Jump to content
ORMtnMan

ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

Recommended Posts

Fine by me might make it easier

 

Well, I gues I'll commit it then, will make it easier to sort ammo.

 

On another note, I have been notified that the spawn rates still seem too high, is anyone else experiencing this? I lowered them for the last release but might have to lower them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On another note, I have been notified that the spawn rates still seem too high, is anyone else experiencing this? I lowered them for the last release but might have to lower them again.

 

I'm still getting a lot from dressers and crates. And yes, I am on version 1.14. See, I updated (;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On another note, I have been notified that the spawn rates still seem too high, is anyone else experiencing this? I lowered them for the last release but might have to lower them again.

 

I'm still getting a lot from dressers and crates. And yes, I am on version 1.14. See, I updated (;

 

 

Alrighty then, its settled, unless I get an angry mob after me I'll drop the distribution rates again on the next version

 

Hah! Little do you know, you are already behind a version BUAHAHAHAHAH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hah! Little do you know, you are already behind a version BUAHAHAHAHAH

 

 

Ummm... last time I checked, 1.14 was avail. in your OP.

 

Time to check again after I type this.

 

EDIT: yup... http://www.mediafire...e/ORGM 1.14.zip is the only one I can see.

 

 

Er... you will be behind a version on Friday ... >.>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm, sawn off rifles(mosin short)? Also it would be fun to see you make a mod that focuses either on adding junk loot(Aesthetics) or things that change how the game is played. I am praying for a good melee mod of doom...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Umm, sawn off rifles(mosin short)? Also it would be fun to see you make a mod that focuses either on adding junk loot(Aesthetics) or things that change how the game is played. I am praying for a good melee mod of doom...

 

Sawn off rifles aren't a bad idea... However junk and aesthetics are outside the scope of this mod... same with melee weapons.

 

There are a few problems with the aesthetic items and melee weapons.

 

For the melee weapons there are not really any mecchanics I can improve upon, I would only be adding more melee weapons to the game,

 

Second other mods cover both those bases already so I would be reinventing the wheel, wasting my time and competing with those mods which are already way ahead of me in that development, like the Hydrocraft mod (which has all kinds of junk, new food items, new melee weapon choices, and a nail gun...)

 

Finally, I have a hard enough time concentrating and updating this mod let alone another mod/more varied functions.

 

So, I will add sawn off versions of some rifles, but I politely decline on the other stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the cheifs special in .38 spc. Noticed it works in double action and you cant load +1 like before. How'd you pull that off?

 

Oh and I love it's sound, its perfect as a light emergency hold out pistol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For some reason I can't fire any of the guns. I can reload them and aim but I can't shoot them. I'm using the latest version of the mod with PZ version 31.12. I've tried hardcore, normal ,and easy but I still can't fire (Gun Settings). Any help? Thanks.

 

EDIT: Found the reason, mod conflict. Anyways thanks for such a great mod, Keep up the great work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the cheifs special in .38 spc. Noticed it works in double action and you cant load +1 like before. How'd you pull that off?

 

Oh and I love it's sound, its perfect as a light emergency hold out pistol

 

I made all custom reload scripts for all the guns, I achieved it my making amalgums of the current reload scripts or modifying them. In this particular case I took the semi-auto reload script, removed all references and requirements for clips, copied over the shotgun scripts reloading script block, and removed the references to chambering and replaced it in the firing ammo check with a check for the current total capacity.

 

All the guns should be operating generally as their real life counterparts with the exception of the Shotguns that can switch from semi to pump action. I will add that option when I figure out how to have the sawn-off recipe not cause ammo to dissapear. I know where to look to make it happen, I just haven't gotten to it.

 

Thanks! The Chief's Special is a handy holdout!

 

For some reason I can't fire any of the guns. I can reload them and aim but I can't shoot them. I'm using the latest version of the mod with PZ version 31.12. I've tried hardcore, normal ,and easy but I still can't fire (Gun Settings). Any help? Thanks.

 

EDIT: Found the reason, mod conflict. Anyways thanks for such a great mod, Keep up the great work!

 

Oh good, glad you figured it out! Let me know if you find any issues!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there may be a bug with removing attachments from weapons.

 

I had the Benelli XM1014 with a Full Choke and a Skeletal Stock, I finally found a saw to saw my gun down. I removed the said attachments and they did not get removed to my inventory. Basically... they went poof.

