ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

FYI already fixed by Jab. I uploaded the fix to the Steam workshop, I have to go run some errands now but I will post the fixed file here as well later today.

Edit: and don't get excited, this is not the massive update, I just updated the previous version to work with Jab's new ModelLoader.

Edit Edit:

new slightly updated version for the ModelLoader

http://www.mediafire.com/download/fdp5txod5h1pdtd/ORGM+1.242+-+ModelLoader.zip

FYI already fixed by Jab. I uploaded the fix to the Steam workshop, I have to go run some errands now but I will post the fixed file here as well later today.

Edit: and don't get excited, this is not the massive update, I just updated the previous version to work with Jab's new ModelLoader.

Edit Edit:

Thank you so much OTR !

I will be patient for the massive update, keep it work  :-D .

Otherwise, did you have changed the gun distribution ?!

In my game, I gotta feeling that gun and ammo are more rare, I thought departing that could be due to the new items added by Hydro for Hydrocraft, is a way that could reduce the gun distribution in bedroom for example ?

Cheers,

Edit Edit:

Thank you so much OTR !

In my game, I gotta feeling that gun and ammo are more rare, I thought departing that could be due to the new items added by Hydro for Hydrocraft, is a way that could reduce the gun distribution in bedroom for example ?

Cheers,

Lol, thanks! No, no adjustments to the distributions in this version. In the next version I will be tying the distributions to loot rarity settings. If you want to change it in the mean time, go to the distributions Lua

Hey, I downloaded the mod off of steam. It works great, but I can't get mods on the gun even with a screwdriver. How do I do that?

Which guns and which mods?

Edit Edit:

Thank you so much OTR !

Cheers,

Lol, thanks! No, no adjustments to the distributions in this version. In the next version I will be tying the distributions to loot rarity settings. If you want to change it in the mean time, go to the distributions Lua

Hey, I downloaded the mod off of steam. It works great, but I can't get mods on the gun even with a screwdriver. How do I do that?

I was able to fix it, just had to equip the screwdriver. :D Thanks for responding!

Edit Edit:

Thank you so much OTR !

Cheers,

I was able to fix it, just had to equip the screwdriver. :D Thanks for responding!

Glad you figured it out!

Is there anyother mag types like the STANAG standard? I LOVE the fact they can use 2 differnet ammo types (same for the colt revolver) it just adds a more centered set of guns.

The Kriss SMG and the Glock 21 both use the same magazine, but other than that, and things like the AKM and RPK (which I don't think the RPK is in,) I don't think so. Nearly every assault rifle currently in service in NATO countries is STANAG compliant, so there's not much room for others.

Most of the rifles that have civilian counterparts are the same way the STANAG mags are; The G3 and FAL, for example, can use both 7.62x51mm NATO in addition to .308 Winchester. If I remember right, the SIG 550 and 551 can also be changed between .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO.

I /think/ the AR-10 and the SR-25 have interchangeable mags (they're basically the same platform IRL), but I'd have to double-check on that... which I can't do, because Steam downloaded the new PZ update without my permission and so now my game is FUBAR until either ModelLoader gets updated or I can find some way of rolling back my game to the previous version.

Most of the rifles that have civilian counterparts are the same way the STANAG mags are; The G3 and FAL, for example, can use both 7.62x51mm NATO in addition to .308 Winchester. If I remember right, the SIG 550 and 551 can also be changed between .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO.

I /think/ the AR-10 and the SR-25 have interchangeable mags (they're basically the same platform IRL), but I'd have to double-check on that... which I can't do, because Steam downloaded the new PZ update without my permission and so now my game is FUBAR until either ModelLoader gets updated or I can find some way of rolling back my game to the previous version.

Fuji is pretty much correct, on my next update (assuming everything continues to work out) You won't have to convert the gun between calibers, you will be able to load both kinds of rounds into guns.

