ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!? You have a whole list of assult rifles but NO AK47...uhm...WHUT?! O_o?

That's because the guns on the list are reasonably common in the US and the AKM replaced the AK-47, which later was replaced by AK-74 which uses 5.45mm rounds instead of 7.62mm RUS rounds.

Edit 1: I would like to have a list of Modifications to know what to look for and possibly add suppressors(Reduce noise), skeleton stock(Reduce Weight), Extended Barrel(less spread) and a few more for fun.

WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!? You have a whole list of assult rifles but NO AK47...uhm...WHUT?! O_o?

That's because the guns on the list are reasonably common in the US and the AKM replaced the AK-47, which later was replaced by AK-74 which uses 5.45mm rounds instead of 7.62mm RUS rounds.

Edit 1: I would like to have a list of Modifications to know what to look for and possibly add suppressors(Reduce noise), skeleton stock(Reduce Weight), Extended Barrel(less spread) and a few more for fun.

Absolutely correct.The AK-47 (first introduced into service in 1949) is an old venerable design but it was replaced in 1959 by the AKM. The M in AKM stands for (in russian obviously) "modern" as is was only an updated version of the older design. The only difference was a slanted muzzle break to reduce muzzle rise, A cyclical rate reducer to make automatic fire more manageable, and the most important and defining difference was the usage of a light thinner gauge U receiver instead of a heavier machined receiver. So referring to the AK as an AK-47 is only correct if it has the machined receiver or the thicker stamped steel receiver that failed so much it caused them to use the machined version.

The AKM was then replaced by the AK-74 replaced the AKM 1974. It used the5.45 as Archadeas said because it is a lighter round which gave it faster speed, less bullet drop, longer range and reliability. They maintained a 50% parts commonality with the AKM for ease of production and repair. Though some Russian reservists and second line troops still use the AKM.

Finally both (the AKM and AK-74) were replaced in service by the modernized version, the AK-12.

Enough history lesson for now...

I can add a list of mods, sure, Skeleton stocks and folding/retractable stock would be good additions. However, the silencers I am still very much on the fence on. Here is why:

Silencers are illegal for civilian use unless you get a tax stamp, which is prohibitive because it has a fairly high payment and you have to demonstrate an actual need for it, like protecting your livestock from coyotes while not wanting to scare them into a stampede. As such it would be nigh impossible to find on civilians, especially since none of the farms nearby (in the game) seem to be livestock ranches.

For military police use, silencers are also rarely used. Police don't really do covert ops so they wouldn't have them, and the military would not be deployed to quell "riots" (in reality a zombie attack) with silencers.

Also, A silencer requires the attaching gun to have a threaded barrel for it to screw into. You couldn't pick up a gun off of a body and snap a suppressor onto it... So that would require you to find threaded guns or add threading yourself, which would require proper tools and some know-how

If a convincing case can be made, I might change my mind... though I would have to find silencing sounds... and there would be different suppressors for each caliber that can accept them...

Absolutely correct.The AK-47 (first introduced into service in 1949) is an old venerable design but it was replaced in 1959 by the AKM. The M in AKM stands for (in russian obviously) "modern" as is was only an updated version of the older design. The only difference was a slanted muzzle break to reduce muzzle rise, A cyclical rate reducer to make automatic fire more manageable, and the most important and defining difference was the usage of a light thinner gauge U receiver instead of a heavier machined receiver. So referring to the AK as an AK-47 is only correct if it has the machined receiver or the thicker stamped steel receiver that failed so much it caused them to use the machined version.

The AKM was then replaced by the AK-74 replaced the AKM 1974. It used the5.45 as Archadeas said because it is a lighter round which gave it faster speed, less bullet drop, longer range and reliability. They maintained a 50% parts commonality with the AKM for ease of production and repair. Though some Russian reservists and second line troops still use the AKM.

Finally both (the AKM and AK-74) were replaced in service by the modernized version, the AK-12.

