ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ORMtnMan, thanx a lot for keeping up with the updates!

I also wanna ask, does the weapon-part mod doesn't work on the current version (on build 34.28)? Coz some weapons already have weapon mod equipped by default, but when I tried to equip other weapons with the correct parts (I also check the mods script just to make sure), the context menu on those weapons didn't show the option to mod them.

3 hours ago, curi0 said:

Hi ORMtnMan, thanx a lot for keeping up with the updates!

I also wanna ask, does the weapon-part mod doesn't work on the current version (on build 34.28)? Coz some weapons already have weapon mod equipped by default, but when I tried to equip other weapons with the correct parts (I also check the mods script just to make sure), the context menu on those weapons didn't show the option to mod them.

You need a screwdriver to remove or attach mods. Some guns have a chance of spawning with mods already attached

I apologize i never got to making any models for you, my life got really insane (more than usual) so I did not have any time to tool around with anything and since then I have started leading a small team of wannabe game developers on mulling around some simple-ish game ideas, because I always want to add too many systems of function, and layers of complication to games so that even the most simple concept (a runner) can be overblown into a massive mountain by my obsessive need for depth in games. (which is why I need a team of "no-men" around me, lol) So I have been brushing up on my c++, directx, libgdx and lua in preparation to take the real plunge into creating something of our own. If i ever want to play with blender to learn, or if im ever on a 3d art kick, I will definitely check back periodically on the mod to add anything I may be able to whip up. And if you ever just don't feel like doing sprite work or don't have time I may be willing to whip up something in that department, especially if you need something gruesome or with a really dark feel.

Some of my iso sprite work from before the resolution increase, please note the rusty and grotesque feeling i eked out of the metal and walls. ;P

Bleeding room

The Bleeding Rack.png

A beautiful mind room

Photo Wall.png

But reagardless of what happens, thank you for your timeless and unpaid efforts. We who have been following PZ for a long time and arent absurd purists really owe you a lot.

And hey, if any of my games ever amount to diddly squat i'll try to look you up and see if you want a spot on a team :P

On 7/2/2016 at 5:42 AM, {\/\/} King {\/\/} said:

I apologize i never got to making any models for you, my life got really insane (more than usual) so I did not have any time to tool around with anything and since then I have started leading a small team of wannabe game developers on mulling around some simple-ish game ideas, because I always want to add too many systems of function, and layers of complication to games so that even the most simple concept (a runner) can be overblown into a massive mountain by my obsessive need for depth in games. (which is why I need a team of "no-men" around me, lol) So I have been brushing up on my c++, directx, libgdx and lua in preparation to take the real plunge into creating something of our own. If i ever want to play with blender to learn, or if im ever on a 3d art kick, I will definitely check back periodically on the mod to add anything I may be able to whip up. And if you ever just don't feel like doing sprite work or don't have time I may be willing to whip up something in that department, especially if you need something gruesome or with a really dark feel.

Some of my iso sprite work from before the resolution increase, please note the rusty and grotesque feeling i eked out of the metal and walls. ;P

Reveal hidden contents

Bleeding room

The Bleeding Rack.png

A beautiful mind room

Photo Wall.png

But reagardless of what happens, thank you for your timeless and unpaid efforts. We who have been following PZ for a long time and arent absurd purists really owe you a lot.

And hey, if any of my games ever amount to diddly squat i'll try to look you up and see if you want a spot on a team :P

Don't worry, I don't blame you. I have been very busy as well. Just bought a new house and have been working on it on top of my normal day job.

I do appreciate the offer, though I have a well paying day job as a CPA. If you need one of those, let me know ;). I am consulting on another project I may contact you about.

On 7/2/2016 at 7:42 AM, {\/\/} King {\/\/} said:

I'm between jobs right now actually. haha :)

Looking forward to the new animations + ORGM models + etc. I may even kick up the old Blender code to see if I can still import animations into the game.

Edited by Jab

On 7/3/2016 at 7:11 AM, Jab said:

I'm between jobs right now actually. haha :)

Looking forward to the new animations + ORGM models + etc. I may even kick up the old Blender code to see if I can still import animations into the game.

