ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Jesus... abundant spawns? I noticed that the warehouses in the south part of West Point have an inordinant amount of ammo in them... I think I need to fix that...

Compared to e.g. NCYawMod (NCrawlers Yet Another Weapon Mod) the guns in this mod are quite abudant indeed (I use the default setting which is "Rare" on all three loot settings).

I got no clue how high the gun/ ammo distribution is in Kentucky though, especially as a german.

So the current spawn behaviour could be realistic. I'm actually against making them uncomming if they aren't in real life.

Though one could probably lower the number a bit seeing how a lot of people got zombified (they wouldn't all go down without a fight I guess) but not so much that it becomes a "oh god, I found  a gun and/ or 10 bullets" type of situation.

Personally I prefer it if games go the "lets add real life mechanics to balance stuff out" approach instead of just simply nerfing things.

E.g. for guns:

• spawning already damaged or even broken guns
  • weapon jamming based on how damaged a gun is (ideally you'd use real life values for this is possible - at least for pristine conditions and then make the gun worse with wear - unless there is a gun which gets better the worse it is for wear)
  • turning normal or hardcore reload on by default - but that requires also adding magazines to the loot table (because otherrwise it becomes "nerfing" instead of actual balance)

I have to say I quite liked hardcore reloading except only having one magazine - though I didn't play long enough to actually check if magazines spawn already. It's a pity I cannot force Hardcore Reloading on my private server though (which is why I avoid it for now) :(

Jesus... abundant spawns? I noticed that the warehouses in the south part of West Point have an inordinant amount of ammo in them... I think I need to fix that...

Compared to e.g. NCYawMod (NCrawlers Yet Another Weapon Mod) the guns in this mod are quite abudant indeed (I juse the default setting which is "Rare" on all three loot settings).

I got no clue how high the gun/ ammo distribution is in Kentucky though, especially as a german.

So the current spawn behaviour could be realistic. I'm actually against making them uncomming if they aren't in real life.

Though one could probably lower the number a bit seeing how a lot of people got zombified (they wouldn't all go down without a fight I guess) but not so much that it becomesa "oh god, a gun and 10 bullets" type of situation.

Personally I prefer it if games go the "lets add real life mechanics to balance stuff out" approach instead of just simply nerfing things.

E.g. for guns:

• weapon jamming based on how damaged a gun is (ideally you'd use real life values for this is possible - at least for pristine conditions and then make the gun worse with wear - unless there is a gun which gets better the worse it is for wear)
  • turning normal or hardcore reload on by default - but that requires also adding magazines to the loot table (because otherrwise it becomes "nerfing" instead of actual balance)

I have to say I quite liked hardcore reloading except only having one magazine - though I didn't play long enough to actually check if magazines spawn already. It's a pity I cannot force Hardcore Reloading on my private server though (which is why I avoid it for now) :(

Kentucky has quite a few guns so it is rather realistic and mags already spawn separately. The damaged ideas was already introduced and is in the works.

Compared to e.g. NCYawMod (NCrawlers Yet Another Weapon Mod) the guns in this mod are quite abudant indeed (I juse the default setting which is "Rare" on all three loot settings).

Though one could probably lower the number a bit seeing how a lot of people got zombified (they wouldn't all go down without a fight I guess) but not so much that it becomesa "oh god, a gun and 10 bullets" type of situation.

E.g. for guns:

Kentucky has quite a few guns so it is rather realistic and mags already spawn separately. The damaged ideas was already introduced and is in the works.

Yes, Thank you sir, you are absolutely right on all points, and also the Jamming is on the to-do list.

Er... that is only because JA2 1.13 is one of my more favorite games available. It inspired this mod and it is the game that developed my interest in guns and doing in depth research into all kinds of firearms and how they operate. So... yeah... great times with the HK 417 and my Colt Delta blowing the queen's soldiers away.