I can add a list of mods, sure, Skeleton stocks and folding/retractable stock would be good additions. However, the silencers I am still very much on the fence on. Here is why:

Silencers are illegal for civilian use unless you get a tax stamp, which is prohibitive because it has a fairly high payment and you have to demonstrate an actual need for it, like protecting your livestock from coyotes while not wanting to scare them into a stampede. As such it would be nigh impossible to find on civilians, especially since none of the farms nearby (in the game) seem to be livestock ranches.

For military police use, silencers are also rarely used. Police don't really do covert ops so they wouldn't have them, and the military would not be deployed to quell "riots" (in reality a zombie attack) with silencers.

Also, A silencer requires the attaching gun to have a threaded barrel for it to screw into. You couldn't pick up a gun off of a body and snap a suppressor onto it... So that would require you to find threaded guns or add threading yourself, which would require proper tools and some know-how

If a convincing case can be made, I might change my mind... though I would have to find silencing sounds... and there would be different suppressors for each caliber that can accept them...

It is only illegal in 11 states, Kentucky is not a state they are illegal in and it is completely legal for any us citizen in that state to own one, granted they go through a background check and pay the taxes of $200 per user, not suppressor. No need is required to be stated for this as it is considered protective equipment like earplugs and is preferred in urban environments to reduce "Noise" pollution.

Swat teams almost always have not only threaded barrels, but suppressors as well and are used quite frequently for high risk night raids. Most military branches also use weapons with capped threads or flash suppressors on the end and have a stock of them on hand in case needed, you also have to take into account criminal activity in the city, threaded barrels are easy to put on, just remove the old barrel and use the threaded barrel, not a big deal on that one.

Suppressors are designed for specific calibers, most commonly 9mm, .45(Was designed as a subsonic round so it suppresses very well), 5.56mm, and 7.62mm(This however does not remove most of the sound, it just scatters it as with all large caliber suppressors, revolvers and shotguns rarely have silencers, but they can also be made from cloth, metal, duct tape and some minor scraps for improvised ones.

Anything else?

It is only illegal in 11 states, Kentucky is not a state they are illegal in and it is completely legal for any us citizen in that state to own one, granted they go through a background check and pay the taxes of $200 per user, not suppressor. No need is required to be stated for this as it is considered protective equipment like earplugs and is preferred in urban environments to reduce "Noise" pollution.

Swat teams almost always have not only threaded barrels, but suppressors as well and are used quite frequently for high risk night raids. Most military branches also use weapons with capped threads or flash suppressors on the end and have a stock of them on hand in case needed, you also have to take into account criminal activity in the city, threaded barrels are easy to put on, just remove the old barrel and use the threaded barrel, not a big deal on that one.

Suppressors are designed for specific calibers, most commonly 9mm, .45(Was designed as a subsonic round so it suppresses very well), 5.56mm, and 7.62mm(This however does not remove most of the sound, it just scatters it as with all large caliber suppressors, revolvers and shotguns rarely have silencers, but they can also be made from cloth, metal, duct tape and some minor scraps for improvised ones.

Anything else?

I stand corrected on the illegality aspect, It is a transfer tax for a suppressor to be sold to another individual.

Still that would require either another mod (threaded barrel), multiple version of every suppressed weapon, or have every suppressor come with a threaded barrel... which wouldn't make much sense either...

I thought I already mentioned the caliber specificity of the suppressors but looking back I guess I didn't hit save when I edited it in...

I'll put it on the brainstorming list, but for now it seems awkward to realistically implement.

The improvised ones seem much more plausible to implement.

Can you make the sling mountable on shotguns please? (would msg but im here so might aswell...)

Whoops did I forget all shotguns? I know I intentionally didn't add it to the SO shotguns... I'll look into it when I get a chance. I might not be able to until thursday or Friday

Also I got 2 suggestions one when the special named guns come out maybe they can have a special texture to encourage people to search for them like Fluffes Such Shot Much Kill Spas 12 can have a doge color coat or face who knows lol . and 2 this is more of late in development thing like goes best with 3d models but textures work to wait for it ... Gun Skins/Gun Paint duh duh duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hope these are some good ideas but then again these are just some personal ideas :P

Yeah it would be much more interesting once we get custom 3d models with textures. but to be honest, I don't think with how small the sprites and the inventory icons are, we would be able to get much detail into them besides a recolor from the base model.

