ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

4 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Just to confirm as I can't get this working right now but is this mod and the modloader compatible  with 34.13?

Sorry been out the loop on pz for a while thank you.

Yes but the sound might be a bit wonky on multiplayer

2 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Lol, pay me money and maybe we can talk ;-)

Whilst I cant magic the money together, I would like to say it was rather amusing watching a death match on Redboid where all participants were given Henry Big Boys and 50 ammo!

HI, maybe someone can help me out. Im using the New Dawn RP pack mod that is integrated with Hydrocraft and ORGM, and thers' a bug found:

In multiplayer Vanilla weapons are fine but ORGM guns can spread their sound only just 10 tiles away, means if u are 11 tiles away from the shooter u can't even hear the gunshot sound. Any idea what might be the problem?

Edited by dko112

2 hours ago, dko112 said:

HI, maybe someone can help me out. Im using the New Dawn RP pack mod that is integrated with Hydrocraft and ORGM, and thers' a bug found:

In multiplayer Vanilla weapons are fine but ORGM guns can spread their sound only just 10 tiles away, means if u are 11 tiles away from the shooter u can't even hear the gunshot sound. Any idea what might be the problem?

That has to do with the change in how sounds are handled in the base game. Not much you can do for it right now, but I will have it fixed in the next version when I have the time to finish it.

On 08.03.2016 at 9:25 PM, francogp said:

can you reformat your instructions? the new forum destroy them :o 

56 minutes ago, ORMtnMan said:

That has to do with the change in how sounds are handled in the base game. Not much you can do for it right now, but I will have it fixed in the next version when I have the time to finish it.

Got it. Its the way sounds are packed it. Right?

Working on build 33?

EDIT:Ok,got this.It's working,but i have another question.Why i can't see 3dmodels of weapons? I just have empty hands :/ I can see only when i have no3dmodels,but i rly want those 3d :/

EDIT;Okay,i got this.My modloader was outdated.

Edited by jackkacperek2

Hey @ORMtnMan, do you have any percentages to give on the spawn rate of your mod's weapons in general? I don't know whether I am extremely lucky or this is nothing out of the ordinary, but I seem to come across a gun on almost every third house I enter.

1 hour ago, Edd said:

Hey @ORMtnMan, do you have any percentages to give on the spawn rate of your mod's weapons in general? I don't know whether I am extremely lucky or this is nothing out of the ordinary, but I seem to come across a gun on almost every third house I enter.

Must be fairly lucky. The spawn rate is about 5% per qualifying container in a house (so wardrobes and drawers). if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, ORMtnMan said:

Must be fairly lucky. The spawn rate is about 5% per qualifying container in a house (so wardrobes and drawers). if I remember correctly.

Man, that explains. I don't think I've ever played a zombie survival game where the spawn rate of firearms has been above maybe half of that % (something about 2.5% that devs of those games seem to like). Not like I mind it, those guns cause me more trouble than good (after being unable to unload a magazine to get the rounds out of it and declaring the gun empty, I pulled the trigger. That was not the right thing to do, lol).

I found some guns here to fill in some gaps and give more diversity to guns with more rare ammo types. But before the useful ones, here's some I thought would be cool to have in the game.

Korth Super Sport - This Gerry made .357 Mag is one of the ultimate 'tacticool' revolvers out there, and she's fresh off the line to boot. The main feature of the weapon as handguns magazine put it 'has more  rails than a subway', and true to their word, it has 4 rails, one for each side of the 6 inch barrel. Holds 6 rounds, designed for .357, so you can load it up with .38's too, and it's true that you can load one chambered for .38's with .357's, but those bullets will tear that gun apart. Just saying, because the more things I can put into a gun, the happier I am. Anyway, she weighs 3.64 lbs, DA and SA, comfort grip and lightweight hammer, and to top it all off, it's a competition revolver, hence the 'Sport' designation. This is a really expensive piece going on sale for 4 to 5 grand, so this is not a common gun, but it's a new one so it's not rare as say a Webley. Now taking a look at a 'clean' ORGM revolver script, I noticed that all the revolvers share the same accuracy and fire rate 9 and when I say 'accuracy' that's base hit chance 45 and max range 15 0 So whether or not you really want/need any data on that for revolvers,  honestly, I don't think that I would have the patience to give EVERY gun it's own range/hitchance stat, that's unreasonable. But I'll get digging on request if you need some data.

