ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

On 3/23/2017 at 1:36 PM, кот said:

try 181;181;181 colour - i tried painting it into this by using simple Paint and it almost looks the same with irl m1911(i'll put a screenshot when i'll be back home)

19112.png

well it kinda ugly painted but at least it shows the colour(i think it should be a little bit darker)

Yeah, I try to to avoid recolouring outside of using the Blender colours so that they export as intended. I will try colours tomorrow again, I didn't manage to give it a try today.

The only stuff I use Paint or an equivalent of is touching up lines that aren't supposed to be there, such as the lines left by going around a thumbhole in a stock.

1 hour ago, TOShok said:

Yeah, I try to to avoid recolouring outside of using the Blender colours so that they export as intended. I will try colours tomorrow again, I didn't manage to give it a try today.

The only stuff I use Paint or an equivalent of is touching up lines that aren't supposed to be there, such as the lines left by going around a thumbhole in a stock.

If you want, you can PM me the texture map and I can edit it in photoshop

7 hours ago, Fuji said:

If you want, you can PM me the texture map and I can edit it in photoshop

I found a setting I think was keeping it darker - if it brightens up when I try putting it in later, no problem.

If it's still being funny for me, I might do that.

Do you have any plans to make a variation of the mod that lowers spawn rates? Even with it on the lowest settings weapons are extremely abundant to the point of almost having every container that spawns them being chock full up to the 50 weight.

53 minutes ago, Reblar said:

Do you have any plans to make a variation of the mod that lowers spawn rates? Even with it on the lowest settings weapons are extremely abundant to the point of almost having every container that spawns them being chock full up to the 50 weight.

I don't really know how it works, but I might have a go at poking what's in the mod - I don't mind having a bit of a play and see if I learn anything. Having said that, I'd suspect someone else will get round to telling you a bit better how it works or what they've done.

For my not having to do it numerous times over in quick succession, what sort of changes were you hoping for - less chance for a container being given loot, or less loot in a container that has it? (I was thinking making them something like 10%, 25% and 50% or thereabouts, keeping most containers spawning but just spawning less - of course assuming what I try works.)

On a different note, I've recoloured the M1911 for the other 1911 clones, and I'll get some pictures up over the weekend. I also had the starts on an M4, but it's doing some strange things so I'm not sure I'll have much to put up - it still needs some work and I'm not having long to sit and do much at the moment.

Edited by TOShok

1 hour ago, TOShok said:

I don't really know how it works, but I might have a go at poking what's in the mod - I don't mind having a bit of a play and see if I learn anything. Having said that, I'd suspect someone else will get round to telling you a bit better how it works or what they've done.

For my not having to do it numerous times over in quick succession, what sort of changes were you hoping for - less chance for a container being given loot, or less loot in a container that has it? (I was thinking making them something like 10%, 25% and 50% or thereabouts, keeping most containers spawning but just spawning less - of course assuming what I try works.)

On a different note, I've recoloured the M1911 for the other 1911 clones, and I'll get some pictures up over the weekend. I also had the starts on an M4, but it's doing some strange things so I'm not sure I'll have much to put up - it still needs some work and I'm not having long to sit and do much at the moment.

A bit of both in honesty. It seems every single gun container has something in it and on top of that it is extremely filled as well. Personally the fact there's so much in one container every time is what bothers me a bit more.

47 minutes ago, Reblar said:

A bit of both in honesty. It seems every single gun container has something in it and on top of that it is extremely filled as well. Personally the fact there's so much in one container every time is what bothers me a bit more.

I'll have a look over the next couple days - this M4 is bothering me right now so maybe that'll let me do something else for a little bit.

I'm sure there's probably an easy way to tweak them but, I'm guessing I'll end up doing it the hard way. :P

I'm going to try making some pretty big changes to see what happens - while I'll try looking at what it does, my little notebook can barely get through movement in the game, much less proper testing of various locations - I'll put iterations of it up here, and if you feel like checking them out (and seeing if my changes worked, and what else I should change) I'd appreciate if you gave them a go for yourself and let me know some feedback - it'll take me a long time to try and look at it closely in game for myself. :c

Edited by TOShok

1 hour ago, кот said:

hey man just checked your drop box, mosin and rem700 looks beautiful but could you beefean up scoped rem700 as you made non scoped one?

