ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

7 minutes ago, ORMtnMan said:

They look awesome! Where's the dropbox?

The Dropbox is here.

Pretty sure you should be able to access them, if I've done a silly let me know - also, now I'm on my backup little notebook machine thing, it's hard for me to get a really good look at them closely in-game - I can tell that they're approximately the right size, shape and colour, and see the main details such as ejection ports on models that have them, but if any really small faces are inside out I might not notice. I do the usual sequence that -should- make the whole thing correctly oriented, but if you notice anything strange, please tell me and I'll fix them.

Edited by TOShok
I suck at links

16 hours ago, TOShok said:

The Dropbox is here.

Pretty sure you should be able to access them, if I've done a silly let me know - also, now I'm on my backup little notebook machine thing, it's hard for me to get a really good look at them closely in-game - I can tell that they're approximately the right size, shape and colour, and see the main details such as ejection ports on models that have them, but if any really small faces are inside out I might not notice. I do the usual sequence that -should- make the whole thing correctly oriented, but if you notice anything strange, please tell me and I'll fix them.

Awesome, You are a maestro of modelling my friend.

I will play around with them a bit.

9 hours ago, RickBFP said:

Just to make sure before I start deleting items, the gun attachments currently have no purpose right ?

4 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Well, they improve stats if you have them equipped...

Don't forget that they don't do much unless you have a screwdriver available - you can't see the "attach" option unless you have a screwdriver in your hand or inventory and a compatible weapon/attachment combination.

Edited by TOShok

15 hours ago, TOShok said:

Don't forget that they don't do much unless you have a screwdriver available - you can't see the "attach" option unless you have a screwdriver in your hand or inventory and a compatible weapon/attachment combination.

Ah, okay thanks. I know with Carpentry you just need to have it in your inventory but that is good to know . 

One thing while I'm making the AI-AW model - the AI-AW and the L96 are basically the same thing (the L96 is pretty much an obsolete version that the AW series was a further on development from, as I understand it) - as the model will be essentially the same, I was considering using the AWP (the police version) for the AI-AW - that lets me colour it black instead of green, shorten the barrel and I'll probably have one with a bipod and one without. If you'd rather just use the same model for both, that's fine, but I'm assuming the eventual intent was to have each one be unique.

Edited by TOShok

2 hours ago, TOShok said:

One thing while I'm making the AI-AW model - the AI-AW and the L96 are basically the same thing (the L96 is pretty much an obsolete version that the AW series was a further on development from, as I understand it) - as the model will be essentially the same, I was considering using the AWP (the police version) for the AI-AW - that lets me colour it black instead of green, shorten the barrel and I'll probably have one with a bipod and one without. If you'd rather just use the same model for both, that's fine, but I'm assuming the eventual intent was to have each one be unique.

I do have 2 AW guns, the L96 and the AI-AW308

I've put five more models onto the Dropbox here;

AI-AW 308 (Arctic Warfare) (.308 Winchester/7.62x51mm)

L96 (7.62x51mm/.308 Winchester)

American-180 (.22 LR)

Kel-Tec PLR-16 (.223 Remington/5.56x45mm)

Skorpion VZ. 61 (.32 ACP)

Spoiler

L96 profile.pngL96 angle.png L96

AI-AWP profile.pngAI-AWP angle.png AI-AW (AWP variant)

American 180 profile.pngAmerican 180 angle.png American-180

Skorpion profile.pngSkorpion angle.png Skorpion vz 61

PLR-16 profile.pngPLR-16 angle new.png PLR-16

The PLR-16 looks a little odd at some angles, but I think it's just an illusion.

Edited by TOShok

I've put five more models onto the Dropbox here;

AI-AW 308 (Arctic Warfare) (.308 Winchester/7.62x51mm)

L96 (7.62x51mm/.308 Winchester)

American-180 (.22 LR)

Kel-Tec PLR-16 (.223 Remington/5.56x45mm)

Skorpion VZ. 61 (.32 ACP)

Spoiler

L96 profile.pngL96 angle.png L96

AI-AWP profile.pngAI-AWP angle.png AI-AW (AWP variant)

American 180 profile.pngAmerican 180 angle.png American-180

Skorpion profile.pngSkorpion angle.png Skorpion vz 61

PLR-16 profile.png58bc6ba23a3f3_PLR-16angle.png.4168bba11d89811c43e4ce16be1ca381.png PLR-16

The PLR-16 looks a bit strange at certain angles, but it seems to just be an illusion - the model is angled correctly.

