ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Ah well the devel version of my ReloadUtil is currently just over 2600.  Replacing stats instead of conversions is what I'm aiming for as well. As for the various weapon classes I've done away with the whole AutoMF/ManualIMNCSL/etc classes and merged them into 1.  In the ReloadUtil guns are defined by slide type (bolt, auto, pump, rotary etc), action type (double action, single action, or both) and generic weapon type (rifle, smg, revolver, etc).  The new weapon class code aims handle each weapon type in a realistic logic flow:

For example a M1911 single action semi-auto pistol:
    player inserts magazine
    player racks slide:
        slide opens, chamber is emptied
        hammer cocks
        slide closes, new round is chambered
    player presses trigger
        hammer releases, gun fires
        slide opens, hammer cocks, empty shell ejected
        slide closes, new round chambered

A double action revolver:
    player pulls trigger
        hammer cocks, cylinder rotates (cocking the hammer on a revolver rotates the cylinder BEFORE the shot is fired)
        hammer releases. gun fires

Either way the new class decides on what actions happens based on the slide and action type.

Spoiler

function ISORGMWeapon:fireShot(weapon, difficulty)
    if self.actionType == "DoubleAction" and self.hammerCocked ~= 1 then
        self:cockHammer()  -- chamber rotates here for revolvers
    end

if self.slideType == "Auto" then
        self:releaseHammer()
        --fire shot
        self.roundChambered = 0
        self.emptyShellChambered = 1
        self:openSlide() -- emtpy shell ejected here
        self:cockHammer() -- TODO: need to check here if single action or 'both', DA-only dont cock after a shot
        self:closeSlide() -- chambers next shot

elseif self.slideType == "Rotary" then
        -- fire shot
        self.chamberData[self.currentChamber] = 0 -- set to a empty shell, empty chambers use nil

else -- bolt, lever, break and pump actions
        -- fire shot
        self.currentCapacity = self.currentCapacity - 1
        self.emptyShellChambered = self.emptyShellChambered + 1    
    end

self:syncReloadableToItem(weapon)
end

3 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Hah don't be scared, it will be a lot of legwork to make it work for everything and it will take your life away, but it is fun ;) . If you cap out ORGMUtil2 just make ORGMUtil3 and so on... or find a way to condense the lines like Fenris says.

I'm assuming if I make a Util3 (and possibly longer), I'll need to add in some section to get the mod to read that file somewhere. I'm out and about so I'll take a look later.

Its been a while but one of the conversions should be for ammo type, the other for action type (E.g. semi vs. full). There is a much better way than i did and it involves editing the stats of the weapon instead of replacing it. It has now been a while since I looked at it but it is easy to figure out how to do.

I was going to just take it the way it is - if that's how it worked, that's how I'll have it work.

As for the weight, it is a bit confusing. In PZ the "weight" is not actual weight but more like... encumberance? So the gun hanging in your bag is more encumbering than in your hand I guess...

So Weight is how encumbering it is stowed and Weapon Weight is how encumbering it is equipped. Makes sense, though likely I'll just put them both the same, make up a "first run" version and see how it feels, then fine tune stats as required.

I am currently working through the current stats for weapons and trying to create some sort of arbitrary statistical basis to properly balance (or rebalance) all weapons by - the stats before worked well but I expect that they'd be less ideal when the number of weapons is quadrupled and the weapons need to be more tuned to be unique - there are for example a lot more calibers of ammunition so .22s are no longer the only really small pistols etc.

As for what Fenris is doing, I'm not messing with the way code works - what I'll do is finish my spreadsheet of stats for weapons, ammos etc. and put it up here, so it can be used by whoever wants just a long list of guns, and then fill out the mod in it's current form - can't hurt to have them both, and if anything it gives me something to waste away days on. :P

I do like the sound of that logical order way though.

If you want me to add columns in it with slide types and whatnot, stick up a list of classes you use so I can use the right terms.