 

I haven't tried it on other guns yet as I generally only use a shotty and an axe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there may be a bug with removing attachments from weapons.

 

I had the Benelli XM1014 with a Full Choke and a Skeletal Stock, I finally found a saw to saw my gun down. I removed the said attachments and they did not get removed to my inventory. Basically... they went poof.

 

I haven't tried it on other guns yet as I generally only use a shotty and an axe.

 

Hrm, that is interesting, I have successfully removed mods from guns in my games... I'll see if I can reproduce the error. Though, I have a feeling it is not an issue with my mod as I have not made any modifications to how the game handles adding and removing mods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know you said that you wouldn't make the M14 DMR, but what about the regular M14?

Also, the M1 Carbine is still being produced in the civilian market, so it isn't rare. I do not know if the caliber has been changed, though.

 

Maybe the M240? (The replacement of the M60.) There is usually at least one issued in an infantry squad in the military. It is fairly prevalent. It is also a standard armament on Humvee's, armored vehicles, and helicopters.

 

Another thing to consider is the massive militarization of the American police forces. That means that an AR-15 type platform, in addition to its popularity in the civilian market, is very common in the arsenals of the various police forces around the country due to surplus military equipment being transferred.

 

I forgot to add the HK G36

Edited by UnmotivatedZombie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i know you said that you wouldn't make the M14 DMR, but what about the regular M14?

Also, the M1 Carbine is still being produced in the civilian market, so it isn't rare. I do not know if the caliber has been changed, though.

 

Maybe the M240? (The replacement of the M60.) There is usually at least one issued in an infantry squad in the military. It is fairly prevalent. It is also a standard armament on Humvee's, armored vehicles, and helicopters.

 

Another thing to consider is the massive militarization of the American police forces. That means that an AR-15 type platform, in addition to its popularity in the civilian market, is very common in the arsenals of the various police forces around the country due to surplus military equipment being transferred.

 

I forgot to add the HK G36

I dont live in america but I doubt a G36 will be easy to find in the US...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

i know you said that you wouldn't make the M14 DMR, but what about the regular M14?

Also, the M1 Carbine is still being produced in the civilian market, so it isn't rare. I do not know if the caliber has been changed, though.

 

Maybe the M240? (The replacement of the M60.) There is usually at least one issued in an infantry squad in the military. It is fairly prevalent. It is also a standard armament on Humvee's, armored vehicles, and helicopters.

 

Another thing to consider is the massive militarization of the American police forces. That means that an AR-15 type platform, in addition to its popularity in the civilian market, is very common in the arsenals of the various police forces around the country due to surplus military equipment being transferred.

 

I forgot to add the HK G36

I dont live in america but I doubt a G36 will be easy to find in the US...

 

I've seen 2 being sold nearby. In the state of Georgia. At first I thought the post was the HKG3, but no G36s are kind of rare, but not necessarily impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I think there may be a bug with removing attachments from weapons.

 

I had the Benelli XM1014 with a Full Choke and a Skeletal Stock, I finally found a saw to saw my gun down. I removed the said attachments and they did not get removed to my inventory. Basically... they went poof.

 

I haven't tried it on other guns yet as I generally only use a shotty and an axe.

 

Hrm, that is interesting, I have successfully removed mods from guns in my games... I'll see if I can reproduce the error. Though, I have a feeling it is not an issue with my mod as I have not made any modifications to how the game handles adding and removing mods.

 

Ok, I got it working. I had to uninstall and re install the mod for some reason.

 

And on a side note... I found a shotty that has unlimited ammo. I forgot the name though. If I come across another, I'll let you know what it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

i know you said that you wouldn't make the M14 DMR, but what about the regular M14?

Also, the M1 Carbine is still being produced in the civilian market, so it isn't rare. I do not know if the caliber has been changed, though.

 

Maybe the M240? (The replacement of the M60.) There is usually at least one issued in an infantry squad in the military. It is fairly prevalent. It is also a standard armament on Humvee's, armored vehicles, and helicopters.

 

Another thing to consider is the massive militarization of the American police forces. That means that an AR-15 type platform, in addition to its popularity in the civilian market, is very common in the arsenals of the various police forces around the country due to surplus military equipment being transferred.

 

I forgot to add the HK G36

I dont live in america but I doubt a G36 will be easy to find in the US...