No, you must stay unemployed to help me ;)

Just noticed you were adding the 9x39 round. Why not add AK-9 aswell? Basically an AK chambered in 9x39, silent and deadly for all the rifle lovers. Maybe a PSO-1 and Kobra sights if you really plan on adding more Soviet/Russian firearms. And if you add Saiga-12, you should probably make it more common than Vepr and its modifications because that's basically how it is in real life.
Also for some reason i don't get any magazines spawned on my non-steam server and have to search for firearms as mag donors. In SP i often get a spare mag spawned with the gun. Excuse me if this issue was already discussed, didn't look through all 60 pages of comments yet.

On 7/5/2016 at 5:35 AM, MLFHNT said:

Just noticed you were adding the 9x39 round. Why not add AK-9 aswell? Basically an AK chambered in 9x39, silent and deadly for all the rifle lovers. Maybe a PSO-1 and Kobra sights if you really plan on adding more Soviet/Russian firearms. And if you add Saiga-12, you should probably make it more common than Vepr and its modifications because that's basically how it is in real life.
Also for some reason i don't get any magazines spawned on my non-steam server and have to search for firearms as mag donors. In SP i often get a spare mag spawned with the gun. Excuse me if this issue was already discussed, didn't look through all 60 pages of comments yet.

I'll look into adding the AK-9, the russian attachments are coming, but they will be a bit later with all the other attachments. I have to revamp the entire spawning mechanism anyway.

Is the server on easy reloading? That is the only instance where they will not spawn at all. Also, it is not a guarantee that you will get an extra magazine so it is possible you just had bad luck.

18 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

The animation update will provide easier methods of changing 3D models .etc without hard-coded values, otherwise it'd be kind of pointless.

Might be a good idea to message one of the devs and ask, @ORMtnMan

Yeah, I will have to give them a shout when I get some time.

3 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Is the server on easy reloading? That is the only instance where they will not spawn at all. Also, it is not a guarantee that you will get an extra magazine so it is possible you just had bad luck.

Sorry for offtopic but i couldn't figure out how to change the reloading option server-wise. The only option i could come up with is Coxis Reload-Sync but it appears to be outdated or something so i couldn't get it to work. All players used hardcore reloading from the start and we played quite a lot with this mod and still couldn't find a single mag spawning anywhere.

1 hour ago, MLFHNT said:

Sorry for offtopic but i couldn't figure out how to change the reloading option server-wise. The only option i could come up with is Coxis Reload-Sync but it appears to be outdated or something so i couldn't get it to work. All players used hardcore reloading from the start and we played quite a lot with this mod and still couldn't find a single mag spawning anywhere.

I'm not the person to ask about multiplayer stuff. I'm one of those weirdos that does not like playing online (nor do I have the time)

hi, i dunno if someone already said this but here it goes:

-i haven't tried all weapons but when you switch from full-auto to semi-auto, all the ammo from the previous fire mode is lost, happens with shotguns too.

-when you have a weapon in a container that has attachments, it gives you the option to dissasemble but instead you get another weapon.

-when you unload a gun from a container it gives you unlimited ammo.

- can't find any ammo for the mp5.

-(this happens when loading with the "named weapons mod") when you get a name from that mod to your weapon, it only lets you deattach parts, not add them.

this is what i have seen by now, great mod, BBgun-best weapon ever...

Edited by That one guy

• 2 weeks later...

I've played around with the game some more, and I'll give a quick anecdote before I get to my point, but in short, I have to fully agree with the last commenter, the Red Ryder is insanely overpowered. I usually play sandbox, and I do edit the zombies a bit, but I set mine to have the regular strength and endurance and I found myself mowing down hordes of zed mercilessly with a child's toy.

So to set the scene, I was making the ritual West Point quest of going down to the warehouse, getting a sledgehammer there and breaking into the gunshop for loads of guns and ammo that I definitely won't be able to use effectively because of my low aim skill. Not finding one, I ventured north to the mall and miraculously found one in the unlikeliest of places, a crate next to the highway and after making the long trek back, I finally heisted my way into the gun shop. I found a BB gun and I figured I'd use it for shits and giggles and maybe to actually use it as it was intended, pulling single zombies away from a horde and into an axe. After fully reloading it from ammo made very abundant from the shop, I went from level 2 to 3 of reloading 9 with fast learner 0 just by loading the 650 rd magazine tube,  for those unfamiliar, that means that the bullets go direct into the gun ready to fire, and obviously traditional magazines are a bit more of an inconvenience, as they need to be loaded themselves and then put in the gun, but they can help a lot in terms of balancing the gun. I left the store weighing several tons in bullets and guns, as I rounded the corner, I saw 4 zombies, 3 standing around looking incredibly stoned, all staring at each other swaying, and the last one really jamming out, probably to some Pink Floyd based on his 3 stoned friends, and headbanging on the barred windows of the store. Figuring this was the perfect time to be a ranger, I pulled out the BB gun and took 3 shots, the 3 zed standing around died instantly, at aim level of only 2. The fourth one began to charge me, I stepped back, mashed my mouse button, unleashed about 15 shots, hit and stunned it, stepped back again and spammed my mouse some more and it died insanely quickly. I found myself in hysterics at how I could down zed so quickly and easily with a child's toy and ran into town, Red Ryder BB gun ablazing, before I got back to the police station, I effortlessly deaded at least 80 zed, all in complete silence. Upon returning to my base, I found that after expending some 130 bbs,  I only went through about 15 percent condition, so it was all fixed up immediately and easily.

