0.9.1 Hotfix - PZIC: Project Zomboid Item creator

RyuuDZ

Little Intro: I've been lurking the site for a little bit now, and I absolutely love mods in games, for the many reasons that I have. For Project Zomboid, that is limited. So I'm going going to *Attempt* to be creating some script programs to help further the modding community, and to attempt to make modding just that bit easier. (Why not make things easier if it is possible?) 

Or at least get people started with modding. 

Download:

If you have 0.9 already downloaded, follow these instructions for a smaller download file

This download has only the file "PZIC 0.9.1 [Hotfix].exe" Step by step process what to do if you already have 0.9 already downloaded.
- Open the PZIC folder
- Delete PZIC 0.9
- Place in PZIC 0.9.1 [Hotfix].exe in the PZIC folder
Download Link:  Click Here

If you do *not* Have PZIC yet, or would like a fresh download with all files, click here

Download Link: Click here

Update: 11/7/2014 

A Hotfix for.

- Displayname and item name are separated and both fit in the write code correctly.

- Item icon bug fixed. Do not put in file types. (TestImg.png = wrong. | TestImg = Correct)

Now you updated. 

Side note: Since all the writing code is finished (Unless I get informed on any bugs) I'm currently looking into item values of creating items from the main code of Project Zomboid. There is *alot* more on there than the Wiki shoes, so I'm actually very behind. (I'm quite sorry for this.) So I maybe adding more data values to the PZIC database. Do be fair warned though, I myself don't know or understand all the data values and what they do. But I will make sure they can write into the script correctly. So if you understand and know what these values do, or you are in a "testing" mood, the values will be there in the future updates.

If you have 0.9 already downloaded, follow these instructions for a smaller download file

This download has only the file "PZIC 0.9.1 [Hotfix].exe" Step by step process what to do if you already have 0.9 already downloaded.
- Open the PZIC folder
- Delete PZIC 0.9
- Place in PZIC 0.9.1 [Hotfix].exe in the PZIC folder

Download Link:  Click Here

If you do *not* Have PZIC yet, or would like a fresh download with all files, click here

Download Link: Click here

Update: 11/2/2014

I'm running a bit shorter on time, but that won't stop me from getting 0.9 going! You guys deserve it. I'm finally happy to say that I got (should this time for sure) the biggest stuff out of the way.

Anyways, Beta 0.9 has finally been released, with promised features. 

Version 0.9 Beta Includes:
- Functioning Crafting tab
- Crafting will conjunction to "Item Setup" Tab. So things feel more organized.
- Crafting tab cleaned up
- Item Setup and Mod setup are seperated
- Item Setup cleaned up

- A folder "Tutorials for you" for crafting tutorial and item setup tutorial. Full step by step, picture tutorial with arrows explaining what goes where.

Crafting Tab Information and updates:
- *Functioning Tab* (Of course)
- Redesigned
- Tutorial on how to use Crafting (Full image tutorial with arrows and such to get you started.  :) )
- It acts more like a simplier version of a programming writer.
- Crafting will Have "Craft recipe" To begin your new crafting recipe you want to make. Create a bracket, then you can place in the items you wish, and what items you want to keep. Then place a resulting output item, and how long it takes to create the item. With a ending bracket.

Item Setup Tab Information and updates:
- Button to import the Crafting tab's output. (So no having to copy/paste)
- Module setting for if you are creating a new script entirely
- Import buttons (You can either import "base" or a custom import of your choice.)
- Create item, if you're just getting a quick item created
- End Module button so you can well, of course end the module setup.

- Tutorial on how Item setup works.

Mod Setup Tab Information and updates:
- Poster file importing (Place it inside the DevTextures folder to work)
- Mod description
- Export item icon, so you don't have to goto "general" tab to export image there. (You can if you want still. Both buttons will exist for ease of use.)

Mod setup details:
- Mod Setup cleaned up
- Mod Setup will be able to place poster.png
- Mod Setup (should) fully work with "Mod desc" a person uses.
- "Export Item" will be in Mod Setup and General Tab.

Download: Version 0.9 Stable (OUTDATED version)

Newer information: 

===============================================================================================

This is what PZIC can do for you, and make your life maybe just a bit easier.

- Create items (Obviously)

- Create crafting recipes

- Create the according folders in their proper places. (for PZ build 29+)

- Create the script file that you're creating items with

- create poster.png & mod.info in their proper folder location

- Import item icons to the proper folder

Here is some images of 0.9 Beta.

vs5Fc3tl.jpg
BtXUVAsl.jpg
1Ut3W0Sl.jpg
FAm0smnl.jpg

Update: 10/22/2014

Here are some new images of the build, if you're one interested on keeping up to date with my project, I'll be attempting to share progress reports. (Which I'll be doing on here anyways, to show I'm still working on it, and I just like doing this.)