 

 

Not to mention it is illegal unless you get the tax stamp, which is a prohibitive chunk of change and the ATF follows you closely form then on out which scares some of those right wing crazies that think the government is out to get them.

 

i know you said that you wouldn't make the M14 DMR, but what about the regular M14?

Also, the M1 Carbine is still being produced in the civilian market, so it isn't rare. I do not know if the caliber has been changed, though.

 

Maybe the M240? (The replacement of the M60.) There is usually at least one issued in an infantry squad in the military. It is fairly prevalent. It is also a standard armament on Humvee's, armored vehicles, and helicopters.

 

Another thing to consider is the massive militarization of the American police forces. That means that an AR-15 type platform, in addition to its popularity in the civilian market, is very common in the arsenals of the various police forces around the country due to surplus military equipment being transferred.

 

I forgot to add the HK G36

 

As said above, already got the modernized version of the M14.

 

I realize the M1 carbine is still being produced and there are still holdovers from the war (I still have my grandpas from when he served in Korea.) However as it was said, the .30 carbine is a fairly rare round and the guns that use it (besides the M1C) are few and far between, and I want to have more than 1 gun to 1 ammo caliber.

 

M60 is already on the list, I'll consider the M240... There are already AR-15s, M4 Carbines and M16s available to be found, did you not see them on the list?

 

As above the G36 would be difficult to find and I think I am going to leave it out, especially since I already have the civilian SA version the SL8 in the mod.

 

 

 

I think there may be a bug with removing attachments from weapons.

 

I had the Benelli XM1014 with a Full Choke and a Skeletal Stock, I finally found a saw to saw my gun down. I removed the said attachments and they did not get removed to my inventory. Basically... they went poof.

 

I haven't tried it on other guns yet as I generally only use a shotty and an axe.

 

Hrm, that is interesting, I have successfully removed mods from guns in my games... I'll see if I can reproduce the error. Though, I have a feeling it is not an issue with my mod as I have not made any modifications to how the game handles adding and removing mods.

 

Ok, I got it working. I had to uninstall and re install the mod for some reason.

 

And on a side note... I found a shotty that has unlimited ammo. I forgot the name though. If I come across another, I'll let you know what it is.

 

 

Good, glad it wasn't something i messed up...  If the shotgun was the Sawed off Silverhawk, someone already posted that one and it will be fixed for the next release. I will check the other shotguns though...

 

On a side note, I am testing a way that will make the distributions much more random (and awesome) so no more finding ammo in 5 round increments if I get this working! I also found something to help with the unloading of mags, but that probably will not be ready for the next release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

i know you said that you wouldn't make the M14 DMR, but what about the regular M14?

Also, the M1 Carbine is still being produced in the civilian market, so it isn't rare. I do not know if the caliber has been changed, though.

 

Maybe the M240? (The replacement of the M60.) There is usually at least one issued in an infantry squad in the military. It is fairly prevalent. It is also a standard armament on Humvee's, armored vehicles, and helicopters.

 

Another thing to consider is the massive militarization of the American police forces. That means that an AR-15 type platform, in addition to its popularity in the civilian market, is very common in the arsenals of the various police forces around the country due to surplus military equipment being transferred.

 

I forgot to add the HK G36

I dont live in america but I doubt a G36 will be easy to find in the US...

 

it is in use in some federal law enforcement agencies. there is a civilian model, the HK293, available in America now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Another thing to consider is the massive militarization of the American police forces. That means that an AR-15 type platform, in addition to its popularity in the civilian market, is very common in the arsenals of the various police forces around the country due to surplus military equipment being transferred.

 

 There are already AR-15s, M4 Carbines and M16s available to be found, did you not see them on the list?

 

As above the G36 would be difficult to find and I think I am going to leave it out, especially since I already have the civilian SA version the SL8 in the mod.

The comment about the AR-15 platforms was more geared toward its availability, not that it wasn't already in the mod. It is an extremely popular weapon in America (in the civilian market too.) I wouldn't expect to find it in every household in the game, but it wouldn't be that rare either. Of course, having too many would ruin both the realism and the difficulty. (surprisingly, despite the stereotype, not every American is armed to the teeth.) But that could be countered with some rifles being spawned in poor condition, though I realize that it might not be worth the trouble.

 

As i stated in the comment before this one*, there is a civilian version of the G36: the HK293 (HK243 in Europe). It has been  available in the US since November 2013. It would be a rare find, but it wouldn't be impossible.

