ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

And just as I was about to make my own bug report... Dang, alright, well here's what I got, and there's a chance that it's not the mod's fault, more likely than not it's mine, so I'd suppose there's no better place to report it than here, as well as ask some questions about the mod.

So I was playing through it, just checking to see if the guns I added were spawning, (you know how it goes, no zombies, full endurance, very fast stat regen, all loot types set to very abundant, Lucky, Organized & Strong the whole nine yards), and I was running around for a good 15 minutes through building after building and I could not for the life of me find a gun. After 20 minutes, I had a Ruger Redhawk and a RugSec6,  as well as the S&W M500 which I so sloppily added. But that was it, so that's one rare civilian gun, and  2 common (I made the M500 in civilian common by mistake). So I suppose I'm reporting that the gun spawns are too little, they're damn tough to find,  that's probably on intention, but that seemed a little off to me that they were so hard to come by, but it's good that they're not handouts though, I hate to complain, but the other guy up top is right, the old gun mods just had them left and right, you could kill a small horde and become a one man army with all the weapons they dropped.

However, don't take this report too seriously, because I edited the mod a decent amount and I added guns to the distribution tables, and this is the version before the patch you just put out, which I haven't tested yet, so no worries actually, it wouldn't even matter.

So I had some questions regarding the distributions, I understand the categories of the weapons and ammo in terms of rarity, but it's the major body of it that are lost on me, but I won't hold it to you to explain it all, or any of it really. So if I continued to add in guns, how would that affect the distribution, if in any way, and how would adding in table inserts {(table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["inventorymale"].items, "ORGMmod.blazer")}

{(table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["inventorymale"].items, .05)}   affect the other spawns as well, if any.

also I have some gun suggestions, but I want to wait until I have quite a bit more before I spam your mod page again. 

and I have not play tested that yet, but that's the armor from RKF, I updated the code, so if you want that, when I know it's working I could send you the file, if you feel like that would be something you want in your mod.

First and foremost, make sure your distribution script imports the base game one. But other than that, despite the Man having overhauled the distributions, it should work fine in the default manner without issue.

You can also insert your items to his distro tables as well, and it'll use his scripts. There should be lists of military/civ/rare guns somewhere in there.

And just as I was about to make my own bug report... Dang, alright, well here's what I got, and there's a chance that it's not the mod's fault, more likely than not it's mine, so I'd suppose there's no better place to report it than here, as well as ask some questions about the mod.

So I was playing through it, just checking to see if the guns I added were spawning, (you know how it goes, no zombies, full endurance, very fast stat regen, all loot types set to very abundant, Lucky, Organized & Strong the whole nine yards), and I was running around for a good 15 minutes through building after building and I could not for the life of me find a gun. After 20 minutes, I had a Ruger Redhawk and a RugSec6,  as well as the S&W M500 which I so sloppily added. But that was it, so that's one rare civilian gun, and  2 common (I made the M500 in civilian common by mistake). So I suppose I'm reporting that the gun spawns are too little, they're damn tough to find,  that's probably on intention, but that seemed a little off to me that they were so hard to come by, but it's good that they're not handouts though, I hate to complain, but the other guy up top is right, the old gun mods just had them left and right, you could kill a small horde and become a one man army with all the weapons they dropped.

However, don't take this report too seriously, because I edited the mod a decent amount and I added guns to the distribution tables, and this is the version before the patch you just put out, which I haven't tested yet, so no worries actually, it wouldn't even matter.

So I had some questions regarding the distributions, I understand the categories of the weapons and ammo in terms of rarity, but it's the major body of it that are lost on me, but I won't hold it to you to explain it all, or any of it really. So if I continued to add in guns, how would that affect the distribution, if in any way, and how would adding in table inserts {(table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["inventorymale"].items, "ORGMmod.blazer")}

{(table.insert(SuburbsDistributions["all"]["inventorymale"].items, .05)}   affect the other spawns as well, if any.

also I have some gun suggestions, but I want to wait until I have quite a bit more before I spam your mod page again. 

and I have not play tested that yet, but that's the armor from RKF, I updated the code, so if you want that, when I know it's working I could send you the file, if you feel like that would be something you want in your mod.

Use the patch, the distrobutions were being killed by the base game attachment script until I tweaked it slightly. Guns should be spawning as normal. Also, I will eventually be tying the drop frequency to the startup screen's rarity setting.

