ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

16 hours ago, Moss7 said:

Hey, am I the only one who, for some reason, gets an error whenever I try to reload a magazine?

Its a problem with 36.4 build.  The reloading code got messed up somehow. Even if you play with vanilla PZ, you cant reload the normal pistols clip as it gives the error also.

Have to wait for the pz devs to put a fix out, then this mod should work as normal then.

15 hours ago, thrandisher said:

Its a problem with 36.4 build.  The reloading code got messed up somehow. Even if you play with vanilla PZ, you cant reload the normal pistols clip as it gives the error also.

Have to wait for the pz devs to put a fix out, then this mod should work as normal then.

Ok thank you. Does that mean that until such time they release a fix, people won't be able to reload any magazine (except for revolvers and those that don't have a mag) ? And thanks again for the answer.

@ORMtnMan How are you getting along with making guns aceppt different kinds of ammo without having to "convert" them via a recipe.

I thought about adding multiple homemade and factory kinds of ammo like, wax slugs, and hollow points, etc. to my handloading mod.

But making many bullet types is kinda stupid if the player would have to "convert" the gun for every one of them.

BTW: I decided to get more content into my mod before making it compatible to ORGM to avoid having to do work twice.

18 hours ago, Bourbon said:

@ORMtnMan How are you getting along with making guns aceppt different kinds of ammo without having to "convert" them via a recipe.

I thought about adding multiple homemade and factory kinds of ammo like, wax slugs, and hollow points, etc. to my handloading mod.

But making many bullet types is kinda stupid if the player would have to "convert" the gun for every one of them.

BTW: I decided to get more content into my mod before making it compatible to ORGM to avoid having to do work twice.

That part I already have working, it works by assigning an ammo table to a weapon instead of a single ammo type value. The parts I still need to work on are the racking scripts, detection of the ammo type and adjusting stats if needed and some other things. Right now trying to make my rack scrit trigger without triggering the base game one is difficult. It took me a while to work around the vanilla reload code...

8 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

That part I already have working, it works by assigning an ammo table to a weapon instead of a single ammo type value. The parts I still need to work on are the racking scripts, detection of the ammo type and adjusting stats if needed and some other things. Right now trying to make my rack scrit trigger without triggering the base game one is difficult. It took me a while to work around the vanilla reload code...

Can I use the code in my Handloading Mod, of course with giving you credit? I would really like to add a bit of risk to handloading at low skill and with using handmade materials.

On 1/16/2017 at 5:24 AM, Bourbon said:

Can I use the code in my Handloading Mod, of course with giving you credit? I would really like to add a bit of risk to handloading at low skill and with using handmade materials.

Well I'm not sure how the code would apply to your mod at the moment. All I have completely working is the guns reference a table of ammo, which are only string name references. The assigning of ammo effects and values hasn't been finalized.(I am curently working on the racking change)

If there is some coding you would like help with or you would like to preemptively know how code your ammo, let me know...

2 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Well I'm not sure how the code would apply to your mod at the moment. All I have completely working is the guns reference a table of ammo, which are only string name references. The assigning of ammo effects and values hasn't been finalized.(I am curently working on the racking change)

If there is some coding you would like help with or you would like to preemptively know how code your ammo, let me know...

Unfortunatly i suck at coding :/ otherwise i really would like to help you. I overthougth my priorityes about the roadmap for my mod, as many people request ORGM-compatabilty, I am going to make our mods compatible. (From my side this only needs scripting the ammo + recipes from your mod in, but is alot of work). Do you think this makes sense, or would it be rendered obsolete when your new update rolls out?

21 hours ago, Bourbon said:

Unfortunatly i suck at coding :/ otherwise i really would like to help you. I overthougth my priorityes about the roadmap for my mod, as many people request ORGM-compatabilty, I am going to make our mods compatible. (From my side this only needs scripting the ammo + recipes from your mod in, but is alot of work). Do you think this makes sense, or would it be rendered obsolete when your new update rolls out?

You can do that sure. The effects of the ammo eg damage changes and such will not be changed in the xmls. There will be a lua library with those values. When it is done that is... Once the new system is ready, I can work with you on adding the values to the lua library.

2 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

You can do that sure. The effects of the ammo eg damage changes and such will not be changed in the xmls. There will be a lua library with those values. When it is done that is... Once the new system is ready, I can work with you on adding the values to the lua library.

Sounds great. I will get cracking. I´ll tell you when i´m done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2016 at 11:37 AM, ORMtnMan said:

I was referring to the old ModelLoader.

Yay! and I forgot to make that announcement here. I only made it on the steam messageboard for the mod.

So, yes, under the new IWBUMS and upcoming full release, the custom models should work!

Can you please post the fixed version download link on the OP? I use the GOG version of the game, and can't download this mod from steam.

1 hour ago, francogp said:

Can you please post the fixed version download link on the OP? I use the GOG version of the game, and can't download this mod from steam.

What fixed version? The version currently available should work for the models.

Is my download link down?

Might have missed it in this now quite long thread, but I think I've run into a bug of some sort - I believe it's the Beretta 471 Silverhawk shotgun, that whenever I try to unload it (say, I find a higher capacity shotgun I'd rather have), it generates two errors and doesn't unload. I've tried unloading from my inventory, and dropping it on the ground and unloading it from there, on the off-chance it might have made a difference, but seems not.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying using this; still need to get over the newbie/loud-noise-enthusiast issue of liking guns just a little bit too much. :P

Heya!

Good news,

I have brought on a person to collaborate with me on this project. So things should move a whole lot faster than I had been able to do myself.

He is not on the forum so I can't point to him here but he goes by the moniker W1Ndextor.

So, I guess The next version of this mod will be renamed to just RGM for the Real Gun Mod

I think OWRGM would work out mighty fine. When I say ORGM, there's a minor "w" sound between the O and the R, so it works out :P

In all seriousness, seeing this mod take steps into new heights is awesome! First I convince a few friends to buy PZ, then I discover Hydrocraft (after so long), and now OWRGM is picking up? I'm happy.

9 hours ago, iyarkonan said:

I think OWRGM would work out mighty fine. When I say ORGM, there's a minor "w" sound between the O and the R, so it works out :P

In all seriousness, seeing this mod take steps into new heights is awesome! First I convince a few friends to buy PZ, then I discover Hydrocraft (after so long), and now OWRGM is picking up? I'm happy.

Hah! Sounds like a either it is painful or a southern thing with the 'w'

Thanks! Well, we have a long way to go but the new ideas and movement is exciting.

Also another thing I just noticed, the VEPR-12 MOLOT shotgun seems to break into a loop when I try to unload that one - it then goes from saying 8+1/8 to saying 18/8 and will just continuously unload over and over and over - the name of the shotgun ammo is too long to see the count so I don't know whether it literally spews an unlimited number of shells into your inventory or if it just keeps unloading a whole lot of air very noisily.

Again, apologies if this has been mentioned - I quickly skimmed through some of the most recent pages and didn't see anything about specifics so thought I'd just put it here. Sorry if it's annoying or just filling up the place with duplicate reports or such - I didn't have the other issue with anything other than that shotgun, and this is the only one I've had this problem with. :/