ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Just now, TOShok said:

Any other weapons or weapon types that you use a lot or otherwise need more of?

mostly peoples using Ar15's,M16 (cuz they are set as police dept spawns on our serv) they have their own models but they very simple so i thought mb some colouring for them? also ar15 using m16's model

sig550\551 models looks so badass, just tried them and noticed SIG551 looks smaller instead of shortened for me

Edited by кот

35 minutes ago, кот said:

mostly peoples using Ar15's,M16 (cuz they are set as police dept spawns on our serv) they have their own models but they very simple so i thought mb some colouring for them? also ar15 using m16's model

Some AR15 style models are on my list - I could probably look to do them all at the same time.

35 minutes ago, кот said:

sig550\551 models looks so badass, just tried them and noticed SIG551 looks smaller instead of shortened for me

Strange, as the 551 was an edited 550 - I will look at this tonight and try to see if I can see why - from my post pictures I think it looks like it's about the same size but I might have it positioned further back - I'll certainly try moving it forwards as well.

Edited by TOShok

Your model looks in a different position to mine, but that may be the zoom.

I'm about off to work, but i'll try to revise the model tonight so they match - something funny might have happened while I was changing the front end of the 551.

Just now, TOShok said:

Your model looks in a different position to mine, but that may be the zoom.

zoom is same on both pictures, they just differently cut but it's already showing what the place where hand is holding gun on a front handguard is different for 551 on my pic  with comparsion to your

I apologise for effectively abandoning the wiki. Back when I made it I was busy with exams and I stopped playing Zomboid for a while. When the next update get's a release date I'll get it ready for a big old update as this mod is very important to my gun nut fun in PZ! It's awesome to see the community are helping out with models too! When the PZ animation update drops those will definitely be important.

Now here's a silly question TOShok : how do I effectively get the models to work in-game?

I copied the content of your dropbox folder "object and weapons" to ORGM in Zomboid folder. I put the text files in media/models and the pictures in media/textures but I don't seem to see any change? Could you help me?

Here's some comparative images for the new SIG551 I propose using - the Dropbox has already had it replaced;

Spoiler

NewSIG551 profile.pngYour SIG551.png New SIG551 vs Old SIG551 (I used yours as that hopefully shows what the difference should be)

SIG550 profile.pngNewSIG551 profile.png SIG550 vs New SIG551

18 hours ago, Moss7 said:

Now here's a silly question TOShok : how do I effectively get the models to work in-game?

I copied the content of your dropbox folder "object and weapons" to ORGM in Zomboid folder. I put the text files in media/models and the pictures in media/textures but I don't seem to see any change? Could you help me?

On the Dropbox you should now find a new folder titled "Altered files for adding models" - these are what they say on the tin; edited versions of what comes in the base ORGM, with the elements tweaked to get them to call on the models I've made. To put them in;

Spoiler

1) Download the six files from that folder, along with all of the Objects_ and weapons_ files, somewhere you can find them.

2) Find the ORGM mod files (usually in Program Files (x86)/steam/steamapps/workshop/content/108600/514618604/mods/ORGM/media).

3) Go to the client lua files (...ORGM/media/lua/client) and replace the ORGM.lua with the ORGM.lua from the Dropbox "altered" folder.

4) Go to the scripts files (...ORGM/media/scripts) and replace the required text files with those included in the "altered" folder (not all of them need changing, therefore some will be left un-replaced)

5) Go to the textures folder (...ORGM/media/textures) and paste a copy of all the .png files (titled Objects_***.png) from the "Objects_ and weapons_" Dropbox folder.

6) Go to the models folder (...ORGM/media/models) and paste a copy of all the .txt files (titled weapons_***.png) from the "Objects_ and weapons_" Dropbox folder.

Hopefully, all models I have made should now be used in your copy of PZ and ORGM. Remember that my altered files will be expecting you to have all of the models and textures inserted into the models and textures folders - this means that even if you are using a modified spawn list of items, if you want to use my altered ORGM.lua and ORGM***.txt files you'll need to have all the models and textures inserted - even the ones you won't use.

