ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Oh my god no ! We need ORGM ! I need ORGM ! This is horrible... I don't know what to do.

Is there any chance you might find a solution for the model loader and then the rest?

Unfortunately, no. The coding he did required an understanding of java coding, which I don't have.

So it is either he does it or it would take me an incredibly long time to recreate it, which would postpone my mod update even longer.

How the new update going? Looking forward to the next version, we all are! Yours and Jabs work is much appreciated.

It's going, but slowly and frustrating. I am not incredibly good at coding and I am having to start at square one with the reloading code. I have lots of errors and bugs to work through, so, right now my newest update is not playable but it is showing some promise for the future.

Here's what I have (kinda) working

- context menus from multiple ammo types are showing up (but not working correctly

- new reload code to handle multiple ammo types and tables for ammo, works but I need to bug test once I get the context menus working correctly

- new revolver round selection code for realistic cylinders including rotating cylinders and requiring the gun to be opened and closed during reload

- code for ejection of empty shells either automatically with semi-auto or during reload with others

- ui script for stopping reload actions

- script for half-racking weapons. E.G. leaving them open for faster reloading

what needs to be done

- fix the context menus

- bugfix the reloading scripts

- need to code the effect of seeing what ammo type will be shot and what effect it has on the stats. I need to get the reloading part done first.

- fix imaged for the new ammo types

- adjust all the gun values to work with the new code once I have it fully working

- work up the fire mode changing to not require a full switch out of guns... as that system sucks.

- add new guns

- probably more things/problems I have yet to encounter/think of right now

So that is where I am right at this moment. I am stuck on a huge annoying context menu problem.

Will you make it able to drop a round/ Chamber a bullet without the need to take in and out the mag?

How the new update going? Looking forward to the next version, we all are! Yours and Jabs work is much appreciated.

It's going, but slowly and frustrating. I am not incredibly good at coding and I am having to start at square one with the reloading code. I have lots of errors and bugs to work through, so, right now my newest update is not playable but it is showing some promise for the future.

Here's what I have (kinda) working

- context menus from multiple ammo types are showing up (but not working correctly

- new reload code to handle multiple ammo types and tables for ammo, works but I need to bug test once I get the context menus working correctly

- new revolver round selection code for realistic cylinders including rotating cylinders and requiring the gun to be opened and closed during reload

- code for ejection of empty shells either automatically with semi-auto or during reload with others

- ui script for stopping reload actions

- script for half-racking weapons. E.G. leaving them open for faster reloading

what needs to be done

- fix the context menus

- bugfix the reloading scripts

- need to code the effect of seeing what ammo type will be shot and what effect it has on the stats. I need to get the reloading part done first.

- fix imaged for the new ammo types

- adjust all the gun values to work with the new code once I have it fully working

- work up the fire mode changing to not require a full switch out of guns... as that system sucks.

- add new guns

- probably more things/problems I have yet to encounter/think of right now

So that is where I am right at this moment. I am stuck on a huge annoying context menu problem.

Will you make it able to drop a round/ Chamber a bullet without the need to take in and out the mag?

I can, sure

when you say "new guns". Do you have some sort of list of what these will be?

Check the front page under guns I will add, I am intending on the first set of guns

I have a friend looking into the new code now, since forgive me if I'm wrong, but did Jab say 33 is his LAST build, or he''ll stop after 33? I don't know if youre in communication with him or not.

Not sure, just read that he will do a 33 update, but I haven't talked to him since that decision

How's it coming? Sorry to bug ya with that question but I've grown so in love with the mod you created that the idea of playing PZ without it doesn't really appeal to me >.< (no offense PZ devs personal preference and all that)

Well, I am incredibly busy right now with (real) work.

I am making some progress with the next version but I find myself unable to upkeep the old version time-wise.

So, if anyone wants to volunteer to keep that up I would much appreciate it!

I unfortunately don't have any experience modding this game :/ I helped make a mod for MC, made a mod for rimworld, made 2 for CoE3, and am experimenting with one for Distant Worlds universe, though most of the things I've done is text editing and light code work (plus low res texture creation for the rimworld one).... I hope you get someone though as this mod is truly the best on the market

Pistol Caliber Carbines?

-AR15s in 9mm

-Lever Action Rifles in .357/.44/.45 Colt (You got the Henry Big Boy already)

-Glock Carbine Kits

-Henry in .22

-etc.

Would be cool to hear your opinion on this Topic ORMtnMan.

Sure on the additional ar-15 caliber rifles and the henry 22 (Classic lever-action)

Which .357/.44/.45 colt lever actions are you looking for?

Glock carbine kits, maybe but later, I don't like how the conversion script happens right now so I will figure out a new way. Maybe as an attachment.

Pistol Caliber Carbines?

-AR15s in 9mm

-Glock Carbine Kits

-Henry in .22

-etc.

Sure on the additional ar-15 caliber rifles and the henry 22 (Classic lever-action)

Glock carbine kits, maybe but later, I don't like how the conversion script happens right now so I will figure out a new way. Maybe as an attachment.

Thank you for your respond.

I made a quick list for Pistol Caliber Carbines I would like.

Kel-tec Sub 2000

Uberti Colt Lightning Pump

Citadel M1 (M1 Carbine in 9mm)

Ruger 77/357   /44

Uberti 1860 Henry

Pistol Caliber Carbines?

-AR15s in 9mm

-Glock Carbine Kits

-Henry in .22

-etc.

Thank you for your respond.

I made a quick list for Pistol Caliber Carbines I would like.

Kel-tec Sub 2000

Uberti Colt Lightning Pump

Citadel M1 (M1 Carbine in 9mm)

Ruger 77/357   /44

Uberti 1860 Henry

Awesome, I will add them to the lists of guns to add!

Hey I just had a thought after seeing some Zombie Nation & shooting a .30 cal.

How about having a heavy MG like this in your mod? Make it super heavy so people can't run and gun with it or steal easily (Like 40 weight)

Would act as a fixed emplacement for bases. Would require a large gun model as players would leave it on the ground and equip when necessary. Perhaps instead of a tripod though it might look better on a monopod.

Would also looks cool af :)

Sounds needs to be fixed for multiplayer as of Build 33. Cannot hear shots being fire more than roughly 5 meters away from another player.

I know, it is one of the things I need to figure out, but I am trying to get the new reload code to work (more important to me).

Hey I just had a thought after seeing some Zombie Nation & shooting a .30 cal.

How about having a heavy MG like this in your mod? Make it super heavy so people can't run and gun with it or steal easily (Like 40 weight)

Would act as a fixed emplacement for bases. Would require a large gun model as players would leave it on the ground and equip when necessary. Perhaps instead of a tripod though it might look better on a monopod.

Would also looks cool af :)

I have some plans for heavy machine guns, but they will have to be a bit later. I did find a code to make it so a player cannot move from a fixed point. I just need to implement it.