ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Oct6Yj1.png

Slowly chipping away at the VZ61. Currently at 529 tris, so I'll try and optimize this before I unwrap and texture it. It should be done soon. :)

Are you okay with receiving these in .obj or would you prefer the .txt file? I'm assuming people still use Jab's Blender scripts?

.obj is fine. I haven't used Jabs blender script yet, but I will. I still need to convert the hunting rifle. Been lazy :mrgreen:

That is looking great!

Glad to see OBJ support being used. If you are just using weapons, all you need is .OBJ really. Don't need to use my scripts at all then :D

-snip because quotes-

Slowly chipping away at the VZ61. Currently at 529 tris, so I'll try and optimize this before I unwrap and texture it. It should be done soon. :)

Are you okay with receiving these in .obj or would you prefer the .txt file? I'm assuming people still use Jab's Blender scripts?

.obj is fine. I haven't used Jabs blender script yet, but I will. I still need to convert the hunting rifle. Been lazy :mrgreen:

That is looking great!

Glad to see OBJ support being used. If you are just using weapons, all you need is .OBJ really. Don't need to use my scripts at all then :D

I'm out of the loop - Are you saying we can just use .obj's now instead of your scripts? I haven't looked into Model Loader or anything since I was last here 6 or so months ago, so I'm not sure what the process is to getting the guns working in-game now. Care to inform me? :P

I'm out of the loop - Are you saying we can just use .obj's now instead of your scripts? I haven't looked into Model Loader or anything since I was last here 6 or so months ago, so I'm not sure what the process is to getting the guns working in-game now. Care to inform me? :P

You can! 

loadStaticOBJModel(String name, String modelLocation, String textureLocation)

Hi ORMtnMan, decided to take a break from work to check out the fine PZ community, How's the Mod going (I saw a SWEET pic of what I believe to be a Scorpion(?) above)? I cant be bothered to read the ten-ish pages of reply's, so I hope you don't mind me asking what's next for this amazing Mod? + Nice Avatar, Looks cool + #PKP :D

Hi ORMtnMan, decided to take a break from work to check out the fine PZ community, How's the Mod going (I saw a SWEET pic of what I believe to be a Scorpion(?) above)? I cant be bothered to read the ten-ish pages of reply's, so I hope you don't mind me asking what's next for this amazing Mod? + Nice Avatar, Looks cool + #PKP :D

Good to see you back.

Whenever I can find the time (which with the busy season of work there is little) The next version will have many awesome additions functionality wise. These wonderful people are also supplying some more gun models for me!

Wow these models do look pretty awesome. BTW I would like to make a suggestion, The ammo cans, If I remember correctly I made the suggestion for them. I love them, however in playing with another weapon mod it had ammo cans, with one difference, the ammo cans were a container and randomly spawned different ammo types, similar to the first aid kit randomly spawning different medical items. What's your opinion on this?

Wow these models do look pretty awesome. BTW I would like to make a suggestion, The ammo cans, If I remember correctly I made the suggestion for them. I love them, however in playing with another weapon mod it had ammo cans, with one difference, the ammo cans were a container and randomly spawned different ammo types, similar to the first aid kit randomly spawning different medical items. What's your opinion on this?

Currently not dealing with furniture/container items. I might eventually, but the cans right now are to be a awesome fund of more ammo or an ability to pickup/drop ammo in a larger chunk to save some time.

Edit:

Also, fun times. Trying to mod today and my PZ won't load up at all... I love this stuff. Gotta figure out where the problem is...

Beretta 1935 (Semiautomatic pistol, .32 ACP, 8 round magazine)

--Not a real common piece these days, but a large number were brought back as trophies from WWII.  Fairly small and concealable for a military gun.

Beretta Tomcat (Semi-auto pistol, .32 ACP, 7 round magazine)

--Very small and easy to conceal.  Out of production but they're still floating around.

Beretta 21A Bobcat (Semi-auto pistol, .22LR, 7 round magazine)

--Same basic design as the above, but in .22LR.  Still in production, but not real popular.

I wanted to give .32 ACP some more love.

No difference in semi or full auto with any weapons in terms of accuracy or damage,

what would be the best assault rifle, stat wise? Or are they all just more or less the same? 

They're all roughly the same to me, so probably the one that weighs the least, which is likely the M4.  Later on, though, I imagine there are some guns that are going to be more prone to malfunction, and/or need to be cleaned more often.

Is there any chance you could incorporate a silencer/suppressor add-on for your guns? I love all these new guns but find that I rarely, if ever, use firearms as I consider that to be pretty much suicide due to attracting every zombie within five blocks to your location.