Origin - Where EA disgraced the name, the boys at Fostech Arms restored honor to it.  This Machina-reminiscent 12 gauge boasts a multitude of magazine options from 5, 8, 10, 20 and 30 round capacities and a weight of 9.1 lbs. The defining characteristic of the gun is that it is designed to be operated without having to remove the operator's hand from the pistol grip, always being at the ready.  She's a semi auto, gas operated shotty, mainstream marketing has begun recently and it has been met with much acclaim for its ease of use and its uncanny accuracy when loaded with slug rounds. Now again, I took a look at the scripts and it seems that all the shotguns are locked at a swingtime of 2, so I'm conflicted as to whether or not providing fire rate is necessary, but it is a semi auto, so it would vary wildly anyway, there is no consistent numerical value I can offer. The reason I'm suggesting this is really because it has the same appearance of TF2's Machina, but in shotgun form.

T2 MK5 Carbine - A contender for Australia's rifle trials, this full auto 5.56 9 and by extension .223 0 carbine takes STANAG's and fires at a rate of 700 rounds per minute with a weight of 7.5 lbs. As for history, this was used in Aussie rifle trials but was beat out by the AUG,  now rarity is a clear concern, with only about 2,000 making their way into these United States, so add it or don't at your discretion.

Here's another family of pistols, and very unique and convenient ones at that.

MPA57DMG - Take any given machine pistol and combine it with a Five-Seven; that's this gun. Full/Semi auto with complete compatibility with Five-Seven magazines, of course being chambered in 5.7 x 28mm, which is fantastic being that it's hard to come by other weapons with that round. Weighs 2.6 lbs with a fire rate of 600 rpm, and nearly as accurate as the P90, but as it is not necessarily designed to be fired with both hands, so trade off some accuracy and magazine capacity for considerably lighter weight.

MPA930DMG - Similar to the 57DMG, this gun shares the same basic design but is only semi auto, and instead of the incredible 5.7x28mm compatibility, it has the same with glocks. It will take any 9mm glock style magazine, and because they are so mechanically similar, shot side by side with the MPA57DMG, they have identical range and accuracy, but this gun is slightly heavier, at 2.85 lbs.

MPA30DMG - A larger framed version of the 930DMG, this gun is chambered for .40 SW, and will take any glock magazines that load that ammunition, again being just about the same mechanically as the 930, it has the same range and accuracy as that machine, but of course it is heftier, at 3.6 lbs. I really like any design that breaks the tired, bland 'metagame' that all the standard gun designs are heading towards which is why I'm suggesting these guns and other visually distinct weapons, and on top of that some of these actually work out pretty nice towards what the mod could use,  in this case, more 5.7x28mm's and .40SW's.

Hellcat - A pocket pistol perfectly designed with a name that screams 'LOOK AT HOW EDGY I AM'  this piece only weighs .6 lbs and takes a 6 round .380 ACP magazine. It has been hailed for its incredible durability and great concealed carry capabilities.  Semi auto, doesn't necessarily have superb accuracy, as expected. Figure another .380 would be useful to have, not a terrible gun either. A predecessor of the same name was discontinued, and this is the newest model being reintroduced to the market, to remove any confusion about the availability of the weapon.

Winchester Model 100 - Not to be confused with the Winchester Model 101, this semi auto hunting rifle was very popular when it was produced and is quite common today with over 260,000 manufactured before it was discontinued due to malfunctions. Not to worry though, Winchester issued a recall and offered to repair anyone's free of charge. It has a 5 round magazine and a very simple, durable design, but the kicker is that it is chambered for .243 Winchester, which I noticed was on the list, but there was only one gun to go with it which would be a shame. In addition to being produced in .243 Winchester, it was also produced in the more common .308 with a weight of 7.5 lbs.  I think it would be a good addition as a civilian common rifle, and it also makes adding .243 Winchester less redundant.