Ya know for all my time playing the 1.13 various unstable versions I've never actually beat the game. I usually get right inside the city limits of Meduna and it's just hell with the amount of counter-attacking that happens on every sector that I attempt to move into.

Oh and back on the topic of the mod... the American 180 says on Wikipedia that it should be around 1200 rpm and in the mod its pretty slow but still fully automatic.

Also, the pistol flashlight doesn't seem to work when attached to a weapon, unless I'm doing something wrong. During the attaching with a screwdriver there is brief flash of light emitted by it but then it goes away.

Er... that is only because JA2 1.13 is one of my more favorite games available. It inspired this mod and it is the game that developed my interest in guns and doing in depth research into all kinds of firearms and how they operate. So... yeah... great times with the HK 417 and my Colt Delta blowing the queen's soldiers away.

Ya know for all my time playing the 1.13 various unstable versions I've never actually beat the game. I usually get right inside the city limits of Meduna and it's just hell with the amount of counter-attacking that happens on every sector that I attempt to move into.

Oh and back on the topic of the mod... the American 180 says on Wikipedia that it should be around 1200 rpm and in the mod its pretty slow but still fully automatic.

Also, the pistol flashlight doesn't seem to work when attached to a weapon, unless I'm doing something wrong. During the attaching with a screwdriver there is brief flash of light emitted by it but then it goes away.

Yeah, I don't think I have ever actually killed the queen, had too much fun scouring the countryside...

Good point, I'll fix that, plus it will be a reward for loosing 2-3 days trying to fill that thing with ammo (being hyperbolic). There is a max speed though which the P90 is at, for some reason if you go lower is slows down again...

Does the F button not work for toggling it? Honestly I didn't think those taclights would work the way the coding was set up, but, I thought I would give it a try.

Yeah, I don't think I have ever actually killed the queen, had too much fun scouring the countryside...

Good point, I'll fix that, plus it will be a reward for loosing 2-3 days trying to fill that thing with ammo (being hyperbolic). There is a max speed though which the P90 is at, for some reason if you go lower is slows down again...

Does the F button not work for toggling it? Honestly I didn't think those taclights would work the way the coding was set up, but, I thought I would give it a try.

I remember flashlights use to work, I found a pistol tac light and slapped it on an M9, used it in the PD  during night, worked fine like a normal flashlight. don't know if I tried the toggle, but I may have.

It takes you 2-3 days to find enough ammo to fill your gun or the mag(The mag is ridiculous unless you have snap reloads like me, heh) I point you to my ammo shack in the woods, I currently have almost 24,000 9mm Para, 6,000 5.56mm Nato, 5,000 7.62mm Nato, and only about 4,000 12G Buckshot(I keep using it to clear houses along with the .454 raging bull by firing it about 50 feet from the door or open window)

I remember flashlights use to work, I found a pistol tac light and slapped it on an M9, used it in the PD  during night, worked fine like a normal flashlight. don't know if I tried the toggle, but I may have.

It takes you 2-3 days to find enough ammo to fill your gun or the mag(The mag is ridiculous unless you have snap reloads like me, heh) I point you to my ammo shack in the woods, I currently have almost 24,000 9mm Para, 6,000 5.56mm Nato, 5,000 7.62mm Nato, and only about 4,000 12G Buckshot(I keep using it to clear houses along with the .454 raging bull by firing it about 50 feet from the door or open window)

Good lord, how long have you been playing with my mod?!

Am I the only one having infinite ammo?

And is there a way to fix it, that is really annoying, tried new game and reinstalling and nothing helped.

Could you be more specific? Are all guns having infinite ammo issues? Which version are you using?

And is there a way to fix it, that is really annoying, tried new game and reinstalling and nothing helped.

Could you be more specific? Are all guns having infinite ammo issues? Which version are you using?

Maybe 12-14 hours in the last week or so.

Again, I ran into the bug of infinite ammo, to solve it, you must disable the mod in game, close down the game, delete the ORGM folder in the mods, download and unzip most recent version of the mod in the mods folder, start up the game and enable it, starting a new world is best as any guns before hand might not work properly.