If do add special named guns name one Fluffes Such Shot Much Kill Spas 12 lol

Also some more gun suggestions also did research for these ones aka made sure these could be found in the U.S the Hawk 982 12g Shotgun  SR-25 Sniper Rifle CheyTack Intervention .408 Sniper Rifle and finally the Barrett M82 Sniper Rifle

Also P.S when I suggest guns don't be surprised to see a shotgun or two :P

The Hawk 982 is an easy add

The SR-25 I might as well add it but it is basically a longer AR-10... so it would be effectively the same, but higher weight and slightly longer range.

The Chey Tac as much as I love that weapon, the .408 is an expensive and rare round... and there are few weapons besides the intervention that use it. That one is further down on the list for me...

The Barret M82, I am planning on adding some .50 Cal guns but it will be much further down the road...

At some point I will make a list of unique gun requests... maybe when I get closer to that time...

Edit 1: I think it would be good to add mags to the loot tables, instead of stripper clips and speed loaders as magazines, make them mods, barrel replacement, extended barrels, nailgun, g36c maybe. Maybe the starter pack can have a bb pistol and a tin of bbs. 5.56mm are lighter than their boxed versions.

I totally missed your edit here until i was doing a read through for anything I missed.

Mags to loot tables: Yes absolutely I was thinking about that yesterday evening, I just need to figure a way to implement it without them appearing in non hardcore ammo mode

Stripper clips/speed loaders as mods.: That is a good idea but only for non-hardcore mode. I like the idea of having a couple loaded speed loaders for a revolver then have to load single rounds after that. Though, in non hardcore mode it might make more sense to have them as gun mods. Especially since guns that use those tend to have lower amounts of mods.

Extended barrels: Not a bad idea, but there are a lmited number of mod slot in the game code...

G36C - I am hesitant to add this one... I already have the SL8

BB Gun starter pack - I am not sure what you mean, like the player starts with one?

I'll check into the 5.56 rounds

Nail gun - Interesting concept... though all pneumatic nail guns require a compressor which is heavy and loud... and requires a constant power source

Can you make the sling mountable on shotguns please? (would msg but im here so might aswell...)

Whoops did I forget all shotguns? I know I intentionally didn't add it to the SO shotguns... I'll look into it when I get a chance. I might not be able to until thursday or Friday

send the file to me and ill do it...

The most current file in on the link on the main page. I haven't made any adjustments since that one... I haven't had the time.

The most current file in on the link on the main page. I haven't made any adjustments since that one... I haven't had the time.

Nevermind, ive been playing an old version...

Edit 1: I think it would be good to add mags to the loot tables, instead of stripper clips and speed loaders as magazines, make them mods, barrel replacement, extended barrels, nailgun, g36c maybe. Maybe the starter pack can have a bb pistol and a tin of bbs. 5.56mm are lighter than their boxed versions.

I totally missed your edit here until i was doing a read through for anything I missed.

Mags to loot tables: Yes absolutely I was thinking about that yesterday evening, I just need to figure a way to implement it without them appearing in non hardcore ammo mode

Stripper clips/speed loaders as mods.: That is a good idea but only for non-hardcore mode. I like the idea of having a couple loaded speed loaders for a revolver then have to load single rounds after that. Though, in non hardcore mode it might make more sense to have them as gun mods. Especially since guns that use those tend to have lower amounts of mods.

Extended barrels: Not a bad idea, but there are a lmited number of mod slot in the game code...

G36C - I am hesitant to add this one... I already have the SL8

BB Gun starter pack - I am not sure what you mean, like the player starts with one?

I'll check into the 5.56 rounds

Nail gun - Interesting concept... though all pneumatic nail guns require a compressor which is heavy and loud... and requires a constant power source

Mags in the loot table cannot be removed via the option, though they might not show up, I am not sure, but regardless it will fill in the void in gun shops an allow me to load more than 1 mag without finding a whole new gun.

The Strpperclip mod would work fine, it will just make the actual guns reload faster, regardless of mag or not because it speeds up the single round reload if they are internal fed magazines.

