ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Hey Ormnt can i have permission to publish a modified version of your mod on the steam workshop? Was intended for Zeeks haven so we can get rid of some of the full auto guns from the loot tables and have them as event rewards and might do a few balancing of our own. Youd be given full credit of course just having it on the workshop makes it easier for our players. Would essentialy domesticate the firearms down to civiliian variants.

Hey Ormnt can i have permission to publish a modified version of your mod on the steam workshop? Was intended for Zeeks haven so we can get rid of some of the full auto guns from the loot tables and have them as event rewards and might do a few balancing of our own. Youd be given full credit of course just having it on the workshop makes it easier for our players. Would essentialy domesticate the firearms down to civiliian variants.

Absolutely! Thanks for asking!

Hey what is the file/ command to remove something from the spawn table? I figured out how to edit what I needed to but I am lost when it comes to the loot table.

You need to go to the distributions lua, and toard the bottom there are tables of weapons and ammo in categories. remove them there.

Just finished it last night and uploaded to the steam workshop. Still gotta tweak a few other things like fix all the bolt actions to behave a bit more realistically like more damage then their semi autos variants. WIll all add more things so for admins to host events with and some admins tools. Maybe even special variants of guns with better stats then the regular version that admins can spawn in as rewards, like a legendary weapon.

Do you know what the numerical values of Aiming Time = means? Well I can infer but I want to know the stats such as assault rifles are all set to aim time to be 20 while pistols are 40 and shotguns are 55. Im wondering if the higher value means a shorter time? or a longer time?

Also the angle of a gun. I understand that angle relates to the elevation I was just wondering if I could make them more viable from the rooftops by editing the value?

Just finished it last night and uploaded to the steam workshop. Still gotta tweak a few other things like fix all the bolt actions to behave a bit more realistically like more damage then their semi autos variants. WIll all add more things so for admins to host events with and some admins tools. Maybe even special variants of guns with better stats then the regular version that admins can spawn in as rewards, like a legendary weapon.

How/Why would a bolt action do more damage than a semi auto of the same caliber?

Do you know what the numerical values of Aiming Time = means? Well I can infer but I want to know the stats such as assault rifles are all set to aim time to be 20 while pistols are 40 and shotguns are 55. Im wondering if the higher value means a shorter time? or a longer time?

Also the angle of a gun. I understand that angle relates to the elevation I was just wondering if I could make them more viable from the rooftops by editing the value?

Aiming time is the number of time units to go from not accurate to max accuracy of the gun & skill of the user. So the lower aiming time means it takes less time for you to reach full accuracy by holding the right click.  I will need to go over those values again at some point.

The angle refers to the spread angle not the vertical angle. As far as I remember, the game doesn't handle shooting at zombies at a lower/higher level than you (yet).  So the angle represents the spread of your shot as it leaves the gun. So, the shotgun with have a wider angle of spread than a rifle.

Awesome made my life a lot easier. Was also wondering on additem so called legendary items like a shotgun called doorbreaker that would do like a 1000 damage to doors but not much else and other lil things like a debug rifle for admins to clear out zombies for an event by making it silent. Can I just create a new file under the gun scripts titled unique weapons and copy and paste say the script from the m249 rename it and add a different values and it still work? I have been meaning to test this but im not at my computer yet.

Yep as far as the code can tell that's a completely different item lol

Cool cook am making things like rick grime's .44 mad max's shotgun and other unique variants meant for server event rewards.

Yeah just be sure to give it a separate tag, so like the anaconda is coltanac in my revolver script, make yours grimesanac or something. That way the guns wont be confused.

Also be prepared, once I finally get around to finishing my new version (and assuming it works) you will need to redo most of your gun additions. The new version will handle guns very differently than the base game. I'll give you a full rundown of the changes when I get it working.

Yep as far as the code can tell that's a completely different item lol

Cool cook am making things like rick grime's .44 mad max's shotgun and other unique variants meant for server event rewards.

Yeah just be sure to give it a separate tag, so like the anaconda is coltanac in my revolver script, make yours grimesanac or something. That way the guns wont be confused.

Also be prepared, once I finally get around to finishing my new version (and assuming it works) you will need to redo most of your gun additions. The new version will handle guns very differently than the base game. I'll give you a full rundown of the changes when I get it working.

Always looking forward to new additions to your mod. Ill be prepared to redo everything thanks for the heads up!

I want to be able to add these guns into the test lua so I can spawn them in to make sure they work. I don't know how to get their IDs to work properly along with me trying to use necroforge as well. Can you show me a line of code to make a new item? Like I know Orgm.Ar10 how would I make an item ORGM.HomeWreaker

Edit: A bolt action rifle retains the gas pressure better causing a bullet to make more use of the propellant while a semi automatic rifle is more complex and takes away some of the gasses to chamber the round which is what makes it semiautomatic or a recoil operated system vs a bolt action system where the shooter is responsible for chambering the next round and all of the propellant gasses can be focused on the bullet. This is the reason why most Snipers still use bolt actions because you get more bang for your buck essentialy at the cost of fire rate.

I want to be able to add these guns into the test lua so I can spawn them in to make sure they work. I don't know how to get their IDs to work properly along with me trying to use necroforge as well. Can you show me a line of code to make a new item? Like I know Orgm.Ar10 how would I make an item ORGM.HomeWreaker

Edit: A bolt action rifle retains the gas pressure better causing a bullet to make more use of the propellant while a semi automatic rifle is more complex and takes away some of the gasses to chamber the round which is what makes it semiautomatic or a recoil operated system vs a bolt action system where the shooter is responsible for chambering the next round and all of the propellant gasses can be focused on the bullet. This is the reason why most Snipers still use bolt actions because you get more bang for your buck essentialy at the cost of fire rate.