Yes, I'll put that up at the weekend with the 1911 clones.

I've made a first iteration of a reduced loot thingy - it should be attached to this post. It makes a lot fewer guns spawn, and quite a lot less ammo and attachments too, but most containers will still contain at least one or two items. Take a look, let me know what you think. 

ORGMDistribution(reduced).lua

To try it, download it to your computer somewhere, go to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\514618604\mods\ORGM\media\lua\server

Back up your copy of ORGMDistribution (preferably so you know which is which ;p).

Rename the one you got from this post to remove the "(reduced)" section, and replace the ORGMDistribution file in the mod files.

Restart your game, and start a new character (to make sure that everything is fresh spawned).

Edited by TOShok

2 hours ago, TOShok said:

Yes, I'll put that up at the weekend with the 1911 clones.

I've made a first iteration of a reduced loot thingy - it should be attached to this post. It makes a lot fewer guns spawn, and quite a lot less ammo and attachments too, but most containers will still contain at least one or two items. Take a look, let me know what you think. 

ORGMDistribution(reduced).lua

To try it, download it to your computer somewhere, go to 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\514618604\mods\ORGM\media\lua\server

Back up your copy of ORGMDistribution (preferably so you know which is which ;p).

Rename the one you got from this post to remove the "(reduced)" section, and replace the ORGMDistribution file in the mod files.

Restart your game, and start a new character (to make sure that everything is fresh spawned).

I'll try it as soon as I get the chance. Unfortunately like you I have quite a crappy laptop during weekdays, later tomorrow I should be able to give it a look. Thank you very much for taking the time for this though, I know myself and quite a few of my friends will be quite happy with it.

12 minutes ago, Reblar said:

I'll try it as soon as I get the chance. Unfortunately like you I have quite a crappy laptop during weekdays, later tomorrow I should be able to give it a look. Thank you very much for taking the time for this though, I know myself and quite a few of my friends will be quite happy with it.

I'm hoping to replace my little notebook soon - then I'll be able to do more with it.

As for that file, check it before you thank me, it's only a first iteration and I can try tweaking it more if required.

16 hours ago, TOShok said:

I'm hoping to replace my little notebook soon - then I'll be able to do more with it.

As for that file, check it before you thank me, it's only a first iteration and I can try tweaking it more if required.

Finally got around to trying it.

Spawns still seem a little high, particularly inside crates, filing cabinets, and metal shelves.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/80343990354253693/EC6119D7A0D72D8936A7AD41CA66E38B0C44734E/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:542&composite-to%3D*%2C*|1024%3A542&background-color=black

4 hours ago, Reblar said:

From that picture it looks like it's now mostly ammo rather than 2.6 billion guns per container though, so it's the ammo numbers I need to reduce more, and just a little bit on the guns.

Quick question - was that in the gunstore? The Distributions lists a handful of different places, and there's separate crates for different places.

Meanwhile, I'll put up a second iteration in a moment - I did a quick teleport around the gunstore and police stations - most of the counters, crates and shelves now seem to have anything from a single box of ammo to 2-3 guns, ammo relevant and a couple of cleaners and attachments at most (with one exception where it spawned 4 Remington 870s and about 2000 rounds of ammo, in one container once). Those sorts of occasionally huge spawns are just a product of having so many chances, it's kind of like the lottery I suppose - every now and then there just will be tiny odds with huge yield.

I'll keep messing - same procedure as before to try this new one.

ORGMDistribution(it2).lua

Edited by TOShok

2 hours ago, TOShok said:

From that picture it looks like it's now mostly ammo rather than 2.6 billion guns per container though, so it's the ammo numbers I need to reduce more, and just a little bit on the guns.

Quick question - was that in the gunstore? The Distributions lists a handful of different places, and there's separate crates for different places.