I do know that the fire rate on weapons is the SwingTime - I did find that at swing time set to 1, automatic weapons fire at about 3 rounds per second. Seems a bit odd but hey, whatever.

A real life interesting thing I also found is that shotguns are quieter than some handguns, decibel wise.

Edited by TOShok

5 hours ago, TOShok said:

I'm assuming if I make a Util3 (and possibly longer), I'll need to add in some section to get the mod to read that file somewhere. I'm out and about so I'll take a look later.

I was going to just take it the way it is - if that's how it worked, that's how I'll have it work.

So Weight is how encumbering it is stowed and Weapon Weight is how encumbering it is equipped. Makes sense, though likely I'll just put them both the same, make up a "first run" version and see how it feels, then fine tune stats as required.

I am currently working through the current stats for weapons and trying to create some sort of arbitrary statistical basis to properly balance (or rebalance) all weapons by - the stats before worked well but I expect that they'd be less ideal when the number of weapons is quadrupled and the weapons need to be more tuned to be unique - there are for example a lot more calibers of ammunition so .22s are no longer the only really small pistols etc.

As for what Fenris is doing, I'm not messing with the way code works - what I'll do is finish my spreadsheet of stats for weapons, ammos etc. and put it up here, so it can be used by whoever wants just a long list of guns, and then fill out the mod in it's current form - can't hurt to have them both, and if anything it gives me something to waste away days on. :P

If you want me to add columns in it with slide types and whatnot, stick up a list of classes you use so I can use the right terms.

I do know that the fire rate on weapons is the SwingTime - I did find that at swing time set to 1, automatic weapons fire at about 3 rounds per second. Seems a bit odd but hey, whatever.

A real life interesting thing I also found is that shotguns are quieter than some handguns, decibel wise.

Fair enough!

The actual fire rate is affected by 3 different variables. 1 is about semi-auto. Yeah... It's been a while since I looked but the other two are toward the bottom of the entry

9 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Fair enough!

The actual fire rate is affected by 3 different variables. 1 is about semi-auto. Yeah... It's been a while since I looked but the other two are toward the bottom of the entry

Swing Time mostly seems to be set currently to either below 0.5 for automatics or somewhere around 0.7 for semi autos.

Recoil Delay seems to be set to 1 for automatics, and 12 for semi autos.

Other than those two I didn't notice any on a very brief sweepthrough of the SMGs and Rifles txts, but it was only a very quick look.

19 hours ago, TOShok said:

Thats kinda the opposite of what I'm doing.  I'm leaving the weapon list mostly untouched, my goal is only to rewrite the code into a more maintainable version for the next person in line to pickup the torch. Going back to the ReloadUtil files, the amount of work it takes to enter new guns into them is quite abit.  Not just the data entry, but double checking everything to ensure errors/typos don't creep in.

The new ReloadUtil looks more like this:

Spoiler

At the top of the file a table of 'gun profiles' exists, containing mostly action and slide types, and basic sound profiles.

local GunTypes = {
    ["Revolver-SA"] = {
        actionType = "SingleAction",
        weaponType = "Revolver",
        slideType = "Rotary",
        rackSound = "ORGMRevolverCock",
        clickSound = "ORGMRevolverEmpty",
        insertSound = "ORGMMagLoad",
        openSound = "ORGMRevolverOpen",
        closeSound = "ORGMRevolverClose",
        cockSound = "ORGMRevolverCock"
    },
    ["Revolver-DA"] = {
        actionType = "DoubleAction",
        weaponType = "Revolver",
        slideType = "Rotary",
    },
    -- list continues ....
}

Using the profile table, and the final code that finishes off each gun's data and calls ReloadUtil:addWeaponType, actually defining new weapons into ReloadUtil is as simple as:

