ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Any chance we can get a status update?

Also, how would I go about accessing and editing the code of this mod?  It'd be strictly for my own tinkering, mostly with spawn frequencies and such, but I'd like to start making heads and tails of Lua.  If I ever get to a point where I'm comfortable with it maybe I'll get more ambitious and try to lend you a hand.

Ask Antize if you can use his mods suppresors.

No, I know how/what to do for suppressors and they will be added in a future update. Also, it is not  as easy as adding suppressors from another mod copy and paste code wise. The way weapon attachments work is much different. So, be patient.

Any chance we can get a status update?

Also, how would I go about accessing and editing the code of this mod?  It'd be strictly for my own tinkering, mostly with spawn frequencies and such, but I'd like to start making heads and tails of Lua.  If I ever get to a point where I'm comfortable with it maybe I'll get more ambitious and try to lend you a hand.

Well, I am finally done writing the main chunk of the reloading code, I am currently testing and fixing bugs in this function, I need to work on changing the racking function, redoing the entire distributions script and making a new function for changing fire modes.  I also need to code all the new guns and ammo types I am adding. Redoing the attachment system will be in another update, I want to finish and release the first section so people stop complaining ;) 

You can tinker in the mod folder in the media/lua is where most of the code is. Though the current version of the mod has none of the changes I have made thus far. but you can play around in there.

The KSG and DP12 bith look super. The ciappa too.

I still believe you should focus on making the firing modes and unload function work properly on all guns before adding any new gun. I know you're aware of that, I say this to people who always want more guns. Bug fixing should be top priority imo.

Also the gun sounds are great. Awesome actually. You should keep them as varied and awesome as they are !

The KSG and DP12 bith look super. The ciappa too.

I still believe you should focus on making the firing modes and unload function work properly on all guns before adding any new gun. I know you're aware of that, I say this to people who always want more guns. Bug fixing should be top priority imo.

Also the gun sounds are great. Awesome actually. You should keep them as varied and awesome as they are !

When I say it is on the list, I mean I will add it after I finish fixing everything :) I hope people know that when they suggest.

Hey is the Browning BAR you will add the WW2 .30-06 or the hunting rifle one?

I believe the one on the list is the WW2 .30-06. (It should say the round next to the name on the list of guns to add)

I was looking at the 2 do list and saw something about "Trophy weapons", would these be like really rare weapons for example a Browning Millennium, or would they have special perks or names like an extra large magazine or further range or an internal silencer. Just curious.

I was looking at the 2 do list and saw something about "Trophy weapons", would these be like really rare weapons for example a Browning Millennium, or would they have special perks or names like an extra large magazine or further range or an internal silencer. Just curious.

Im pretty sure there special named guns that may be slightly more powerful then there alternative also they (may?) Have special textures and only one of a certain type of trophy weapon exists in the world at a time

fluffe is right, it will be an addition down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest version of the mod will not work with the latest version of the Java model loader under 32.30.

ORGM.lua must be modified, changing the line starting with "dir =" to "dir = getDir(MOD_ID);"

Post that over on the modelloader forum too

We've got missing models with the build 33 :( Any hotfixes we can do in the meantime to fix it? I got a whole server of RP'ers waiting on it! Thanks you for your time!

Nope, not until Jab gets the update done... as I have said many times, this is why it sucks to mod for in-development games.

Also, is sucks to be a user of mods in in-development games. Things keep changing, modders and running to catch up (sometimes) and they can get burnt out so mods lose their support.

It is hard for me to keep up with the updates to the game. I am trucking along coding when I can, but, it is at the pace I can do. Probably not fast enough for most, but, I can't do anything about that.

Sorry to hear that :( But if it helps, everyone loves your stuff! CZ75 <3

Well, bad news for you and probably everyone in existence (LOL). Jab has decided to possibly discontinue the support of his mod... which means I and everyone who uses my mod may be SoL. I don't have the coding skills to do what he did, I barely have the skills to do what I do...

That said, if he chooses to not support his mod, he will be sorely missed, and I am not sure what I will be able to do going forward...

Sorry to hear that :( But if it helps, everyone loves your stuff! CZ75 <3

Well, bad news for you and probably everyone in existence (LOL). Jab has decided to possibly discontinue the support of his mod... which means I and everyone who uses my mod may be SoL. I don't have the coding skills to do what he did, I barely have the skills to do what I do...

That said, if he chooses to not support his mod, he will be sorely missed, and I am not sure what I will be able to do going forward...

Yeah, we shall see. It will suck. Hopefully TIS will implement it in the base game code?

I will keep trucking away at my code but it will be very very slow. Right now is my busy work season, so, I will get bits of coding in here and there, but it will be too slow for most.

How the new update going? Looking forward to the next version, we all are! Yours and Jabs work is much appreciated.

It's going, but slowly and frustrating. I am not incredibly good at coding and I am having to start at square one with the reloading code. I have lots of errors and bugs to work through, so, right now my newest update is not playable but it is showing some promise for the future.

Here's what I have (kinda) working

- context menus from multiple ammo types are showing up (but not working correctly

- new reload code to handle multiple ammo types and tables for ammo, works but I need to bug test once I get the context menus working correctly

- new revolver round selection code for realistic cylinders including rotating cylinders and requiring the gun to be opened and closed during reload

- code for ejection of empty shells either automatically with semi-auto or during reload with others

- ui script for stopping reload actions

- script for half-racking weapons. E.G. leaving them open for faster reloading

what needs to be done

- fix the context menus

- bugfix the reloading scripts

- need to code the effect of seeing what ammo type will be shot and what effect it has on the stats. I need to get the reloading part done first.

- fix imaged for the new ammo types

- adjust all the gun values to work with the new code once I have it fully working

- work up the fire mode changing to not require a full switch out of guns... as that system sucks.

- add new guns

- probably more things/problems I have yet to encounter/think of right now

So that is where I am right at this moment. I am stuck on a huge annoying context menu problem.