ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

I made it work, and i hope you can chuckle about this;

I went in and tried it out, and as you said it the files error'd out. So I cross checked it with another item mod and found out one difference;

The folders "scripts" "sounds" "textures" had their beginning letter capitalized in your mod and the other one didn't have it captialized, so I changed the letters to non-capitalized and woopti, i could spawn the beretta and the ammo.

Will look around in the world now to see if i can find item spawns and such, but I haven't seen any errors so far. :P

It's always the small things, 'eh?

Edit: Heads up, getting sound errors for firing.

Edit 2: Fixed it by throwing in a different sound file with the file extension .ogg, doesn't seem to like .wav extension.

Edit 3: Converted the .wav to .oggs, will continue my epic adventures. :P I used the MediaHuman Audio Converter. Seems to work fine so far.

Edit 4: Getting some errors in ORGMAmmo with the "Boxed" versions of ammo that "x rounds" is not a valid parameter, i'll try change the text tomorrow. I've also experienced the Beretta 92 were not running out of ammo. I tried this with easy & Hardcore settings now. Might be something needing changed inside the ORGMReloadUtil. Will check this out tomorrow as well. :)

Good night y'all.

I went in and tried it out, and as you said it the files error'd out. So I cross checked it with another item mod and found out one difference;

The folders "scripts" "sounds" "textures" had their beginning letter capitalized in your mod and the other one didn't have it captialized, so I changed the letters to non-capitalized and woopti, i could spawn the beretta and the ammo.

Will look around in the world now to see if i can find item spawns and such, but I haven't seen any errors so far. :P

Edit 2: Fixed it by throwing in a different sound file with the file extension .ogg, doesn't seem to like .wav extension.

Edit 3: Converted the .wav to .oggs, will continue my epic adventures. :P

*Major face palm*

That is amazing, great work! It would have taken me an inordinate amount of time to figure that one out.

Can you do me a favor and send me the sound files converted to .ogg? I need to get some better sound files eventually anyway... but... yeah.

Or is it as easy as changing the file extension (I am sure it isn't)

Ive also had a problem with the distribution not finding the base game suburbdistributions script, could you have a look at that pls?

*Major face palm*

That is amazing, great work! It would have taken me an inordinate amount of time to figure that one out.

Can you do me a favor and send me the sound files converted to .ogg? I need to get some better sound files eventually anyway... but... yeah.

Ya, sure I can do this. :) 2 sec. Edited the post with some more stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/bdtacd4nvlv760v/sound.zip <- that be the sound files converted to .ogg

*Major face palm*

NM I found a converter... I will look into the other errors

*Major face palm*

NM I found a converter... I will look into the other errors

You beat me to it, arrr! :P

Mosin Nagant, most popular cheapest rifle you can buy on the civilian market.

If you are suggesting it, it is already on the list, if you are simply stating fact, I totally agree. Cheap gun, not so cheap ammo (any more from what I gather)

Also, I can't seem to figure my current issue out... so I am taking a break. I will return to it tomorrow after I let my brain rest...

If anyone else wants to take a go at why it isn't working...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7k4nzm9msjap2q/ORGM.zip

Whoops, I must have missed it on the list of to add. Well I'll see if I can come up with any guns that would be good to add, both military and civilian.

Mosin Nagant, most popular cheapest rifle you can buy on the civilian market.

If you are suggesting it, it is already on the list, if you are simply stating fact, I totally agree. Cheap gun, not so cheap ammo (any more from what I gather)

Also, I can't seem to figure my current issue out... so I am taking a break. I will return to it tomorrow after I let my brain rest...

If anyone else wants to take a go at why it isn't working...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m7k4nzm9msjap2q/ORGM.zip

Whoops, I must have missed it on the list of to add. Well I'll see if I can come up with any guns that would be good to add, both military and civilian.

I look forward to it.

As an update, I have figured out what was causing the gun not to lose ammo (and subsequently not be able to reload) I am fixing it now but will probably finish it tomorrow as it is getting a bit late in my timezone. I will post an updated version with new guns added as well (already added the thompson and the american 180)

Why no M249(5.56mm Nato), Browning M2(.50 BMG), M60(7.62mm Nato), M107A1(.50 BMG), Scar-H(7.62mm Nato), M14 DMR(7.62mm Nato). You could also add gun parts to construct your gun from or break down into, maybe for repairs

Also note the some guns that use similar rounds, like .223/5.56mm or .308/7.62mm cant properly eject the interchangable round and some cant fire the other round without blowing the barrel. 5.56mm rounds are more powerful and have higher pressure then .223, same goes for 7.62mm and .308. Prime examples are M4A1 and M16A4 are based on the 5.56mm, not .223, using .223 can jam the gun or prevent it from loading the next round but AR15s while not too different, can actually be damaged or have its barrel explode do to pressure from a 5.56mm. Bolt action 7.62mm will only see reduced performance for using .308 rounds, but .308 guns might suffer damage from extended use with 7.62mm, though is considered mostly safe.