The bb gun can be added to the "Starter Kit" that the player starts with if checked. Its not too powerful, but is rather useful for early on.

A lot of ammos are actually lighter than their boxes.

My suggestion

Small pistol rounds - 0.01 - 50 round box - 0.50 box weight

Medium Pistol Rounds - 0.02 - 40 round box - 0.80 box weight

Large Pistol Rounds - 0.03 - 30 round box - 0.90 box weight

Shotgun Shells - 0.05 - 25 round box - 1.25 box weight

Small Rifle Rounds - 0.02 - 40 round box - 0.80 box weight

Medium Rifle Rounds - 0.04 - 20 round box - 0.80 box weight

Large Rifle Rounds - 0.08 - 10 round box - 0.80 box weight

bbs - 0.001 - 250 round tin - 0.25 tin weight

Any way we can have the ability to unload mags? An easy way to implement suppressors is to use a rightclick craft method to combine a threaded barrel and suppressor then it can either be a mod or right click the weapon and combine them to make a new weapon. Also could be a seperate version of a gun with a threaded barrel and the suppressor would be a mod, the threaded barrel could be found and added to a gun as well to make the new version. Bayonet that allows melee versions of a gun using right click menus? Carbon fiber and aluminum parts for lighter weapons? Right click firing modes? Using the method you already have to use different ammo with current guns maybe specific ammo like depleted uranium, slugs, hollow points, Frictional thermite tips, etc? Different weapon grades like broken, damaged, worn, used, new? I love adding onto your work load, hope you dont mind.

Mags in the loot table cannot be removed via the option, though they might not show up, I am not sure, but regardless it will fill in the void in gun shops an allow me to load more than 1 mag without finding a whole new gun.

The Strpperclip mod would work fine, it will just make the actual guns reload faster, regardless of mag or not because it speeds up the single round reload if they are internal fed magazines.

The bb gun can be added to the "Starter Kit" that the player starts with if checked. Its not too powerful, but is rather useful for early on.

A lot of ammos are actually lighter than their boxes.

My suggestion

Small pistol rounds - 0.01 - 50 round box - 0.50 box weight

Medium Pistol Rounds - 0.02 - 40 round box - 0.80 box weight

Large Pistol Rounds - 0.03 - 30 round box - 0.90 box weight

Shotgun Shells - 0.05 - 25 round box - 1.25 box weight

Small Rifle Rounds - 0.02 - 40 round box - 0.80 box weight

Medium Rifle Rounds - 0.04 - 20 round box - 0.80 box weight

Large Rifle Rounds - 0.08 - 10 round box - 0.80 box weight

bbs - 0.001 - 250 round tin - 0.25 tin weight

Any way we can have the ability to unload mags? An easy way to implement suppressors is to use a rightclick craft method to combine a threaded barrel and suppressor then it can either be a mod or right click the weapon and combine them to make a new weapon. Also could be a seperate version of a gun with a threaded barrel and the suppressor would be a mod, the threaded barrel could be found and added to a gun as well to make the new version. Bayonet that allows melee versions of a gun using right click menus? Carbon fiber and aluminum parts for lighter weapons? Right click firing modes? Using the method you already have to use different ammo with current guns maybe specific ammo like depleted uranium, slugs, hollow points, Frictional thermite tips, etc? Different weapon grades like broken, damaged, worn, used, new? I love adding onto your work load, hope you dont mind.

There has to be a way to test for the hardcore option or the would not have the option of ejecting the mag to reload it.

Ugh the starter kit would require me to add a ui check box to the start game menu... blah....Ui stuff is not as fun to code...

I'll look into the ammo weights, I based them off the real life kgs and I thought I multiplied them by the # of rounds but I may have miscalculated or gotten lazy...

The unload mag would be useful. I'll put that on the list.

Suppressors: that would require me to add a bunch of extra versions of the gun with suppressors? maybe at some point.

Carbon fiber and aluminum parts would be an interesting add but there is currently not a good mod slot for it...

Bayonets would be an awesome mechanic to add, though that will be a bit down the line, once I figure out  code for the right click conversion menu only to appear if you have the bayonet readied, then to retain any other mods you might have with the conversion... that will take a bit of experimenting.