Edited by TOShok

name = "m14";
    locationModel = dir .. "/media/models/" .. "weapons_" .. name .. em;
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "m14" .. et; 
    loadStaticZomboidModel("weapons_" .. name, locationModel, locationTexture ) ;

name = "l96";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "l96" .. et; 

name = "p90";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "p90" .. et; 

example of how i try to integrate them into ORGM.lua and they still doesn't work

item AIAW308
    {
        AmmoType    =    AIAW308Mag,
        ImpactSound    =    null,
        MaxRange    =    34,
        WeaponSprite    =    l96,
        SoundVolume    =    75,

just nope, it still uses old m14 model, if you guys managed to launch them then explain in details how

Edited by кот

5 hours ago, Drama_Setter said:

Why last update was since 2015 year? 

Yep, sounds about right. As I have been saying for going on my second year, I'm working on it... but I'm not paid to do mod, so real life takes precedent.

6 hours ago, кот said:

name = "m14";

name = "l96";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "l96" .. et; 

name = "p90";

example of how i try to integrate them into ORGM.lua and they still doesn't work

item AIAW308
    {
        AmmoType    =    AIAW308Mag,
        ImpactSound    =    null,
        MaxRange    =    34,
        WeaponSprite    =    l96,
        SoundVolume    =    75,

just nope, it still uses old m14 model, if you guys managed to launch them then explain in details how

Post your entire ORGM.lua. Let me take a look.

ORGM = {}
local MOD_ID = "ORGM22";
local MOD_NAME = "ORMtnMan's Real Gun Mod2";
local MOD_VERSION = "1.24";
local MOD_AUTHOR = "ORMtnMan";
local MOD_DESCRIPTION = "Adds in realistic weapons that might be found in the area.";

local function info()

-- The directory of the mod folder. 
    dir = getDir("ORGM22");

-- quick extension strings.
    em = ".txt";
    et = ".png"; 

name = "ar15";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. name .. et; 
    --                    (model name        , modelLocation, textureLocation )

name = "fnfal";

name = "g3";

name = "kalash";

name = "kriss";

name = "krissciv";

name = "m16";

name = "ppk";

name = "sl8";

name = "l96";

name = "mp5";

name = "revolverlarge";

name = "ump";

name = "uzi";

name = "shotgunsawn";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "ShotgunSawn" .. et; 

name = "shotgunsawnblack";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "ShotgunSawn_Black" .. et; 

name = "shotgun";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "Shotgun" .. et; 

name = "shotgunblack";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "Shotgun_Black" .. et; 

name = "spas12";

name = "glock22";

name = "glock23";

name = "model19bwg";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "model19_Black_WoodGrip" .. et; 

name = "model19cwg";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "model19_Chrome_WoodGrip" .. et; 

name = "model19cbg";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "model19_Chrome_BlackGrip" .. et; 

name = "rugermkii";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "rugermkii" .. et; 

name = "henry";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "henry" .. et; 

name = "m14";

name = "p90";

name = "sa80";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "sa80" .. et; 

name = "sks";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "sks" .. et; 

name = "svd";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "svd" .. et; 

name = "mini14";
    locationTexture = dir .. "/media/textures/" .. "Objects_" .. "svd" .. et; 

print("Mod Loaded: " .. MOD_NAME .. " by " .. MOD_AUTHOR .. " (v" .. MOD_VERSION .. ") " .. dir);

end    

Events.OnGameBoot.Add(info);

it has ORGM22 name at the start cuz im using it as test version for changing stats, so far i've launched L96 and SL8 models, pistol\onehanded weapon models doesn't work at all

1 hour ago, кот said:

alright, all working fine new models now have their own new places and not replaced with already exist models, great job Toshok models really look sexy

So is the mod folder called ORGM22 now? If it isn't the mod won't be looking in the right place for the models.