In summury

.223 is a civilain cartrige with lower pressure and may not funtion for military weapons

5.56mm is a Military cartirge with higher pressure which can blow up or damage a .223 barrel

.308 is a civilain cartrige with lower pressure, though not much different, can still cause issues

7.62mm is a military cartrige with higher pressure, though not much different, it can damage .308 barrels

Why no M249(5.56mm Nato), Browning M2(.50 BMG), M60(7.62mm Nato), M107A1(.50 BMG), Scar-H(7.62mm Nato), M14 DMR(7.62mm Nato). You could also add gun parts to construct your gun from or break down into, maybe for repairs

Also note the some guns that use similar rounds, like .223/5.56mm or .308/7.62mm cant properly eject the interchangable round and some cant fire the other round without blowing the barrel. 5.56mm rounds are more powerful and have higher pressure then .223, same goes for 7.62mm and .308. Prime examples are M4A1 and M16A4 are based on the 5.56mm, not .223, using .223 can jam the gun or prevent it from loading the next round but AR15s while not too different, can actually be damaged or have its barrel explode do to pressure from a 5.56mm. Bolt action 7.62mm will only see reduced performance for using .308 rounds, but .308 guns might suffer damage from extended use with 7.62mm, though is considered mostly safe.

In summury

.223 is a civilain cartrige with lower pressure and may not funtion for military weapons

5.56mm is a Military cartirge with higher pressure which can blow up or damage a .223 barrel

.308 is a civilain cartrige with lower pressure, though not much different, can still cause issues

7.62mm is a military cartrige with higher pressure, though not much different, it can damage .308 barrels

Any LMG is a bit too overkill for any zombie apocalypse, thats why there isnt any in there yet...

Don't forget the Stevens 320 Pump :P

Whoops, now on the list :)

Any LMG is a bit too overkill for any zombie apocalypse, thats why there isnt any in there yet...

Exactly the reason! Also, there is not a mechanic in the game for fullauto (and thus variations in fire rate), second those guns are too cumbersome to be useful in the context. Sure you could lug around an M249, but it would take up a lot of your carry weight., but you certainly could not lug around a Browning M2 (let alone hold it with the recoil). Also, there is not a mechanic for emplacement guns (as cool as that would be), which is the only way that the M2/M60/M107a1 would be useful.

In summury

To address the other non LMG/MG points:

SCAR-H - IT is fairly rarely used by the military under the MK-16. Although, interesting point, the border patrol special response units and the Richland county (SC) sheriff's office use it as well. I might add it at some point.

M14 - I am not adding this one because I already have the M21 which is the semi-auto sniper rifle variant of the M14.

Parts Breakdown - Interesting concept, I might do that, though knowing what parts you could strip from one gun and put on another would take some gun maintenance skill so it would be restricted to higher levels of the skill.

Similar rounds - Yes, I am aware of round interchangeability. For example, I should be able to put .38 into my .357 guns and eventually (once I add it) .45 Colt into my .454 Casull guns. Unfortunately, there is currently not a code to allow for multiple ammo sources for a single weapon. especially when a change of ammo will change the stats or reliability of the gun. It is something I plan on working on (or at least trying to) at a later date, along with speedloaders/stripper clips and multiple clip types and sizes per gun.

For mow I am going to keep them interchangeable and under one ammo until I get to that point. You are absolutely correct, though. I should, as a point of making it more realistic split up the .223 and 5.56 weapons and separate the ammo and split the .308/7.62x51 weapons...

It would be awesome if each gun had its model, but man its going to be difficult, thanks for the mod, waiting with patience for it.

Is each gun going to have a different sounds?

Each gun has a different sound according to caliber, so  .308s sound the same and .45ACPs sound the same...

Don't forget the Stevens 320 Pump :P

Whoops, now on the list :)

Exactly the reason! Also, there is not a mechanic in the game for fullauto (and thus variations in fire rate), second those guns are too cumbersome to be useful in the context. Sure you could lug around an M249, but it would take up a lot of your carry weight., but you certainly could not lug around a Browning M2 (let alone hold it with the recoil). Also, there is not a mechanic for emplacement guns (as cool as that would be), which is the only way that the M2/M60/M107a1 would be useful.

In summury

To address the other non LMG/MG points:

SCAR-H - IT is fairly rarely used by the military under the MK-16. Although, interesting point, the border patrol special response units and the Richland county (SC) sheriff's office use it as well. I might add it at some point.