Let me know when you have your gun suggestion! As for armor, I am going to pass. I am trying really hard to limit the scope of this mod to guns and related functions. Once I add in armor, I would need to work on armor functions along with gun functions and that would slow my already snails pace.

Maybe I'll add a ORAM (ORMtnMan's Real Armor Mod) to my eventual series of mods.

First and foremost, make sure your distribution script imports the base game one. But other than that, despite the Man having overhauled the distributions, it should work fine in the default manner without issue.

You can also insert your items to his distro tables as well, and it'll use his scripts. There should be lists of military/civ/rare guns somewhere in there.

The distro tables are below all the actual distrobution scripts.

Simple question:

Do i will can find more weapons when there is more weapons in data base? Because in builds 20 + X i was using Tommy guns mod or something like that and.... Jesus! There was survival axes on every fucking zombie!

No, you should not be inundated with guns. I will eventually tie it to drop frequency settings so you can determine the frequency. That will come soon enough. Right now I am working on weapon attachments.

ive been using the newest version of the mod and it has come to my attention that im not recieving almost any ammunition.ive played a good 15-20 games and each time i would check the police station or storage units for guns there are always 5-10 guns but no ammo at all. same thing with zombie drops they still drop the guns however no attachments no ammo and some guns spawn with negative ammo. please help, all my drops are set at abundant no other mods are active. i dont think it was intentional for the ammo drops to be so low that the firearms in the mod are not even an option.

Huh, that is interesting. I will check into it! Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Edit: Fixed. As it is a relatively catastrophic problem, here is the link now!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c1d5vju8uf2n15o/ORGM+1.241.zip

Ignore any errors in relation to attachments. IT is because I am still inprocess of working on that. It obviously is not working yet, but I have learned what I want to do is possible.

cool thanks for the help im going to take it for a spin now. :)

Ok looks like most everything is working great the.ammo spawns qfor me now. But sometimes the ammo mag are sometimes spawning with negative ammo still happens sometimes. And also noticed cz75 pistol does not eject its clip correctly making it unusable.

P.s. it would be cool to have different armors for different levels of protection. if that is not something you are looking to include in yoyr mod, then maybe some other individual on the forums with talent for this sort of thing could whip something up for the community?

So Jab... Hows about that clothing update to the ModelLoader :P

It should already technically be supported. Models loaded into the game would have to be zomboid model formats for that, as OBJ files vertices do not support weights. Just load the male.txt in, then load a clothes txt item in. Loading the clothes in automatically assigns weights of the vertices to the bone structure, allowing you to export those weight IDs properly. The rest is up to how the game renders the clothes through color multiplication. Hats and shoes are not supported AFAIK, although I bet right now hats could be supported, depending on what you can do in Lua. 

Ok looks like most everything is working great the.ammo spawns qfor me now. But sometimes the ammo mag are sometimes spawning with negative ammo still happens sometimes. And also noticed cz75 pistol does not eject its clip correctly making it unusable.

P.s. it would be cool to have different armors for different levels of protection. if that is not something you are looking to include in yoyr mod, then maybe some other individual on the forums with talent for this sort of thing could whip something up for the community?

I'll look into those, not sure why it would show up with negative ammo... I am not doing any subtraction...I'll also fix the CZ75.

Edit: Fixed for this weekend.

Armor is not within the scope of this mod. I might look into doing armor and the like, because I always wanted to be able to make duct tape armor... but it would be a separate mod altogether.

It should already technically be supported. Models loaded into the game would have to be zomboid model formats for that, as OBJ files vertices do not support weights. Just load the male.txt in, then load a clothes txt item in. Loading the clothes in automatically assigns weights of the vertices to the bone structure, allowing you to export those weight IDs properly. The rest is up to how the game renders the clothes through color multiplication. Hats and shoes are not supported AFAIK, although I bet right now hats could be supported, depending on what you can do in Lua.

I've gotten custom weighted clothing working already as replacements, but I can't get entirely new ones to work.

I've gotten custom weighted clothing working already as replacements, but I can't get entirely new ones to work.

Off topic here, however, I'll take a peek into the code for this and see if I can locate why. Maybe a small fix might enable this as a feature. 

I'll look into those, not sure why it would show up with negative ammo... I am not doing any subtraction...I'll also fix the CZ75.

Edit: Fixed for this weekend.