(Otherwise I expect you'll probably get a load of errors, and no idea what else.)

You won't need new save files obviously, but you will need to restart the game fully - while the models will be reloaded by turning the mod on and off, textures won't; therefore everything will look... strange, if you don't close and restart the game.

So TL;DR - download altered, objects_ and weapons_; replace ORGM.lua and the ORGM***.txts, paste in the Objects_ and weapons_, restart the game.

And of course - each time I upload new models to the Dropbox, I'll update the altered ORGM.lua and ORGM***.txt files as well. You'll need to manually replace these each time you want to push in the new models, because obviously the old one you put in won't look for anything made since. So, it'll work, but you'll probably need to mess with it like once a week if you want to keep it up to date.

(I'm hoping ORMtnMan doesn't mind my putting pieces of the mod onto the Dropbox folder - I take no credit for most of the work obviously, but it's the only simple-ish work-around I can think of that doesn't require getting people to constantly edit their own files; and after all, you can just download the base files anyway by subscribing to the mod, and the majority of it isn't on there, just the modified bits.)

Also;

in progress r700.png

I'm probably going to pull the bottom of the grip and stock up to make it "less deep". Not sure if I should put a scope on it - it is a suitable rifle for sniping but I don't think it's listed as a sniper. I'll think about it later. (And yes, I need to put the trigger guard on)

Edited by TOShok

20 hours ago, Khaos said:

I apologise for effectively abandoning the wiki. Back when I made it I was busy with exams and I stopped playing Zomboid for a while. When the next update get's a release date I'll get it ready for a big old update as this mod is very important to my gun nut fun in PZ! It's awesome to see the community are helping out with models too! When the PZ animation update drops those will definitely be important.

Hey, good to see you back! I obviously don't blame you for being late or slow on the production as I am in the same (or similar as it's not school but work and family) boat.

15 hours ago, TOShok said:

Here's some comparative images for the new SIG551 I propose using - the Dropbox has already had it replaced;

Reveal hidden contents

NewSIG551 profile.pngYour SIG551.png New SIG551 vs Old SIG551 (I used yours as that hopefully shows what the difference should be)

SIG550 profile.pngNewSIG551 profile.png SIG550 vs New SIG551

On the Dropbox you should now find a new folder titled "Altered files for adding models" - these are what they say on the tin; edited versions of what comes in the base ORGM, with the elements tweaked to get them to call on the models I've made. To put them in;

Hide contents

1) Download the six files from that folder, along with all of the Objects_ and weapons_ files, somewhere you can find them.

2) Find the ORGM mod files (usually in Program Files (x86)/steam/steamapps/workshop/content/108600/514618604/mods/ORGM/media).

3) Go to the client lua files (...ORGM/media/lua/client) and replace the ORGM.lua with the ORGM.lua from the Dropbox "altered" folder.

4) Go to the scripts files (...ORGM/media/scripts) and replace the required text files with those included in the "altered" folder (not all of them need changing, therefore some will be left un-replaced)

5) Go to the textures folder (...ORGM/media/textures) and paste a copy of all the .png files (titled Objects_***.png) from the "Objects_ and weapons_" Dropbox folder.

6) Go to the models folder (...ORGM/media/models) and paste a copy of all the .txt files (titled weapons_***.png) from the "Objects_ and weapons_" Dropbox folder.

Hopefully, all models I have made should now be used in your copy of PZ and ORGM. Remember that my altered files will be expecting you to have all of the models and textures inserted into the models and textures folders - this means that even if you are using a modified spawn list of items, if you want to use my altered ORGM.lua and ORGM***.txt files you'll need to have all the models and textures inserted - even the ones you won't use.

(Otherwise I expect you'll probably get a load of errors, and no idea what else.)

You won't need new save files obviously, but you will need to restart the game fully - while the models will be reloaded by turning the mod on and off, textures won't; therefore everything will look... strange, if you don't close and restart the game.

