ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242 [32.30]

ORMtnMan

Ok cool To make up for putting so many ideas about features  im just going to suggest a shotgun :P The Armsel Striker

I was going to give a compulsory "no" from my experiences seeing it in videogames, but after I gave it some thought, I don't see why not. It is semi-automatic (I already have semi-auto shotguns) and you have to load each shell into the rotating cylinder manually, it is fairly heavy.

Adding it to the list. Though it will be rare

Ok cool To make up for putting so many ideas about features  im just going to suggest a shotgun :P The Armsel Striker

I was going to give a compulsory "no" from my experiences seeing it in videogames, but after I gave it some thought, I don't see why not. It is semi-automatic (I already have semi-auto shotguns) and you have to load each shell into the rotating cylinder manually, it is fairly heavy.

I was actually going to suggest it and Saiga 12(I know a few ex marines with them, they are not common though, but fun)

HK416(5.56mm Nato)

HK417(7.62mm Nato)

L96(7.62mm Nato)

IMI TAR-21(5.56mm Nato)

Lee-Enfield 7.62 variant

VSS Vintorez/KBP VSK-94

OTs-03 SVU 7.62mmR

SIG SG 550

Steyr AUG

Beretta 93

Skorpion vz. 61

Glock 18

CZ75 9mm or .40 variants

HK MK23

Also airsoft guns, heh, good for distractions

Starter pistol

Cap Gun toy

I was actually going to suggest it and Saiga 12(I know a few ex marines with them, they are not common though, but fun)

HK416(5.56mm Nato)

HK417(7.62mm Nato)

L96(7.62mm Nato)

IMI TAR-21(5.56mm Nato)

Lee-Enfield 7.62 variant

VSS Vintorez/KBP VSK-94

OTs-03 SVU 7.62mmR

SIG SG 550

Steyr AUG

Beretta 93

Skorpion vz. 61

Glock 18

CZ75 9mm or .40 variants

HK MK23

Also airsoft guns, heh, good for distractions

Starter pistol

Cap Gun toy

HK 416/HK 417 - I love these guns, the 417 is my favorite rifle currently in existence. That said, are they that different from the already existing AR-15/AR-10? Once I get a reliability mechanic, maybe because (from what I know) that is where those two really shine over their cousins.

L96 - Already included under the AI-AW .308, though I guess this would be the 7.62x51 version of it... so... maybe

IMI Tavor Tar-21 - I don't think I will add this one, as the only current US users are the Pennsylvania Capitol police and the Lakewood, NJ Police Department. So, while there are some ploice that use it in the US, they are a bit far from Kentuck for them to show up that far south.

Lee-Enfield No. 4 (7.62x51) - Looks like it is commercially available, so I'll put it in

VSS Vintorez - An integral silencer russian sniper rifle, very slick and acedemically popular, but not commercially available in the US and not used by police or military therein. Also, it uses the 9x39mm which is also not used in the US (that I know of)

VSK-94 - same as the Vintorez except it is an AR

OTs-03 (Dragunov SVU) - While its predecessor the SVD is available, the SVU is not. Also, it is only used in Russia and Yemen... so no-go

SIG SG550 - I will add a semi-auto civilian version of this one and a FA version of the SG551 as it is used by the US DEA and FBI (though not commonly).

Steyr AUG - I'll add the AUG A3 M1 as it is the current SA civilian model. I will postpone the FA version as it is only used by the US Immigration and Border Security. Said border is fairly far from Kentucky for me to safely assume that the guns won't really show up there.

Beretta 93R - An awesome machine pistol if I have ever seen one. I have loved it since seeing it in Police Story 3. I might add it as a rare spawn because some were imported (and thus tranferrable) before the 1968 ban stopped their importation.

Skorpion vz. 61 - Classic, I am sure there are some floating about in the US considering how old the gun design is. Though, the 61 uses the .32 ACP for which I have no guns currently. Either, you would have to find me another gun that uses it, or, I'll have to go with the 64 (.380 ACP) or 68 (9mm)

Glock 18 - ooohhh.... difficult... I assume they are tax stamp transferrable as they can be produced in the US... so... yeah... sure

CZ-75 - I'll add the .40, I need more .40s

HK MK23 - Will add, they did make a civvie model

Airsoft guns - Err.... I don't know how good of a distraction those would provide... zombies will be attracted to gunshot sounds, but I don't they react to being hit with something in the game code... Also, I don't think airsoft guns make enough noise to attract attention.

Cap Gun - this makes more sense as a distraction/attraction of zombie attention device.

