ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

11 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

I'm working on adding more mods in a future iteration. However I will also point out that the aiming mechanics of the game just don't work that way. As Fuji hinted it is not like the twin stick shooters in which you get your target line on a zombie and fire, then it hits.

How the game works (something I can't change because it is hardcoded) is as follows:

- First, the guns have aim arcs. So for instance, a high powered rifle may only have a 5 degree arc. This means that from the point of origin, your spread if a 5 degree sliver of a circle around you.

- Second, there is the hit chance combined with the hit chance per skill point. These add together to show your character's accuracy.

- Third there is a number of projectiles variable which details how many bullets are fired in one shot. Most guns shot a single projectile, but, shotguns shoot many.

- Fourth, there is your min/max range. These numbers make it impossible/nearly impossible to hit outside that range.

- So when you aim and pull the trigger, the game gets all those variables together. Gets all the zombies in your aim arc, checks if they are within the range values, then rolls to see if you hit.

That is why it would not make sense to have an aim-pointer on the screen. Not to mention I don't think there is a way to render one. Though, I have not looked into that.

Oh wow ok that all makes sense. How about a making a small transparent red line to show where your character is facing that way you can make more sense on how close you are to that gun arc? So center would be center of where the character is facing? It would make shooting snipers a lot easier since you usually zoom really far out and don't notice where your character is directly facing. And it's not where the mouse is. I've noticed in some directions my character is facing to one side or the other of the mouse. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. A lot of my kills are way off center of my mouse aim. I usually use automatic weapons and when I land my first hit thats my reference point of where my gun is aimed at. 

There is a typo, you spelled Ithaca with an I in the middle instead of an a. Also, add a Browning Hi-Power in .357Sig allow a .357Sig with smaller capacity than the other to make it an "intermediate" between lower capacity guns with the same stopping power and higher capacity guns in .357Sig, as it holds 10 rounds.  Also, if you add bullet hand loading, allow it to be toggled off to keep the bridge between this and Hydrocraft. Also add like some really end game industrial style reloading machines that are ridiculously expensive and require power for RP servers.

Edited by RealNewDeal

Well, he's the one who knows what he's talking about, us peasants arn't smart enough to make mods like this :D So if he says we can't have it, then we can't have it unless the Devs change it in vanilla or they release modding tools or something that does allow you to change it.

On 5/2/2016 at 6:15 PM, a.bashinskiy@yahoo.com said:

Oh wow ok that all makes sense. How about a making a small transparent red line to show where your character is facing that way you can make more sense on how close you are to that gun arc? So center would be center of where the character is facing? It would make shooting snipers a lot easier since you usually zoom really far out and don't notice where your character is directly facing. And it's not where the mouse is. I've noticed in some directions my character is facing to one side or the other of the mouse. I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong. A lot of my kills are way off center of my mouse aim. I usually use automatic weapons and when I land my first hit thats my reference point of where my gun is aimed at. 

As I said, I am not sure it will be possible to render that. At least not yet/that I know about. Only high-powered rifles have really tight arcs.

On 5/3/2016 at 6:21 PM, RealNewDeal said:

There is a typo, you spelled Ithaca with an I in the middle instead of an a. Also, add a Browning Hi-Power in .357Sig allow a .357Sig with smaller capacity than the other to make it an "intermediate" between lower capacity guns with the same stopping power and higher capacity guns in .357Sig, as it holds 10 rounds.  Also, if you add bullet hand loading, allow it to be toggled off to keep the bridge between this and Hydrocraft. Also add like some really end game industrial style reloading machines that are ridiculously expensive and require power for RP servers.

Nice catch, I'll take a look for it.

As for the Hi-Power in .357 SIG, I'll think about it.

As for in game fixtures, that won't be until long down the road.

On 5/3/2016 at 2:12 PM, Queen Glory said:

Well, he's the one who knows what he's talking about, us peasants arn't smart enough to make mods like this :D So if he says we can't have it, then we can't have it unless the Devs change it in vanilla or they release modding tools or something that does allow you to change it.

Oh, I beg to differ, I know nothing of modding before I started this project. I just figured things out by trial and error, and looking at how other similar things are coded. Also, googling LUA coding helps. 

Anyway, I will be getting re-started soon. Life is still busy, but I think I can find some time.

Thanks for sticking with me!

Oh but we are sticking with you :) At least I am, your nr. 1 fan and Jab's :D

I've been around every now and then to check out new stuff and new gun propositions. Now that build 34's out of the bag I came by to say hello and hope that my favorite mod is going well ! Thanks for your hard work and I can't wait to try everything very very soon !

1 minute ago, Queen Glory said:

Are you sure we can't both be tied for #1 fan of this mod? I mean PZ is pretty drab without it in my opinion with gunplay.(not actual game, actual game is awesome)So can't we both be tied for #1 fan plz?