ORGMMasterWeaponTable = {
    ["ColtAnac"] = {
        type = "Revolver-DA",
        data = {
            speedLoader = 'SpeedLoader446',
            ammoType = '44Rounds',
            shootSound = 'ORGMColtAnac',
        },
    },
    ["ColtPyth"] = {
        type = "Revolver-DA",
        data = {
            speedLoader = 'SpeedLoader3576',
            ammoType = '357Rounds',
            shootSound = 'ORGMColtPyth',
        },
        conv = {text = ".38 Special", result = "ColtPyth38" },
    },
    ["ColtPyth38"] = {
        type = "Revolver-DA",
        data = {
            speedLoader = 'SpeedLoader386',
            ammoType = '38Rounds',
            shootSound = 'ORGMColtPyth38',
        },
        conv = {text = ".357 Magnum", result = "ColtPyth" },
    },
    -- list continues .....
}

MUCH easier to maintain, add new weapons, and error check.

The action and slide types I've outline so far include:

actionType:  SingleAction (SA), DoubleAction (DA), DoubleActionOnly (DAO, hammer is ALWAYS at rest until trigger is pulled)

slideType: Auto, Lever, Pump, Bolt, Break, Rotary

If I've forgotten a possible type (however obscure!) please let me know.

The weaponType at this point is mostly irreverent (Revolver, Pistol, SMG, Rifle, Shotgun, LMG) as its not actually used anywhere in the code (for now) but may come in handy later.

1 hour ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Thats kinda the opposite of what I'm doing.  I'm leaving the weapon list mostly untouched, my goal is only to rewrite the code into a more maintainable version for the next person in line to pickup the torch. Going back to the ReloadUtil files, the amount of work it takes to enter new guns into them is quite abit.  Not just the data entry, but double checking everything to ensure errors/typos don't creep in.

The new ReloadUtil looks more like this:

Hide contents

At the top of the file a table of 'gun profiles' exists, containing mostly action and slide types, and basic sound profiles.

local GunTypes = {
    ["Revolver-SA"] = {
        actionType = "SingleAction",
        weaponType = "Revolver",
        slideType = "Rotary",
    },
    ["Revolver-DA"] = {
        actionType = "DoubleAction",
        weaponType = "Revolver",
        slideType = "Rotary",
    },
    -- list continues ....
}

Using the profile table, and the final code that finishes off each gun's data and calls ReloadUtil:addWeaponType, actually defining new weapons into ReloadUtil is as simple as:

ORGMMasterWeaponTable = {
    ["ColtAnac"] = {
        type = "Revolver-DA",
        data = {
            speedLoader = 'SpeedLoader446',
            ammoType = '44Rounds',
            shootSound = 'ORGMColtAnac',
        },
    },
    ["ColtPyth"] = {
        type = "Revolver-DA",
        data = {
            speedLoader = 'SpeedLoader3576',
            ammoType = '357Rounds',
            shootSound = 'ORGMColtPyth',
        },
        conv = {text = ".38 Special", result = "ColtPyth38" },
    },
    ["ColtPyth38"] = {
        type = "Revolver-DA",
        data = {
            speedLoader = 'SpeedLoader386',
            ammoType = '38Rounds',
            shootSound = 'ORGMColtPyth38',
        },
        conv = {text = ".357 Magnum", result = "ColtPyth" },
    },
    -- list continues .....
}

MUCH easier to maintain, add new weapons, and error check.

The action and slide types I've outline so far include:

actionType:  SingleAction (SA), DoubleAction (DA), DoubleActionOnly (DAO, hammer is ALWAYS at rest until trigger is pulled)

slideType: Auto, Lever, Pump, Bolt, Break, Rotary

If I've forgotten a possible type (however obscure!) please let me know.

The weaponType at this point is mostly irreverent (Revolver, Pistol, SMG, Rifle, Shotgun, LMG) as its not actually used anywhere in the code (for now) but may come in handy later.

Okay, as I go through the weapons I'll put next to each what they should be in regards to actionType and slideType.

If the weapons will work considerably differently, will weapons be using different sets of stats to make them work, or are the values otherwise pretty much the same? (for example, currently I'm looking to plot out what sort of SwingTime numbers will be needed, what SoundVolume should be, etc.)

