Zombies should be able to destroy walls

be210

Yes. They could be better at destroying walls. I just wrote something about that in that other thread (operation fix late game). Does anybody know how they break them? Is it damage caused with every hammering fist, or is it a percentile chance every x seconds based on how many zombies there are?

they can and will break thru if you get enough of them banging on that section

I have never seen that happen.  They bang on windows, on doors, but I've never seen them attack a wall.

any player made construction is breakable. walls, crates, chairs......if you made it, they can break it.

you just have to have enough of them trying to get you

they can and will break thru if you get enough of them banging on that section

I have never seen that happen.  They bang on windows, on doors, but I've never seen them attack a wall.

any player made construction is breakable. walls, crates, chairs......if you made it, they can break it.

you just have to have enough of them trying to get you

Huh- I've never seen that happen

Actually no. Any player made structure is invulnerable right now. It is obviously planned for the future that player walls and doors etc. Will be able to be destroyed by zombies.

Realistically, I don't see even a horde of zombies breaking down a houses walls anyway.

Actually no. Any player made structure is invulnerable right now. It is obviously planned for the future that player walls and doors etc. Will be able to be destroyed by zombies.

Realistically, I don't see even a horde of zombies breaking down a houses walls anyway.

When the idea of zombies breaking walls was mentioned in the OFLGBKYBYGT thread, I did some Google searches trying to answer this question. As I said in the other thread, a mob of zombies could probably be reasonably modeled like one would a panicked mob of human beings ... which suggests that a mob pressing against a wall should apply a force between 40% and 75% of their total weight to it, and probably closer to the top of that range than not. And while I don't know about brick, I believe the numbers I saw for structural load-bearing wooden walls said that, when it came to calculating safety versus wind, allowed less than a thousand pounds per foot in total pressure.

My estimate is that a horde would only need to be somewhere between eight and twenty zombies deep to push down a brand new built-to-code pre-apocalypse wall, and very few player-built walls would be nearly that strong.

Actually, thinking about the crowd-crush phenomenon, I don't think zombies would choose to push over a wall - the only way it would happen is by a horde (game-generated or player-made - can you say "firearms"?) trying to move towards a wall but unable to advance (e.g. if there's one door and all of them are trying to reach it simultaneously). That wouldn't require anything more than keeping track of horde flows to see if they hit logjams.

Even if that would be the case realistically (which I doubt with wooden walls), I think it's boring that they cannot. 

Well yes but the whole game is based around realism. So it doesn't matter if you think its boring or not.

search for this Video on utube: Project Zomboid - Sandbox Part 10 - Escape from Fort Rowe

at 8:20 u can see Horde breaking through Walls

Provide a link, and zombies don't break walls.

zombies used to break walls, it happened to me a few times.

BUT, i set up a test on build 29. they broke thru a door, but i could leave them banging away on a level 2 wall for 5 days and they never broke thru. now, this was only 20 or so zombies......maybe a massive horde would provide a different answer

search for this Video on utube: Project Zomboid - Sandbox Part 10 - Escape from Fort Rowe

at 8:20 u can see Horde breaking through Walls

Provide a link, and zombies don't break walls.

They break IsoWooden walls just fine, assuming there's enough of them.

To be fair, I've actually never had it happen to me in any of my play-throughs either, so even if they can, they're not very effective at doing it...  :)

I don't have a problem with non-player built walls not being able to be destroyed, as long as the player built ones are a little more susceptible to destruction, especially early level walls/barricades/doors etc...

While it'd be tough for zombies to break down a pre-built house wall even in a large horde (even if you get 100 people to all simultaneously punch a brick wall, it's still not going to break down), I'm pretty sure it's planned in the future for zombies to break down all player-made structures. They can already break through low-level wooden walls and doors.