ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Sir ORGM, I hear "Silencers are coming". When playing Antize's gun mod with his silenced weapons, I found it unbelievably frustrating, when I couldn't un-silence a firearm. In requesting this I was told it couldn't be done? PLZ can you add this feature when the silencers are added?

Sir ORGM, I hear "Silencers are coming". When playing Antize's gun mod with his silenced weapons, I found it unbelievably frustrating, when I couldn't un-silence a firearm. In requesting this I was told it couldn't be done? PLZ can you add this feature when the silencers are added?

I would imagine they're going to be implemented like standard weapon add-ons, so you'll probably be able to add/remove them like you would a red dot sight or any other addon. I'm not ORGM, though, so don't quote me on it :P

I would imagine they're going to be implemented like standard weapon add-ons, so you'll probably be able to add/remove them like you would a red dot sight or any other addon. I'm not ORGM, though, so don't quote me on it :P

Lol, yes, they are coming, I am working on a whole new attachment system. Silencers are included in the mods. It is entirely possible to add an remove attachments coding wise if you know what to do.

Lol, yes, they are coming, I am working on a whole new attachment system. Silencers are included in the mods. It is entirely possible to add an remove attachments coding wise if you know what to do.

Suffice to say I'm personally on the edge of my seat waiting for this suppressor update. I have a fairly massive stockpile of guns and ammo in the safehouse I made on my server, I just tend not to use them as they are simply beacons for zombies and nothing more. They may be effective at killing, but the amount they attract makes them the polar opposite of worth it. Suppressors will change this radically, and I dream of a day where I can take out a group of thirty or so from a distance, while going relatively unnoticed by their rotting friends. Eagerly anticipating this next update :D

Hey Sir ORMtnMan, THX for the reply, I assumed silenced weapons would have a silenced variant, like Antize, may I ask how you plan on making it. Would it be a weapon Mod? or a new variant of the weapon, like the semi-auto and pump-action?

Also I was wondering would you ever make the gun modifications have real names? IE 4x scope > ACOG Scope? Just an idea.

Suffice to say I'm personally on the edge of my seat waiting for this suppressor update. I have a fairly massive stockpile of guns and ammo in the safehouse I made on my server, I just tend not to use them as they are simply beacons for zombies and nothing more. They may be effective at killing, but the amount they attract makes them the polar opposite of worth it. Suppressors will change this radically, and I dream of a day where I can take out a group of thirty or so from a distance, while going relatively unnoticed by their rotting friends. Eagerly anticipating this next update :D

A lot of people have expressed a want for supressors. I never had trouble without them, though mostly I used shotguns, other guns I used when I thinned out the herds more.

Hey Sir ORMtnMan, THX for the reply, I assumed silenced weapons would have a silenced variant, like Antize, may I ask how you plan on making it. Would it be a weapon Mod? or a new variant of the weapon, like the semi-auto and pump-action?

Also I was wondering would you ever make the gun modifications have real names? IE 4x scope > ACOG Scope? Just an idea.

Antize does a recipe thing to combine two items into one, which, in most cases is permanent. Also the current attachment system doesn't allow for modification of gun "volume".

So, I am making a new attachment system (or working on to see if I can) that will be more robust in its attachment capabilities. More attachment slots, requirements for other mods to be present, like to mount a scope or sight on a pistol you need to attach a mount onto the frame of the pistol which would require some tools (depending). Recipes and variants are not good ways to go. My system will be directly modifying the weapons ModData While storing original values.

I might with the attachments, but then I would have to have THOUSANDS of different mods to account for all the different brands (each person would have their own suggestion). One person might like the ACOG, but another would also want a Leopold, or a Sureshot. Or for reflex sights There is Trijicon, Burris, Aimpoint, Sightmark, etc.

As I give that complaint I realize how hypocritical I am being considering the sheer number of guns (some of which are overly similar to others) in the mod. So I might consider it at some point.

K THX for the explanation ORMtnMan, almost as good as SVAROG C: have to say I'm looking forward to the more complicated weapon mod system. Unfortunately I have a bug to report, I found the worst thing imaginable for you, a BLOO item. BTW would you consider internally suppressed firearms? Thought that might be a way to hush the people who are going crazy for suppressors, or maybe bypass the complicated Barrel modification needed to have a suppressor (Also it would be nice if we required some aiming/reloading skill too attach weapon mods, just a thought). I'm not bothered know, I can wait for my suppressed M249. Or maybe a,Suppressed PKP Pecheneg, with a 250 round belt C;. On the topic are there going to be any new guns coming anytime soon? After writing this I realise the answer is "no" seeing how hard your working on suppressors.

K THX for the explanation ORMtnMan, almost as good as SVAROG C: have to say I'm looking forward to the more complicated weapon mod system. Unfortunately I have a bug to report, I found the worst thing imaginable for you, a BLOO item. BTW would you consider internally suppressed firearms? Thought that might be a way to hush the people who are going crazy for suppressors, or maybe bypass the complicated Barrel modification needed to have a suppressor (Also it would be nice if we required some aiming/reloading skill too attach weapon mods, just a thought). I'm not bothered know, I can wait for my suppressed M249. Or maybe a,Suppressed PKP Pecheneg, with a 250 round belt C;. On the topic are there going to be any new guns coming anytime soon? After writing this I realise the answer is "no" seeing how hard your working on suppressors.