If yours are going to use different values, I may as well also put those sorts of things on here too, so that the other weapons to be added can be added to yours later. (if you want them to be)

Also, it might be useful for reference to keep the weaponType on the spreadsheet, just because for example there are break-action rifles, shotguns and if I recall, there's a break-action pistol too (and derringers would fall under break action pistols I suppose) - having it on there helps to remember what exactly they are if the name isn't enough.

Edited by TOShok

12 minutes ago, TOShok said:

If the weapons will work considerably differently, will weapons be using different sets of stats to make them work, or are the values otherwise pretty much the same?

Didn't really have any plans on changing the stats except for possible bug fixes. The only ones I've found and fixed so far are listed here:

Spoiler

* ORGMMods.txt: 
    SA80SA223 listed as SA80223SA in multiple mods
    HK91762 listed as KH91762 in multiple mods
    Missing ; between HKSL8556 and AIAW308 in multiple mods
    x2 Scope listed as 'WeaponMod' not 'WeaponPart', removed 'MountType = SD'
    x4 Scope had SR-25 not SR25
    Multiple mods missing slug variants of shotguns

* ORGMPistols.txt: 
    BreakSound missing from RugerMKII and WaltherP22

* ORGMSMGS.txt: 
    BreakSound missing from AM180, FNP90, HKMP5, HKUMP, Kriss, KTPLR, M1A1

* ORGMRifles.txt: 
    item AR10308SA should be AR10SA308 (as listed in ReloadUtil.lua scripts, and following previous defined naming conventions)
    item SA80223SA should be SA80SA223
    All rifles missing BreakSound

* ORGMRepair.txt:
    Added missing guns: Glock20, HKMK23, WaltherPPK, ColtAnac, FNP90, Garand, 
    RugAlas45C required RugAlas
    HKG3SA308 required HKG3SA
    R25762 required SR25308
    BenelliXM1014 and BenelliXM1014Sl required BenelliM1014 and BenelliM1014Sl (missing the X)
    M1216 and M1216Sl listed as M1213

Once I finish off the lua code I was going to write a script to parse all the weapon .txt files to find any additional errors in the current set.

20 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Didn't really have any plans on changing the stats except for possible bug fixes. The only ones I've found and fixed so far are listed here:

Hide contents

* ORGMMods.txt: 
    SA80SA223 listed as SA80223SA in multiple mods
    HK91762 listed as KH91762 in multiple mods
    Missing ; between HKSL8556 and AIAW308 in multiple mods
    x2 Scope listed as 'WeaponMod' not 'WeaponPart', removed 'MountType = SD'
    x4 Scope had SR-25 not SR25
    Multiple mods missing slug variants of shotguns

* ORGMPistols.txt: 
    BreakSound missing from RugerMKII and WaltherP22

* ORGMSMGS.txt: 
    BreakSound missing from AM180, FNP90, HKMP5, HKUMP, Kriss, KTPLR, M1A1

* ORGMRifles.txt: 
    item AR10308SA should be AR10SA308 (as listed in ReloadUtil.lua scripts, and following previous defined naming conventions)
    item SA80223SA should be SA80SA223
    All rifles missing BreakSound

* ORGMRepair.txt:
    Added missing guns: Glock20, HKMK23, WaltherPPK, ColtAnac, FNP90, Garand, 
    RugAlas45C required RugAlas
    HKG3SA308 required HKG3SA
    R25762 required SR25308
    BenelliXM1014 and BenelliXM1014Sl required BenelliM1014 and BenelliM1014Sl (missing the X)
    M1216 and M1216Sl listed as M1213

Once I finish off the lua code I was going to write a script to parse all the weapon .txt files to find any additional errors in the current set.

In that case I'll keep everything else as is, and when you've got what you want to do how you want it, I'll pick it up and add the rest into yours, taking what you've got already as templates. I can't remember if it was just me, but I think the FSL LSR is in Rifles.txt as FNFAL, then the actual FAL below is FNFALSA and FNFALA or something like that.