Other examples are the .454 revolvers can also load .45 Colt

Love it >.< you have gotten me way more interested into RL guns than anyone probably should be :P 

On a side note just redownload model loader and the ModelLoader and reinstall it, there is no visual guns from what I have seen (models are missing) but no CTD or errors yet after 3 hours of playing :P 

Love it >.< you have gotten me way more interested into RL guns than anyone probably should be :P

On a side note just redownload model loader and the ModelLoader and reinstall it, there is no visual guns from what I have seen (models are missing) but no CTD or errors yet after 3 hours of playing :P

Yes, I am unfortunately aware of the problem. IS updated the stable branch again so Jab has to update the ModelLoader again, which, last time I spoke to him, he is working on it but it might be a little bit.

ORM you think you could lower the spawn of guns a bit a make it to where ammo is more plentiful? I have 3 containers full of guns and not even a half full of ammo lol I am starting to see why I am the only one to have survive :P

Hah! Well, seeing as everyone has different gun spawning preferences, I am not going to change that version one way or another. However. I am going to figure out hoe to tie it to the loot rarity settings so everyone can set it themselves. Hopefully I will have that ready for the next version.

Well the thing is I think what is going on is the fact that I've never seen a zombie just spawn with ammo and no gun, is this even possible with current settings? I always thought it'd be cool to kill your first walker and one of five things happens: no ammo or guns, ammo for 1-? Number of guns perhaps even only a bullet or two for multiple guns, a gun but with a different ammo type, a gun with no ammo, and finally a gun with the same ammo type. I think that would increase flavor also, whatcha think?

Btw I just seem to think you'd be more likely to find ammo then guns in the real zombie apoc lol, what you think?

Made an account just to comment on this.

-I bet someone has said it already, but converting your gun between semi-auto and full auto, and presumably between ammo types, eats the weapon mods on the gun.

-.30-30 Winchester is erroneously called ".30-30 Springfield," at least on the 20 round box.

-I have problems with using cleaning items on some guns.  I can clean my Beretta 92, but not my M1014 or P90.  EDIT: It seems that some guns have the "repaired" value in the little info box and some do not.  So far I am seeing that the Benelli M1014, Glock 20, Walther PPK, Beretta 471 Sawn off, and P90 do not have it.

-Shotguns with 00 buck generally seem...lacking in authority.  They seem to do a lot of pushing back, with only an occasional kill, even with decent aiming skill.

-I tried using an M4 in semi auto...I couldn't hit anything.  I maybe killed 6 or 7 zombies and expended 100 rounds of ammo.  Is the low accuracy of full auto carrying over to semi-auto?

-EDIT: I am of the opinion that the AMT Automag spawns a little too much.  I've found three of them so far, compared to only one example of common pistols like the Glock 17 or SIG P226

I'm also looking through your weapon pipeline and I have some concerns with the rarity of a couple items.  I know you have some exotic weapons that pop up extremely rarely, but I think these might be a bit too much.

-Pancor Jackhammer.  There is literally one working model, and it's a tool room prototype, i.e. an ergonomic nightmare.  You need to almost completely disassemble it to reload it.

-The HK UCP never left prototype stage.  Nobody but HK knows for sure, but it's likely I could count the number of prototypes on one hand, and they're all under lock and key at HK.  The MP7 would be reasonable as some US police issue it to SWAT and motorcycle units.

Finally, I would like to suggest the Beretta Cx4 as a 9mm, .40, or .45 semi-auto carbine as you see fit.

Btw I just seem to think you'd be more likely to find ammo then guns in the real zombie apoc lol, what you think?

I would disagree, because of three things:

1. People don't just buy and keep ammo if they don't have a gun.  People who own ammo will 99% likely own a corresponding gun.

2. Production of ammo will have stopped.

3. People will have expended large amounts of ammunition fighting off zombies and looters in the early days of the outbreak.

I think you would have exponentially more guns than ammo the longer the outbreak lasted.

Though I will agree that it wouldn't be unreasonable to have zombies that were only able to grab some ammo from somewhere while they were among the living.