On the shotgun thing I could be wrong but one thing I noticed when comparing the shotguns to one of your others is that for ammo type on Shotguns it says 12gRounds ,

while on im pretty sure every other gun it says for example Ber92Mag , that may be the reason why hope this helps :P

P.S I know very little about LUA and stuff like that

H&R Model 733 .32

Colt Cobra .32

Cold Detective special .32

HK416 and 417 both have differnt looks and and are designed for medium range, considering both to be assault and battle rifles and possibly DMRs ar15 was based for close quarters combat while ar10 is based for medium to long range firing. the 417 can be a decent sniper, the ar10 would not.

I was just thinking a little on the semi reasonable for criminals and illegal imports, I know some of it was a little outside of the box, but plausible.

On the shotgun thing I could be wrong but one thing I noticed when comparing the shotguns to one of your others is that for ammo type on Shotguns it says 12gRounds ,

while on im pretty sure every other gun it says for example Ber92Mag , that may be the reason why hope this helps :P

P.S I know very little about LUA and stuff like that

I need to look into a lot of the shotguns apparently...

H&R Model 733 .32

Colt Cobra .32

Cold Detective special .32

HK416 and 417 both have differnt looks and and are designed for medium range, considering both to be assault and battle rifles and possibly DMRs ar15 was based for close quarters combat while ar10 is based for medium to long range firing. the 417 can be a decent sniper, the ar10 would not.

I was just thinking a little on the semi reasonable for criminals and illegal imports, I know some of it was a little outside of the box, but plausible.

Good finds on the .32. However all three of those revolvers use the .32 Long Colt (AKA .32 Colt New Police) round which is very different from the .32 ACP used by the VZ 61.

After doing some research myself, the most likely weapon to be found in the US with said caliber round would be the Kel-Tec P-32 and or the Taurus Millennium P132

I'll put them on the list for later (the HK416/417) you made some good points on the other differences.

No, keep them coming, those were some great suggestions!

There are so many guns I could name off, all of them have chances of being illegally imported and gangs can have them, older collectors could have them, etc. I will hold off on my list for a little. Need to remember some good double barrels and maybe a "Nail Gun"/improvised nail scatter gun. Also there are spring loaded nail guns shot at a distance of 5-10 feet they can do some damage.

There are so many guns I could name off, all of them have chances of being illegally imported and gangs can have them, older collectors could have them, etc. I will hold off on my list for a little. Need to remember some good double barrels and maybe a "Nail Gun"/improvised nail scatter gun. Also there are spring loaded nail guns shot at a distance of 5-10 feet they can do some damage.

Well, I didn't know they had spring loaded nail guns... huh well, I'll put that one on the eventually list.

Heya, uploaded version 1.07 which has hotfixes for the reloading and icon issues. let me know if you guys find anything else. Or, if you are too lazy to check the front mod page here is the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x37gjtqses46fak/ORGM+1.07.zip

I will continue working toward version 1.1 and should be done with that at some point this weekend.

Well, I didn't know they had spring loaded nail guns... huh well, I'll put that one on the eventually list.

It works by bringing back a hammer with a lever, releasing the hammer with a powerful spring, not quick, but it would work in a pinch, its not as powerful as a compressed air nailgun,though.

It works by bringing back a hammer with a lever, releasing the hammer with a powerful spring, not quick, but it would work in a pinch, its not as powerful as a compressed air nailgun,though.

Also, nailguns don't use basic nails...

Anyway, I noticed a couple issues with the changes I made, will upload another hotfix once I verify I fixed the issue....

On another point I noticed the damage I do with guns goes down if I am exhausted. Has anyone else noticed this and or know what do to about it?

The idea for weapon conditions is how well it is maintained. Spare parts can be obtained from guns of the same type and only from guns of used or new condition.

The weapon condition set can be like this.

New - Best state, never jams and is the best you can get, but needs good constant maintenance to keep it up, as it can never return to this stage.

Used - Needs cleaned up, and rarely jams, over all in good condition, just a few scratches.

Worn - Needs a bit of repair, jamming occurs frequently, best to not let it get too damaged. Weapon repair kit needed to up its stage to used.

Damaged - needs new parts and is barely functional, jamming is almost guaranteed. Spare parts and weapon repair kit needed to raise it's stage to used

Broken - Cant be fired and is useless, better to get a new gun.

The idea for weapon conditions is how well it is maintained. Spare parts can be obtained from guns of the same type and only from guns of used or new condition.

The weapon condition set can be like this.

New - Best state, never jams and is the best you can get, but needs good constant maintenance to keep it up, as it can never return to this stage.

Used - Needs cleaned up, and rarely jams, over all in good condition, just a few scratches.

Worn - Needs a bit of repair, jamming occurs frequently, best to not let it get too damaged. Weapon repair kit needed to up its stage to used.

Damaged - needs new parts and is barely functional, jamming is almost guaranteed. Spare parts and weapon repair kit needed to raise it's stage to used

Broken - Cant be fired and is useless, better to get a new gun.