Armor is not within the scope of this mod. I might look into doing armor and the like, because I always wanted to be able to make duct tape armor... but it would be a separate mod altogether.

awesome thanks for the bug fixes. Duct tape armor would be epic +10% scratch and bite resistance <3

A friend and me thought it would be fun to implement COD Nazi Zombies elements into the game. I've made a mod that gives you money after a kill, which can be used to buy a weapon in the mystery box and ammo. I've added all weapons from build 1.238 into the box, and ammo from the primary item that is being held can be bought. I hope you don't mind me "advertising" my mod here, but because it's so dependant on this mod that I thought I'd share it. Else I'll delete the post :)http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/15774-pizzazombies-kill-rewards/

A friend and me thought it would be fun to implement COD Nazi Zombies elements into the game. I've made a mod that gives you money after a kill, which can be used to buy a weapon in the mystery box and ammo. I've added all weapons from build 1.238 into the box, and ammo from the primary item that is being held can be bought. I hope you don't mind me "advertising" my mod here, but because it's so dependant on this mod that I thought I'd share it. Else I'll delete the post :)http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/15774-pizzazombies-kill-rewards/

If you read my blurb on the front page, I am totally okay with people taking my mod and running with it (adding new features and the like) In fact I love if people expand with their own ideas!  The only thing I would have qualms with would be people taking my mod itself and calling it their own.

In fact, I'll post a link to it on my front page so it doesn't get lost.

Cheers for that! You're right I hadn't read that :oops: Was in a hurry to get the mod finished before bedtime haha. My compliments on your mod great arsenal of weapons! Lots of fun :)

No prob! Thanks for your support, interest and advertising of my mod in your sig!

Just PM me a new link when you update and I will put up the new link

Alright, here's my gun suggestions part 2, after much time and research with few fruits of such labor. Pretty much just unusual weapons, see what you think of them.

Compact Off-Duty Police - 4 barrels, 4 shots, .357 and/or .38 Special, pocket pistol. Exotic, deadly, lightweight and using a very common caliber, certainly an interesting weapon to possess, and one that many have not heard of. Derringer-style break action, weight of 1.75 lbs, and it actually works completely in with the canon of the game. To elaborate, the pistol was not popular amongst the operators of the weapon saying that the trigger was too hard to pull, those with less forearm/hand strength claimed it hurt to fire, and therefore many stopped buying it (more power, lower rate of fire, low accuracy, even for a pocket pistol). HOWEVER, production returned (somewhat briefly) in the 1990's, which the game is now set in, 1993 to be precise. But canonical accuracy aside, it's an interesting weapon and one that is often overlooked, and may provide to be a unique addition.

AF2011A1 - This weapon is the result of playing God with one of "The Holy Trinity of Firearms" (Mikhail Kalashnikov, Eugene Stoner, and for our purposes now, John Moses Browning)'s greatest creations. This Frankenstein of a weapon produced from an experiment gone horribly RIGHT is taking an American masterpiece of a firearm way ahead of its time and doubling it. Literally. So now here's the big reveal to what this weapon actually is; it is a double barreled M1911A1, bearing the appearance of being two M1911A1's welded together. Utilizing 2 separate magazines sharing a single base plate, triggers and ejection ports, each having a capacity of 8 rounds and being able to hold a whopping 18 rounds when fully loaded, uses the same .45 ACP caliber, but is also produced in the .38 Super, another boon for practicality. Able to fire both barrels with 1 trigger pull or fire them each independently of each other, all the basic attributes that one would assume from the nature of the weapon, 4 lbs instead of 2 , double the maintenance, double the firepower and double the fun. A rigorous torture test revealed however, that the producing company had sacrificed some of the firing comfort (heavier, more straining recoil and squared grip safety leading to cuts and bruises on the shooter's hand) to make this weapon a reality, while still allowing for similar accuracy to a standard M1911. Very different weapon, my reason for suggesting this weapon and the following are basically "America, that's why!" and "If you're telling me that nobody in Kentucky wants/owns one of these, you're insane."