I personally think you may need to lower the distribution of the weapons and ammo. I just started a new game with everything set to extremely rare and and in the first hr. of play, I have enough weapons and ammo to start a small war.

I also start all my games in RingoD123's BedfordFalls map if that matters.

Maybe 12-14 hours in the last week or so.

Again, I ran into the bug of infinite ammo, to solve it, you must disable the mod in game, close down the game, delete the ORGM folder in the mods, download and unzip most recent version of the mod in the mods folder, start up the game and enable it, starting a new world is best as any guns before hand might not work properly.

That's right you got the issue when the IWBMS switched over

I personally think you may need to lower the distribution of the weapons and ammo. I just started a new game with everything set to extremely rare and and in the first hr. of play, I have enough weapons and ammo to start a small war.

Where are you getting the most spawns? Which bit seems the most unrealistic? Now that you mention it, I am 98% sure my distributions are not affected by loot rarity settings as I have them operating outside the normal distribution framework. I could be wrong though.

getting infinite ammo bug 2

See the above comment, this is caused by the unstable version switch over.

Some more suggstions the Remington Spartan 100 made in Russia in 2005 and the Kel-Tec KSG made in U.S in 2011

Also the Kac SR-25 magazine has no icon and when I died I was carring the Benelli XM1014 and it duplicated on the ground so now I have 2.

My game froze when trying to load the last bullet of an assault rifle and it's stuck in a loop.

Which assault rifle did you encounter the freezing on?

Some more suggstions the Remington Spartan 100 made in Russia in 2005 and the Kel-Tec KSG made in U.S in 2011

Also the Kac SR-25 magazine has no icon and when I died I was carring the Benelli XM1014 and it duplicated on the ground so now I have 2.

You certainly like your shotguns. I'll put them on the list but I may postpone them as I have a bunch of SGs already

I'll look into the mag icon issue, as for the shotgun duplication that is interesting. I have some theories but I will look into it some more before I say for sure.

My game froze when trying to load the last bullet of an assault rifle and it's stuck in a loop.

You certainly like your shotguns. I'll put them on the list but I may postpone them as I have a bunch of SGs already

I'll look into the mag icon issue, as for the shotgun duplication that is interesting. I have some theories but I will look into it some more before I say for sure.

Actually I reproduced it with the P90 and the Mosin Nagant. It took a while, but it occurred. Fixed by creating a new character.

Actually I reproduced it with the P90 and the Mosin Nagant. It took a while, but it occurred. Fixed by creating a new character.

Are you on the IWBMS?

Just to make sure everyone has reloading set to hardcore right? I haven't gotten any of these errors but I havent messed with any of the ARs much.

I had mine on Normal when I was testing, I didn't encounter the problem. My theory is that is had to do with the IWBMS

Where are you getting the most spawns? Which bit seems the most unrealistic? Now that you mention it, I am 98% sure my distributions are not affected by loot rarity settings as I have them operating outside the normal distribution framework. I could be wrong though.

Most are found in double dressers (the tall one with 2 doors), in almost every house. The other places would be police stations and any type of barracks, in the metal containers. But the later two I can understand, since I think there should be more weapons/ammo at those locations.

Its time for round 2 of the low studied list of guns this time Sniper Rifles!! here we go 1. Armalite AR-25   2. AWC G2    3.CheyTac Intervention   4.M40   5. M24 Sniper Weapon System

6.Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout    7.Savage 110 BA     8. Barrette M99     9.Steyr SSG 69 10. Accuracy International AWM  same as last time didn't do to much studying so lets see how this will go. :P

Its time for round 2 of the low studied list of guns this time Sniper Rifles!! here we go 1. Armalite AR-25   2. AWC G2    3.CheyTac Intervention   4.M40   5. M24 Sniper Weapon System

6.Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout    7.Savage 110 BA     8. Barrette M99     9.Steyr SSG 69 10. Accuracy International AWM  same as last time didn't do to much studying so lets see how this will go. :P

If I wasnt so dizzy and light headed I would toss you into the lake for repeats of guns that shall not be named. *Pukes and falls to the side* see ya tomorrow, heh. (Most of those guns have already been talked about and either wont be added because of in-availability or oddity of cartridge, as well as some just being the same gun with minor changes or a new name.

