ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

I had laid out my distributions to follow similar guidelines for which guns/ammo were common, I think there is one 30-30 that is in the common and one .45 Colt, but other than that... I do a thorough review and rejiggering of the distributions sometime in the process of development.

As for your super special version I will put it out with the test button to do just that when I release the next version which will be 1.13 later on this morning/afternoon PST.

Then I might just have to do a full review, heh .45 colt was a popular round, but has ramped down production and is rarely produced now since most of it's revolvers and rifles are no longer in service or use. .30-30 is one of those regional rounds, common in some areas, but Kentucky they are extremely rare.

I had laid out my distributions to follow similar guidelines for which guns/ammo were common, I think there is one 30-30 that is in the common and one .45 Colt, but other than that... I do a thorough review and rejiggering of the distributions sometime in the process of development.

As for your super special version I will put it out with the test button to do just that when I release the next version which will be 1.13 later on this morning/afternoon PST.

Then I might just have to do a full review, heh .45 colt was a popular round, but has ramped down production and is rarely produced now since most of it's revolvers and rifles are no longer in service or use. .30-30 is one of those regional rounds, common in some areas, but Kentucky they are extremely rare.

New version!!!

Lots of bug fixes, custom sounds for loading and manual actions, and yet more guns.

I did a fairly thorough testing phase on this one but let me know if you come across any more issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y050gfygc10bh1m/ORGM+1.13.zip

EDIT: Keep in mind there are still some weird reload weapons like the Mosin or the revolvers which has a "Racking" , I will be working on custom reload scripts for those to remedy that.

Also, do not convert any mags or guns (including sawing off) while they have ammo in them. Currently the conversion process causes the ammo to disappear, but I will also be working on the conversions returning ammo in upcoming versions

New version!!!

Lots of bug fixes, custom sounds for loading and manual actions, and yet more guns.

I did a fairly thorough testing phase on this one but let me know if you come across any more issues.

EDIT: Keep in mind there are still some weird reload weapons like the Mosin or the revolvers which has a "Racking" , I will be working on custom reload scripts for those to remedy that.

Also, do not convert any mags or guns (including sawing off) while they have ammo in them. Currently the conversion process causes the ammo to disappear, but I will also be working on the conversions returning ammo in upcoming versions

That is one of the only reasons I wanted and unloading script, maybe have it so the gun cant be converted while holding ammo? basically if ammo >0 then dont allow conversion. Also, if you convert a gun with a mag, it allows you to eject another mag, this can be done repeatedly.

Using Duct Tape and my 2 Spas 12s I made the one.. the ultimate... wait for it.... DOUBLE SPAS 12!!! Item_Spas12.png  Zombies trying to get you down and eat you your brains your wimpy guns just are not cutting it well now you can fight back using the new amazing Double Spas 12 with about double the power and ammunition of your average Spas 12 get ready to show those zombies who are boss!!!

Pat and Pending

WARNING Doge Co is not responsible for any loss of limbs brains or anything of the sort use with caution.

New version!!!

That is one of the only reasons I wanted and unloading script, maybe have it so the gun cant be converted while holding ammo? basically if ammo >0 then dont allow conversion. Also, if you convert a gun with a mag, it allows you to eject another mag, this can be done repeatedly.

That and the new reload scripts are definitely the next things I will be working on. I have a lot to figure out with those though so don't expect anything until next week.

Using Duct Tape and my 2 Spas 12s I made the one.. the ultimate... wait for it.... DOUBLE SPAS 12!!! Item_Spas12.png  Zombies trying to get you down and eat you your brains your wimpy guns just are not cutting it well now you can fight back using the new amazing Double Spas 12 with about double the power and ammunition of your average Spas 12 get ready to show those zombies who are boss!!!

Pat and Pending

WARNING Doge Co is not responsible for any loss of limbs brains or anything of the sort use with caution.

You sir are a young Frankenstein, but why stop at two, why not have 4 and strap them to your shoulders? Or make some fallout-esque Shotgun punch machine with Spas taped to your arm with a trigger plate mechanism? Then Doge co could really take off.

You sir are a Genius!! how would you like to work for Doge Co? also other news have a Spas 12 or one of our Spas related products and you just don't know how to use it well say no more introducing a new guide book from Doge Co called.... How To Spas!!!! Item_How_To_Spas.png  with the new How to Spas guide book it teaches you every thing you need to know about using any Spas 12 or Spas 12 related Doge Co products and plus as a added bonus when Doge Co releases a new Spas 12 related product just send your book in to us and we will update it for you for free!!! order now!!!  

New version!!!

Awesome, can I keep my current sandbox and just copy over the old version?

New version!!!

Awesome, can I keep my current sandbox and just copy over the old version?

Yeah, as the Doge co. President and CEO said, if you don't start a new game the new guns will not show up in houses/buildings unless you haven't been to the area yet. Though, they will still spawn on zombies you kill in areas you have been to. Otherwise there shouldn't be any funny business by the changes made this time around. (Unless you had a silverhawk. For some reason I had it at a 5 capacity when it is a double barrel. I fixed it but if you already had/found one it will be at 5 capacity)

Well...

I have a shitty issue.

When i shoot a zombie with a small arm- A BB or a .22, It goes to the desktop and prompts a message saying "Cannot load Hit.ogg" and then the game resumes on the desktop- when switching back to the game i get bitten by a zombie because it never paused.

Well...

I have a shitty issue.

When i shoot a zombie with a small arm- A BB or a .22, It goes to the desktop and prompts a message saying "Cannot load Hit.ogg" and then the game resumes on the desktop- when switching back to the game i get bitten by a zombie because it never paused.

That is strange, I did not adjust hit.ogg... do you have any other mods?

