ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

They are  easier to pick up and drop than the boxes. Also, you can break them down into boxes.

OK but consider this: they may be slightly faster to move around containers but containers must have plenty of space to store them, whereas you can put some boxes in a bag and some others in another bag... I think the very advantage of bigger containers is that they are less cumbersome from bullets to boxes to canisters. Just sharing my opinion I won't insist any more than this :)

Also, if this is the right thread to do it i'd like to report that the AR15 doesn't allow to eject magazine when you switch it to 5.56 rounds.

You have a fair point,I have a problem with making it lighter than the actual weight of the ammo

Yes absolutely, but that will be fixed in the next version!

Hey here's an idea for you :

When build 33 is out (or whenever you want for that matter) you should place a gun shop or a shooting range named ORMtnMan ! You'll display a few guns there, maybe rarer maybe not. it should be a little remote so it doesn't impede with possible future map changes :) and for those that have loot respawn deactivated, it's a way to get your new guns or at least updated ones !

When build 33 is out (or whenever you want for that matter) you should place a gun shop or a shooting range named ORMtnMan ! You'll display a few guns there, maybe rarer maybe not. it should be a little remote so it doesn't impede with possible future map changes :) and for those that have loot respawn deactivated, it's a way to get your new guns or at least updated ones !

That may be possible, but further down the road. It is harder to make a specific set of containers that won't be replicated by the normal gun shops, but, still possible.

Even without loot respawn you can find them on dead bodies at least.

Good idea though, but later

That may be possible, but further down the road. It is harder to make a specific set of containers that won't be replicated by the normal gun shops, but, still possible.

Even without loot respawn you can find them on dead bodies at least.

Good idea though, but later

That being said though, I think gun shops could use a higher volume of rare guns, in my opinion. The ones around where I live usually stock about as many novelty guns (Desert Eagles, Magnums, submachineguns, vintage, etc) as they do things like AR15s and AKs.

Which, again in my opinion, those AKs and AR15s would be the first to get looted over the arguably less useful collection of black powder pistols.

Oh, I'd like to report another bug. More like an exploit. Everytime you switch between full-auto and semi-auto t's like you get a new gun because if its magazine was ejected then it gets a brand new one. If there were bullets in the magazine, they are lost upon switching. Also the gun gets unequipped. This was tested with a SIG550

I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it's condition gets restored too. I'll try it and edit this post.

Thought you'd like to know...

Oh, I'd like to report another bug. More like an exploit. Everytime you switch between full-auto and semi-auto t's like you get a new gun because if its magazine was ejected then it gets a brand new one. If there were bullets in the magazine, they are lost upon switching. Also the gun gets unequipped. This was tested with a SIG550

I haven't tried it yet but I'm sure it's condition gets restored too. I'll try it and edit this post.

Thought you'd like to know...

Yeah, oversight in how that was handled. Will be fixed in the next version.

Howdy! Didn't find the answer, so tell me please, how can i modify the guns? I need some special tools or something? It is really hard to understand. 

What are you trying to edit?

I have tried to put x8 scope to HK SL8 and a foregrip to VEPR. And, one more thing - i can't load .45 colt ammo into my 1911.

Oh, hell, forget i've asked. I haven't played for half of a year and totally forgot about a screwdriver. 

Edited by Soberphobic

I have tried to put x8 scope to HK SL8 and a foregrip to VEPR. And, one more thing - i can't load .45 colt ammo into my 1911.

Oh, hell, forget i've asked. I haven't played for half of a year and totally forgot about a screwdriver. 

That kinda modding would be in the media/scripts/ORGMMods.txt

Once there, just add the gun code to the list next to each mod.

The gun cods can be found in the other text files in that folder.

With those you can use normal notepad, but for other modding I would recommend downloading notepad++

--Oh nevermind--

Also, .45 colt does not load into 1911s, .45 colt is an older longer round than the .45 ACP which the 1911 uses.

The .45 colt was very popular for use in the colt single action army and some lever action rifles of the day.

So.. what is the last release this mod supports? 32.30?

Thanks.

Yes, no IWBUMS

Thanks.

It works with the last stable version so yes 32.30. It also works with IWBUMS 33 when I last played but models won't load so you'll be holding invisible guns. ORMtnMan doesn't wish to support IWBUMS (If I may speak for him).

Thanks.

It works with the last stable version so yes 32.30. It also works with IWBUMS 33 when I last played but models won't load so you'll be holding invisible guns. ORMtnMan doesn't wish to support IWBUMS (If I may speak for him).

Yep

On the reboid server, when i changed the AR-15 to use 5.56 ammo, it didn't need ammo anymore. I counted at least 50 shots in a row, and you can't see how many bullets are currently in the gun. Big exploit.

This is a few days ago, so my memory may be acting up. The Benelli shotgun didn't do any damage on a horde with slugs, when i fired around 20 shots with it with no panic, and lvl 3 accuracy.

Great mod btw :)

EDIT: Glock 17 is bugged, have got 20/17 bullets in it, and i can unload to infinity it seems.

On the reboid server, when i changed the AR-15 to use 5.56 ammo, it didn't need ammo anymore. I counted at least 50 shots in a row, and you can't see how many bullets are currently in the gun. Big exploit.

This is a few days ago, so my memory may be acting up. The Benelli shotgun didn't do any damage on a horde with slugs, when i fired around 20 shots with it with no panic, and lvl 3 accuracy.

Great mod btw :)

Most of those issues will be fixed in the next update because I am fixing how multiple ammo types are addressed.

As for the shotguns, the slugs do not have spread so you need to aim much better with them.

Thanks! I am working really hard to get this next version out. I think everyone will love it once it is done.

stuff

Most of those issues will be fixed in the next update because I am fixing how multiple ammo types are addressed.

As for the shotguns, the slugs do not have spread so you need to aim much better with them.

Thanks! I am working really hard to get this next version out. I think everyone will love it once it is done.

Sounds great :) Okay, just found it weird with the slugs, and i used another shotgun right after, and it did hit much better (with same amount of accuracy)

I'm sure we will :)

I just tried current mod version on 33.7 and it crashes my server, dunno if it works in single mod, but its 100% not working. 

Note the title says build 32.30, not 33.7. It's not IWBUMS compatible (at least not the modloader side).

Yup, i know, just mentioned that so others can know whats is wrong with it now.

great mod! Really appreciate all your hard work, I love finding a stash of guns with tons of ammo I'm scared to use :D quick question, Do the attachments show on the guns model? And is there a place that says what each attachment does? effects kind thing. And last how do you use the guns flashlight and does it require batteries?

Thank you again me and all my friendsreally appreciate it :)

great mod! Really appreciate all your hard work, I love finding a stash of guns with tons of ammo I'm scared to use :D quick question, Do the attachments show on the guns model? And is there a place that says what each attachment does? effects kind thing. And last how do you use the guns flashlight and does it require batteries?

Thank you again me and all my friendsreally appreciate it :)

No, the models aren't set up to do that yet. It is possible, though, Maybe in the future if I can coax the people that already make my models to do it.

The only place that currently shows the exact changes of the mods is in the media/scripts/ORGMMods.txt

Though, how they are handled will change a bit in the next eventual update.