ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Not to mention it is illegal unless you get the tax stamp, which is a prohibitive chunk of change and the ATF follows you closely form then on out which scares some of those right wing crazies that think the government is out to get them.

Sorry friend, but you are wrong in that regard, kentucky has no laws against automatic weapons or mag capacity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Kentucky under assault weapon laws and purchasing these weapons does not require a permit or stamp, you do require a lisense for federal reasons, but while that takes time, I know over 90 people with class 3 FFLs(Federal Firearms License) granted they are mostly ex/current military/law enforcement, some of them are just random people and a teacher. $30 for a 3 year license is not a big chunk, though a 3-12 month wait time is long, that isnt very long in the long run, so yeah... the big chunk only occurs if you are selling weapons or handling explosives, which is much harder to obtain at $3,000 just to own those, and that is when things get a bit scary.

I might be wrong though, its mostly just what I remember. I know sales and imports cost insane amounts of coin for licensing.

For automatic weapons there is also the tax stamp and all the forms under the NFA.

Here is an FAQ from a gun producer in the States:

http://blog.adamsarms.net/blog/how-do-i-get-an-nfa-tax-stamp

So its about $200 bucks, but you are required to buy the gun from a dealer with a class 3 license, then fill out ATF form 4 and have the chief law enforcement officer of your area sign the document. Automatic guns themselves are expensive. Buying one from a class 3 dealer makes it more expensive.

To top it all off, you get put into the BAFTE (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives) database with your ATF 4 form, fingerprints and photo.

This is what I was talking about, it is a federal function, not a state one. States can then have their own more restrictive gun regulations, (which obviously Kentucky does not and Kansas just got rid of its training requirements for conceal-carry thanks to their governor Sam Brownback).

A much better distribution now.

Extremely rare, is now extremely rare. Except for places where there should be more guns & ammo, like cop shops and military.

Glad you approve, I kept the police stations and the gun stores the way they were

Has the Mk48 been suggested yet? just to add another gun for the 7.62x51 caliber...

Yowza, no, it has not, can;t imagine why you would want another belt fed weapon, I can barely find enough ammo for one whole belt of the M249...

Anyway, I am a bit hesitant to put it on the list as the only instance of it I can find is that it is under field trials by USSOCOM  (one of our various spec ops divisions. As such... I think it would be neigh impossible to find one lying about. I'm more likely to add the M60 or M240... but we shall see... I havent added any other LMGs yet.

Let me think on it.

Oh. I knew I forgot something. What about Bayonets as an upgrade? I mean, in the distant future (if you care enough), or if you know someone who can add the animations needed, they could be used instead of the standard shove when pushing the spacebar. While I dont know the legality of them, I do know that they are sold in Army surplus stores.

This is mainly so that i can use an older bolt action without panicking when attacked from an unexpected position.

Its just a thought.

Oh. I knew I forgot something. What about Bayonets as an upgrade? I mean, in the distant future (if you care enough), or if you know someone who can add the animations needed, they could be used instead of the standard shove when pushing the spacebar. While I dont know the legality of them, I do know that they are sold in Army surplus stores.

This is mainly so that i can use an older bolt action without panicking when attacked from an unexpected position.

Its just a thought.

I don't think they are banned federally anymore, though I can't say for sure.

I know you can buy old surplus rifles like the mosin with the bayonet lug.

They are on the list of maybes eventually, but as it stands right now, I believe the shove button is hard coded to be the shove button. On top of that they don't yet have the capability for custom animations (without replacing) quite yet, but I believe it is coming soonish.

Finally the idea of me having to code a separate melee function on a ranged weapon makes me want to vomit.

We shall see...

Oh, and no update this week, I was too busy with the tax deadlines this week then catching up with other work. Also, the unloading script which is going to be my next interim release is currently vexing me. I can't quite get it to work... Would anyone have any idea how to look at what I have so far and point out where I am messing up if I sent them the files? All of them are LUA btw, so ... not easy stuff like the capitalization problems I was having

I don't think they are banned federally anymore, though I can't say for sure.

I know you can buy old surplus rifles like the mosin with the bayonet lug.

They are on the list of maybes eventually, but as it stands right now, I believe the shove button is hard coded to be the shove button. On top of that they don't yet have the capability for custom animations (without replacing) quite yet, but I believe it is coming soonish.

Finally the idea of me having to code a separate melee function on a ranged weapon makes me want to vomit.

We shall see...