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Yes I sent you a message about a sound error I was having with a bb gun remember?

Is it persisting?

Attention!

If you have pneumatic weapons mod enabled, Promptly disable it!

That was my issue!

Well, that's great! I'm glad I didn't mess anything up

Yes I sent you a message about a sound error I was having with a bb gun remember?

Is it persisting?

Attention!

That was my issue!

WELLP FUUUCK.

That only fixed the rifles.

The 22 pistol and bb pistol still are broke like that.

Is it persisting?

Attention!

That was my issue!

WELLP FUUUCK.

Well, verified this is an issue and it is only the pistol versions. I will look into a fix for this for the next release.

EDIT: Fixed this by placing a placeholder sound file with the name Hit.ogg in the sound folder. Problem solved so if you don't want to wait, do the same.

On another note, I noticed that There are two problems I overlooked with the BB Rifle, It loads too slow and it racks too fast.... so those will also be fixed

Is it persisting?

Attention!

That was my issue!

WELLP FUUUCK.

Well, verified this is an issue and it is only the pistol versions. I will look into a fix for this for the next release.

EDIT: Fixed this by placing a placeholder sound file with the name Hit.ogg in the sound folder. Problem solved so if you don't want to wait, do the same.

On another note, I noticed that There are two problems I overlooked with the BB Rifle, It loads too slow and it racks too fast.... so those will also be fixed

Tell me how to do that step by step.

Tell me how to do it as if i had the intelligence of a retarded baboon.

because i am only tech savvy with web browsers and hardware.

Is it persisting?

Attention!

That was my issue!

WELLP FUUUCK.

Tell me how to do that step by step.

Tell me how to do it as if i had the intelligence of a retarded baboon.

because i am only tech savvy with web browsers and hardware.

Go to my mod folder, go to media, then sound copy any of the files with the .ogg extension, then rename it Hit.ogg.

Hopefully that is clear... if not I will just post a file for you to download

ORMtnMan, the problem I discovered with the red ryder BB gun is that when you rack after firing a round it ejects a handful on the ground. Keep in mind that this was with the last version, not 1.13.

Also a potential workaround if there's no way to implement a semi-auto revolver: Make all revolvers single action only and give them a quick racking time. That may be a neither feasible nor desirable solution however.

Again, another observation with the old version: I was trying out the Glock22 and noticed that the rate of fire was slow. Is that intentional for balance with semi-automatic pistols?

ORMtnMan, the problem I discovered with the red ryder BB gun is that when you rack after firing a round it ejects a handful on the ground. Keep in mind that this was with the last version, not 1.13.

Also a potential workaround if there's no way to implement a semi-auto revolver: Make all revolvers single action only and give them a quick racking time. That may be a neither feasible nor desirable solution however.

Again, another observation with the old version: I was trying out the Glock22 and noticed that the rate of fire was slow. Is that intentional for balance with semi-automatic pistols?

Nice finds! I think the Red Ryder dropping a pile of ammo on racking might have been one of two things either because the stack spawn size I had (which has now been lowered) or because the racking time was so low when you hit the rack button it multi-activated, which I will have corrected for the next version. Interesting problem though, I will look into it either way.

The problem is that there are only 3 fully working (that I know of) reload scripts, the mag reload, the revolver and the shotgun. Both allow for doing the chamber +1. I am working on making custom scripts for a more diverse set of options.

I set it to fire slower than the 9mm, but I need to go through all the guns and do a rebalance now that I have a larger selection.

How can i get this to work on my private server? Also what are the weapon names in terms of the additem command for totally non-cheaty purposes? 

I am not an expert on such matters but I believe everyone has to have the same mod installed for that to work.

Also to totally not cheat but get the right weapon names go to my mod folder, then media, then scripts, those text files hold all the item names depending on which guns you are looking for. They can all be opened up with notepad.

Keep in mind I know nothing of coding or scripts etc but I also thought it might work if say you made the revolvers magazine fed and to create the "speed loader magazine" you would right click on a stack of a multiple of 6 (or whatever the revolvers hold). I dunno just trying to save you time lol.

Keep in mind I know nothing of coding or scripts etc but I also thought it might work if say you made the revolvers magazine fed and to create the "speed loader magazine" you would right click on a stack of a multiple of 6 (or whatever the revolvers hold). I dunno just trying to save you time lol.

Eh, not quite the same thing... If I make the revolvers magazine fed as the current script works it would be as follows:

Load rounds into speed loader, the speeloader is loaded into the revolver, when you run out of ammo you eject the speed loader. One that is not quite realistic and it still doesn't solve the racking of the round issue.  Having the speedloader only load from a multiple of six would also not work, currently the script does not test for quantity, only if there is ammo and if there is remaining capacity in the gun. Also, if I set it for 6 that would limit me on the kinds of revolvers, for instance my SWM model 36 is 5 rounds I believe, also if I were to eventually implement a .22 revolver, there is a 8, 10 and 12 round .22 revolvers...

Right now I am banging my head against the wall of making a function to unload guns, but one I break through that I will move onto the unique actions of guns

I really do appreciate the ideas though, keep them coming you might think of something I haven't

Not sure if they are caused by your mod, so ignore if not (I was checking the console.txt for Hydrocraft errors and noticed these as well) - the errors don't really seem to break anything though,

I'm german - though I use English in Project Zomboid incase it's important.

----

ERROR: Missing translation "A pistol mounted tactical flashlight"

ERROR: Missing translation "Makes carrying a weapon less of a burden"

ERROR: Missing translation "A mounted sight that speeds up target acquisition and eases sustained firing"

ERROR: Missing translation "Increases magnification 8x for long range hunting or sniping"