It should work with the code style already laid out there... send me your code and I'll take a look.

Well that is interesting, does that pressure difference add enough to make a difference PZ wise?

First off this is a fantastic mod, really well made with a lot of effort put into it.  And I know the subject of silencers has been talked to death and the general consensus is that they are illegal in Kentucky and therefore shall not be found in the game.  But, there must have been some sort of military involvement when the outbreak started right?  I'm sure they had at least a few silencers on them, and as time has gone by and the remains of the military have been looted by survivors looking to survive the suppressors have gone from one overrun house toe the next, or one body to another and as such, they should be, albeit very rarely, possible to find in most places guns can be found, especially off dead bodies.

Anyway, that's at least my thoughts on the subject as I would love to see very rare drops of suppressors in the game, even if it is so I can do a TWD sort of life, where I seem to shoot more often then I attack with an axe.

First off this is a fantastic mod, really well made with a lot of effort put into it.  And I know the subject of silencers has been talked to death and the general consensus is that they are illegal in Kentucky and therefore shall not be found in the game.  But, there must have been some sort of military involvement when the outbreak started right?  I'm sure they had at least a few silencers on them, and as time has gone by and the remains of the military have been looted by survivors looking to survive the suppressors have gone from one overrun house toe the next, or one body to another and as such, they should be, albeit very rarely, possible to find in most places guns can be found, especially off dead bodies.

Anyway, that's at least my thoughts on the subject as I would love to see very rare drops of suppressors in the game, even if it is so I can do a TWD sort of life, where I seem to shoot more often then I attack with an axe.

They're coming. Silencers are only quasi-illegal. As a civvie, you can get them with a tax stamp, which is basically a license to own them. They are useful for livestock farmers that need to shoot at coyotes or wolves without spooking their livestock.

So, don't worry.

They won't be completely silent, the guns still put off a sound even with subsonic ammo. The slide racking back and forth still makes noise.

There are guns that work where the slide won't rack on firing, but they are few and far between.

It should work with the code style already laid out there... send me your code and I'll take a look.

Well that is interesting, does that pressure difference add enough to make a difference PZ wise?

Yes it makes enough of a difference for a shooter when picking a sniper rifle or for competition shooting. I Represent this ingame by increase the damage on bolts by about 0.2 and up the crit rate by 10 from the default 20. I dont want to have a tier progression system and am focusing on making everygun have its own personality and quirks. While some guns can be an downright upgrade I want to limit those as much as i can so to make the players choice of firearm based on that weapons characteristics rather then it just being better. Also need to change the fire rate on some rifles because when you hit 10 reloading some bolt actions and semis fire like full autos(the mosin is a prime example) I want the tradeoff between semis and bolts to be firepower, accuracy, crit rate, time to aim, and fire rate. I just changed the spawn values to make assualt rifles more rarer now mainly because i want to see all of the guns used and the point of this little project is to make it worth it to use those other guns.

Hey to add firearms with different ammo types you coukd just do the same thing with the convertable guns and make them convert to that round and jsut make the new gun have like a higher crit rate for using hollowpoint and armor piercing rounds allows it to pierce zombies, Have like matchgrade rifle rounds that increase damage but reduce the condition more. I could do this if i understood lua a bit better but once i figure out how to make new guns this shouldnt be to hard.

Also, how would one change it so that magazines load almost instantly or at least a lot faster?  Takes me like 3 days to reload all my magazines when I loot a police station or the gun store.  I'm terrible at coding or even entering where all this good stuff is found so if someone could walk me through this step by step... that would be helpful ahaha  :D

ORMtnMan, are you aware about the 'Colt Single Action Army' not having to be racked after each shot?

It only requires a single action.. Get it :)http://www.gunbooks.com/gfx/colt_sa.jpg

That might help if you like a good read.

Single action requires the hammer to be reset manual per shot. Does the CSAA not actually need standard single action operation?

Was Making a joke refering to the gun ingame only doing one action. 

Also, how would one change it so that magazines load almost instantly or at least a lot faster?  Takes me like 3 days to reload all my magazines when I loot a police station or the gun store.  I'm terrible at coding or even entering where all this good stuff is found so if someone could walk me through this step by step... that would be helpful ahaha  :D

Have you actually ever tried hand reloading a magazine? It is a pain and can take forever unless you are good at it. Anyway, if you feel like changing it, go to the media\lua\shared\reloading folder, there are two files, ORGMReloadUtil and ORGMReloadUtil2. Look for the magazine you want to edit in those two files (or all of them) and find the value reloadTime. Set that as low as you want.

You will probably need some sort of program to edit the LUA, I use Notepad++ which you can download for free. Just pop the name into Google and you will find it.

ORMtnMan, are you aware about the 'Colt Single Action Army' not having to be racked after each shot?

It only requires a single action.. Get it :)http://www.gunbooks.com/gfx/colt_sa.jpg

That might help if you like a good read.

Single action requires the hammer to be reset manual per shot. Does the CSAA not actually need standard single action operation?

Single action revolvers need to have their hammer pulled back every time before they can fire. So, it is not a rack in the shotgun or bolt action sense, but it is generally the same thing.