Chiappa Triple Threat - Triple barreled shotgun, 12 gauge, 'nuff said. Available (according to their sales site) only to the US, this scattergun boasts 3 18.5" break action barrels and a detachable stock to allow for a pistol grip style rather than shoulder stock without permanent damage to the stock. But with great power (multiplied by 3) comes great responsibility (weight). The official stated weight of the Triple Threat is 8.2 lbs, it is massive. For sake of practicality, maybe have the barrels be shorter and use a lighter weight stock when adding it to the mod, if you should so decide, at the cost of some maximum effective range and power. While I could not find the effective range, (or any legitimately useful information), I can say that they are compatible with all Remington chokes and have an acclaimed "unusually high rate of fire". So it's a weird, but giant leadspitter, definitely not the most common of weapons, purposed for home defense. EDIT - After viewing media on youtube, I can most assuredly confirm that the claims of this weapon having a blistering rate of fire are true, and even then, an understatement, it would absolutely shock anyone to see how quickly this machine can squeeze those 3 shells out.

M3A1 "Grease Gun" - I'm not entirely sure if this was an intentioned theme, but I've seen that this mod is including many well received weapons from the WWII era, so why not throw the old "Grease Gun's" hat in the ring? Uses the same .45 ACP caliber as the M1A1, but also produced in 9x19mm Parabellum, 100 yard fixed sights, 30 round magazine, weighing in at a surprising 8 lbs, still a notable weapon, figure it was worth the try to get added.

Dan Wesson PPC .357 - Pretty standard double action revolver (or a general category of revolvers), most notable characteristic is the thick, heavy barrel to compensate for recoil, very intimidating in appearance, something that would be some variety to the revolver stereotype without going to the extremes of A. an extremely large caliber/cylinder capacity (20 shot revolver, anyone?) or B. an ornate antique weapon which is highly unlikely to be found in the US, say a Webley MKIV. However, still the Dan Wesson PPC style of revolver is a rare find, even online, so rarity is definitely a factor.

Lastly, I have some general suggestions just because time restraints (been writing practically nothing for 2 hours) and the overwhelming amount of them disqualifies almost all chances of finding a suitable specific model. I noticed that side-by-side configurations are in the game, but how about some over-under double barreled shotguns, and maybe that point is moot, because, hell, a 2 shot is a 2 shot is a 2 shot, but hey, why not for those who are incredibly picky with their choice of weaponry. So I'd suppose that's it for this unlikely suggestion, but I did see that idea of black powder was being played with so, here's a (relatively) uninspired pitch for blunderbusses and antique muskets/rifles, not necessarily something I myself would recommend, but just something to put out there. 

Sup, I made quick and dirty fix for mod flashlights, just add these code at end of any mod .lua file

FlashlightFix = {};FlashlightFix.onKeyPressed = function(key)    local Player = getSpecificPlayer(0);    if key == getCore():getKey("Equip/Turn On/Off Light Source") then        local Item = Player:getPrimaryHandItem();        if (instanceof(Item, "HandWeapon") and Item:getCondition() > 0) and Item:getCanon() then            if Item:getCanon():getName() == "Pistol Tactical Light" then                if not Item:isActivated() then                    Item:setTorchCone(true);                    Item:setLightStrength(0.6);                    Item:setLightDistance(15);                    Item:setActivated(true);                else                    Item:setTorchCone(true);                    Item:setLightStrength(0);                    Item:setLightDistance(0);                    Item:setActivated(false);                end            end            if Item:getCanon():getName() == "Rifle Tactical Light" then                if not Item:isActivated() then                    Item:setTorchCone(true);                    Item:setLightStrength(0.7);                    Item:setLightDistance(18);                    Item:setActivated(true);                else                    Item:setTorchCone(true);                    Item:setLightStrength(0);                    Item:setLightDistance(0);                    Item:setActivated(false);                end            end        end    endendEvents.OnKeyPressed.Add(FlashlightFix.onKeyPressed);

Alright, here's my gun suggestions part 2, after much time and research with few fruits of such labor. Pretty much just unusual weapons, see what you think of them.

Compact Off-Duty Police - 4 barrels, 4 shots, .357 and/or .38 Special, pocket pistol. Exotic, deadly, lightweight and using a very common caliber, certainly an interesting weapon to possess, and one that many have not heard of. Derringer-style break action, weight of 1.75 lbs, and it actually works completely in with the canon of the game. To elaborate, the pistol was not popular amongst the operators of the weapon saying that the trigger was too hard to pull, those with less forearm/hand strength claimed it hurt to fire, and therefore many stopped buying it (more power, lower rate of fire, low accuracy, even for a pocket pistol). HOWEVER, production returned (somewhat briefly) in the 1990's, which the game is now set in, 1993 to be precise. But canonical accuracy aside, it's an interesting weapon and one that is often overlooked, and may provide to be a unique addition.