Edited by TOShok

It's awesome to see the community coming together to make mine and many others favourite mod endure. Looks like it will soon be time to update the wiki! (I'm surprised it still exists, if anyone does want editing permissions on it give me a shout.)

Edited by Khaos

Update on what I've got done so far and whats planned since there's been alot of progress in the last week.

I've almost got a fully working prototype of the new code finished now...revolvers and break barrels still need to be handled, and the distributions file needs another work over (the current one I'm using I wrote several months ago to work with the old code base).

Most importantly, I've made sure all the new code is documented and heavily commented for future maintainers or people who want to mess with it.

Guns now have right click context menus for things like opening the slide/bolt, safely releasing or cocking the hammer etc. 

Magazines and stripper clips have been separated for guns that use both (like the Lee Enfield No4), if the currently loaded mag is empty, and a full stripper clip is available it will use that for reloading when the button is pressed instead of ejecting the mag.

It looks like it should be easy enough to enable multiple ammo types for guns and mags (like 5.56 and .223) without having to define multiple guns in the files and having to right click on the gun to switch ammo type, but will require more rewriting of the weapon class and keeping track of what rounds are loaded in specific positions the magazines. 

In theory each gun would start to load its preferred ammo until the player runs out then load from its alternate ammo list.  This would also allow mixed loads of things like HP/ball ammo or buck/slugs.  However, this might require setting a default damage value per caliber (from a optimal barrel length) modified by the current weapons barrel length as it would have to change the item damage value (and other stats) on the fly as a new round is chambered.

As cool as this is, I'm unsure if this is a good idea, for performance on chambering and reloading, I'll start testing this after the rest is fully working back to 100%

The same system would easily work with expanded capacity magazines allowing for multiple magazine types for a gun and auto selecting the best without player having to 'convert'.

I may add empty shells (for the possibility of reloading) at a later date, at least the code for ejecting the shells when the action is cycled is in place but currently commented out.

I'm currently in the process finishing the revolver code and setting up the select fire semi/full auto context menu to edit the stats instead of defining multiple guns using different fire modes so hopefully I should have a prototype uploaded to github soon.

7 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Guns now have right click context menus for things like opening the slide/bolt, safely releasing or cocking the hammer etc. 

Magazines and stripper clips have been separated for guns that use both (like the Lee Enfield No4), if the currently loaded mag is empty, and a full stripper clip is available it will use that for reloading when the button is pressed instead of ejecting the mag.

All I can think when reading this is "ooooo nice fancy things". :P

It looks like it should be easy enough to enable multiple ammo types for guns and mags (like 5.56 and .223) without having to define multiple guns in the files and having to right click on the gun to switch ammo type, but will require more rewriting of the weapon class and keeping track of what rounds are loaded in specific positions the magazines. 

In theory each gun would start to load its preferred ammo until the player runs out then load from its alternate ammo list.  This would also allow mixed loads...

As cool as this is, I'm unsure if this is a good idea, for performance on chambering and reloading, I'll start testing this after the rest is fully working back to 100%

The same system would easily work with expanded capacity magazines allowing for multiple magazine types for a gun and auto selecting the best without player having to 'convert'.

I think this ammo mixing could become a bit cumbersome from a gameplay perspective too - aspects such as what if you want to keep preferred ammo for a weapon that is non interchangeable, or if you don't notice the ammo switch mid-magazine and find it doing less damage suddenly.

Also, with my dire lack of knowledge, this is just an assumption - I would expect that while many things can fire both 7.62 and .308 for example, I would expect feeding and other reliability issues if a magazine was mixed ammo, especially in full auto. Might be wrong.

That said, auto selecting magazines based on what they're filled with and their capacities would be pretty nice.

I may add empty shells (for the possibility of reloading) at a later date, at least the code for ejecting the shells when the action is cycled is in place but currently commented out.