^ well when it's like 10 bullets to 1 gun it kinda gets crazy lol I have 17 (ya 17) mags for the FN pistol and only enough ammo to fill 7 mags (have raided the police station as well.... Just seems to me there would be more bullets, would be nice to occasionally find a box of rounds in a house too (or perhaps even a weapons locker by the bed?) and ya the zombie with ammo thing would be nice lol like the survivor tried to find a gun but found more ammo

Raid police stations and gun stores. Alternatively, fire up Bedford Falls or Phoenix. Raid the police station, gun store, bunker, the armories in the mental asylum, and the military facilities. Trust me, you'll find ammo.

From a realism perspective though, it makes sense that you won't find a lot of 5.7mm ammo. The Five-seveN pistol itself is pretty rare even among military/police, let alone civilians, and 5.7mm ammo is proprietary - only the FN Five-seveN and P90 use it. I'm not sure if ammunition is included in the mod makers rarity settings, but if I were you I would go with something more common like a 9mm or .45.

Last point... Your average person can't aim for shit. It makes sense that huge amounts of ammo would get burned through during the zombie apocalypse, between fear/adrenaline, poor marksmanship, and the fact that (traditionally speaking) the only way to fully kill a zombie is with a head shot (which, by the way, is an incredibly small target made that much harder to hit by a zombie's erratic movements; any professional shooter is taught to aim for center mass, e.g. the chest, because small targets like the head and limbs are very hard to hit consistently and missing means you could hit an innocent bystander)... you do the math. I would love to see a mechanic for reloading your own ammo since I don't find a lot of ammo on zombies, but on maps with a lot of gun/ammo spawn points, it's really kind of pointless because you'll end up having more ammo than you know what to do with.

Well the thing is I think what is going on is the fact that I've never seen a zombie just spawn with ammo and no gun, is this even possible with current settings? I always thought it'd be cool to kill your first walker and one of five things happens: no ammo or guns, ammo for 1-? Number of guns perhaps even only a bullet or two for multiple guns, a gun but with a different ammo type, a gun with no ammo, and finally a gun with the same ammo type. I think that would increase flavor also, whatcha think?

The ammo-gun correlation is for the reasons, below. While some of us may hoard ammo hoping we might find a gun for it. People tend to have ammo for guns they have. Also, it got annoying to find guns and random ammo.

Made an account just to comment on this.

-I bet someone has said it already, but converting your gun between semi-auto and full auto, and presumably between ammo types, eats the weapon mods on the gun. Yep, I'm aware of this one, it will be resolved with the new attachment system I am working up.

-.30-30 Winchester is erroneously called ".30-30 Springfield," at least on the 20 round box. Good catch, I'll fix that.

-I have problems with using cleaning items on some guns.  I can clean my Beretta 92, but not my M1014 or P90.  EDIT: It seems that some guns have the "repaired" value in the little info box and some do not.  So far I am seeing that the Benelli M1014, Glock 20, Walther PPK, Beretta 471 Sawn off, and P90 do not have it. That probably has to do with the repairs script. I'll take a look, another good find.

-Shotguns with 00 buck generally seem...lacking in authority.  They seem to do a lot of pushing back, with only an occasional kill, even with decent aiming skill. I have noticed that for one reason or another, guns do less damage when you are fatigued at all... I am not sure how to disassociate the two... Could that be the issue? I have notice I mow down zombies in droves with shotguns when not fatigued.

-I tried using an M4 in semi auto...I couldn't hit anything.  I maybe killed 6 or 7 zombies and expended 100 rounds of ammo.  Is the low accuracy of full auto carrying over to semi-auto? No, you need to take time to aim, and when you are auto firing, there is a slight aiming time between shots, which means when you hold down in auto you are more likely to miss.

-EDIT: I am of the opinion that the AMT Automag spawns a little too much.  I've found three of them so far, compared to only one example of common pistols like the Glock 17 or SIG P226 Interesting, it is a fairly rare gun. I'll look into moving it to another category

I'm also looking through your weapon pipeline and I have some concerns with the rarity of a couple items.  I know you have some exotic weapons that pop up extremely rarely, but I think these might be a bit too much.

