Thrill of combat and creams

Sarthen

So! Another idea popped in the old brain of mine!

Adrenaline trait- When in combat for a course of time, your adrenaline would pump! (YEAH BABY!) So you run faster for escapes for a short period of time and last a little longer before high exertion... nothing to major and this trait should be very costly being so its not over powered. I think puttin it in the game all together it would ruin it because the effect after it wore off would be your tired increases dramtically, which i wouldnt like but would have fun with this trait as a option to try.

Creams loot- Im not sure if this would work or be to much of a negative but its and idea... So you been running through the forest and you hit a patch of poison ivy or what not.. Gotta loot bathrooms for the ointment now, i mean you cant tell me theres no poison oak in a whole batch of woods in KY??
Maybe you guys can help me balance this or maybe its just to much trouble for the average player.... idk just a idea guys

If I would say that the adrenaline rush is already implemented in game, would you believe me?

Think about it before opening the spoiler.

Did you doubt that it might be?

It's not.

However, my point is that I think it's such a minor thing that you'd likely not even notice it being there.

But it was itchy and uncomfortable, right? And you weren't currently surviving in a zombie apocalypse at the time, right? Even in normal survival situations, small things like a rash or a cut or a bruise add up over time and make you just that little bit more miserable. Try going to sleep at night with the constant fear of a horde of zombies bursting down your door. Then add on top of it constant itching and burning from poison ivy. Not fun.

hm I'm not quite sure how I should feel about having rashes in zomboid... I do amit tho that running carelessly through the woods (and I mean right through the trees, not on a path) should maybe have the chance to scratch you a little... not treating wounds in general could have some kind of chance for inflammation or something - this would justify having ointments, creams and maybe self made tincturs or something in the game

Well yeah, but if a horde of zombies is outside constantly, the last thing on my mind would be "Oh jesus my arm is itchy" (Poison Ivy not even that itchy)

I mean whats the debuff suppose to be? Your itchy so now your character is inconvenienced?

For awhile in an apocalypse the start, your fear of them is going to take over, and when NPC's are here, it will be of other people. Fear is powerful and from fear you care less about a minor itch. Eventually you pass out and then your asleep for the night.

Now forward 2 weeks when you have a safer home, a supply of food and a weapon etc. Its still nothing but a small itch. And by this point we have a ton of supplies anyway, and this is just making us have to do another pointless task that has no overall addition to the game.

Then again who knows, I got poison ivy several times in my youth and I never really cared.

Poison ivy isn't that itchy... that's your opinion and I respect that... but there are people like me out there that get it very easily... I swear if the wind blows... ill get it... I've had shots and creams and my itching was so bad I didn't sleep some nights and it drove me insane! I have a high pain tolerance but poison ivy is my worst enemy more then anything!

I'm one of those people who can roll around in poison ivy and not be the slightest bit affected by it no rash or nothing. But there are a lot of people out there who can and do get affected by it and I've seen how badly they reacted to it. Getting poison ivy rash is nothing to sneeze at.