So TL;DR - download altered, objects_ and weapons_; replace ORGM.lua and the ORGM***.txts, paste in the Objects_ and weapons_, restart the game.

And of course - each time I upload new models to the Dropbox, I'll update the altered ORGM.lua and ORGM***.txt files as well. You'll need to manually replace these each time you want to push in the new models, because obviously the old one you put in won't look for anything made since. So, it'll work, but you'll probably need to mess with it like once a week if you want to keep it up to date.

(I'm hoping ORMtnMan doesn't mind my putting pieces of the mod onto the Dropbox folder - I take no credit for most of the work obviously, but it's the only simple-ish work-around I can think of that doesn't require getting people to constantly edit their own files; and after all, you can just download the base files anyway by subscribing to the mod, and the majority of it isn't on there, just the modified bits.)

Also;

in progress r700.png

I'm probably going to pull the bottom of the grip and stock up to make it "less deep". Not sure if I should put a scope on it - it is a suitable rifle for sniping but I don't think it's listed as a sniper. I'll think about it later. (And yes, I need to put the trigger guard on)

Thanks for the explanation to everyone!

That's a good looking rifle! Any particular model or general hunting rifle?

10 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Thanks for the explanation to everyone!

That's a good looking rifle! Any particular model or general hunting rifle?

I'm aiming toward a Remington 700 - that's listed as a regular rifle in your mod, though it has got a military sniper history as well, so I'm kind of between which to make it.

11 hours ago, кот said:

damn dude this looks cool, i guess it's a bolt action model?(would be better to have scoped and unscoped versions) btw tested new 551 models and it looks good now

Yes it is - it does have a bolt on it but with the edges highlighted you can't really see it.

Good to know the 551 is happy now - I assume I must have accidentally shrunk the whole model somehow without noticing before, not sure how I'd have done that though. :s

I think as a stock model for the mod, the unscoped is better, as that's what seems to have been used for item images and such throughout. That said, here's my Remington 700 offering now I've had a bit more time to play, both with and without scope;

Spoiler

with and without.png

I realise the scope looks like it's pointing down slightly in this picture, but it's just the picture angle - here's the side view;

flat scope.png

Edited by TOShok

5 hours ago, TOShok said:

I'm aiming toward a Remington 700 - that's listed as a regular rifle in your mod, though it has got a military sniper history as well, so I'm kind of between which to make it.

The M24 and M40 variants are just regular Remington 700s with custom parts (scope, bipod, accurized barrel), with the M24 being the Army's modification, and the M40 being the Marine's.  So there's really no difference microscopically.

Though, I suppose nothing is stopping you from just making different skins for each.

6 hours ago, Fuji said:

The M24 and M40 variants are just regular Remington 700s with custom parts (scope, bipod, accurized barrel), with the M24 being the Army's modification, and the M40 being the Marine's.  So there's really no difference microscopically.

Though, I suppose nothing is stopping you from just making different skins for each.

Those are what I was thinking of - however the M40A5 isn't due to be added to the mod for some time and I don't think the M24 is listed at all.

Also, some people with Remington 700s attach scopes to their own rifles for hunting or range shooting (I assume, having no firearms experience of my own) so the 700 model could have a scope too.

And yes, I'm mostly going the "all weapons have a distinct model" route - even if it's like the SIG550/551 or L96/AI-AW where they're just part resizes and recolours.

53 minutes ago, TOShok said:

Those are what I was thinking of - however the M40A5 isn't due to be added to the mod for some time and I don't think the M24 is listed at all.

Also, some people with Remington 700s attach scopes to their own rifles for hunting or range shooting (I assume, having no firearms experience of my own) so the 700 model could have a scope too.

And yes, I'm mostly going the "all weapons have a distinct model" route - even if it's like the SIG550/551 or L96/AI-AW where they're just part resizes and recolours.

Yep, you can add a scope to just about any gun if you try hard enough.  The M24 and M40 just refer to very specific modifications, scopes, etc.

