ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

On 11/16/2016 at 2:58 PM, Nero's Shadow said:

Forget the sound fix I cant even get no 3d models to work xD

This is a sad thing with Jab. And even worse that they havent implemented it yet.

Well, hopefully it happens soon, No one has told me anything yet.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/09/2016 at 3:47 PM, ORMtnMan said:

In one of my next versions, I will be completely overhauling the modification system.

Oooo can't wait ^^

Please don't forget hoarders like me that gathered a non-negligeable amount of mods. In other words I love me a reflex scope on my M3 Super 90 ^^

I know you keep track of bugs and suggestions so I really can't wait till next version of ORGM comes out. I don't play PZ without ORGM anymore to be honest.

I said it many times already but thanks for this awesome mod, I'm a huge fan ^^

P.S. If some peolpe can't make the model loader included in ORGM work I still have one from Jab (big thanks to him as well, we'll miss him) that might work so PM me or grab it from this post.

ModelLoader_V1.16_02[Build_34.28] (for ORGM).zip

Edited by Moss7

On 12/7/2016 at 7:12 AM, Moss7 said:

Oooo can't wait ^^

Please don't forget hoarders like me that gathered a non-negligeable amount of mods. In other words I love me a reflex scope on my M3 Super 90 ^^

I know you keep track of bugs and suggestions so I really can't wait till next version of ORGM comes out. I don't play PZ without ORGM anymore to be honest.

I said it many times already but thanks for this awesome mod, I'm a huge fan ^^

P.S. If some peolpe can't make the model loader included in ORGM work I still have one from Jab (big thanks to him as well, we'll miss him) that might work so PM me or grab it from this post.

ModelLoader_V1.16_02[Build_34.28] (for ORGM).zip

Hah well.. my modding for this is not coming as much as I would like. Life is busy for me now...

I don't think any current version of PZ will work with any version of ModelLoader that is "commercially available".

On 12/13/2016 at 5:53 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

You'll find ORGM works fine in the IWBUMS build.

I was referring to the old ModelLoader.

Yay! and I forgot to make that announcement here. I only made it on the steam messageboard for the mod.

So, yes, under the new IWBUMS and upcoming full release, the custom models should work!

On 12/15/2016 at 0:51 PM, Moss7 said:

Oooh Build 35 is out ! Do you have any plans in the near future for ORGM, ORMtnMan? (I know you have an otherwise busy life, I don't mean to bother you)

Well, my vision hasn't changed and I have the code partially done, I just don't know if I have the time to finish it. I will plug away at it when I have time.

As an update on it, I have the code working for inserting ammo of multiple types into a magazine working. Which makes it infinitely easier to transfer that over to other guns. I still need to do the legwork on adapting it to other gun's code, get all the gun entries to work with the code, add the stat adjusting functions for different ammo, firemodes, etc, add a shell ejection function so a shell is created for ammo crafting later ( it will be cool and drop it on the ground for auto/semi-auto guns, and I need to totally redo the distributions function...

So a lot still ahead. I do intend to add every gun on my to do list to this next release... as a bonus

I will try to work on this today as I might have some time. (also maybe tomorrow). I do have to do some work this weekend (real work that is) I am the sole breadwinner of my little family and my wife is expecting our first... so... yeah this hasn't been a priority and I am sorry guys!

Edited by ORMtnMan

On 17/12/2016 at 3:44 PM, ORMtnMan said:

Well, my vision hasn't changed and I have the code partially done, I just don't know if I have the time to finish it. I will plug away at it when I have time.

As an update on it, I have the code working for inserting ammo of multiple types into a magazine working. Which makes it infinitely easier to transfer that over to other guns. I still need to do the legwork on adapting it to other gun's code, get all the gun entries to work with the code, add the stat adjusting functions for different ammo, firemodes, etc, add a shell ejection function so a shell is created for ammo crafting later ( it will be cool and drop it on the ground for auto/semi-auto guns, and I need to totally redo the distributions function...

So a lot still ahead. I do intend to add every gun on my to do list to this next release... as a bonus

I will try to work on this today as I might have some time. (also maybe tomorrow). I do have to do some work this weekend (real work that is) I am the sole breadwinner of my little family and my wife is expecting our first... so... yeah this hasn't been a priority and I am sorry guys!

So first thing : Congratulations for the heir to ORGM :D ! I know you're not getting anything more tangible than gratitude for your mod so you do it at your own pace which is fine. you shouldn't pay attention to people pressuring you. Me, I was just trying to catch up with my favorite mod is all... Can't wait for next release :) especially the fixes for ammo switch between magazines (.223/5.56 etc...) and other stuff. I'll be around every now and then and... congratulations again !