Keep up great work on mod can't wait to see new stuff <3

OK we be tied then :) I agree with what you said about gunplay in the game. ORMtnMan told me one day that even if they wanted to, TIS couldn't buy the mod from him since he uses real names on guns (which contributes to the immersion imo) and that it would cost them a few kidneys to pay for royalties and stuff.

My point is we're very lucky we have this awesome mod the way it is and I'm sure we're both tied to a bunch of other nr.1 fans of ORGM :D

On 5/3/2016 at 9:21 PM, RealNewDeal said:

Also, add a Browning Hi-Power in .357Sig allow a .357Sig with smaller capacity than the other to make it an "intermediate" between lower capacity guns with the same stopping power and higher capacity guns in .357Sig, as it holds 10 rounds

AFAIK there is and was never a Hi-Power in .357 SIG from the factory.  Everything I get is drop-in barrels to convert .40 S&W models, and they are discontinued due to reliability and wear issues like many similar conversions for other guns.

There are a couple single-stack guns that come in .357 SIG.  The SIG P239, off the top of my head.  7 rounds.

I understand that .357 Sig was barrel conversions but it could add an extra layer of crafting with drop in barrel conversions. Also only the recoil springs had some durability issues. The Hi-Power in .357Sig is meant to be a bridge between lower capacity .357Sig guns like the SigP239 and converted Glocks which have higher capacities.

Hey, uh guys, I just wanna ask how to install that silencer mod in game with your Real Guns Mod, I mean the "step by steps only for Solo Mode". It just says that it can only be put at the Pistol, Varmint Rifle, and Hunting Rifle. I don't even know how to edit anything. I might cause damages. Thanks in advance.

Edited by King Raptor
missing detail, just minor but crucial

10 hours ago, King Raptor said:

Hey, uh guys, I just wanna ask how to install that silencer mod in game with your Real Guns Mod, I mean the "step by steps only for Solo Mode". It just says that it can only be put at the Pistol, Varmint Rifle, and Hunting Rifle. I don't even know how to edit anything. I might cause damages. Thanks in advance.

It won't be compatible without significant modification

1 hour ago, ORMtnMan said:

It won't be compatible without significant modification

Anyone have the correct file?  hehe

1 hour ago, Darius359au said:

@King Raptor there's an ORGM version in the steam workshop ,just dont have both selected at the same time because there's issues ,(well there was for me.).

i only selected the ORGM Gun Mod, but when i looked, no silencers available to be crafted in "Engineer" section. Then I dragged the contents of  the "Silencer" Mod by Nolan to the ORGM. Still the Pistol, Varmint Rifle and Hunting Rifle (is this called the vanilla guns?) are the ones to only be outfitted with silencers. Really sorry for the trouble, just desperate here. BTW I don't use Steam.

Edited by King Raptor
missind details again.

9 hours ago, Last_Man_Standing said:

Is there any time estimate until this is updated to the new build? 2x tiles + your gun mod  + Hydrocraft = WINNAGE.

Nope, I can't give a timeline. I am working on it, but I am busy with life, so, I don't get much time to code.

On 13/05/2016 at 2:54 PM, Darius359au said:

@King Raptor here you go http://undeniable.info/pz/SilencerMod.php

Link to the ORGM version is at the bottom

Couldn't even try now. Just got updated to 34.25 and every time I right click an item on a shelf, there's that red box thing with numbers. I didn't see that "ORGM Silencer" back then only the Silencer. Thanks!

Hey ORMtnMan!

First of all let me tell you, your mod is awesome. Makes the game a lot better. Secondly, I'd like to have a question. I don't know how difficult it is, I'm not a modder myself. I'm only asking you to "listen". What I'd really like to see in this mod, is a small change on the Colt Python's model. Mainly, I'm talking about the full barrel underlug. I'm a big fan of this gun, so to me, it's a bit strange it uses the same model, as most S&W revolvers. The Python's most recognizable part is the barrel, with the full underlug and the ventilated rib. I know it's a small thing, but this small thing could make a big difference. Of course it wouldn't add anything when it comes to functionality, but Python is also an attractive revolver, that's one of the many reasons why people like it. So is it possible it gets an own model, different from the Smith&Wessons? It doesn't have to be anything big, this game isn't about graphics anyway. Adding the underlug would be more than enough (maybe the ventilated ribs but I don't know if it would be visible or not)...Looking forward to your answer, and please, consider this as a simple question not a request.

Hello ORMtnMan !

Can't wait for the release of the new version of your mod ! :-D (Watch the subject for a while)

Just a small question (sorry if i already asked it last time...:oops:) : Did you will add a way to personalize the gun loot ?

(Because, last time i tried to change the gun distribution, i remember you give me advices to change the spawn rate of guns by editing the distribution file.lua, the first time I succeeded but the second one i make the game crash, i can't remeber what i changed correctly in the first time, i read again the advices that you given, i can't understand it again...Sorry :cry: ).