-Pancor Jackhammer.  There is literally one working model, and it's a tool room prototype, i.e. an ergonomic nightmare.  You need to almost completely disassemble it to reload it. It is already extremely rare, I am loathe to add another rarity category, but I might later.

-The HK UCP never left prototype stage.  Nobody but HK knows for sure, but it's likely I could count the number of prototypes on one hand, and they're all under lock and key at HK.  The MP7 would be reasonable as some US police issue it to SWAT and motorcycle units. I added the UCP because I wanted another 4.6mm gun besides the MP7 because I hate the 1 gun, 1 ammo dynamic some games have.

I must say, I love your font of gun knowledge! I need to keep you on "staff" :-D

Finally, I would like to suggest the Beretta Cx4 as a 9mm, .40, or .45 semi-auto carbine as you see fit. Thats a great suggestion!

I would disagree, because of three things:

1. People don't just buy and keep ammo if they don't have a gun.  People who own ammo will 99% likely own a corresponding gun.

2. Production of ammo will have stopped.

3. People will have expended large amounts of ammunition fighting off zombies and looters in the early days of the outbreak.

I think you would have exponentially more guns than ammo the longer the outbreak lasted.

Though I will agree that it wouldn't be unreasonable to have zombies that were only able to grab some ammo from somewhere while they were among the living.

I totally agree, I think it is already possible for only ammo to spawn, but I will double check.

Notes above in blue

Raid police stations and gun stores. Alternatively, fire up Bedford Falls or Phoenix. Raid the police station, gun store, bunker, the armories in the mental asylum, and the military facilities. Trust me, you'll find ammo.

From a realism perspective though, it makes sense that you won't find a lot of 5.7mm ammo. The Five-seveN pistol itself is pretty rare even among military/police, let alone civilians, and 5.7mm ammo is proprietary - only the FN Five-seveN and P90 use it. I'm not sure if ammunition is included in the mod makers rarity settings, but if I were you I would go with something more common like a 9mm or .45.

Last point... Your average person can't aim for shit. It makes sense that huge amounts of ammo would get burned through during the zombie apocalypse, between fear/adrenaline, poor marksmanship, and the fact that (traditionally speaking) the only way to fully kill a zombie is with a head shot (which, by the way, is an incredibly small target made that much harder to hit by a zombie's erratic movements; any professional shooter is taught to aim for center mass, e.g. the chest, because small targets like the head and limbs are very hard to hit consistently and missing means you could hit an innocent bystander)... you do the math. I would love to see a mechanic for reloading your own ammo since I don't find a lot of ammo on zombies, but on maps with a lot of gun/ammo spawn points, it's really kind of pointless because you'll end up having more ammo than you know what to do with.

I might at some point drop the ammo spawn rates and add a reloading system. I am already planning for your guns to drop empty shells on the ground (or a % chance to drop) whenever the gun shoots. Both for little fun realism bits and to allow for possible reloading in the future. However, I am loathe also to add a reloading bench static item.

Some other guns I thought of to diversify existing calibers:

7.62x39

-VZ-2008 (Semi-auto rifle, 30 round magazine)

-CZ 527 (Bolt-action rifle, 5 round magazine, of DayZ fame)

-Ruger Mini-30 (Semi-auto rifle, 20 round magazine)

-SIG 556xi Russian (Select fire or semi-auto only rifle, AK-pattern magazines, possibility for caliber conversion to STANAG 5.56)

7.62x54r

-PSL (Semi-auto rifle, 10 round magazine, would almost be a carbon copy of the SVD ingame, but it's much more available in the states)

-VEPR Hunter (Semi-auto rifle, 5 round magazine)

-Winchester Model 1895 Russian (Lever-action rifle, 5 round internal magazine)