Edited by Moss7

18 hours ago, Moss7 said:

So first thing : Congratulations for the heir to ORGM :D ! I know you're not getting anything more tangible than gratitude for your mod so you do it at your own pace which is fine. you shouldn't pay attention to people pressuring you. Me, I was just trying to catch up with my favorite mod is all... Can't wait for next release :) especially the fixes for ammo switch between magazines (.223/5.56 etc...) and other stuff. I'll be around every now and then and... congratulations again !

Thanks! I love the support I get from this community. It's why I mod as all.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Moss7 said:

I'd like to make a quick suggestion : how about adding a bullet manufacturing system. I looked it up on the internet and it's not something really hard to do so it would be a nice addition to ORGM.

There is one that works in conjunction with hydrocraft.

Hey ORMtnMan

Any chance you could add the code that makes not all items found at 100% durability, as can be found in hydrocraft and the base game?  Just think it would be a bit more balanced and realistic.  Obviously guns found in the gunstore would be usually close to perfect durability, police stations could be usually good durability and guns found in houses or people would be hit or miss.

Also, any chance there could be one container in police stations that could have a chance of spawning any sort of ammo as well as any gun or magazine (as an evidence locker, guns that have been confiscated from criminals).  Obviously not as high durability.

I'm sorry for the waste of time if any of this is not possible.  Congrats on the kid, take your time with this mod.  Your family and job is more important than a mod you're making for free.

I am trying to get Rausheims Reloding (Handloading) Mod up and running again.

But i am not so great at scripting, if someone wants to look into that and share some ideas how to get this running again i would be thankful. After we get it running, we could make it ORGM-compatible.

Edited by Bourbon

9 hours ago, Blahblah_Curtis said:

Any chance you could add the code that makes not all items found at 100% durability

That would be a good idea if the durability of weapons wasn't so stupidly low to begin with in my opinion.

Here's my list of suggestions for ORGM :

- Lower chance of gun spawning on zombies (much lower chance for rifles and all big stuff). (come on, zombies going around with an M249?... I know they could be military but I don't think they'd still carry their rifles)

- fix "gun resetting" bug when switching between fire modes and ammo type. (kinda mod-breaking this one)

- fix ammo loss when switching between ammo types on magazines. (kinda mod-breaking this one too)

- More models for guns instead of adding more guns. (many guns, not so many models)

- Make mods appear on guns (that would be rad ^^)

- fix gun compatibility list tooltip for mods (it's uncomprehensible)

- add ammo crafting system (perhaps in conjunction with the the new metalwork system?).

- make guns much more durable.

Hey there! glad to see the 3d models working in build 36! been a long time since i saw them haha. So i was playing around with the mod just now and got this error while trying to reload my mag 

dunno if anyone has had this one yet, but i wanted to mention it in case you haven't seen it yet! is there any work around to get this to work? Im just curious, ive been dying to play around with the mod since its been since like build 32 since i last used it haha. thanks again and im looking forward to the next update! keep up the good work.

1483345508838 -----------------------------------------

1483345508838 STACK TRACE
1483345508839 -----------------------------------------
1483345508839 function: new -- file: ISReloadAction.lua line # 46
1483345508839 function: startReloading -- file: ISReloadManager.lua line # 232
1483345508839 function: startReloadFromUi -- file: ISReloadManager.lua line # 249
1483345508839 function: OnReload -- file: ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua line # 1357
1483345508839 function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 98
1483345508971 -----------------------------------------
1483345508971 STACK TRACE
1483345508971 function: new -- file: ISReloadAction.lua line # 46
1483345508972 function: startReloading -- file: ISReloadManager.lua line # 232
1483345508972 function: startReloadFromUi -- file: ISReloadManager.lua line # 249
1483345508972 function: OnReload -- file: ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua line # 1357
1483345508972 function: onMouseUp -- file: ISContextMenu.lua line # 98
java.lang.RuntimeException: Object tried to call nil in new
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaUtil.fail(KahluaUtil.java:91)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.luaMainloop(KahluaThread.java:949)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.call(KahluaThread.java:163)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1727)
    at se.krka.kahlua.vm.KahluaThread.pcall(KahluaThread.java:1642)
    at se.krka.kahlua.integration.LuaCaller.pcall(LuaCaller.java:63)
    at zombie.ui.UIElement.onMouseUp(UIElement.java:924)
    at zombie.ui.UIManager.update(UIManager.java:1085)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:587)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1246)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1022)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:180)
1483345508976[/spoiler] 

Edited by Man_In_The_Purple_Hat

5 hours ago, Man_In_The_Purple_Hat said:

Hey there! glad to see the 3d models working in build 36! been a long time since i saw them haha. So i was playing around with the mod just now and got this error while trying to reload my mag 

dunno if anyone has had this one yet, but i wanted to mention it in case you haven't seen it yet! is there any work around to get this to work? Im just curious, ive been dying to play around with the mod since its been since like build 32 since i last used it haha. thanks again and im looking forward to the next update! keep up the good work.