Most are found in double dressers (the tall one with 2 doors), in almost every house. The other places would be police stations and any type of barracks, in the metal containers. But the later two I can understand, since I think there should be more weapons/ammo at those locations.

Yeah, I might tone down the possibility of guns in houses a bit, and on persons.

If you think those are crazy, don't go to storage units... I have a lot of dist. lowering to do there. Apparently the storage units are run by the gun running cartels judging by the ammo I found.

Aside from Archadeas' (rightful) indignation below, I will specifically address your suggestions.

1) Armalite AR-25 - so similar to the KAC SR-25 already included it is not worth adding. (I realize this is somewhat hypocritical considering some of the shotguns included)

2) AWC G2 - This is a gun I have never heard of which means it is very obscure... because I know many obscure guns. Per the wiki page less than 100 were ever produced... I'll leave this one out for now.

3) Cheytac Intervention - Already discussed as a non-include due to the expensiveness of the gun and the obscurity of the caliber, in your defense I forgot to list it on the "guns to exclude" section

4) M40 - The militarized version of the Remington 700, I'll put it on the maybe list as the more modern interations of the M40 are built differently

5) M24 - Another Remington 700, but htis time a police version. I'll put it on the maybe for if I ever add the .300 Win Mag round

6) Desert Tactical Arms Stealth Recon Scout - Another one of those obscure rarely used guns (except for the country of Georgia apparently) for now, on the no-go list...

7) Savage 110 BA - Solid hunting rifle, will add it for a new caliber the .22-250 which is a fairly popular hunting cartridge

8) Barrett M99 - Single shot .50 BMG, on the maybe/much later list with the other .50s

9) Steyr SSG 69 - Will probably add it, but I have a lot of 7.62x51s already, I will go for the .22-250 like the Savage

10) AI AWM - Already inccluded under the AI AW .308 rifle, I don't want to add the AWM because it is chambered in the .338 which is pretty uncommon as a civilian caliber. I know it comes in the .300 WM also, but as I already have it's lighter caliber cousin, I'll abstain.

Good lot of suggestions, as always I am willing to take more, just be ready for me to deny some ;)

If I wasnt so dizzy and light headed I would toss you into the lake for repeats of guns that shall not be named. *Pukes and falls to the side* see ya tomorrow, heh. (Most of those guns have already been talked about and either wont be added because of in-availability or oddity of cartridge, as well as some just being the same gun with minor changes or a new name.

Oh no! is Lord Archadeas sick? Some of his suggestions were repeats or already discussed, though in his defense they were at least under different names or not listed on the lists. In the case of the Remington 700 knockoffs, they are effectively the same gun. However, as the Remington 700 in the game already is in the .30-06 caliber, adding the other two under different calibers might be warranted, the ammo just might be harder to come by, for now they are on the maybe/later list. I might change my mind and nix them if I find better unique representations of hunting/sniper rifles in those calibers.

Oh no! is Lord Archadeas sick? Some of his suggestions were repeats or already discussed, though in his defense they were at least under different names or not listed on the lists. In the case of the Remington 700 knockoffs, they are effectively the same gun. However, as the Remington 700 in the game already is in the .30-06 caliber, adding the other two under different calibers might be warranted, the ammo just might be harder to come by, for now they are on the maybe/later list. I might change my mind and nix them if I find better unique representations of hunting/sniper rifles in those calibers.

Yep, the bubonic nephew plague I think, heh, whatever it is, caused an inner ear infection and was contagious. It happens, but I cant even distract myself with games, oh well.