 

 

*sorry about the double post, I'm new here and I screwed up with the multiquote thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Another thing to consider is the massive militarization of the American police forces. That means that an AR-15 type platform, in addition to its popularity in the civilian market, is very common in the arsenals of the various police forces around the country due to surplus military equipment being transferred.

 

 There are already AR-15s, M4 Carbines and M16s available to be found, did you not see them on the list?

 

As above the G36 would be difficult to find and I think I am going to leave it out, especially since I already have the civilian SA version the SL8 in the mod.

The comment about the AR-15 platforms was more geared toward its availability, not that it wasn't already in the mod. It is an extremely popular weapon in America (in the civilian market too.) I wouldn't expect to find it in every household in the game, but it wouldn't be that rare either. Of course, having too many would ruin both the realism and the difficulty. (surprisingly, despite the stereotype, not every American is armed to the teeth.) But that could be countered with some rifles being spawned in poor condition, though I realize that it might not be worth the trouble.

 

As i stated in the comment before this one*, there is a civilian version of the G36: the HK293 (HK243 in Europe). It has been  available in the US since November 2013. It would be a rare find, but it wouldn't be impossible.

 

 

*sorry about the double post, I'm new here and I screwed up with the multiquote thing.

 

 

The AR-15 is on the rare civilian list which the chance of encountering any category of weapon goes like such (for finding on bodies)

If you trigger the chance of finding a gun on a body (about 2%), The 80% chance is will be a civilian weapon, 20% non civilian. If you get non civilian, it is 80% chance a police weapon, 20% chance a military weapon. In all three categories there is common and rare, common has yet again 80% chance, rare has 20%.  In houses you only can trigger the civilian side, in police stations, only the non civilian side.

 

Houses have a 5% chance to trigger a gun drop so the percent chance of a drop per occurrance by category is as follows:

             Civ Com   Civ Rare   Pol Com   Pol Rare   Mil Com   Mil Rare

Body -   1.28%      0.32%       0.256%    0.064%     0.064%   0.016%

House - 4.0%        1.0%

 

So it is pretty rare to get a certain category, then you think I have an even chance of getting any gun on the list (and the rare civilian list is pretty long)... So it is hard to come by the rare weapons but considering I have found 2 MP5s in one game so far which is on the military common list... you might get one eventually.

 

I am reluctant to move  the AR-15 to the common list for the reasons you cited for it being a bit overpowered with its 30 rd mag which you can find enough of if you find any other STANAG using gun (as the mags are convertible).

 

As for the G36, the only american users I can find are the Baltimore PD and the Capitol Police, both of which are pretty far from Kentucky.

 

I would add the HK293, but I can't find that it has actually been released, I can only find articles that H&K has applied for the permission to sell. Do you have any links you could forward?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The AR-15 is on the rare civilian list which the chance of encountering any category of weapon goes like such (for finding on bodies)

If you trigger the chance of finding a gun on a body (about 2%), The 80% chance is will be a civilian weapon, 20% non civilian. If you get non civilian, it is 80% chance a police weapon, 20% chance a military weapon. In all three categories there is common and rare, common has yet again 80% chance, rare has 20%.  In houses you only can trigger the civilian side, in police stations, only the non civilian side.

 

Houses have a 5% chance to trigger a gun drop so the percent chance of a drop per occurrance by category is as follows:

             Civ Com   Civ Rare   Pol Com   Pol Rare   Mil Com   Mil Rare

Body -   1.28%      0.32%       0.256%    0.064%     0.064%   0.016%

House - 4.0%        1.0%

 

So it is pretty rare to get a certain category, then you think I have an even chance of getting any gun on the list (and the rare civilian list is pretty long)... So it is hard to come by the rare weapons but considering I have found 2 MP5s in one game so far which is on the military common list... you might get one eventually.

 

I am reluctant to move  the AR-15 to the common list for the reasons you cited for it being a bit overpowered with its 30 rd mag which you can find enough of if you find any other STANAG using gun (as the mags are convertible).

 

As for the G36, the only american users I can find are the Baltimore PD and the Capitol Police, both of which are pretty far from Kentucky.

 

I would add the HK293, but I can't find that it has actually been released, I can only find articles that H&K has applied for the permission to sell. Do you have any links you could forward?

 

Here is the link from HK's website. The model is just named differently in the US.