AF2011A1 - This weapon is the result of playing God with one of "The Holy Trinity of Firearms" (Mikhail Kalashnikov, Eugene Stoner, and for our purposes now, John Moses Browning)'s greatest creations. This Frankenstein of a weapon produced from an experiment gone horribly RIGHT is taking an American masterpiece of a firearm way ahead of its time and doubling it. Literally. So now here's the big reveal to what this weapon actually is; it is a double barreled M1911A1, bearing the appearance of being two M1911A1's welded together. Utilizing 2 separate magazines sharing a single base plate, triggers and ejection ports, each having a capacity of 8 rounds and being able to hold a whopping 18 rounds when fully loaded, uses the same .45 ACP caliber, but is also produced in the .38 Super, another boon for practicality. Able to fire both barrels with 1 trigger pull or fire them each independently of each other, all the basic attributes that one would assume from the nature of the weapon, 4 lbs instead of 2 , double the maintenance, double the firepower and double the fun. A rigorous torture test revealed however, that the producing company had sacrificed some of the firing comfort (heavier, more straining recoil and squared grip safety leading to cuts and bruises on the shooter's hand) to make this weapon a reality, while still allowing for similar accuracy to a standard M1911. Very different weapon, my reason for suggesting this weapon and the following are basically "America, that's why!" and "If you're telling me that nobody in Kentucky wants/owns one of these, you're insane."

Chiappa Triple Threat - Triple barreled shotgun, 12 gauge, 'nuff said. Available (according to their sales site) only to the US, this scattergun boasts 3 18.5" break action barrels and a detachable stock to allow for a pistol grip style rather than shoulder stock without permanent damage to the stock. But with great power (multiplied by 3) comes great responsibility (weight). The official stated weight of the Triple Threat is 8.2 lbs, it is massive. For sake of practicality, maybe have the barrels be shorter and use a lighter weight stock when adding it to the mod, if you should so decide, at the cost of some maximum effective range and power. While I could not find the effective range, (or any legitimately useful information), I can say that they are compatible with all Remington chokes and have an acclaimed "unusually high rate of fire". So it's a weird, but giant leadspitter, definitely not the most common of weapons, purposed for home defense. EDIT - After viewing media on youtube, I can most assuredly confirm that the claims of this weapon having a blistering rate of fire are true, and even then, an understatement, it would absolutely shock anyone to see how quickly this machine can squeeze those 3 shells out.

M3A1 "Grease Gun" - I'm not entirely sure if this was an intentioned theme, but I've seen that this mod is including many well received weapons from the WWII era, so why not throw the old "Grease Gun's" hat in the ring? Uses the same .45 ACP caliber as the M1A1, but also produced in 9x19mm Parabellum, 100 yard fixed sights, 30 round magazine, weighing in at a surprising 8 lbs, still a notable weapon, figure it was worth the try to get added.

Dan Wesson PPC .357 - Pretty standard double action revolver (or a general category of revolvers), most notable characteristic is the thick, heavy barrel to compensate for recoil, very intimidating in appearance, something that would be some variety to the revolver stereotype without going to the extremes of A. an extremely large caliber/cylinder capacity (20 shot revolver, anyone?) or B. an ornate antique weapon which is highly unlikely to be found in the US, say a Webley MKIV. However, still the Dan Wesson PPC style of revolver is a rare find, even online, so rarity is definitely a factor.

Lastly, I have some general suggestions just because time restraints (been writing practically nothing for 2 hours) and the overwhelming amount of them disqualifies almost all chances of finding a suitable specific model. I noticed that side-by-side configurations are in the game, but how about some over-under double barreled shotguns, and maybe that point is moot, because, hell, a 2 shot is a 2 shot is a 2 shot, but hey, why not for those who are incredibly picky with their choice of weaponry. So I'd suppose that's it for this unlikely suggestion, but I did see that idea of black powder was being played with so, here's a (relatively) uninspired pitch for blunderbusses and antique muskets/rifles, not necessarily something I myself would recommend, but just something to put out there. 

This is an awesome suggestion list!

The COP .357 is an awesome little gun popularized by being in Blade Runner and several other movies subsequent to that.

AF2011A1 I thought this was a joke... but it is not. That is an insane gun. I'll add it to the very rare list

Chiappa Triple Threat, an awesome and unique suggestion for the very rare list. Reminds me to add some of the Chiappa revolvers as well.