Another "ooooo, fancy" from me - though I can only imagine what's going to be involved regarding tools, powders and such for that. :s

Edited by TOShok

9 hours ago, TOShok said:

I think this ammo mixing could become a bit cumbersome from a gameplay perspective too - aspects such as what if you want to keep preferred ammo for a weapon that is non interchangeable, or if you don't notice the ammo switch mid-magazine and find it doing less damage suddenly.

Also, with my dire lack of knowledge, this is just an assumption - I would expect that while many things can fire both 7.62 and .308 for example, I would expect feeding and other reliability issues if a magazine was mixed ammo, especially in full auto. Might be wrong.

If I do implement this, there would have to be a context menu allowing the player to select a preferred ammo like 'Use Only 7.62'

And yes, there would defiantly be reliability issues, I've been contemplating implementing the possibility of jamming at some point. Even some semi autos have issues feeding different ammo of the same caliber (powder/pressure differences). Some guns function flawlessly with ammo from one manufacturer, while not properly cycling with the exact same ammo from another.

In truth, the 7.62 vs .308 is actually a complex issue, guns chambered for 7.62 nato have a slightly longer headspace in the chamber, to account for slight variations in manufacturing differences using ammo from different sources. To compensate for any loose headspace, the 7.62 round is manufactured with thicker brass to prevent rupture. A .308 fed into a 7.62 chamber can be a loose fit and without the extra brass runs the risk of rupture, while a 7.62 fed into a gun chambered for .308 can run the risk of the being slightly to long, failing to feed from the mag properly or not allowing the bolt to fully close (depending on how picky the gun is).  Its generally considered safe to use 7.62 in a .308 but not vice-versa, but the only way to know for sure is to measure the rifles chamber with a set of GO/NO-GO gauges.

6 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

If I do implement this, there would have to be a context menu allowing the player to select a preferred ammo like 'Use Only 7.62'

And yes, there would defiantly be reliability issues, I've been contemplating implementing the possibility of jamming at some point. Even some semi autos have issues feeding different ammo of the same caliber (powder/pressure differences). Some guns function flawlessly with ammo from one manufacturer, while not properly cycling with the exact same ammo from another.

In truth, the 7.62 vs .308 is actually a complex issue, guns chambered for 7.62 nato have a slightly longer headspace in the chamber, to account for slight variations in manufacturing differences using ammo from different sources. To compensate for any loose headspace, the 7.62 round is manufactured with thicker brass to prevent rupture. A .308 fed into a 7.62 chamber can be a loose fit and without the extra brass runs the risk of rupture, while a 7.62 fed into a gun chambered for .308 can run the risk of the being slightly to long, failing to feed from the mag properly or not allowing the bolt to fully close (depending on how picky the gun is).  Its generally considered safe to use 7.62 in a .308 but not vice-versa, but the only way to know for sure is to measure the rifles chamber with a set of GO/NO-GO gauges.

That was what I half finished with my "next version of the mod" I had working ammo tables for the guns and had a half-working beretta on the mechanic. I hadn't finished out the other parts of the code, e.g. taking the round and sticking it in the chamber on a rack or firing. but the gun would pull from the table correctly. empty shells are really easy to do, just a lot of legwork adding in extra items for the empty shells.

Edit: I should just give you the link to the github, I had a bunch of icons all ready to go you guys could take as well... plus a good chunk of the ammo table code is there. You want?

Edited by ORMtnMan

7 minutes ago, ORMtnMan said:

Edit: I should just give you the link to the github, I had a bunch of icons all ready to go you guys could take as well... plus a good chunk of the ammo table code is there. You want?

this one? https://github.com/OrMtnMan/RealGunsMod/tree/In-Development

Found it several months ago after i forked the main branch and have browsed most of the code in there. ;)

Added a new feature this morning (after entirely too little sleep) for those players who go and get themselves killed after getting bitten.....

Not that I condone such actions... but this will prevent the corpse from rising. 