•  

•  

•  
  • OXijtI7l.jpg

•  
  • y3wtMT7l.jpg

•  
  • ptzbCJtl.jpg

•  

So as you can see from here, I've added a 'mod setup' tab, which will include the way for the person to pre-create folders in order for the modder within a single click of a button. It will also pre-create mod.info for the modder with things needed inside the file. I'll be working on adding the poster.png add within the day, along with the rest of the GUI building. 

You can also see consumables is ready and quite clean looking as well, with a direct approach and a "to the point" aspect to it as I'm hoping. 

I also took a little bit of time on cleaning up the "General" tab so I could remove a bit of the eyesore that was bothering me much more than it should have. 

So, next on the list is getting the GUI tab for weapons, clothing, and literature (which that doesn't have much options, which is leaving a lot of empty space.) Before I get ahead of myself, I'll just be doing that for now. I'll keep you updated!

Update: 10/23/2014

I've decided to add the crafting aspect of the GUI, and here's the current design.

•  

• mZKV8Tol.jpg

• YSd6KBAl.jpg

As you can see here, the weapons GUI is currently looking great, and I feel very happy with how it turned out. So with today's hopeful part is to start up the coding behind it to function correctly. It *Shouldn't* be too bad, but since I have an OCD for making sure what I create works 120%, it will of course take a little bit of time. (But nothing too long of time, I promise!) I know how it feels when a software I use, I want it to work, so that's what I'll be attempting for you guys with what I build. Hopefully within a few more days, with the proper time given for me, I maybe able to release the first version for everyone to use. At least that is what I'm really hoping for. 

I'll keep you all updated! 

Update: 10/24/2014

Sorry, no picture updates for today. But the GUI is currently finished for this build, and the coding behind it is going great! I'm currently going though the tabs and making the code write into the create item editbox. Once I finish up on the code to write to the editbox, I'll be just having to finish up the mini "?" boxes you see in my previous update pictures, a few more tweaks and tests, and the software will be ready for its first run! I'm quite excited to get this far so quickly.

I'll be keeping you updated with more updates soon! 

Update: 10/26/2014

KBTpbUW.png

So I did a test example of the result when you create an item, when you put in some options of your choice. I chose consumables because it was easy to fill out some information. 

Currently I'm close to completing all the code that makes "Create item" work fully. Once I get that finished, it'll be time for finishing up the "?" buttons, and and folder creation. It's getting closer everyone! 

I'll keep you updated! 

Update: 10/27/2014

So! Currently the "Mod setup" is highest priority so I can release a dev beta 0.6 for you guys to look at and this time, be able to fully test. I know I keep saying I'm going to work on the "?" buttons, and I am very sorry for it, but time management is quite hard when you have a lot of real life things to handle. But enough with the excuses, I will *now* set my work for making the "Mod setup" Tab to fully work and function properly. Then get that crafting tab to conjunction with the item creation and write code inside files and whatnot. 

I'll keep you posted when anything changes. 

Update: 10/26/2014 (2)

I have released a beta version for everyone to use. With that said, please do understand there are parts that do not work yet. The software only knows how to use the tabs to create items, and the "create item" button on the "mod setup " tab. 

A few notes: 

- "Clear data" will clean up the data you create in the form so you do not have to manually. [fully functional]

- "Create item" functions completely with all of the options in the other tabs to create the item [functioning]

- If you are using consumables, weapons, literature+clothing, there will be a button saying "use" + the tab you're on. That helps write the code if you are going to use it. (the "Item type" and "using " + something are two different things entirely. you will still need to click which "type of item" you want on the front tab for your item to fully work.)

Download:

Current semi-bug: "Item icon" will work correctly, but isn't fully functioning. For now, you will have to put the icon in the "textures" folder manually. But it has been acknowledged and will be fixed up in the next beta release.  

Regular Download links: (Version 0.5 OLD)

[Mirror 1] - http://www.wikiupload.com/L0M9WH9ARDI2C6Q

[Mirror 2] - http://www.filedropper.com/pzic_1

Update: 10/29/2014

nFQd3mnl.jpg
tAqlPB8l.jpg

So, I realized I've made a few coding errors when creating items. But worry not, as you can see here, a few tabs has been altered.

I changed the location of mod setup, since it *was* very confusing when you mix item code and modding setup code. Both has been separated, and "item setup" tab (old 'mod setup tab') got a makeover.