Or as you said in the futur plan of the mod, to change gun distribution in house, but i think you already change it for this version...:? Check it in the to-do-mod list, and i don't see it.

Otherwise keep up the good work :-D I follow you !

Edited by Twister

On 5/20/2016 at 11:23 AM, Drutar said:

Hey ORMtnMan!

First of all let me tell you, your mod is awesome. Makes the game a lot better. Secondly, I'd like to have a question. I don't know how difficult it is, I'm not a modder myself. I'm only asking you to "listen". What I'd really like to see in this mod, is a small change on the Colt Python's model. Mainly, I'm talking about the full barrel underlug. I'm a big fan of this gun, so to me, it's a bit strange it uses the same model, as most S&W revolvers. The Python's most recognizable part is the barrel, with the full underlug and the ventilated rib. I know it's a small thing, but this small thing could make a big difference. Of course it wouldn't add anything when it comes to functionality, but Python is also an attractive revolver, that's one of the many reasons why people like it. So is it possible it gets an own model, different from the Smith&Wessons? It doesn't have to be anything big, this game isn't about graphics anyway. Adding the underlug would be more than enough (maybe the ventilated ribs but I don't know if it would be visible or not)...Looking forward to your answer, and please, consider this as a simple question not a request.

That's doable when I redo the entire modding system.  As for custom models, yes and no. It is possible, but I Don't have the skills for modeling (yet) so I rely on others to make the models. If I ever get time, I might be able to do custom models for each gun, but that is a stretch (and I mean stretch) goal for me to do by myself.

On 5/24/2016 at 0:08 PM, Twister said:

Hello ORMtnMan !

Can't wait for the release of the new version of your mod ! :-D (Watch the subject for a while)

Just a small question (sorry if i already asked it last time...:oops:) : Did you will add a way to personalize the gun loot ?

(Because, last time i tried to change the gun distribution, i remember you give me advices to change the spawn rate of guns by editing the distribution file.lua, the first time I succeeded but the second one i make the game crash, i can't remeber what i changed correctly in the first time, i read again the advices that you given, i can't understand it again...Sorry :cry: ).

Or as you said in the futur plan of the mod, to change gun distribution in house, but i think you already change it for this version...:? Check it in the to-do-mod list, and i don't see it.

Otherwise keep up the good work :-D I follow you !

Not yet, I haven't even updated in the last couple months (or 6-7months >.>) I will be adding it, don't worry.

DO GUN'S EVEN WORK? :c

I stocked up an entire police station of ammo and guns, to try test/try each gun. After gathering my own horde of zombies to test each weapon, to see each's potential. I only witness the disappointment of them. I used an LMG of 200 bullets and firing each and every last bullet into the crowd of zombies, it only kills one or two at the most! Thinking it must just be the gun I switch to the classic M4 and fire 15 bullets into a single zombie and the shots didn't even phase it!!!!!!!! Being sick to the stomach because how much I was hyped about trying the mod, only to be disappointed; I got off and haven't got on since.

Please tell me there is some kinda explanation for this. 

P.S I'd also like to mention the LMG broke in 4 magazines, I don't know if this is a balancing issue because it fires so many bullets so quickly, or what.

5 hours ago, UNseenHUNTER615 said:

DO GUN'S EVEN WORK? :c

I stocked up an entire police station of ammo and guns, to try test/try each gun. After gathering my own horde of zombies to test each weapon, to see each's potential. I only witness the disappointment of them. I used an LMG of 200 bullets and firing each and every last bullet into the crowd of zombies, it only kills one or two at the most! Thinking it must just be the gun I switch to the classic M4 and fire 15 bullets into a single zombie and the shots didn't even phase it!!!!!!!! Being sick to the stomach because how much I was hyped about trying the mod, only to be disappointed; I got off and haven't got on since.

Please tell me there is some kinda explanation for this. 

P.S I'd also like to mention the LMG broke in 4 magazines, I don't know if this is a balancing issue because it fires so many bullets so quickly, or what.

The mod is not updated for the current version hence why it doesn't work. I'd suggest reading the mod pages for information next time mate.

16 minutes ago, Khaos said:

The mod is not updated for the current version hence why it doesn't work. I'd suggest reading the mod pages for information next time mate.

It 'works fine in the latest update ,just need to reistall the jab modeloader for the latest version!

@unseenhunter615 have you tried turning off all your mods except for ORGM? could be a mod conflict ,also have you tried waiting a second or so while aiming before shooting ,way the system works is you need to right click and pause to aim now for the most accurate shot.

Edit - Ok ModelLoader is'nt working in the latest version so I just discoverd when I tried to play ,ORGM's fine just invisible weapons till the modelloader catches up.

Edited by Darius359au