Are you sure the bloo is from my mod? I will look through to try and find it. There are integrally suppressed weapons coming, but at the same time as the new version.  A suppressed M249 is insane! Yikes. I am adding a huge amount of guns with the new version, but nothing in the interim. I don't have time.

K, BTW because I love annoying you with bugs and rubbish suggestions (Nah not really), I have found something quite annoying, when using magazine fed weapons on any of the three difficulty's (specifically the berretta 92fs (I think)), there's a high chance of it "Jamming", it will make a noise and you'll see the muzzle flash, but it wont use any ammo in the mag or in the chamber and wont fire anything, permanently braking the gun. Can you explain this? is this a problem on my end? 

Here are my suggestions...

AA-12! (I'm a bit surprised that I can't find anyone suggesting it. Or is it too OP?)

M110 SASS (7.62x51 NATO)

10 or 20 round magazine

DTA HTI (50. BMG)

10 round magazine

Shorter and lighter than M82, more suitable for civilian

Remington MSR (.338 Lapua Magnum)

5 or 10 round magazine

A new cartridge with the firepower between 7.62x51 NATO and 50. BMG

Barrett MRAD (.338 Lapua Magnum)

10 round magazine

2012 rifle of the year by NRA

K, BTW because I love annoying you with bugs and rubbish suggestions (Nah not really), I have found something quite annoying, when using magazine fed weapons on any of the three difficulty's (specifically the berretta 92fs (I think)), there's a high chance of it "Jamming", it will make a noise and you'll see the muzzle flash, but it wont use any ammo in the mag or in the chamber and wont fire anything, permanently braking the gun. Can you explain this? is this a problem on my end? 

Wait, is this a bug you are running into?

AA-12! (I'm a bit surprised that I can't find anyone suggesting it. Or is it too OP?)

M110 SASS (7.62x51 NATO)

10 or 20 round magazine

DTA HTI (50. BMG)

10 round magazine

5 or 10 round magazine

10 round magazine

Good suggestions,

I already have the USAS-12 and the Pancor Jackhammer, so why not put in the AA-12.

I'll skip the M110 as I already have the SR-25, which by game standards is the same exact weapon. (The only difference is the buttstock and the rail system, both of which can be modded in the game once I add the new attachment system.

The DTA HTI I'll add.

Yes, to the MSR and the MRAD as well.

M110 SASS (7.62x51 NATO)

10 or 20 round magazine

DTA HTI (50. BMG)

10 round magazine

5 or 10 round magazine

10 round magazine

Good suggestions,

I already have the USAS-12 and the Pancor Jackhammer, so why not put in the AA-12.

I'll skip the M110 as I already have the SR-25, which by game standards is the same exact weapon. (The only difference is the buttstock and the rail system, both of which can be modded in the game once I add the new attachment system.

The DTA HTI I'll add.

With all the additions you're planning to do, are you considering doing incremental releases of new features as you finish them? I don't know about everyone else, but I would enjoy seeing somewhat frequent small feature updates, rather than large updates released after long periods of time. Just my two cents :P

M110 SASS (7.62x51 NATO)

10 or 20 round magazine

DTA HTI (50. BMG)

10 round magazine

5 or 10 round magazine

10 round magazine

Good suggestions,

The DTA HTI I'll add.

With all the additions you're planning to do, are you considering doing incremental releases of new features as you finish them? I don't know about everyone else, but I would enjoy seeing somewhat frequent small feature updates, rather than large updates released after long periods of time. Just my two cents :P

Obviously, yes. I usually do do smaller increments. However, this addition I am doing requires a bunch of changes, and my time is limited for modding atm.

Yes ORMtnMan this is a bug, Sometimes when using magazine fed weapons they don't shoot, but they still make a loud noise you still see the muzzle flash. I call this the "Jamming Bug". Is this a problem on my end?

Wow, no I haven't heard of, or been able to replicate that. I'll keep looking into it, is it a recent development? I have not done much testing on the newest version.

Can you break down the ammo in game for gunpowder? I haven't checked yet.

Nope, not yet

I have encountered a Bloo as well, and it only seems to spawn in gun containers, so I am inclined to believe it is from ORGM as I have no other mods that affect gun spawns. Is there any way to see what the Bloo is referencing to assist in debugging?

Also, PZ-NOOB; I haven't had the issues you are experiencing and I use the middle reloading setting (not hardcore, but not arcade; the one in between)

I'm not sure when it started happening, It has started happening with all guns except the shotguns. I think it has something to do with my reload settings. What is your reload settings set as?

I usually play on hardcore. I didn't have issues when I was planing on the old version (I haven't played on the old version in a while since I have been trying to make the new one work.

I have encountered a Bloo as well, and it only seems to spawn in gun containers, so I am inclined to believe it is from ORGM as I have no other mods that affect gun spawns. Is there any way to see what the Bloo is referencing to assist in debugging?

Also, PZ-NOOB; I haven't had the issues you are experiencing and I use the middle reloading setting (not hardcore, but not arcade; the one in between)

Weird, I have seen it too. I will see if I can track it down.

Question!: If I did have to use the no3dmodel fix on the mod files... Did it force all the mod's guns to use vanilla game models?

Yep

Changing shooting mode makes the ammo go poof. 

Ammo can't be turned into gunpowder.

Its a cool mod, but after I get some powder xD!

Known issue... working on it... (on both counts :-D )