So a quick summation on why it could really use a nerf; it can hold an absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary amount of ammo, even if it is the real world ammo count, it miraculously deads zombies in 1-2 shots despite only apparently doing 2 damage per shot and it has a rate of fire that allows the shooter to put up a literal metal wall of gunfire that would put an MG-42 to utter shame. I would go so far as to say that it upsets the core concept of firearms in Zomboid; 'effective, but with dire consequences.' Guns in this game, especially the ones in this mod are very well done in that, yes they are supposed to be very effective and last resort weapons that will allow you to cling on to your precious life for a little longer before the huge horde drawn in by the sound of the gunfire needs to be dealt with. The Red Ryder bypasses this comeuppance by having a very quiet sound, but the issue is that it's just as effective, if not more so than standard guns. As if being highly accurate, deadly and having a blistering rate of fire wasn't bad enough, IT HOLDS 650 ROUNDS. It takes 3 BB cans to make ONE load and can be done freely and very quickly without any period where the gun cannot be fired because of the magazine tube. So you can spit lead walls, not have to deal with huge hungry hordes coming after gunshot sounds and can do so AT ALL TIMES so long as you have the ammo.

But the real issue is that it does not do what it was intended to do. It was intended to pull single zombies away from a horde so that a player could deal with them one at a time and make an area more safely accessible, rather than run in and hope you don't die. Instead, the gun does something like what makes people complain about McCree in that it takes on successfully what it definitely should not be able to. Instead of being the weakest gun, it actually comes out to be the nearly strongest gun and can violate the spirit of the game in that the wielder becomes an invincible little boy cowboy with a fire rate to mirror Munden that downs zed, WITH ZERO CONSEQUENCE, like Charlie Sheen downs pills. Nerf this before someone shoots their eye out, please.

2 hours ago, KINGKICKASS1552 said:

I've played around with the game some more, and I'll give a quick anecdote before I get to my point, but in short, I have to fully agree with the last commenter, the Red Ryder is insanely overpowered. I usually play sandbox, and I do edit the zombies a bit, but I set mine to have the regular strength and endurance and I found myself mowing down hordes of zed mercilessly with a child's toy.

So to set the scene, I was making the ritual West Point quest of going down to the warehouse, getting a sledgehammer there and breaking into the gunshop for loads of guns and ammo that I definitely won't be able to use effectively because of my low aim skill. Not finding one, I ventured north to the mall and miraculously found one in the unlikeliest of places, a crate next to the highway and after making the long trek back, I finally heisted my way into the gun shop. I found a BB gun and I figured I'd use it for shits and giggles and maybe to actually use it as it was intended, pulling single zombies away from a horde and into an axe. After fully reloading it from ammo made very abundant from the shop, I went from level 2 to 3 of reloading 9 with fast learner 0 just by loading the 650 rd magazine tube,  for those unfamiliar, that means that the bullets go direct into the gun ready to fire, and obviously traditional magazines are a bit more of an inconvenience, as they need to be loaded themselves and then put in the gun, but they can help a lot in terms of balancing the gun. I left the store weighing several tons in bullets and guns, as I rounded the corner, I saw 4 zombies, 3 standing around looking incredibly stoned, all staring at each other swaying, and the last one really jamming out, probably to some Pink Floyd based on his 3 stoned friends, and headbanging on the barred windows of the store. Figuring this was the perfect time to be a ranger, I pulled out the BB gun and took 3 shots, the 3 zed standing around died instantly, at aim level of only 2. The fourth one began to charge me, I stepped back, mashed my mouse button, unleashed about 15 shots, hit and stunned it, stepped back again and spammed my mouse some more and it died insanely quickly. I found myself in hysterics at how I could down zed so quickly and easily with a child's toy and ran into town, Red Ryder BB gun ablazing, before I got back to the police station, I effortlessly deaded at least 80 zed, all in complete silence. Upon returning to my base, I found that after expending some 130 bbs,  I only went through about 15 percent condition, so it was all fixed up immediately and easily.