You'll be able to

- Begin your Module

- Start imports

- Import modules of your choice.

- end imports

- Create Items

- End Module

Each button separated so you can have more freedom with what you want. And less cluster of a GUI! Can't ask for much more than that right? Guess I'm not the worst coder in the world after all. :P

- When pressing each, you can visually watch the code be generated real time in the "item script", so if you see anything wrong, you can edit what you like. (Notice: Make sure you know what you're doing when editing. I can't help you if the code doesn't work if you edit manually inside 'item script' for bugs, because everything inside that gets copied into the script file.) 

I'll do my best to write a guide on how the modules work to the best of my ability to where new guys can understand, so maybe it won't be a dark and scary intro to item coding. 

As always, I'll keep you updated.

Update: 10/28/2014

A new update has been released! I'm quite proud to say that this beta release you will be much more pleased with while I work on beta 0.9 dev.

Functioning parts:

- You can now use "Create mod folders" fully: The only thing to this is, "mod.info" file is left blank and 'poster.png' isn't possible yet. (Adding both manually isn't too bad for now, right?)

- Create script file works: After using 'create mod folders' you can press this and your script file will appear correctly in the 

>"mod name">media>scripts>"your file".

- "add code to file" works: After using "create item", you can press that, and the item will exist inside the code. 

(Slight bug: It can not tell yet if the item you created is already in your script.txt file. So you can get dupe items.)

- Item icon exporting: On the front tab of "general" you will see "export" next to the item icon. When you have your files and folders created, each *new* item you create, and place the exact name of the icon in the "item icon" box (item.png, with the .png in the name.) the texture will be sent over to the textures folder. 

- All Help and "?" buttons on mod setup tab works. I wouldn't leave anyone in the dark with confusion (best of my abilities) with that tab, since it can be confusing. 

Still being worked on:

- Filling out of "mod.info" file

- Placing the "poster.png" file

- Crafting tab still needs working on 

- Other help buttons

Download:

[Mirror 1] - Download (Version 0.8 Stable [Outdated!]) 

I'll keep you updated as always. 

Update: 10/31/2014

6ky8cJK.png

Been working on the "crafting" tab, *Almost* Done with it. I keep finding little mistakes that can lead to big problems for outputs, but I hope to God, this time, I can finally say that I patched down what may hopefully be 0.9 Beta. That means

Version 0.9 Beta will include:

- Functioning Crafting tab

- Crafting will conjunction to "Item Setup" Tab. So things feel more organized.

- Crafting tab cleaned up

- Item Setup and Mod setup are seperated

- Item Setup cleaned up

Crafting Tab Information and updates:

- *Functioning Tab* (Of course)

- Redesigned

- Tutorial on how to use Crafting (Full image tutorial with arrows and such to get you started.  :) )

- It acts more like a simplier version of a programming writer.

- Crafting will Have "Craft recipe" To begin your new crafting recipe you want to make. Create a bracket, then you can place in the items you wish, and what items you want to keep. Then place a resulting output item, and how long it takes to create the item. With a ending bracket. 

Item Setup Tab Information and updates:

Button to import the Crafting tab's output. (So no having to copy/paste)

- Module setting for if you are creating a new script entirely

- Import buttons (You can either import "base" or a custom import of your choice.)

- Create item, if you're just getting a quick item created

- End Module button so you can well, of course end the module setup. 

Mod Setup Tab Information and updates:

- Poster file importing (Place it inside the DevTextures folder to work)

Mod description (Almost done working on this to work correctly.)

- Export item icon, so you don't have to goto "general" tab to export image there. (You can if you want still. Both buttons will exist for ease of use.)

Mod setup details:

- Mod Setup cleaned up

- Mod Setup will be able to place poster.png 

- Mod Setup (should) fully work with "Mod desc" a person uses.

- "Export Item" will be in Mod Setup and General Tab. 

A picture tutorial on how to make it work closely as you want it to.  (For Version 0.8 Stable)

NOTE: Please be sure you have VERSION 0.8 for this tutorial to work.

Part 0: Unzip. Make sure you have your folder of "PZIC" and for the four files inside, like such. 

RV0uyN9.png

Part 1:  Setup the basics. Get the display name, item icon (with the file type.) item weight, and type of item put in.