7.92x57

-Hakim (Semi auto rifle, 10 round magazine)

5.7x28

-Savage Model 25 Walking Varminter (Bolt Action rifle, 4 round magazine, out of production and probably pretty rare)

-AR-57 (Semi-auto rifle, 10, 30, or 50 round P90-pattern magazine)

7.62x25

-PPS-43C (Semi-auto "pistol", 35 round magazine)

-CZ-52 (Semi auto pistol, 8 round magazine, carbon copy of TT33 gameplay wise, thought I'd throw it out anyway)

-Dominion Arms P762 (SIG P22x knockoff, 10 round Canada-restricted magazine, unavailable in the states, but that hasn't stopped you so far)

.500 S&W

-Big Horn Armory Model 89 (lever-action rifle, 7 round tube magazine, semi-custom, pretty rare)

Honestly, even as I'm typing some of the more obscure guns on my list I have to ask: is this really what you want?  When you roll out your planned magazine system, it's going to be a nightmare finding extra magazines, let alone more ammo, for your STG-44 or your VSS Vintorez, if you ever find the guns in the first place.  Is it really worth going through all the paces just to make 100 guns that most players will never see in a casual game, and would be of almost no use if they did?  Maybe at least put some of the rarer guns on the backburner in favor of more common ones?

ORM you think you could lower the spawn of guns a bit a make it to where ammo is more plentiful? I have 3 containers full of guns and not even a half full of ammo lol I am starting to see why I am the only one to have survive :P

Hah! Well, seeing as everyone has different gun spawning preferences, I am not going to change that version one way or another. However. I am going to figure out hoe to tie it to the loot rarity settings so everyone can set it themselves. Hopefully I will have that ready for the next version.

Really !!! OMG I would love having the choice to set the loot !!  :razz: YAY 

I just have two questions  :

-When we can set the guns and ammo, Can we also choose attachments and (i think that need more working, but i just ask it also) can we choose the gun spawining in differents places ? For example : Set better gun spawing in bedroom and decrease it in police station ?

-In the next version can we break the ammo of new gun to get gunpowder like the default ammo ? Silencers will be in the next version ? Or it's not planned for the next release ?

Cheers !

Really !!! OMG I would love having the choice to set the loot !!  :razz: YAY 

I just have two questions  :

-When we can set the guns and ammo, Can we also choose attachments and (i think that need more working, but i just ask it also) can we choose the gun spawining in differents places ? For example : Set better gun spawing in bedroom and decrease it in police station ?

-In the next version can we break the ammo of new gun to get gunpowder like the default ammo ? Silencers will be in the next version ? Or it's not planned for the next release ?

Cheers !

Lol, glad you're so excited! Unfortunately,no. It would be a general toggle up and down of total rarity. The main UI screen is not good to modify too much, because it would lead to incompatibilities.

No, ammo breakdown is not going to be in the next release, but maybe the version after. However, I will be putting in shell drops from ammo firing in the next version.

Silencers will be in the next version as long as everything I am working on right now continues to work.

7.62x39

-SIG 556xi Russian (Select fire or semi-auto only rifle, AK-pattern magazines, possibility for caliber conversion to STANAG 5.56)

7.62x54r

-PSL (Semi-auto rifle, 10 round magazine, would almost be a carbon copy of the SVD ingame, but it's much more available in the states)

7.92x57

5.7x28

-Savage Model 25 Walking Varminter (Bolt Action rifle, 4 round magazine, out of production and probably pretty rare)

7.62x25

-CZ-52 (Semi auto pistol, 8 round magazine, carbon copy of TT33 gameplay wise, thought I'd throw it out anyway)

-Dominion Arms P762 (SIG P22x knockoff, 10 round Canada-restricted magazine, unavailable in the states, but that hasn't stopped you so far)

.500 S&W

-Big Horn Armory Model 89 (lever-action rifle, 7 round tube magazine, semi-custom, pretty rare)

Honestly, even as I'm typing some of the more obscure guns on my list I have to ask: is this really what you want?  When you roll out your planned magazine system, it's going to be a nightmare finding extra magazines, let alone more ammo, for your STG-44 or your VSS Vintorez, if you ever find the guns in the first place.  Is it really worth going through all the paces just to make 100 guns that most players will never see in a casual game, and would be of almost no use if they did?  Maybe at least put some of the rarer guns on the backburner in favor of more common ones?