Edit:

Also, I made the original models included with the mod.  Feel free to replace them at your leisure, I don't have any emotional attachment to them.  Yours are better anyway :P

Edited by Fuji

On 15/03/2017 at 10:11 AM, Fuji said:

Edit:

Also, I made the original models included with the mod.  Feel free to replace them at your leisure, I don't have any emotional attachment to them.  Yours are better anyway :P

I actually thought the current ones were pretty good, just needed colouring in some situations.

That said, once I'm done with making new ones, the current ones will be on my hitlist  (or Hittisleigh as my autocorrect politely tells me ._.), so it's good to know it's not a bother to you.

Of course, the Dropbox also has all my Blender files, so if you see any potential improvements you can get my models from there. :)

(That's where the rough and nastier edges are ;p)

To update my position currently - thanks to being asked for extra extra hours at work (that's not a typo) I'll probably only have 2 or 3 working models up over the weekend. I'm also due to be doing long shifts next week, so my progress might be slow for a week or so. After that I should be able to get back to normal, hopefully.

Edited by TOShok

So I've not had time to do as much as I wanted with these - I've put them up on the Dropbox anyway, but they are quite likely to see revision at some point very soon. (The main reason for posting them up is to ensure that I have them backed up, rather than to say "finished" on them - losing one laptop lately makes me sure it's a good idea.)

Spoiler

58cedbd2518ba_MosinNagantprofile.png.1132e151a8b153d004a956142610f9ca.png58cedbd001fd8_MosinNagantangle.png.d438e6c07dde11d36d0af2fef48839c2.pngMosin Nagant

58cedbd5a6f28_Remington700profile.png.750d28a560491dead60ff16785a7c477.png58cedbd3b549a_Remington700angle.png.b37073fec352b53b275e311c7e5f8b1d.pngRemington 700

58cedbd8817d6_M1911profile.png.3bc38076b9d74b3752c69f09d8e8e7e8.png58cedbd7167ca_M1911angle.png.ce9d21ec99783e5fff7ae75a697925dc.pngM1911

I'm still tampering with the scoped R700 - let me know if you see anything broken on these models or otherwise think they should be changed; while I intend to go over them again and probably reupload them, you might see something I've missed.

Also, apologies for the random pistol on the floor - for some reason I ended up with 274 Glock 22s in my inventory and needed to drop them before my character asploded or something.

---

I've done what I will with the R700 Scoped model - I may well one day remove it and tweak it into the M40A5 but not until I get that far through the list - and it's a big beefy list before I get that far.

Below are some comparisons between the stock R700 and the scoped R700; you will find the scoped version on the Dropbox under "Optional other stuff" - as the mod doesn't hold it as a sniper as standard, I'm using the non-scoped version as the standard model in the "Objects_ and weapons_" folder.

I've also decided not to further change the Mosin or M1911 for now - while the 1911 doesn't show it's detail as well as I'd like, I tried altering it slightly and it didn't improve the texture appearance (and I'm trying to keep 128x128 textures as the standard dimensions that I use); if anyone thinks I should revisit specific aspects of either of those, let me know what to change - I was going to change the 1911 texture and make the Mosin slightly less thin, but neither alteration made the appearances better (the Mosin looked somewhat worse) so I've aborted those changes, at least for now or until asked to change them.

Spoiler

Remington 700 Stock               Remington 700 Scoped

58cedbd5a6f28_Remington700profile.png.750d28a560491dead60ff16785a7c477.png58d1a5cc6ab0f_R700scopedprofile.png.6c216a321ee2dc4d98f9ff3e9856ce16.png Profile image

58cedbd3b549a_Remington700angle.png.b37073fec352b53b275e311c7e5f8b1d.png58d1a5cd8bc85_R700scopedangle.png.fbd383888475e1077cd1b40468dde25d.png Angle image

(with 274 Glock 22s for fair comparison)

Edited by TOShok
Update

22 minutes ago, Blahblah_Curtis said:

The game won't let me reload magazines anymore.  Any ideas?  A little red box appears whenever I click reload after right clicking a mag.

That is a base game issue.