Is there any chance you could incorporate a silencer/suppressor add-on for your guns? I love all these new guns but find that I rarely, if ever, use firearms as I consider that to be pretty much suicide due to attracting every zombie within five blocks to your location.

Did you say suicide?

Did you say suicide?

It's a bit different when you have a few friends who are also armed.

On a different topic, I tried making a simple modification to the Red Ryder so that it uses Hydrocraft BBs instead of the .177 BBs. I went into the ORGMReloadUtil.lua file and changed the ammoType for the BBGun class to HCBB, and it works to load the Hydrocraft BBs into the Red Ryder, but I do not get BBs back when I unload it. Would you mind taking a minute to explain what I'm missing? It would be greatly appreciated.. I also attempted to make it so that I could convert it inbetween the two ammo types, and I got it to work; again, somewhat. When I converted it to use the .177s, I couldn't load any BBs, and still had the same issue with unloading not giving back the HCBBs. Would love some feedback as I have a giant stockpile of Hydrocraft BBs but only a single can of .177s :(

Did you say suicide?

On a different topic, I tried making a simple modification to the Red Ryder so that it uses Hydrocraft BBs instead of the .177 BBs. I went into the ORGMReloadUtil.lua file and changed the ammoType for the BBGun class to HCBB, and it works to load the Hydrocraft BBs into the Red Ryder, but I do not get BBs back when I unload it. Would you mind taking a minute to explain what I'm missing? It would be greatly appreciated.. I also attempted to make it so that I could convert it inbetween the two ammo types, and I got it to work; again, somewhat. When I converted it to use the .177s, I couldn't load any BBs, and still had the same issue with unloading not giving back the HCBBs. Would love some feedback as I have a giant stockpile of Hydrocraft BBs but only a single can of .177s :(

You should really watch the last part of the video. 

Did you say suicide?

You should really watch the last part of the video. 

I heard someone mention a silencer, but couldn't really make out what the guy replying to him said. Is there one already implemented and I just haven't found it yet? If that's the case, I now feel like an idiot :P haha. I haven't found any mention of one in the ORGM files, though.

In regards to the BBs you have to make an edit to one of the reloadable files in ORGM/lua/shared

Yeah, I edited the BBGun class in ORGMReloadUtil.lua to make it look like this:

local BBGun = { type = "BBGun",        moduleName = 'ORGM',        reloadClass = 'ORGMWeaponManualIM',        ammoType = 'HCBB',        rackSound = 'ORGMBBLever',        shootSound = 'BBFire',        shootSoundPartial = 'BBFire',        clickSound = 'ORGMPistolEmpty',        insertSound = 'ORGMMagBBLoad',        rackTime = 3,        bulletOutSound = "ORGMBBLever"};

The BBGun now uses the Hydrocraft BBs, but when I unload them, I don't get them back. At first I thought it was because ORGM didn't load Hydrocraft as a module, but if that was the case, I wouldn't think I'd be able to load the BBs in the first place. So I checked in ORGMMagazine.lua and in the unloading script it seems to specifically only unload items from the ORGM module (unless I'm misinterpreting the code):

function ORGMMagazine:unloadPerform(char, square, difficulty, magazine)getSoundManager():PlayWorldSound(self.insertSound, char:getSquare(), 0, 10, 1.0, false);self.currentCapacity = self.currentCapacity - 1;char:getInventory():AddItem('ORGM.'..self.ammoType); <------self.unloadInProgress = false;self:syncReloadableToItem(magazine);char:getXp():AddXP(Perks.Reloading, 1);if(self.currentCapacity == 0) thenreturn false;endreturn true;end

I then tried removing the 'ORGM.'.. from that code snippet, to no avail. I feel like it's something stupidly simple but due to my limited knowledge of Java, is being overlooked :P

Edit:

I may just add a recipe that allows conversion of Hydrocraft BBs into the ORGM BBs. Seems like it would be quite a bit easier, although I would like to learn a bit more about modding for PZ and thought a simple modification like this would be an easy way to ease myself into it. 

Couple of bugs to report: When changing ammo types (for example, 12 gauge buck to 12 gauge slugs) any existing weapon mods on the weapon get deleted. Also, when changing a gun with it's magazine removed from semi-auto to fully auto, it suddenly gains an additional magazine, which can obviously be abused for those playing on realistic/hardcore reloading systems. 

Wow, I missed out on a lot, sorry, been busy. Silencers are coming, the next version of the mod is slow in coming (as I am busy with work atm) but it will be coming eventually. I can't guarantee any time frame.

The mods disappearing is a known issue, it will be fixed in the next version.

I will add the guns to the list, and the bbs are the only incompatibility. If anyone wants to make a patch for that I will post it.