Yeah, I figured as much.

Oh, and no update this week, I was too busy with the tax deadlines this week then catching up with other work. Also, the unloading script which is going to be my next interim release is currently vexing me. I can't quite get it to work... Would anyone have any idea how to look at what I have so far and point out where I am messing up if I sent them the files? All of them are LUA btw, so ... not easy stuff like the capitalization problems I was having

I might be able to help, I was a lua coder, but again, its been some time, I can toss it around for a bit and find some issues.

I might be able to help, I was a lua coder, but again, its been some time, I can toss it around for a bit and find some issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5lua4sk52y4yu0p/Reload+Files.zip

Here is the files I have been working on. If you, good sir, or any others would like to take a peek.

Here is the files I have been working on. If you, good sir, or any others would like to take a peek.

Ok, tell me the specific problem you are seeing or are all of them not functional? if you know something is wrong, what is the intended function?

Ok, tell me the specific problem you are seeing or are all of them not functional? if you know something is wrong, what is the intended function?

There are not LUA errors, so it is correctly laid out, bad lua errors being thrown by the console, I fixed all those. For one reason or another the ui context menu option to unload ammo is not showing up.

I am trying to get the lua code down for unloading ammo. For now I only set it up for the magazines. Once I get it working there I plan on adapting it for the guns.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Was on vacation last week after the end of tax season, rest assured I am still working away at this mod.

Alas, still no headway on the unloading function but I am working on getting speed loaders/stripper clips working, which should be done by the end of the week.

stay tuned!

Also, does anyone know how to move this topic out of the WIP section, I think we are getting near that point.

sweet I love this mod, keep up the good work. By the way is it possible for you to add ammo cans like the ones from YAW? I get so much excitement and joy when I find one of them little treasure chests (don't know if that would be copy right or anything). If you don't want to add this its ok, it IS a gun mod. would be cool know.

sweet I love this mod, keep up the good work. By the way is it possible for you to add ammo cans like the ones from YAW? I get so much excitement and joy when I find one of them little treasure chests (don't know if that would be copy right or anything). If you don't want to add this its ok, it IS a gun mod. would be cool know.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Ammo Cans: Possible, check; Easy to code, check; Not intellectual property, check; exciting to find, check;

Seems to check out. I'll put it on the list, maybe not for the next interim release (slated for EoW) but soonish. They will be incredibly rare though, don't want people getting troves of ordinance.

I don't know if anyone is onto this but when even I'm a veteran with an automatic rifle (or any gun other than a shotgun) even while aiming i empty 30 rounds on one zombie and not 1 bullet hits or knocks them back. Its literally past a joke now when I emptied 50 rounds of 5.7mm on 3 zombies and not 1 bullet hit...

This games firearm aiming system sucks ass, is there any way of improving it?

With the non-spread (Shotguns)  weapons the aiming arc is very small, so you have to be fairly close to pointing at the zombie for it to kick off the hit  chance based off your skill. Also, it is very difficult to shoot zombies with long rifles at short range (for various RL reasons like weapon length and the sights being zeroed in at a gereal medium range.). However the 2 5.7 weapons shouldn't encounter  that problem as they are both short, and judging by the ammo you shot it must have been a P90.

Short of upping the hit chance to annoying heights (I think the RKF mod did this) I am not sure how to do it. I remember with the RKF mod I was able to peg zombies with almost every shot at long range with a Glock 20, which I didn't like...

I will look into the hit chance increase per rank of skill and see if it is something I need to adjust.

The rest of the aiming system is hardcoded I believe (though I could be wrong)

Good News I got my Speed Loader test code to work, I have some errands to run today but I will try to finish it up for release along with ammo cans sometime this weekend.

The speedloader code works like this:

It will check to see if you have a speedloader in your inventory, if you don't or it is empty, it will load from loose rounds, otherwise it will load from the speedloader (partially if the empty space in the weapon is less than what is in the speedloader)

1.17 interim edition is released!

Adds in ammo cans and speed loaders for revolvers (except for the Colt SAA) and for the SKS and Mosin Nagant.

Adds in Ammo Cans (large boxes) Which are craftable from either 10 boxes of a particular ammo or 10x the ammo required for 1 box.

Otherwise they are able to be found (albeit rarely) in police stations, gun stores and even more rarely in storage units.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6ir991fmpf58ord/ORGM+1.17.zip

Let me know if you find any issues!

And thanks to all those who support and like the mod!