M14 - I am not adding this one because I already have the M21 which is the semi-auto sniper rifle variant of the M14.

Parts Breakdown - Interesting concept, I might do that, though knowing what parts you could strip from one gun and put on another would take some gun maintenance skill so it would be restricted to higher levels of the skill.

Similar rounds - Yes, I am aware of round interchangeability. For example, I should be able to put .38 into my .357 guns and eventually (once I add it) .45 Colt into my .454 Casull guns. Unfortunately, there is currently not a code to allow for multiple ammo sources for a single weapon. especially when a change of ammo will change the stats or reliability of the gun. It is something I plan on working on (or at least trying to) at a later date, along with speedloaders/stripper clips and multiple clip types and sizes per gun.

For mow I am going to keep them interchangeable and under one ammo until I get to that point. You are absolutely correct, though. I should, as a point of making it more realistic split up the .223 and 5.56 weapons and separate the ammo and split the .308/7.62x51 weapons...

M249, Browning M2(The tripod mounted version can be used and moved by a single person, though it still weighs 130 pounds), M60, M107A1(An anti material rifle and it can be fired by 1 person, trust me.)  are all standard issue military  weapons and should be  available even if they are rare, the fire rate can be lowered to act as a rapid fire weapon and attachments can be limited as well as weight being an issue and excessive ammo use/waste is common, they are not accurate when sprayed. The rile is to add another .50BMG weapon and it is extremely accurate, loud, heavy(For a rifle), and rare.

Also Why not add a .44 IMI Desert Eagle? you already have the ammo type, why not a 8 round mag pistol to go with it instead of only revolvers? They are not that rare.

MinimumSwingTime

RecoilDelay

are the 2 you want to look at.

M249, Browning M2, M60, M107A1(An anti material rifle and it can be fired by 1 person, trust me.)  are all standard issue military  weapons and should be  available even if they are rare, the fire rate can be lowered to act as a rapid fire weapon and attachments can be limited as well as weight being an issue and excessive ammo use/waste is common, they are not accurate when sprayed. The rile is to add another .50BMG weapon and it is extremely accurate, loud, heavy(For a rifle), and rare.

Also Why not add a .44 IMI Desert Eagle? you already have the ammo type, why not a 8 round mag pistol to go with it instead of only revolvers? They are not that rare.

MinimumSwingTime

RecoilDelay

are the 2 you want to look at.

I might add those more hardcore military hardware later... but for now, I want to avoid them. I don't see an issue with adding the Desert Eagle though.

Getting an error with BB Pistol, sound related: couldn't find Hit.ogg. Only weapon so far. :P

Are you a wizard?

Obviously he is.

Getting an error with BB Pistol, sound related: couldn't find Hit.ogg. Only weapon so far. :P

I'll check it out, I have made some other fixes, added more guns but I got set back from a power outage. Hopefully I'll make some time up this evening.

Each gun has a different sound according to caliber, so  .308s sound the same and .45ACPs sound the same...

Absolutely correct one sound per gun would get cumbersome.

M2 common myth - It cant be fired from the hip.

Truth - It can be if you use a barrel sling, the recoil might break your hand if your not careful though and it will throw you to the floor on full auto, but for single shots(Yes they do have a semi-auto mode), they can be fired in a general direction and if mounted can be a sniper out to 2000 yards with decent accuracy.

All you would need to do is add a mode to switch the tripod on or off, where it cant be fired without tripod, it will double the weight of the gun, making players slow.(Weight in this game is more of a concept of how large the item is, not how heavy.)

Truth - It can be if you use a barrel sling, the recoil might break your hand if your not careful though and it will throw you to the floor on full auto, but for single shots(Yes they do have a semi-auto mode), they can be fired in a general direction and if mounted can be a sniper out to 2000 yards with decent accuracy.

All you would need to do is add a mode to switch the tripod on or off, where it cant be fired without tripod, it will double the weight of the gun, making players slow.(Weight in this game is more of a concept of how large the item is, not how heavy.)

So insistent... 

I haven't ruled them out, I just haven't added them to the list yet... Let me get to the other more pressing issues first.

So insistent... 

I haven't ruled them out, I just haven't added them to the list yet... Let me get to the other more pressing issues first.

Wasnt meaning to be insistent, just saying that for future reference that you could build deployable weapons, and saying if you did make things like that, a barrel sling could be needed, just tossing out ideas right now.

So insistent... 

Wasnt meaning to be insistent, just saying that for future reference that you could build deployable weapons, and saying if you did make things like that, a barrel sling could be needed, just tossing out ideas right now.

Fair point, It would be an interesting mechanic to add. Many guns could use a tri/bi pod, like sniper rifles.