Reveal hidden contents

1483345508839 function: startReloadFromUi -- file: ISReloadManager.lua line # 249
1483345508839 function: OnReload -- file: ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua line # 1357
1483345508972 function: startReloadFromUi -- file: ISReloadManager.lua line # 249
1483345508972 function: OnReload -- file: ISInventoryPaneContextMenu.lua line # 1357
1483345508976[/spoiler] 

same here. it also happens in vanilla guns. can't reload any magazines and can't unload shotguns.

On 12/31/2016 at 7:05 PM, Blahblah_Curtis said:

Hey ORMtnMan

Any chance you could add the code that makes not all items found at 100% durability, as can be found in hydrocraft and the base game?  Just think it would be a bit more balanced and realistic.  Obviously guns found in the gunstore would be usually close to perfect durability, police stations could be usually good durability and guns found in houses or people would be hit or miss.

Also, any chance there could be one container in police stations that could have a chance of spawning any sort of ammo as well as any gun or magazine (as an evidence locker, guns that have been confiscated from criminals).  Obviously not as high durability.

I'm sorry for the waste of time if any of this is not possible.  Congrats on the kid, take your time with this mod.  Your family and job is more important than a mod you're making for free.

Already planning on doing so and it is obviously possible. some guns at the gunstore would be used, so I was going to have used ones there.

Hey good idea on the evidence locker... though there are only the filing cabinets and metal gun cabinets in the police storage rooms... would have to brainstorm where else to put it. I could have a chance of any metal cabinet in a police station either be for storage of police issue or evidence... it's doable.

Again good thinking.

On 1/1/2017 at 5:29 AM, Moss7 said:

That would be a good idea if the durability of weapons wasn't so stupidly low to begin with in my opinion.

Here's my list of suggestions for ORGM :

- Lower chance of gun spawning on zombies (much lower chance for rifles and all big stuff). (come on, zombies going around with an M249?... I know they could be military but I don't think they'd still carry their rifles)

- fix "gun resetting" bug when switching between fire modes and ammo type. (kinda mod-breaking this one)

- fix ammo loss when switching between ammo types on magazines. (kinda mod-breaking this one too)

- More models for guns instead of adding more guns. (many guns, not so many models)

- Make mods appear on guns (that would be rad ^^)

- fix gun compatibility list tooltip for mods (it's uncomprehensible)

- add ammo crafting system (perhaps in conjunction with the the new metalwork system?).

- make guns much more durable.

I'm gonna tie it to the loot chance, because no rarity (or lack thereof) will make everyone happy.

Both those will be moot in the next version

The problem is that I'm not a 3d modeller... so... unless I get contributions, not much I can do there.

Totally possible, I am going to redo the entire mod system which will also make that more possible.

My new mod system will clear that up.

Ammo crafting is lower on my priority list. Soon though.

Balancing is the problem here... also it would make gun maintenance items moot.

18 hours ago, Man_In_The_Purple_Hat said:

Hide contents

1483345508976[/spoiler] 

That is strange! Are you using the mod in conjunction with any others? Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

4 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Totally possible, I am going to redo the entire mod system which will also make that more possible.

You're an absolute babe.  This sounds amazing honestly.  And I'm pretty sure the dev team are already working on an ammo crafting system for base game guns, I'd imagine you'd just wait for that to be released before working on ammo crafting correct?

10 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

That is strange! Are you using the mod in conjunction with any others? Have you tried reinstalling the mod?

been using hydrocraft and quite a few others. but after further testing I'm able to reload by putting the reloading option into easy mode. the reloading issue is only happening with any magazine. guns that dont use mags reload fine. So while in easy reloading mod it works fine :) . hope that helps narrow it down!

10 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

I'm gonna tie it to the loot chance, because no rarity (or lack thereof) will make everyone happy.

The problem is that I'm not a 3d modeller... so... unless I get contributions, not much I can do there.

Balancing is the problem here... also it would make gun maintenance items moot.

Wow you actually answered each and every point I raised. Much respect for that alone. Also, I'm glad to hear all this ! I actually knew about the 3d models. You already said some time ago that you didn't do 3d modelling. That's ok, let's just hope some good soul will help us with that :D. Thanks a lot for the answers, I'll be sniping a few zeds later today ^^

On 1/3/2017 at 0:19 AM, Blahblah_Curtis said:

You're an absolute babe.  This sounds amazing honestly.  And I'm pretty sure the dev team are already working on an ammo crafting system for base game guns, I'd imagine you'd just wait for that to be released before working on ammo crafting correct?

That's not what I am waiting for. It is more that ammo is common enough to find on zombie bodies that I never felt that crafting was needed. Besides, it makes ammo more dear.