If there is a way to test current weapon condition I Could use that mechanic and add hooks to lower reliability, increase jamming etc at different levels of wear. That way I don't have to reinvent the wheel.

I'm not entirely sure how difficult it'd be to code, or even if you want to include this in the mod at all, but a recent suggestion thread made me think of this mod immediately. His idea was the implementation of your ears ringing after firing rounds that are of a higher caliber than .22, since without ear protection that would likely be the case. Not sure if this has been discussed before, so if so I apologize.

All credit to this suggestion.

The one thing i hate about these mods is simple.

I will always find guns and ammo, but only once in a blue moon, Will i find both a gun, and matching ammo.

I will always have hundreds of boxes of ammo, and hundreds of guns, but not a damn one is compatible.

Let us craft ammo somehow.

Maybe have another modder add a new location- an ammo factory nearby muldraugh. But it is filled with like 500 zombies. 

because everyone and their mother had the same idea of getting ammo from there.
But if you have gasoline, you can use the machines to make any kind of ammo, by the boxes. 
So, one gas can = 10 boxes.

I'm not entirely sure how difficult it'd be to code, or even if you want to include this in the mod at all, but a recent suggestion thread made me think of this mod immediately. His idea was the implementation of your ears ringing after firing rounds that are of a higher caliber than .22, since without ear protection that would likely be the case. Not sure if this has been discussed before, so if so I apologize.

That sounds like a really cool idea, but honestly... I have not noticed what heppens when your hearing is reduced in game, do you loose track of zombies behind you? Or, does the moaning zombie sound that alerts you to their prescence get quieter?

EDIT: Also, .22 will still cause your ears to ring if you shoot enough (speaking from experience).

I will always find guns and ammo, but only once in a blue moon, Will i find both a gun, and matching ammo.

I will always have hundreds of boxes of ammo, and hundreds of guns, but not a damn one is compatible.

Maybe have another modder add a new location- an ammo factory nearby muldraugh. But it is filled with like 500 zombies. 

But if you have gasoline, you can use the machines to make any kind of ammo, by the boxes. 

Oooohhhhhhkay, so,

First, great way of starting off your message in an inflamatory way that is nearly guaranteed to make my initial dispostion toward you fairly adverse... not a smart way to start things off when you want to ask questions or suggest changes... just saying.

Second, have you played my mod? I coded the distributions so that if you find a gun in a container or on a person, any ammo you find in the same container/person is of the corresponding caliber. The only exception to  that rule is when you only find ammo in a container with no gun.

Third, ammo production, I certainly won't be implementing anything like that and here is why: To manufacture ammo (reloading) you need to have a reloading bench, empty brass, wads, bullets and gun powder. That is just the material requirements, you also need the knowhow on how much power (grains of powder) to put in a particular case so that it fires and does not blow up in your face. The second of those two things would not be redily available to a layman who happens upon a reloading bench during the zombie apocalypse.

Fourth, even if there were a ammunition manufacturing plant nearby, that odds you could operate it correctly by yourself is laughable. Not to mention the manufacturing noise would attract zombies from all around and you would probably just end up blowing yourself up.

Fifth, if you don't like these mods, why do you download them?

Sixth, if you are having such a problem finding the correct ammunition, then cheat! Otherwise, learn  how to ration what ammo you have better. If I have 50 rounds of 9mm and 400 rounds of .40, but I only have a Glock 17, I'm not gonna go crazy shooting wildly at zombies with my low amount of ammo.

Edit: The game is about survival and scrouging for supplies anyway, it breaks the feeling of the game to have ammo to readily available. I almost think there is too much ammo provided by my mod...

I dont' want to come off as being mean here, but you did get me a bit exasperated.

That sounds like a really cool idea, but honestly... I have not noticed what heppens when your hearing is reduced in game, do you loose track of zombies behind you? Or, does the moaning zombie sound that alerts you to their prescence get quieter?

EDIT: Also, .22 will still cause your ears to ring if you shoot enough (speaking from experience).

Oooohhhhhhkay, so,

First, great way of starting off your message in an inflamatory way that is nearly guaranteed to make my initial dispostion toward you fairly adverse... not a smart way to start things off when you want to ask questions or suggest changes... just saying.

Second, have you played my mod? I coded the distributions so that if you find a gun in a container or on a person, any ammo you find in the same container/person is of the corresponding caliber. The only exception to  that rule is when you only find ammo in a container with no gun.

Third, ammo production, I certainly won't be implementing anything like that and here is why: To manufacture ammo (reloading) you need to have a reloading bench, empty brass, wads, bullets and gun powder. That is just the material requirements, you also need the knowhow on how much power (grains of powder) to put in a particular case so that it fires and does not blow up in your face. The second of those two things would not be redily available to a layman who happens upon a reloading bench during the zombie apocalypse.