Winchester Model 70 - This gun is thankfully already in the mod so all the stats will be the same as the one already present. However I would like to point out that this gun was originally made for .243 Winchester, so now there will be three guns of that caliber if the Winchester Model 100 is accepted as well.

I think that's about it for now, I may have another larger suggestion soon, this was just a quick one.

I've noticed that semi-automatic weapons will fire automatically with just one pull of the trigger (left mouse button). For instance, the M1 Garand with a magazine size of 8 should require 8 pull of the trigger to cleat the magazine, but in-game I can simply hold down the trigger and fire off all 8 shots with minimal pause between shots. Is this intentional? 

26 minutes ago, daMastaChef said:

I've noticed that semi-automatic weapons will fire automatically with just one pull of the trigger (left mouse button). For instance, the M1 Garand with a magazine size of 8 should require 8 pull of the trigger to cleat the magazine, but in-game I can simply hold down the trigger and fire off all 8 shots with minimal pause between shots. Is this intentional? 

That's a "PZ needs to be changed" problem more so than an ORGM problem.

11 hours ago, daMastaChef said:

As EnigmaGrey said, it has to do with how the base game handles gun firing.  So I set the fire rate to emulate the character pulling the trigger with each shot.  Just something we need to deal with for now.

10 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

That's a "PZ needs to be changed" problem more so than an ORGM problem.

It's not that bad. There are higher priority items than this one.

17 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

Are you going to update the mod to add more guns and models?

Yes, Later this month I will be able to resume working on this mod, hopefully I should be able to get some more models. No guarantee as I am not a 3d modeller and I rely on others to get me those models.'

On 4/9/2016 at 9:41 AM, KINGKICKASS1552 said:

I found some guns here to fill in some gaps and give more diversity to guns with more rare ammo types. But before the useful ones, here's some I thought would be cool to have in the game.

Korth Super Sport - This Gerry made .357 Mag is one of the ultimate 'tacticool' revolvers out there, and she's fresh off the line to boot. The main feature of the weapon as handguns magazine put it 'has more  rails than a subway', and true to their word, it has 4 rails, one for each side of the 6 inch barrel. Holds 6 rounds, designed for .357, so you can load it up with .38's too, and it's true that you can load one chambered for .38's with .357's, but those bullets will tear that gun apart. Just saying, because the more things I can put into a gun, the happier I am. Anyway, she weighs 3.64 lbs, DA and SA, comfort grip and lightweight hammer, and to top it all off, it's a competition revolver, hence the 'Sport' designation. This is a really expensive piece going on sale for 4 to 5 grand, so this is not a common gun, but it's a new one so it's not rare as say a Webley. Now taking a look at a 'clean' ORGM revolver script, I noticed that all the revolvers share the same accuracy and fire rate 9 and when I say 'accuracy' that's base hit chance 45 and max range 15 0 So whether or not you really want/need any data on that for revolvers,  honestly, I don't think that I would have the patience to give EVERY gun it's own range/hitchance stat, that's unreasonable. But I'll get digging on request if you need some data.

Origin - Where EA disgraced the name, the boys at Fostech Arms restored honor to it.  This Machina-reminiscent 12 gauge boasts a multitude of magazine options from 5, 8, 10, 20 and 30 round capacities and a weight of 9.1 lbs. The defining characteristic of the gun is that it is designed to be operated without having to remove the operator's hand from the pistol grip, always being at the ready.  She's a semi auto, gas operated shotty, mainstream marketing has begun recently and it has been met with much acclaim for its ease of use and its uncanny accuracy when loaded with slug rounds. Now again, I took a look at the scripts and it seems that all the shotguns are locked at a swingtime of 2, so I'm conflicted as to whether or not providing fire rate is necessary, but it is a semi auto, so it would vary wildly anyway, there is no consistent numerical value I can offer. The reason I'm suggesting this is really because it has the same appearance of TF2's Machina, but in shotgun form.