Ammo: the ammo would have to wait until I code in the usage of different mags/ammo types per weapon.

The firing modes would be more difficult I would either have to have different guns with the different modes OR apply it as a mod... which might also be tricky.

Weapon grades would also be interesting to implement but that would be similar to the firing modes above AND I would have to figure out something for reliability and jamming.failures...

You, sir, are a slave driver... can I just finish the other stuff first please?

There has to be a way to test for the hardcore option or the would not have the option of ejecting the mag to reload it.

Ugh the starter kit would require me to add a ui check box to the start game menu... blah....Ui stuff is not as fun to code...

I'll look into the ammo weights, I based them off the real life kgs and I thought I multiplied them by the # of rounds but I may have miscalculated or gotten lazy...

Suppressors: that would require me to add a bunch of extra versions of the gun with suppressors? maybe at some point.

Carbon fiber and aluminum parts would be an interesting add but there is currently not a good mod slot for it...

Bayonets would be an awesome mechanic to add, though that will be a bit down the line, once I figure out  code for the right click conversion menu only to appear if you have the bayonet readied, then to retain any other mods you might have with the conversion... that will take a bit of experimenting.

Ammo: the ammo would have to wait until I code in the usage of different mags/ammo types per weapon.

The firing modes would be more difficult I would either have to have different guns with the different modes OR apply it as a mod... which might also be tricky.

Weapon grades would also be interesting to implement but that would be similar to the firing modes above AND I would have to figure out something for reliability and jamming.failures...

How else will I keep your mind working and a few thousand hours of work piled up make you never bored, heh, dont want you to get sad.

How else will I keep your mind working and a few thousand hours of work piled up make you never bored, heh, dont want you to get sad.

Well, you are certainly doing a fantastic job of it. I have my work cut out for me with this mod...

This is a suggestion that I have no idea if it is possible but is really cool how about the ability for certain guns to overheat when fired to much this would be a cool realism thing or maby guns being able to break down in general?  

There is already a gun condition mechanic wherein the gun will deteriorate over time if not repaired or maintained (for which I provided items to do so).

Overheating is an interesting concept (and makes my EC, realism wanting mind smile). The process of implementing such a thing is not simple though.

First, I would have to create a script that holds a value for current gun heat.

Then a hook that every shot increases gun heat by x amount (which would most likely be defined in the ammo entry.

Then I would have to establish heat malfunction levels in each gun entry so that different levels of heat provide different compounding negative effects like decreased accuracy, jamming (which needs to be implemented itself) and faster deterioration.

However, I want to make sure the heat is tie to only the gun  that was fired (E.G. I put away my overheated beretta, I don't want my backup Walther P22 to also be overheated for no reason.)

At the same time we cant just remove the heat altogether when the gun is put away or that would lead to exploitation (advertently or inadvertently).

That would require me to tie each heat value to its unique in game ID, which when you get into late game with LOADS of guns. That would really hamper the processing speed of the game, especially on lower end computers, when you think of a heartbeat script running for each gun with a unique ID encountered in the game.

Someone may think of a better less draining way to code it that is more plausible... but for now... as much as I want it I don't think it feasible.

Another suggestion that I just thought of how about full metal jacket bullets

*Points to post #138 & #139*

Multiple ammo types will have to wait until after I get the multiple mags/ammo per gun mechanic up and running, both of which are on the schedule.

So, it's coming, along with a plethora of other ammo types if I have my way (HP, SWC, Slugs, AET, Glaser, etc.)

Though, as a minor point, most rifle rounds are already FMJ in the current game (and most other games), they just aren't notated as such. FMJ is ususally the assumed base ammo for rifles and the "ball" ammunition is usualy the substandard version of said ammo. Whereas for pistols the default ammo is usually "ball" ammunition.

There's always going to be people with bad computers lol

Tell me about it, lol

Sorry if im suggesting to much but how about a random chance for a gun to jam which the chances of jamming could increase the worst condition the gun is may even have a chance of damaging itself.

That is an intended mechanic for me to work on. I didn't specifically notate jamming but I menatlly put it under weapon starting condition/reliability.