Follow the directions here: https://www.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/5nbq4a/my_mates_and_i_cant_reload_our_pistol_magazines/

On 19.03.2017 at 11:32 PM, TOShok said:

if anyone thinks I should revisit specific aspects of either of those, let me know what to change

i've installed new models and i think 1911 is too dark PI9124LP_L.jpg

also you can kill two rabbits with one shot by just painting 1911 into few colours, cuz basicaly we have spingfield1911(dark grey) m1911(light grey) Colt38S(black with white handguard) ColtDeltaElite(grey with black handguard)

Edited by кот

21 minutes ago, кот said:

i've installed new models and i think 1911 is too dark 

OK,  I will have a look at lightening the texture - the 1911 I made is a bit of a fusion of an old 1911 and a 1911A1, so the colour was a bit more an artifact of that. I suppose it does look a lot more like the new, so yes.

As for the other 1911 clones, that is true and I was going to look into doing that sort of thing this week, as I don't have loads of time to be making much.

I did try making the Mosin thicker, but then it looked a bit stubby and short. Making it longer then looked a little strange. I'll give it another try.

On the image you have shown, I've gone closer to the second than the third - the metal band is right after the bottom narrows upwards and it goes straight from there.

Edited by TOShok

Just now, TOShok said:

OK,  I will have a look at lightening the texture.

overall everything looks good, but mosing and remington...they good but would be better if they would be beefier by just a little. imo they too thin

Just now, TOShok said:

I did try making the Mosin thicker, but then it looked a bit stubby and short. Making it longer then looked a little strange. I'll give it another try.

2001.jpg

you can choose one of this (i prefer 3rd the most)

Here's my play with the models today - they worked out better than last time, but I'm not updating the main models on Dropbox unless these are considered better in general by other people too;

Spoiler

Mosin Nagant - width and height increased by 30%

mosinprofile.png.38a1d9fb65532fc00eecd269426bc196.png => 58d2ffad5eeac_NewMosinprofile.png.6b313b318187368aba4ffd5fc7b8563c.png 

I noticed the barrel seems lower on the second - that's only 'cause I didn't quite line the image up right, and only just saw it when I put these up - it's angle, not line.

mosinangle.png.c09dd02f4cf4fa5ba3b4f1227d28fa82.png => 58d2ffab89409_NewMosinangle.png.5b45e0764a83b5b078fe2f7596a5ac15.png

Remington 700 - width and height increased by 20%

r700profile.png.2a614e64430b86d5da9ef40c8d250b60.png => 58d2ffb0ce8a9_NewR700profile.png.8ccf49d07ac08a538f39ce1a5c51d864.png

r700angle.png.4f5442f613a8b83eef1e7b01049df5db.png => 58d2ffaef2107_NewR700angle.png.76a95ae3a4b2c125a88f1bc6d0120f93.png

M1911 - recoloured (for some reason it still looks very gray - I swear that I've got it almost white in Blender at this point)

1911profile.png.a2d3c592eb55a2b285a3e64e58d1eba0.png => 58d2ffa9bf33a_New1911profile.png.d2e21b3daf19058d615dd34e761791f1.png

1911angle.png.42aa20f53f73ad6ae2325ea430f04a18.png => 58d2ffa724802_New1911angle.png.8f4e3a8e2f0866244fb380bd7dece876.png

If you want a better look, you'll find them on the Dropbox under "Optional other stuff">"aa Model Changes".

Edited by TOShok

16 hours ago, TOShok said:

M1911 - recoloured (for some reason it still looks very gray - I swear that I've got it almost white in Blender at this point)

1911profile.png.a2d3c592eb55a2b285a3e64e58d1eba0.png => 58d2ffa9bf33a_New1911profile.png.d2e21b3daf19058d615dd34e761791f1.png

try 181;181;181 colour - i tried painting it into this by using simple Paint and it almost looks the same with irl m1911(i'll put a screenshot when i'll be back home)

19112.png

well it kinda ugly painted but at least it shows the colour(i think it should be a little bit darker)

Edited by кот