So a quick summation on why it could really use a nerf; it can hold an absolutely ridiculous and unnecessary amount of ammo, even if it is the real world ammo count, it miraculously deads zombies in 1-2 shots despite only apparently doing 2 damage per shot and it has a rate of fire that allows the shooter to put up a literal metal wall of gunfire that would put an MG-42 to utter shame. I would go so far as to say that it upsets the core concept of firearms in Zomboid; 'effective, but with dire consequences.' Guns in this game, especially the ones in this mod are very well done in that, yes they are supposed to be very effective and last resort weapons that will allow you to cling on to your precious life for a little longer before the huge horde drawn in by the sound of the gunfire needs to be dealt with. The Red Ryder bypasses this comeuppance by having a very quiet sound, but the issue is that it's just as effective, if not more so than standard guns. As if being highly accurate, deadly and having a blistering rate of fire wasn't bad enough, IT HOLDS 650 ROUNDS. It takes 3 BB cans to make ONE load and can be done freely and very quickly without any period where the gun cannot be fired because of the magazine tube. So you can spit lead walls, not have to deal with huge hungry hordes coming after gunshot sounds and can do so AT ALL TIMES so long as you have the ammo.

But the real issue is that it does not do what it was intended to do. It was intended to pull single zombies away from a horde so that a player could deal with them one at a time and make an area more safely accessible, rather than run in and hope you don't die. Instead, the gun does something like what makes people complain about McCree in that it takes on successfully what it definitely should not be able to. Instead of being the weakest gun, it actually comes out to be the nearly strongest gun and can violate the spirit of the game in that the wielder becomes an invincible little boy cowboy with a fire rate to mirror Munden that downs zed, WITH ZERO CONSEQUENCE, like Charlie Sheen downs pills. Nerf this before someone shoots their eye out, please.

More likely you'll shoot another's eye out.  I'll have to nerf the damage, rather than change the dynamics of how the red ryder operates in real life.

• 2 weeks later...

Maxed aim and thought a silent approach using the x-bow would be fun. Seems the weight of arrows makes this difficult, as well as it taking too many shots even at max aim to take down zeds. Always wondered why it wasn't used, this is probably why.

I want to translate your mod to Turkish language. I translated all items and recipes but weapon part tooltips, "Reload, Unload" texts and "Use for .38 Special", "Switch to Pump-Action" texts are not translatable.

How can I translate this lines? Thanks :)

2 hours ago, DemirHerif said:

I want to translate your mod to Turkish language. I translated all items and recipes but weapon part tooltips, "Reload, Unload" texts and "Use for .38 Special", "Switch to Pump-Action" texts are not translatable.

How can I translate this lines? Thanks :)

Maybe

0,38 Özel cephane ile kullanın

and

Anahtarı silah pompa - eylem için

My best approximation with google translate

1 hour ago, ORMtnMan said:

Maybe

0,38 Özel cephane ile kullanın

and

Anahtarı silah pompa - eylem için

My best approximation with google translate

You misunderstood me. I know how to translate :)

I'm using Debug Translation. I translated all translatable entries. Debug Translation code is finding mod Items and Recipes but not finding Context Menu (Reload, Unload etc.) and Tooltip texts.

I asked how can i translate this texts? No entries have in the translationProblems.txt.

2 hours ago, DemirHerif said:

You misunderstood me. I know how to translate :)

I'm using Debug Translation. I translated all translatable entries. Debug Translation code is finding mod Items and Recipes but not finding Context Menu (Reload, Unload etc.) and Tooltip texts.

I asked how can i translate this texts? No entries have in the translationProblems.txt.

HAH! Sorry!

I don't have it tied to the translation files yet... I will try to get that working in the upcoming versions...

3 hours ago, gta111 said:

Page is gone, it says that it has been removed by the maker

Oh... well... then I guess there is not one... The old one should work. I don't have a copy of it, so, I can't supply a reup