Fourth, even if there were a ammunition manufacturing plant nearby, that odds you could operate it correctly by yourself is laughable. Not to mention the manufacturing noise would attract zombies from all around and you would probably just end up blowing yourself up.

Sixth, if you are having such a problem finding the correct ammunition, then cheat! Otherwise, learn  how to ration what ammo you have better. If I have 50 rounds of 9mm and 400 rounds of .40, but I only have a Glock 17, I'm not gonna og crazy shooting wildly at zombies with my low amount of ammo.

I dont' want to come off as being mean here, but you did get me a bit exasperated.

Sorry about that, i just discovered the mod, and i assumed it to be like the others, after seeing the massive amount of guns.

It would just be awesome if we could have a gun mod where we can have renewable weapons, while keeping a slight semblance of the conservation of mass.

and i have no clue how to cheat.

Oooohhhhhhkay, so,

Sixth, if you are having such a problem finding the correct ammunition, then cheat! Otherwise, learn  how to ration what ammo you have better. If I have 50 rounds of 9mm and 400 rounds of .40, but I only have a Glock 17, I'm not gonna og crazy shooting wildly at zombies with my low amount of ammo.

Sorry about that, i just discovered the mod, and i assumed it to be like the others, after seeing the massive amount of guns.

It would just be awesome if we could have a gun mod where we can have renewable weapons, while keeping a slight semblance of the conservation of mass.

and i have no clue how to cheat.

Well, no harm done :)

I am not positive by what you mean by having renewable weapons while keeping a slight semblance of conservation of mass, I assume you mean have guns/ammo respawn while keeping the feeling of survival/scrounging.

From what I gather from the settings page for when you start a new game, areas will respawn loot after a set amount of time of you not occupying that area. Zombies will also respawn there so, it won't be a cake-walk. I could be wrong about that though, I haven't really encounted that yet.

As for cheating, I have a code in the game right now that if you press the "end" key you get a beretta and 3 boxes of ammo, that can easily bechanged to spawn whatever ammo/gun/item you want.

Otherwise, if you hold down the shift key while the game is starting up (from the very fist part where the commandline window pops up) you will get a command console in the game. There you can hand enter code to spawn whatever item you want.

>Snip< 

It means, having a way to Make ammunition, and fix guns without worry of running out.

Maybe there is an abundance of military junk and lost resources when they fell back, at the beginning of the knox event.

Like, maybe some zombie soldiers with their gun strapped on their back, or some crashed apc's and tanks. 

But yeah, just guns and ammo you can always get if you work for them, without spontaneously producing matter.

Adding a military base would be cool. Obviously you'd have to make it balanced, with a near infinite to one person armament of weapons, other things want them, or you.

So you can't stay there for long.

Maybe you accidentally set of the alarms when you fist enter, and have to grab what you can carry and book it, and then thousands of zombies pour in and envelop the compound. And then you can't go back there unless you want to die, or have the zombies swarm out like a nest of ants.

>Snip< 

It means, having a way to Make ammunition, and fix guns without worry of running out.

Maybe there is an abundance of military junk and lost resources when they fell back, at the beginning of the knox event.

Like, maybe some zombie soldiers with their gun strapped on their back, or some crashed apc's and tanks. 

But yeah, just guns and ammo you can always get if you work for them, without spontaneously producing matter.

Adding a military base would be cool. Obviously you'd have to make it balanced, with a near infinite to one person armament of weapons, other things want them, or you.

So you can't stay there for long.

Maybe you accidentally set of the alarms when you fist enter, and have to grab what you can carry and book it, and then thousands of zombies pour in and envelop the compound. And then you can't go back there unless you want to die, or have the zombies swarm out like a nest of ants.

I do have a mechanic for maintaining guns implemented in the current mod version using gun oils/maintenance kits. I plan on expanding on it by implementing a way to strip guns for parts to repair other guns, that way if you get piles of guns but only want to use one...

Bodies already have a chance of spawning with some military ordinance on their backs it is just rare at the moment, it is slightly more common for the zombies to drop police weapons, though still rare and more common to drop civilian grade weapons. So even if you strip all the buildings you can kill zombies and possibly get guns/ammo.

I believe there are already some map mods (the name escapes me at the moment) that add military installations to the existing map, though I can't guarantee my mod will be 100% compatible because they may use differently defined rooms or containers than what is available in the base game. I don't think they have alarms... there are just LOADS of zombies in an around those buildings and they are far away from any safe area, so they are fairly prohibitive in the early game.

You could download that map (I want to say it's Deadwood but I'm probably wrong) and test my mod with it, I would certainly appreciate the feedback on if they are compatible.