1.thumb.jpg.39ee1df4652dda72d73badc7d08a007d.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.673c4f39102c8dc0c1c4cccc2ad6195f.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.05f3bb4eb632f9682067e1ad8a992a75.jpg

And yes, playing russian roulette using that spin chamber option combined with shoot yourself can cure boredom, as long as there is at least one round in the cylinder :rolleyes:

On 12/11/2017 at 1:01 AM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Added a new feature this morning (after entirely too little sleep) for those players who go and get themselves killed after getting bitten.....

Not that I condone such actions... but this will prevent the corpse from rising. 

1.thumb.jpg.39ee1df4652dda72d73badc7d08a007d.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.673c4f39102c8dc0c1c4cccc2ad6195f.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.05f3bb4eb632f9682067e1ad8a992a75.jpg

And yes, playing russian roulette using that spin chamber option combined with shoot yourself can cure boredom, as long as there is at least one round in the cylinder :rolleyes:

Looking at your status effects in those, shooting yourself did indeed cure your boredom. ;)

I really ought to be doing something useful, but I spent all of yesterday digital bowling. Please don't judge. :?

2 minutes ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

'Useful' is sooo relative. I spent all day working on the mod.... but if you were to ask my wife, I didn't do anything useful either :P

We'd consider it useful...

I don't think mine was useful to anyone but my amusement.

In fairness though, I know little to nothing about code so my part will largely be after you're mostly finished - adding new weapons in using what you've already made.

Edited by TOShok

On the weapon stats, I got it simplified defining and editing the weapons that have multiple modes. Things like the spas12 pump/semi auto conversion, and any of the semi/full auto switching is now done without having to define multiple versions of the same gun...just working on the ammo swaps now...so instead of having 4 copies of things like the M16 in the .txt files (M16, M16SA, M16223, M16SA223), there's just one entry now.

Shotguns are slightly problematic with the new system...specifically the buckshot/slug changes on the ProjectileCount.  Seems it cant be changed with lua. I can fetch the value but there's no clean way to change it.  I do have a few solutions, the most obvious and simplest way was just to leave it at 5 when slugs are loaded and change the MaxHitCount to 1 (which has to be done anyways). I've tested it out and seems to work well enough...at least I haven't noticed any side effects yet.  My other possible solutions to the problem are pretty hackish so not sure I want to go down that road.

5 hours ago, Fenris_Wolf said:

Shotguns are slightly problematic with the new system...specifically the buckshot/slug changes on the ProjectileCount.  Seems it cant be changed with lua. I can fetch the value but there's no clean way to change it.  I do have a few solutions, the most obvious and simplest way was just to leave it at 5 when slugs are loaded and change the MaxHitCount to 1 (which has to be done anyways). I've tested it out and seems to work well enough...at least I haven't noticed any side effects yet.  My other possible solutions to the problem are pretty hackish so not sure I want to go down that road.

Hmmm. I think you might be right. I would say change the cone of fire to be a straight line but then it'd never miss.

Out of curiosity, does your way of loading etc allow for more than 2 ammo types?

No problem if not, just wondering about the idea of multiple shotshell sizes (maybe 00, 2 and 4).

Though again, these would need to change projectile count so...

Edited by TOShok

On 12.11.2017 at 4:01 AM, Fenris_Wolf said:

Jeezuz, that looks incredible! If it will stop ressurection of your corpse even better! Can you add also a panic, while playing russian roulette?

Edited by DramaSetter

8 hours ago, TOShok said:

Out of curiosity, does your way of loading etc allow for more than 2 ammo types?

Yep, that was the whole point so a M16 (for example) could say load 5.56 FMJ, SP, HP, and JHP, as well as the .223 variants. The code isn't completely finished (only handles internal mags atm) but works, and allows for setting a preferred bullet type so it will only load those instead of mixing w/e the player has on hand. On a note, it works though the list in order (instead of randomly picking) so for shotguns it loads the 00 first until the player runs out, then slugs.

7 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

Jeezuz, that looks incredible! If it will stop ressurection of your corpse even better! Can you add also a panic, while playing russian roulette?

That was actually my intent, but I was playing the veteran with desensitized trait at the time so didn't get to test it (I think i messed up that line anyways) but it will be added.