14 hours ago, кот said:

alright, all working fine new models now have their own new places and not replaced with already exist models, great job Toshok models really look sexy

If you've got them in and you're happy with how they're working, that's great.

I'll be updating the Dropbox each weekend, but I can't say for sure how much I'll get done each week - depends how much time I get, and if I have any funny problems along the way.

I'm not 100% on the size of a Python revolver - anyone able to tell me if this is too large or about right?

Python profile.pngPython angle.png

(I still have some messing to do with it before it's ready for proper use, but I need to get the size about right sooner or later)

Edited by TOShok
puzzling python

4 hours ago, TOShok said:

If you've got them in and you're happy with how they're working, that's great.

I'll be updating the Dropbox each weekend, but I can't say for sure how much I'll get done each week - depends how much time I get, and if I have any funny problems along the way.

I'm not 100% on the size of a Python revolver - anyone able to tell me if this is too large or about right?

Python profile.pngPython angle.png

(I still have some messing to do with it before it's ready for proper use, but I need to get the size about right sooner or later)

It might be a bit big. Though that depends on the barrel length you're going for. With a 6 in barrel would be 11.5 inches long in total. and between 5.5 to 6 inches tall. If you think she (in the picture is about 5'9" it might be about right.

That does look like a 6" barrel.

6" .357 Python for reference:

author-patricia-cornwell-w-a-twohanded-a

5 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

It might be a bit big. Though that depends on the barrel length you're going for. With a 6 in barrel would be 11.5 inches long in total. and between 5.5 to 6 inches tall. If you think she (in the picture is about 5'9" it might be about right.

That does look like a 6" barrel.

6" .357 Python for reference:

author-patricia-cornwell-w-a-twohanded-a

I was going for one of the larger ones - if I remember correctly there are already a few small-size-only revolvers already on the list, and to be honest I like the look of some nice chunky revolvers. That said, the Anaconda is basically the same revolver in a larger caliber, so I might change this model to be the Anaconda and make a slightly smaller version for the Python.

Edited by TOShok

dude can i ask for personal remodeling? mod already has HK91\g3 model but it looks very boring - just black rifle, so maybe you can add some colours for that?

for example:  DSC00247.jpg

Edited by кот

1 hour ago, кот said:

dude can i ask for personal remodeling? mod already has HK91\g3 model but it looks very boring - just black rifle, so maybe you can add some colours for that?

I was going to leave most of the weapons that already have models by other people until the end - the idea being that even if a couple have edgy colours or are not quite positioned right, there's at least something there.

That said, I will see if I can get a G3 done for the next batch I put up on Dropbox this week.

(On a sidenote, if it is more useful to have the current models redone, I can do that just as easily - makes no difference to me what order I do them in really.)

I've also played with the revolver model a bit more, and this is where I got it to. I think the problem I have is that there are so many different barrel lengths, and most images I could try to use for scale only have the gun and people's hands in, and everyone's hands are different sizes as well.

Python profile.pngPython angle.png Python

Anaconda profile.pngAnaconda angle.png Anaconda

These aren't quite done yet, and aren't on the Dropbox - still just testing for size and colour.

1 hour ago, TOShok said:

I was going to leave most of the weapons that already have models by other people until the end - the idea being that even if a couple have edgy colours or are not quite positioned right, there's at least something there.

That said, I will see if I can get a G3 done for the next batch I put up on Dropbox this week.

(On a sidenote, if it is more useful to have the current models redone, I can do that just as easily - makes no difference to me what order I do them in really.)

I've also played with the revolver model a bit more, and this is where I got it to. I think the problem I have is that there are so many different barrel lengths, and most images I could try to use for scale only have the gun and people's hands in, and everyone's hands are different sizes as well.

Python profile.pngPython angle.png Python

Anaconda profile.pngAnaconda angle.png Anaconda

These aren't quite done yet, and aren't on the Dropbox - still just testing for size and colour.

Yeah, new models are more important. We can always edit the texture of existing models to add color if necessary.

Both of those revolvers look awesome.