)

P.S anybody have any duck tape no reason. :ph34r:

Remind me to never visit you >.> ... Yeah the best place to find ducktape is the hardware store, otherwise you can find it sometimes in houses, or more often storage units.

Enjoying your mod a lot so far! Couple issues I've noticed:

XM1014 is pump action even though its convertible to semi auto.

The DesertEagle .44 cannot load mags.

You can rack the slide with revolvers.

Thanks! I am glad you like it, though as you can see, it is still very much in development.

I'll address the issues you found:

XM1014 - Yes, I know, but there currently is not a reload script that allows for single round loading while having it semi-automatic, I am having the same problem with The SKS, the Mosin and all the DA revolvers, for now they will have a "racking" until I can make modified reload scripts which are on my agenda.

DE .44 - I'll look into it and it will be fixed before I release next interim version (today hopefully)

Racking with Revolvers - see above, however I am also hopefully going to figure out how to have multiple ammo inputs which would allow for these to load single rounds OR from a speedloader.

Yeah, maybe a solution for revolvers is to drop ammo by 1, not sure how to ignore the racking issue.

Common Pseudo-Rounds:

BBs

Pellets

Caps/starter blanks

In the US, ammo is reasonably common though main rounds that are common are(In about relative order from most common to least):

.22 LR(By far the most common round in the world)

9mm Para(This is about even with 12G)

12G Shells(Slug/Shot, maybe we can at least have this variant?)

.45 ACP

.30-06 Springfield

20G Shell

.40 S&W

7.62mm RUS(This is more common than I first thought...)

.410 SB Shell

.357 Magnum

.44 Magnum

5.56mm NATO

7.62mm NATO

.50 BMG

10mm Auto

.38 Super

.380 ACP

Uncommon to rare rounds(Making up about 3-5% of ammo in US in order from uncommon to rare):

5.7x28mm

7.62mmR

.30-30 Winchester

.45 Colt

.50 AE

.454 Casull

This is just a related list to help in distribution, I find that 7.62mmR is over all rare, though more common in northern states, but availability seems more restricted than first thought, but I still love it. 10mm and lower is considered uncommon, but still on the common list, loving the mod though, already started a youtube series on it for early fun and testing.

Had a blast, though I want to show a lot more. Anyway I can get a special test version that allows me to obtain all the guns quickly along with 2 boxes of ammo for each type, I already heard about the pistol debug, but just seeing.Might show off all the guns on youtube for more mod exposure, kind of a goal for the series is to show off all the items.

I had laid out my distributions to follow similar guidelines for which guns/ammo were common, I think there is one 30-30 that is in the common and one .45 Colt, but other than that... I do a thorough review and rejiggering of the distributions sometime in the process of development.

As for your super special version I will put it out with the test button to do just that when I release the next version which will be 1.13 later on this morning/afternoon PST.