Good suggestions, I'll add them to the lists! The rare guns will be fun to find, but probably not very effective to use for the exact reasons you state. You are much more likely to be using a shotgun or a beretta/glock than an StG on a regular zombie killing basis. I want to provide that realistic feeling of diversity (though some guns people may never be seen in the RL lifetime). Plus some people like collecting guns, and it provides a platform with which to teach people more about various guns. If it were not for the extraordinary amount of guns available in Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 I would not know nearly as much as I do about guns because it sparked my curiosity.

I already put in a bunch of common guns for players to play with, so I have just been adding guns now as they get suggested or hit my fancy.

Also, adding guns is not that difficult, the mechanics behind guns (which is the more important part of my mod in my opinion) is the more time consuming and difficult part of the mod.

I do appreciate and understand your concern, are there any more common guns I should move up the list and rarer guns down?

Great mod is there any chance we could get the

Browning Automatic Rifle (B.A.R.)  

Ithaca stakeout

derringer pistol or other palm pistol

I already have the BAR and a couple derringer type guns on the list

The Ithaca stakeout is effectively a sawn off Ithaca 37, so, just take a saw to that!

7.62x39

7.62x54r

7.92x57

5.7x28

7.62x25

.500 S&W

Good suggestions, I'll add them to the lists! The rare guns will be fun to find, but probably not very effective to use for the exact reasons you state. You are much more likely to be using a shotgun or a beretta/glock than an StG on a regular zombie killing basis. I want to provide that realistic feeling of diversity (though some guns people may never be seen in the RL lifetime). Plus some people like collecting guns, and it provides a platform with which to teach people more about various guns. If it were not for the extraordinary amount of guns available in Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 I would not know nearly as much as I do about guns because it sparked my curiosity.

I already put in a bunch of common guns for players to play with, so I have just been adding guns now as they get suggested or hit my fancy.

Also, adding guns is not that difficult, the mechanics behind guns (which is the more important part of my mod in my opinion) is the more time consuming and difficult part of the mod.

I do appreciate and understand your concern, are there any more common guns I should move up the list and rarer guns down?

I understand.  From what I read it seemed like you had half a mind to keep rarer and functional duplicate guns out early on, but started adding them later.  Now it makes sense to me.

Catches of the day:

-The Mosin Nagant appears to be functioning semi-automatically.  I tested out my Remington 700 to make sure it wasn't all boltguns.

-The Glock 22 has a 10 round magazine instead of the usual 15.  Was this purposely done as a restricted magazine?

-The M24 in your weapon pipeline is not typically chambered in .300 Win Mag.  A more appropriate rifle in the caliber would be the XM2010, which is the same action in a neat looking chassis, and is US Army-issued.  The M24 as issued in the Army is a .308/7.62 rifle.

Weapon suggestions:

-GSG 522 (.22LR MP5-style semi-auto rifle, 22 round magazine)

-Weatherby Mark V (as a .300 Winchester Magnum bolt action rifle, 3 round magazine)

-AR-7 Survival Rifle (.22LR semi-auto rifle, 7 round magazine)

-Springfield M6 Scout (.22LR/.410 combination gun, should be interesting to code)

-Take a look at the Calico series of weapons.  Pretty interesting design that allows 50 or 100 rounds in one magazine.  They come in 9mm and .22LR, pistol and rifle.

-Springfield M1A (.308/7.62 semi-auto rifle, 10 or 20 round magazine)

-Marlin 1895GBL (.45-70 lever-action rifle, 6 round tube magazine)

Would you consider adding .22 Magnum or .17 HMR?