39nqqp1l.jpg

Part 2: I'm attempting to make a consumable item. So I clicked the 'using consumables' checkbox, and since
I don't want anything cooking related to this food for sake of tutorial, I only changed hunger change. 
Negative numbers are good for hunger change -15 to starving means you're +15 fullness.  
eK1glwsl.jpg

Part 3: Bonus add. Just because it's a food, doesn't mean other "using aspect" such as literature won't work. 
As you can see here, I check marked lit. and gave -15 to stress and boredom change. 
mxNvvMcl.jpg

Part 4: Mod setup. I first place the mod name, and script name into the boxes and then I press "create mod folders"
to see if my project worked. 
wYxxyhzl.jpg

Part 5: I look inside my PZIC folder to see if TestModName is in, and lookie there. 
vqvxNCbl.jpg

For the image icon, I go back to the general tab, and then click "export" button that's next to the image icon, then see if it's there.
Oh look, after 50 different tests, I made this happen. (Textures you can place inside the "DevTextures" folder to place exporting if you like.) After I know I have all my folders and things, any new item I create, I can click export, because the folders are already created for the file to go into. 
IckypYwl.jpg

Now that I know everything's in place, I create my first item by clicking "create item." Create item will display the
item code inside the edit box as shown here. And if I like it, I'll then proceed to export it to the file or "add code to file" 

[DEV NOTE: I realized I made a huge error on my part, I am very sorry. But, I need to add the module aspect of the code loading. I am working on that as you are reading this. Again, I am very deeply sorry. There's not *that much* modding resource on Project zomboid. I'm more of a gui coder, and a quick learner. But PZ is very tricky when you haven't messed with PZ coding much, which is why I'm building this software in the first place, so others don't have to deal with this cluster of confusion.)

Beta: 0.9 stable, the dev note issue has been fixed and dealt with. 
FID2Xx0l.jpg
bFSgrtRl.jpg

And as you can see here, when adding code to file, it appears, yay! 
CjvAe9bl.jpg

I hope this helps some to any problems.

Things to do:

This will be a list of things that is planned to do, in no exact order. It will either happen during the dev phase, or after the first 1.0+ version release. It's also things I don't want to forget about that I think will be a good idea to add. 

[ ] - Save & Load button for "Item code" and "crafting code" boxes. 

[ ] - Make items spawn in certain locations. 

[ ] - "Item Setup" Guide, in detail. (Confirmed: I'm working on this)

[ ] - Discover more Item properties, that apparently do exist that I knew nothing about. (if you find some that I don't have, inform me! I will add you to credits.)

(This will happen after 1.0+ releases, confirmed.) 

[ ] - Russian translation.  (because it would take time to constantly get a few words translated.)

[ ] - Credits Tab (Or such). I will be giving thanks for anyone to everyone that has helped me in any way with this project.

Also! I would like to say that, I am *Very accepting* To ideas and feedback (Good or bad, I accept constructive criticism.), and I will consider them highly to my abilities. I *really* want project zomboid modding to get very far, without so much minor details. (And to keep it flexible for the modders.) I'd also like to point out, I read all posts in this thread, and I check this thread quite often daily. So if you have any trouble, please do let me know. when I'm not staring at hundreds of lines of code, I'm looking on the forums and such for research and this thread. Or if you want to PM me something you'd like to say, go right ahead, I will read them all and respond to them quickly as possible. Despite what some people think, just because I'm a coder, doesn't mean I'm some kind of grouchy person outside of my forum posts and topics. :P

Some Credit:

People's compliments and support

- cloudstrise

- Deadend

- Slendy (lol your comment)

- blindcoder

- 956Texas

Bug finders

- Hydromancerx

Donated supporters

(Be the first!) 

I feel that currently the modding scene for PZ is kind of small/dwingling in comparison to before, like last year. But I also think this game will just explode (in a good way) exponentially once NPCs, vehicles and hardcore difficulty are added. Which will be prime things to mess around with and make mods for. I actually have a list of mods I've been wanting to make for PZ but too many time constraints... Some day, when I manage to finish my canning mod. 

I feel that currently the modding scene for PZ is kind of small/dwingling in comparison to before, like last year.

To be fair, I think partial problem might be lack of extensive documentation on the lua side of things for the games. I've done lua scripting before, but something about Project Zomboid I find hard to really get in to. (Obviously it isn't impossible look at RoboMat or Turbotutone's contribution to modding.

That looks pretty cool!

Just a short remark:

they must create a tree folder of [ModName]>Media(+modInfo etc)>Scripts/Scounds/Textures/LUA>

If you create those directories, please make sure that the directory names are all lower case, as some code explicitly requires the name "scripts", for example.

Russian translation? :P

I could attempt it! If anything, if you know Russian language, and you wish to make sure I'm spelling things correctly, I could make most of the reading Russian for the builder. 

That looks pretty cool!

