ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Almost every weapon i have is missing the texture, shows the character wielding the wind

Did you take all the files in the "Main Folder Drop" folder and put them in your main project zomboid folder/media?

Yes i did.

My hardware don't support 3D models, if this can be of help

...Hmm, that is an interesting conundrum then. I have never run the game without 3d models, I'll see if I can reproduce the error  when I get back from work.

Nevermind... It seems I will need to keep up the non-custom model one for people who don't have 3d model support.

Hi! I made an account to request a weapon. Beretta 692 Sporting. It's a 12 gauge over-under shotgun primarily used for clay bird and bird bird shooting, and I think it should be added because it's the same weapon used by the protagonist of the manga I Am A Hero, a manga about a zombie apocalypse, so it fits perfectly, IMO. All the specifications (stock composition, barrel length, chamber width, etc) are at this link: http://www.beretta.com/en/692/

I tried copy pasting the table but it was a mess, haha.

On an unrelated note, how do I apply mods to weapons? I found a Glock 21 and a Pistol Laser and I can't figure out how to attach it.

Hi! I made an account to request a weapon. Beretta 692 Sporting. It's a 12 gauge over-under shotgun primarily used for clay bird and bird bird shooting, and I think it should be added because it's the same weapon used by the protagonist of the manga I Am A Hero, a manga about a zombie apocalypse, so it fits perfectly, IMO. All the specifications (stock composition, barrel length, chamber width, etc) are at this link: http://www.beretta.com/en/692/

On an unrelated note, how do I apply mods to weapons? I found a Glock 21 and a Pistol Laser and I can't figure out how to attach it.

You need a screwdriver to attach them.

Hi! I made an account to request a weapon. Beretta 692 Sporting. It's a 12 gauge over-under shotgun primarily used for clay bird and bird bird shooting, and I think it should be added because it's the same weapon used by the protagonist of the manga I Am A Hero, a manga about a zombie apocalypse, so it fits perfectly, IMO. All the specifications (stock composition, barrel length, chamber width, etc) are at this link: http://www.beretta.com/en/692/

I'll add it to the list, there is another over-under on the list already (the Remington Spartan 310) but I will add another as it is very easy.

Don't worry about it, thanks for providing the link! :mrgreen:

The Armsel Striker doesn't appear to be re-modeled just retextured, just an fyi. Maybe it's because the game is pixelated so it just doesn't seem like it, Idk.

Yes, well, my amazing friends here can only work so fast. As I said in a previous post, most of the models will be placeholders until such time as we can get custom models for them. So, be patient and you will have your models

The Armsel Striker doesn't appear to be re-modeled just retextured, just an fyi. Maybe it's because the game is pixelated so it just doesn't seem like it, Idk.

Im working on the model currently, well. Trying...

And doing an amazing job, I'm sure. I am really looking forward to what you put out!

Is this mod updated for Build 31?

Yep, it is currently for Build 31. The IWBUMS Build 32 might work but I can't guarantee it.

I can confirm IWBUMS works without issue.

Thank you, and you will be happy to know I am instituting the 7.62x51<->.308 compatibility conversions in the next release (which should be Friday or Saturday latest.) Also put in .223 to 5.56 (with more damaging results to durability) and added in Slugs for shotguns.

Also any amazing people still working on some models and want them included in the next release (1.23), give me the links by tomorrow afternoon!

Thanks again everyone!

When i rack my sks a clip comes out of the gun. Not sure if Hardcore reloading works with this mod but if you could get it to work..... ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Haha i really love hardcore reloading though. Hope this gets fixed. Great mod though!

If the ammo is still in the gun, I'd call that an intended feature. Stripper clips are more or less the speedloader analogue for rifles.

If the ammo is still in the gun, I'd call that an intended feature. Stripper clips are more or less the speedloader analogue for rifles.

I put 10 bullets in the SKS. Then after everytime i shoot i press X to rack my gun, when i do that i can shoot the next bullet and a clip comes out of the gun aswell, when nothing should come out of the gun after you rack it.. Unless of course you already have a bullet racked then the bullet should come out after racking it twice, i think?

I put 10 bullets in the SKS. Then after everytime i shoot i press X to rack my gun, when i do that i can shoot the next bullet and a clip comes out of the gun aswell, when nothing should come out of the gun after you rack it.. Unless of course you already have a bullet racked then the bullet should come out after racking it twice, i think?