T2 MK5 Carbine - A contender for Australia's rifle trials, this full auto 5.56 9 and by extension .223 0 carbine takes STANAG's and fires at a rate of 700 rounds per minute with a weight of 7.5 lbs. As for history, this was used in Aussie rifle trials but was beat out by the AUG,  now rarity is a clear concern, with only about 2,000 making their way into these United States, so add it or don't at your discretion.

Here's another family of pistols, and very unique and convenient ones at that.

MPA57DMG - Take any given machine pistol and combine it with a Five-Seven; that's this gun. Full/Semi auto with complete compatibility with Five-Seven magazines, of course being chambered in 5.7 x 28mm, which is fantastic being that it's hard to come by other weapons with that round. Weighs 2.6 lbs with a fire rate of 600 rpm, and nearly as accurate as the P90, but as it is not necessarily designed to be fired with both hands, so trade off some accuracy and magazine capacity for considerably lighter weight.

MPA930DMG - Similar to the 57DMG, this gun shares the same basic design but is only semi auto, and instead of the incredible 5.7x28mm compatibility, it has the same with glocks. It will take any 9mm glock style magazine, and because they are so mechanically similar, shot side by side with the MPA57DMG, they have identical range and accuracy, but this gun is slightly heavier, at 2.85 lbs.

MPA30DMG - A larger framed version of the 930DMG, this gun is chambered for .40 SW, and will take any glock magazines that load that ammunition, again being just about the same mechanically as the 930, it has the same range and accuracy as that machine, but of course it is heftier, at 3.6 lbs. I really like any design that breaks the tired, bland 'metagame' that all the standard gun designs are heading towards which is why I'm suggesting these guns and other visually distinct weapons, and on top of that some of these actually work out pretty nice towards what the mod could use,  in this case, more 5.7x28mm's and .40SW's.

Hellcat - A pocket pistol perfectly designed with a name that screams 'LOOK AT HOW EDGY I AM'  this piece only weighs .6 lbs and takes a 6 round .380 ACP magazine. It has been hailed for its incredible durability and great concealed carry capabilities.  Semi auto, doesn't necessarily have superb accuracy, as expected. Figure another .380 would be useful to have, not a terrible gun either. A predecessor of the same name was discontinued, and this is the newest model being reintroduced to the market, to remove any confusion about the availability of the weapon.

Winchester Model 100 - Not to be confused with the Winchester Model 101, this semi auto hunting rifle was very popular when it was produced and is quite common today with over 260,000 manufactured before it was discontinued due to malfunctions. Not to worry though, Winchester issued a recall and offered to repair anyone's free of charge. It has a 5 round magazine and a very simple, durable design, but the kicker is that it is chambered for .243 Winchester, which I noticed was on the list, but there was only one gun to go with it which would be a shame. In addition to being produced in .243 Winchester, it was also produced in the more common .308 with a weight of 7.5 lbs.  I think it would be a good addition as a civilian common rifle, and it also makes adding .243 Winchester less redundant.

Winchester Model 70 - This gun is thankfully already in the mod so all the stats will be the same as the one already present. However I would like to point out that this gun was originally made for .243 Winchester, so now there will be three guns of that caliber if the Winchester Model 100 is accepted as well.

I think that's about it for now, I may have another larger suggestion soon, this was just a quick one.

Again, you have a great block of suggestions!

Korth Super Sport - I want that gun. I'll put it on the list

Fostech Origin - Yes, more interesting tactical shotguns are welcome.

T2 MK5 - I'll add it under the Australian Automatic Arms SAC name as the T2 MK5 had a lot of malfunctions, lost out in trials to the Steyr Aug and the company folded in '83.

MPA57DMG - more 5.7 is welcome

MPA930DMG - magazine compatibility is awesome - looks like a modern mac-10

MPA30DMG - as above

Hellcat 380 - Yes

Winchester 100 - alright, could use more .243

Winchester 70 - Let me think about this one. I don't want people getting confused on what ammo loads into it. I probably will, though.

Nevermind, I don't think I'll add it. Looking through my list I already had 3 .243s: Remington 7400, Savage Axis and H&R 1871 Handi-Rifle

Edited by ORMtnMan