M3A1 Grease Gun, can't believe I forgot this one...

Dan Wesson PPC - I always liked the look of this one. However, I always had trouble finding stats like weught... Doesn anyone have this kind of info on the PPC?

As for some older revolvers, I think I have one of the 10 shot .22 revolvers, but if you have any other interesting revolvers, drop them in!

I like the Webly but it uses some rare/specific ammo. The only types I can think of that it uses is the .455 Webly and the .38/200

Sup, I made quick and dirty fix for mod flashlights, just add these code at end of any mod .lua file

FlashlightFix = {};FlashlightFix.onKeyPressed = function(key)    local Player = getSpecificPlayer(0);    if key == getCore():getKey("Equip/Turn On/Off Light Source") then        local Item = Player:getPrimaryHandItem();        if (instanceof(Item, "HandWeapon") and Item:getCondition() > 0) and Item:getCanon() then            if Item:getCanon():getName() == "Pistol Tactical Light" then                if not Item:isActivated() then                    Item:setTorchCone(true);                    Item:setLightStrength(0.6);                    Item:setLightDistance(15);                    Item:setActivated(true);                else                    Item:setTorchCone(true);                    Item:setLightStrength(0);                    Item:setLightDistance(0);                    Item:setActivated(false);                end            end            if Item:getCanon():getName() == "Rifle Tactical Light" then                if not Item:isActivated() then                    Item:setTorchCone(true);                    Item:setLightStrength(0.7);                    Item:setLightDistance(18);                    Item:setActivated(true);                else                    Item:setTorchCone(true);                    Item:setLightStrength(0);                    Item:setLightDistance(0);                    Item:setActivated(false);                end            end        end    endendEvents.OnKeyPressed.Add(FlashlightFix.onKeyPressed);

This is a great patch for now! I am currently changing the way weapon mods work, so it will be replaced soonish, but this is great!

All here is the most recent version. As it seems that the distribution script is working like a charm now, this branch is now being set as the stable release.

It has a couple of fixes and the temporary Flashlight Fix courtesy of Detla-chan

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m1pvuemdbuhyo70/ORGM+1.242.zip

I am working on the new attachment system, I have just been busy this last week, so, be patient!

As always, notify me if you find any little bugs!

FYI, I am still working on the attachment system, but it is taking much longer than I thought because the possible breakthroughs I have made have opened up possible avenues I am exploring to streamline (and make possible) multiple ammo types and even the possibility of mixed magazines/loads.

I can't absolutely guarantee it will work, but from what I have been playing around with it looks like it is possible. If it is possible, this will take a while to convert all of my current assets to this new system. So stay tuned! I'll keep up with the updates. Much thanks to Delta-chan whose code contributions (that I was going to implement but now might not need to) gave me an idea springboard!

I love this community!

FYI, I am still working on the attachment system, but it is taking much longer than I thought because the possible breakthroughs I have made have opened up possible avenues I am exploring to streamline (and make possible) multiple ammo types and even the possibility of mixed magazines/loads.

I can't absolutely guarantee it will work, but from what I have been playing around with it looks like it is possible. If it is possible, this will take a while to convert all of my current assets to this new system. So stay tuned! I'll keep up with the updates. Much thanks to Delta-chan whose code contributions (that I was going to implement but now might not need to) gave me an idea springboard!

I love this community!

Will this mean we will see attachments?

I love this community!

Will this mean we will see attachments?

If you mean my overhauled attachment code, yes, it looks like it is a go (just a lot of work getting it there). Plenty of slog work and in depth coding required... not to mention testing...

If you mean being able to see attachments on the model/sprite? Its definitely a possibility, though I only have a few attachment models and I am not well versed on how to get them onto the weapon models...yet. I have yet to try changing the weapon sprite or model via code, but I am not sure why it wouldn't be possible.

I really want to try this mod but I cant get it to work. I have put the file into the mods folder and It will not show up in the mods menu

Just to ask the first question, did you extract the mod and install the modelloader?

I really want to try this mod but I cant get it to work. I have put the file into the mods folder and It will not show up in the mods menu

You very likely put it in the wrong mods folder, because there's actually two, and one's fake!

Mods should go into the zomboid folder in My Documents, the one in the game folder is just a dummy.

If you did that, then I have no idea.