New? Here's How to Survive Your First Night

HappyDays

Hi Crew! This is HappyDays!

With so many new players buying this game all the time I thought I would do a Let's Play series that also teaches players about a lot of the mechanics of the game.
Project Zomboid is a great game but it can be tough to learn all the functions (especially when zombies are trying to remove your face!)

In this first episode we find a suitable place to hide, secure it, get some weapons and stockpile lots of food! Delicious!

Check it out here:

If you want a link to the whole series check out our Project Zomboid playlist (over 20 fantastic videos!)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-VeuxozZhHv6yjMv2yH8yhdg6Z6Ll_-N

Thanks for watching and leaving a like! I really appreciate it.

Stay Happy :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all the positive feedback and suggestions!

After you've secured a safe house it's a great idea to get out there and start looting for better equipment! It's dangerous out there though! I show you a safe way to quickly scour the neighbourhood for gear without becoming a zombie snack!

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching and leaving a like! I really appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Skill Books & Cooking!

In Project Zomboid you can really speed up the rate at which your skills increase by reading Skill Books. There are 5 different levels of books and in this episode I show you how to use them and get the maximum benefit out of each book. We then put our new skills into action by cooking some delicious soup using an oven. Cooked food is more filling and you get more portions out of it (plus it increases your cooking skill more!)

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for having to Wiki cooking with an oven the first time you did it? (I know I did!)

Wow thanks for the awesome feedback mieksta!

I would be honored if IndieStone and the moderators here pinned this as it would help more players who are new to the game enjoy it to its fullest!

I'm also content just to share my ideas in my little thread here too :)

How to Farm!

Farming in Project Zomboid allows you to grow your own vegetables which gives you a sustainable food source. Seeds are fairly plentiful as you loot the houses around your safe house. The other requirement for farming is Trowel that is used to dig over the ground and prepare spaces for seeds. These easy to follow, quick episodes show you how to set up a quick and easy farm and how to water your plants adequately!

Check them out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for playing with Cabbages during a zombie apocalypse?

Carpentry Tips!

A really useful skill in Project Zomboid is carpentry. It allows you to build the life-saving Rain Collector Barrel and it's upgraded version at levels 2 and 4 respectively. Training the skill can be a pain though so in this video I show you a quick and easy method to safely increase your carpentry!
*Tip* Destroying doors in houses can yield planks needed for carpentry if you don't have a saw!

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for playing with your wood during the zombie apocalypse?

Thirsty? Try Some Rain Collector Barrels!

One cool feature about Project Zomboid is that eventually the utilities (water/power) shut down. This adds a real challenge to the game as your water supplies will eventually run out unless you can get a renewable resource. In this episode we look at what resources you need and how to make some Rain Collector Barrels! Very handy in a zombie apocalypse!

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for drinking out of garbage bags?

Harvesting Crops

Ok so you've been successful in planting and watering your crops for a few days and zombies haven't stomped them to death but now what? In this episode we look at when to harvest your crops, examine the difference between 'seed-bearing' and 'ready for harvest' and talk about experience points and the quickest growing crops! A must for any zombie-farmers!

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for having way too many cabbages?

Upgraded Rain Collector Barrels

Once you've been playing a while and successfully survived the utility (power/water) shut-down, chances are your base is starting to flourish and your water needs will increase. Although carpentry can be a pain to level-up it is definitely useful to get it to level 4 so you can create the Upgraded Rain Collector Barrels! This episode looks at the resource requirements and placement suggestions to give you all the info needed to go ahead and add these to your shelter!

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for garbage bags saving our lives?

Need Loot? Try Warehouse!

In this episode our hero stumbles across a large warehouse that he ventures into. This episode looks at how to safely explore these big (usually zombie infested) structures and how to get the most loot out of the building! You can check the maps on the Wiki to locate several of these structures in the game!

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for getting excited over boxes?

Quest for the Saw

A time comes in every survivors life when he has to brave the horrors of the zombie apocalypse to find a saw. I mean how else are we going to build a pretty garden with a neat little fence without one? A great tip if you're missing a key item is to check the Wiki for the map you're playing on and locate one of the Warehouses. Chances are you're going to find your missing item there! This is our journey to find a saw, will we survive, will we make a cute garden, or will our brains be gobbled up? Enjoy!

Check them out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes over the excitement one feels for finding a garden tool?

Hi Woof Woof! Thanks for checking out my thread, I really appreciate it!

Cabbage yes, there's so many cabbages! 'How to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse: Get hundreds of Cabbages!' lol! :P I think I'll make a catapult that fires cabbage barrages!

Saw and Scratch

Fresh from our warehouse raid we sneak out into the quiet morning light. A few zombies block the road leading back to our safehouse and full of confidence from our successful raid we heft our mighty baseball bat and smash a few undead skulls. Silence falls and we loot the unfortunate corpses when all of a sudden we hear a low growl behind us...

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for healing cabbages?

Zombie?!

*Sniff sniff* Is this the end of our shirtless hero? What will happen next? This episode looks at strategies you can try if you think you may be bitten. We then discuss your options is your character does pick up the zombie virus, dying is a part of Project Zomboid and just because your character dies doesn't mean the game is necessarily over...

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for the remembering the first character you lost in Project Zomboid?

Back From the Dead...to Craft!

In this episode, we bounce back from the whole 'dying' thing to begin joining 2 adjacent houses into a large zombie-proof fortress! We look at fence construction and adequate lighting for your outdoor farm! New updates are coming to make this game more challenging, learn to secure your neighborhood now!

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for keeping our cabbages safe?

Base Building

This episode looks at building actual player-made houses in our attempt to fortify two of the neighboring houses. By expanding our territory we can safely have water barrels and farmland behind secure tall fences! A must for larger settlements!

Check them out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for making a nice backyard during the zombie apocalypse?

Outdoor Base

We finally get to creating our outdoor cooking area and just as we're getting started the weather decides it doesn't want to cooperate.
Then we jump out of a second story window, cook up a 4 cabbage soup and start making a sheltered cooking area outside! Great if you're making your own base!  :)

Check them out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for surviving on cabbages?

Garden Simulator 2015!

As our base becomes even more fortified we are able to spend time making a reliable, sustainable food source! This episode looks at neatly creating an area to farm and how to have all your equipment setup neatly and easily accessible! Enjoy :)

Check it out here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for becoming lord of the cabbages during the zombie apocalypse?

Base Building #3

We make plenty of high level rain collector barrels inside our fortress and plant radishes in the dark! The life of a zombie apocalypse survivor! This is the current stage in Project Zomboid where the developers are attempting to 'remove the end-game.' This means they're trying to increase the difficulty (food shortages/zombie attacks) to the point where you can't survive indefinently.

I am really looking forward to this being implemented in the game as it will making surviving for several weeks in the game a real accomplishment! :)

Check out the video here:

Thanks for watching! Can we get 7 likes for life-saving barrels?

Archived