Alright, I see what you mean now. I looked at the script, and it seems there's an error in that racking speedloader guns checks if a gun has ammo instead of checking if its chambered like it should be.

On that note, you might want to add a new reloadClass for revolvers, since cocking them just rotates the cylinder, and doesn't eject rounds at all.

So, Ive made the model and can export it but im having a hard time texturing it and cant get the texture to transfer onto the model for the life of me... any tips?

Did the texture work right in the editor, and what program are you using?

Alright, I see what you mean now. I looked at the script, and it seems there's an error in that racking speedloader guns checks if a gun has ammo instead of checking if its chambered like it should be.

On that note, you might want to add a new reloadClass for revolvers, since cocking them just rotates the cylinder, and doesn't eject rounds at all.

I'll respond to both of you at once,

First, EB (If I can call you that), thanks for the kind words!

This was a mistake by me, as I don't use hardcore (though I should) I didn't account for the racking ejection script for speedloader weapons.

It never came up with other weapons becuase either they used loose rounds or were mag fed and the script already took that into account. When I made the speedloader script i did it off a copy of the loose round loading script and never changed the racking section of the script.

It is a quick fix and I'll put it in for this week's update, it won't need a whole new reloadclass as there is already a separation between chambering and nonchambering versions of the reload scripts and I will just remove the rackign script from the nonchambering versions as well to reduce the confusion on this. I would keep it in so you can spin the cylinder on the revolvers but currently I am not tracking if there is a loaded round in each specific chamber so the spinning the cylinder wouldn't do anything.

Eventually I will make the cylinder type script for revolvers, but it is not particularly high on the priority list.... maybe for the full 1.3 release.

I'll have to do a full lookover of the reload classes I have to make sure they jive with hardcore.

Thanks for reminding me!

all You'd need to do one thing

On all ammunition, make a B32 compatible variant where you may extract gunpowder from rounds.

since we need gunpowder to make pipe bombs and stuff.

Er... My problem with modding for the IWBUMS is that the code changes more quickly/drastically than it would for the main builds. This is why I have not been keeping ahead of that curve.

I would need to much more research on how that system operates, how much powder is derived from the ammo breakdown, are there raw materials afterward etc.

Also, I am loath to keep up two sets of code (or three because I am pseudo-keeping up a version without the custom models.)

When i rack my sks a clip comes out of the gun. Not sure if Hardcore reloading works with this mod but if you could get it to work..... ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Haha i really love hardcore reloading though. Hope this gets fixed. Great mod though!

Naw, stripper clips never enter the gun, they usually attach to the top and you push the ammo down into the gun (usually only rifles but the older mauser pistols had them too). The only exception to that (that I know of) is for the M1 Garand. The stripper clip is pushed into the rifle in that case so I set it up as a mag fed weapon.

So, Ive made the model and can export it but im having a hard time texturing it and cant get the texture to transfer onto the model for the life of me... any tips?

paint.net and no i dont think so....

paint.net and no i dont think so....

I meant for modeling, but if you did texturing in sketchup, it 100% won't work. You have to do it all in blender. Look up some tutorials on "UV mapping."

For drawing textures onto your UV map, you'll probably want something like Photoshop or GIMP, unless paint.net has layers

would your mod add new outlooks of guns? Having a crossbow looked like a shotgun is quite annoying.

Unfortunately no, as far as I know it is still not possible to add gun models.

If I am wrong let me know and I will get to work on that as well

Have you tried the method in the following post?

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14539-implementing-custom-weapon-models/

would your mod add new outlooks of guns? Having a crossbow looked like a shotgun is quite annoying.

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/14539-implementing-custom-weapon-models/

Read the OP, his mod already has new models. Just no crossbow :P

Edit: Gun suggestions are always fun, so I'd like to suggest the Winchester 1897. It's relatively common having been used in the US from WWI through Vietnam.

Also you can slam-fire it, so there's that.

Edit: Gun suggestions are always fun, so I'd like to suggest the Winchester 1897. It's relatively common having been used in the US from WWI through Vietnam.

Added though I don't know how I would add a slam fire mechanic ;)

Hah, I dunno fire on rack.

Also, I did some more bugsnooping through the reloadables, and the item that racking creates should be self.ammoType.ammoType, since self (gun) . ammoType (magazine) . ammotype (cartridge).

nice.