Just a short remark:

they must create a tree folder of [ModName]>Media(+modInfo etc)>Scripts/Scounds/Textures/LUA>

If you create those directories, please make sure that the directory names are all lower case, as some code explicitly requires the name "scripts", for example.

Thank you for the heads up on this. I wouldn't of thought of that happening if I did. 

I'm also going to be keeping the topic updated much as I can to show progress reports, hopefully on a daily basis. 

I could attempt it! If anything, if you know Russian language, and you wish to make sure I'm spelling things correctly, I could make most of the reading Russian for the builder. 

I might just help you out with this ;) If you could kindly make a spreadsheet of words to translate and send it to me, I'll get it done in a course of couple of days.

@RyuuDZ

Will there be a tab for item distribution i containers? Such as setting a custom food item to appear in Fridges only?

Yes. Either it will be in this build software of PZIC or something else. But it is in my plans for the close future in the builds. :) 

I might just help you out with this ;) If you could kindly make a spreadsheet of words to translate and send it to me, I'll get it done in a course of couple of days.

That sounds like a plan. Give me a little bit of time finishing up what I need to finish (So I can give you a full report of words to translate) and you can have at it. 

@RyuuDZ

- "add code to file" works: After using "create item", you can press that, and the item will exist inside the code. 

(Slight bug: It can not tell yet if the item you created is already in your script.txt file. So you can get dupe items.)

Using v0.8 I pressed the "add code to file" after I made a "create item" and after I pressed  "Create mod folders". None of the code listed in the side window was in the mod. In fact there are no files in the whole mod. Just empty folders (except for mod.info).

Did I do something wrong? :(

@RyuuDZ

Using v0.8 I pressed the "add code to file" after I made a "create item" and after I pressed  "Create mod folders". None of the code listed in the side window was in the mod. In fact there are no files in the whole mod. Just empty folders (except for mod.info).

Did I do something wrong? :(

I am very sorry! I posted a tutorial in images to best demonstrate what to do for this version of PZIC.

Also, I'm most likely sure you have the right version, but just to be sure, make sure your version says "0.8 Stable" and not 0.5 stable. 

Another issue could be is the unzipping of the folders. 

Be sure to have it like.

(folder) PZIC > DevTextures | HelpFiles | PZIC 0.8 stable | Support_the_Dev

I really hope that this helps. :)

I would like to say that I finally have 0.9 finally released for beta, and testing/actual use, and what not. With this update, the biggest parts are complete. (Item setup, crafting, and mod setup.) All that's left now is the smaller details and modifications. I do hope you all enjoy, sure as can be I've put plenty hours of work into it. :) 

@RyuuDZ

So I tried to make a mod with one item and one crafting recipe. Here is is ...

module Hydrocraft{    imports    {        Base    }recipe Make Wood Block    {    Log,    keep Axe,    Result:WoodBlock=9,    Time:15,    }item WoodBlock    {        Icon    =    Item_Woodblock.png,        Weight    =    1.0,        Type    =    Normal,        CanBarricade    =    false,        UseWhileEquipped    =    false,    }}

It loaded and worked but for some reason when it would do the recipe it would make an item called "Bloooo". Why did it do that?

@RyuuDZ

So I tried to make a mod with one item and one crafting recipe. Here is is ...

module Hydrocraft{    imports    {        Base    }recipe Make Wood Block    {    Log,    keep Axe,    Result:WoodBlock=9,    Time:15,    }item WoodBlock    {        Icon    =    Item_Woodblock.png,        Weight    =    1.0,        Type    =    Normal,        CanBarricade    =    false,        UseWhileEquipped    =    false,    }}

It loaded and worked but for some reason when it would do the recipe it would make an item called "Bloooo". Why did it do that?

Alright, I did a check, and it isn't Pzic creating that item in any way. You may have something in one of your scripts possibly creating it. I'd double check to be sure :)

Also

module Hydrocraft

{

imports

{

Base

}

item WoodBlock

{

Icon    =    Item_Woodblock.png,

Weight    =    1.0,

Type    =    Normal,

CanBarricade    =    false,

UseWhileEquipped    =    false,

}

recipe Make Wood Block

{

Log,

keep Axe,

Result:WoodBlock=9,

Time:15,

}

}

I am not telling you how to do your codes, but I recommend to have items first then recipes, especially with newly created items. Unless you know for sure it works either way or such, but declaring items first is usually a good practice. 

@RyuuDZ

So I tried your code and same result of "Blooo" item. Then I tried to remove the "=9" from the code, but same thing. Then I tried disabling the mod, removing it and reloading the mod without it and then activating the mod again with a brand new sandbox game. But it still gave a "Blooo" item.

Here is the whole mod. Let me know what I did wrong. :(