Football, throwing mechanics and drugs?

Sarthen

Helmets
I seen the commonly suggested posts and seen the armor as a maybe, So here are my thoughts on it, I think football gear would be realistic armor for a couple reasons being BREAKABLE, Still can be scratched, but still have a resonable weight and defensive choice. Running would shorten along with combat and a football helmet would reduce vision but still keep that nogan safe :P CLEATS!!! (just thought of this) Better traction meaning FASTER but loud when on concert roads or wooden floor. (wanna keep this short)

Throwing mechanics
I seen a something posted about a rock being a idea which would be awesome! I think being able to get zombies to move a short distance away from the area seems fair with a small nosie ratio. Breaking windows from a distance would be excellent for them one window sheds i try to avoid. But I also think things like a hammer should be thrown to help out run a 2 zombie attack maybe appling slight damage since he is already dead and giving them a nudge back. But i also think the skill for this should be very VERY hard to level if not impossible to be able to hit zombies with a kitchen knife from even a close distance. That being said i think there should be a chance system if the knife sticks, it should be retrived but if thrown it shall be gone forever, or broken... nothing to over the top cause nobody wants loot all over the map cause some guy is spamming knifes!

Drugs (touchy subject i know... least i think)
So, my idea only for realism not the promotion of such acts. But i seen pain blockers and sleeping pills in games. If thats the case there should be speeders for being faster but stomach aches, sickness, increased panic aka PARANOIA and lack of eatting but severely close of ODing by just taking one to balance out the worth of taking it and not.
Mood stablizers just for anger and depression. Nothing to important but i think should be added.

I want to smoke weed while I sit in my safehouse just waiting.

There is a mod already for that.  http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9891-marijuana-mod-cultivate-it-yourself/

As for drugs in game I have no trouble with them. But like in life I don't need them and would not likely use them in game. They would have to add some addiction to the game but that I can see doing. It like the first 2 fallout games they had drugs and the effects of them.

I like the throwing mechanics idea. And the helmet is fine to but if you are getting some thing for it you should lose some thing to. like you say some vision lose and maybe even some hearing lose.

@vonholtz

I've noticed that I hace to get almost completely naked (I have shoes on) to avoid dehydration. The head releases a major part of bodyheat so wearing a helmet during summer could be a drain on your water supply.

Then there's this visual obstruction which might a problem if you're wearing an ancient Greek war helmet but with american football helmets or any other modern headwear the vision is pretty unobstructed.

Maybe NPC's would give you funny looks if you're running around with a bucket on your head giving you an inadequecy complex. (Reduced self esteem) /joke

Actually the body produces heat evenly through the body. There is no "hotspots" on it. The heat from your body is produced evenlly throughout. (quick fact)

i do love the addiction idea though, i totally spaced that part. The nosie hearing lose is also a great counter to the helmet!