Meanwhile, I'll put up a second iteration in a moment - I did a quick teleport around the gunstore and police stations - most of the counters, crates and shelves now seem to have anything from a single box of ammo to 2-3 guns, ammo relevant and a couple of cleaners and attachments at most (with one exception where it spawned 4 Remington 870s and about 2000 rounds of ammo, in one container once). Those sorts of occasionally huge spawns are just a product of having so many chances, it's kind of like the lottery I suppose - every now and then there just will be tiny odds with huge yield.

I'll keep messing - same procedure as before to try this new one.

ORGMDistribution(it2).lua

Give it a try when I'm back on the PC, that picture was inside the police department in Muld but I also checked the gun store in WP that was just as full in those particular containers.

Not got much new at the moment, hoping I get more time soon, there's just a lot going on at the moment.

When I have a chance with my laptop, I'll put up those other colours for the 1911s and the other rifle - they're basically done, I just don't have my laptop currently.

Edit - currently replacing the whole set of Dropbox files to make sure they're all there, however Dropbox reliably seems to mess up the file structure when you copy more than one folder at a time - don't be surprised if it needs re-sorting. When it's done, the 1911 clones should be there along with a resized R700 Scoped. I've spent a while playing with the M4 but I've broken it - as I'm replacing my laptop in the next week or two, I'll likely wait until I have that before I start doing anything significant for now; I'm just going through this one and getting my copy-over ready so, that will happen.

#2 - My new laptop is on its way, due Tuesday 18th. My little one'side battery has actually burst now so I don't have a computer until then, but Blender will be my first software installed when I get it.

Edited by TOShok

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me how do i reload magainzes? I do not see the reload option on them , only on the gun. My reload setting in the OPTIONS tab is on easy as well

Edit:
I tested and only vanilla magazines can be reloaded as they have a reload option.
Edit 2:
Was using a berreta with a the prefix (9mm) but uses 9x19mm lol
And somehow my other test was on stanag and also i needed .223 remingto instead of just .223

Edited by djbnw

On 5/10/2017 at 5:54 AM, djbnw said:

Can anyone tell me how do i reload magainzes? I do not see the reload option on them , only on the gun. My reload setting in the OPTIONS tab is on easy as well

Edit:
I tested and only vanilla magazines can be reloaded as they have a reload option.
Edit 2:
Was using a berreta with a the prefix (9mm) but uses 9x19mm lol
And somehow my other test was on stanag and also i needed .223 remingto instead of just .223

You can't use vanilla ammo in my guns. Also, there shouldn't be mags on easy reloading iirc.

On 13/05/2017 at 3:59 AM, ORMtnMan said:

You can't use vanilla ammo in my guns. Also, there shouldn't be mags on easy reloading iirc.

I usually play on easy, and it just reloads from the pile of bullets or shells in your inventory, without any magazines.

Am i missing something or is there no cross over for the Hunting from Hydrocraft?  For example Hunt Deer with Shotgun needs a Shotgun, not any of the named ones this mod brings in.  Is there any way to tie them together?

Same with Varmint Rifle it needs .223 bullets, but only .223 bullets not any of the .223 long,  or .223 remington etc. For the hunting.

Hope someone can advise me on this.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update to everyone, I regret to say I am stepping down as the developer of this mod. My first child (son) will be born within the next two weeks so the little time I have to work on this mod will be reduced further.

That said, this mod is not dead. WN1Dextor is taking it over and I will still be around to advise and help him. I will still be around to answer questions as well.

Thank you all for your support during the development process.

7 minutes ago, ORMtnMan said:

My first child (son) will be born within the next two weeks so the little time I have to work on this mod will be reduced further.

Congratulations to you :D You're soon to enter into.... fatherhood. Dun, dun, dunnnn!

9 minutes ago, ORMtnMan said:

As an update to everyone, I regret to say I am stepping down as the developer of this mod. My first child (son) will be born within the next two weeks so the little time I have to work on this mod will be reduced further.

That said, this mod is not dead. WN1Dextor is taking it over and I will still be around to advise and help him. I will still be around to answer questions as well.

Thank you all for your support during the development process.

Good luck with family life :)

And thanks for the work to now, it's already a good mod and hopefully will be a great Base to continue with.