 

As for the commonality for the AR, I meant specifically the civilian model should be only slightly more common, like maybe 0.40% instead of 0.32%. but if you don't feel like the change would be justified, then whatever.

 

speaking of which, I've found 3 M16s on dead bodies (redead ones, if you get what i mean), and none of the Civilian models. This is with only within the first ingame week in two separate sandbox saves. That's on top of finding more (X)M1014s* than I know what to do with. I am playing with abundant weapons (to get a feel for them as well as not wanting to wait forever to try them out) but it struck me as odd that I found several military grade rifles, but none of the civilian models.

 

 

*The X is no longer in the designation, if you didn't know. it doesn't really matter to me, but its just a detail that some people more gun-crazy than me may complain about in the future :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

--clipped--

 

Here is the link from HK's website. The model is just named differently in the US.

 

As for the commonality for the AR, I meant specifically the civilian model should be only slightly more common, like maybe 0.40% instead of 0.32%. but if you don't feel like the change would be justified, then whatever.

 

speaking of which, I've found 3 M16s on dead bodies (redead ones, if you get what i mean), and none of the Civilian models. This is with only within the first ingame week in two separate sandbox saves. That's on top of finding more (X)M1014s* than I know what to do with. I am playing with abundant weapons (to get a feel for them as well as not wanting to wait forever to try them out) but it struck me as odd that I found several military grade rifles, but none of the civilian models.

 

 

*The X is no longer in the designation, if you didn't know. it doesn't really matter to me, but its just a detail that some people more gun-crazy than me may complain about in the future :P

 

 

That's just the website, which shows the gun (which is a very beautiful piece of machinery. However, I can still only find articles that say permission for sale is still pending...

 

Bumping the percentages up would require a whole new category or making all the rare civvie guns more common. I am reluctant to do so at this point, but maybe sometime soon.

 

Keep in mind the percentages I gave above are for the version I am about to release, the previous version still had too common of weapon drops. You must just be very lucky... I have killed hundreds of zombies with my Remington 870 and never found a military rifle. I don't know if abundant settings actually affect my drops as I have them as separate functions from the normal distribution scripts... though I haven't really looked into that so I could be wrong. I do get a few XM1014s too which is because it is on the Rare Civvie list AND the police common list. Also the Police common list is fairly short.

 

Meh, if someone cares that much there are some outdated weapon names in the mod, and I don't care that much... I like gun porn but the minutia of the name  (to that extent) is not quite that important yet.

 

ANYWAY, As I was saying above, new interim version!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/47e7ebpde17iqiy/ORGM+1.15.zip

Distribution redo which makes everything less common and ammo drops much more random in quantity (and as a bonus it fixes the multiple bits of ammo ejected when using the manual rack button)

and fixing of a couple of issues.

 

Let me know if you find any other issues or have more gun suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

i know you said that you wouldn't make the M14 DMR, but what about the regular M14?

Also, the M1 Carbine is still being produced in the civilian market, so it isn't rare. I do not know if the caliber has been changed, though.

 

Maybe the M240? (The replacement of the M60.) There is usually at least one issued in an infantry squad in the military. It is fairly prevalent. It is also a standard armament on Humvee's, armored vehicles, and helicopters.

 

Another thing to consider is the massive militarization of the American police forces. That means that an AR-15 type platform, in addition to its popularity in the civilian market, is very common in the arsenals of the various police forces around the country due to surplus military equipment being transferred.

 

I forgot to add the HK G36

I dont live in america but I doubt a G36 will be easy to find in the US...

 

 

Not to mention it is illegal unless you get the tax stamp, which is a prohibitive chunk of change and the ATF follows you closely form then on out which scares some of those right wing crazies that think the government is out to get them.

 

 

Sorry friend, but you are wrong in that regard, kentucky has no laws against automatic weapons or mag capacity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Kentucky under assault weapon laws and purchasing these weapons does not require a permit or stamp, you do require a lisense for federal reasons, but while that takes time, I know over 90 people with class 3 FFLs(Federal Firearms License) granted they are mostly ex/current military/law enforcement, some of them are just random people and a teacher. $30 for a 3 year license is not a big chunk, though a 3-12 month wait time is long, that isnt very long in the long run, so yeah... the big chunk only occurs if you are selling weapons or handling explosives, which is much harder to obtain at $3,000 just to own those, and that is when things get a bit scary.

 

I might be wrong though, its mostly just what I remember. I know sales and imports cost insane amounts of coin for licensing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...