Moving/destroying stationary objects

Kalcevs

Another idea of being able to move and destroy stationary things like furniture. That would add features like:

- Redecorating (I would like that sofa more to the left)
- Barricading (How cool is to block the door with the closet/table/fridge)

- Getting supplies (I think that table is made out of wood)

- Probably more...

In my opinion It would be a very natural addition to this game. Thank you!

This would be a great idea at the risk of being loud to attracting zombies with noise. From moving the sofa to smashing the chair for a plank of wood for your window. I think the fridge might be a bit to heavy, its not impossible... i can move mine but still. For MP this would also be useful with some restrictions. 

Moving furniture was once part of the game and will most likely be implemented again. Getting supplies from furniture is also something that's come up quite often in the suggestions. It hasn't been officially confirmed, but it's likely that something like that might also happen.

Also to Sarthen: modern fridges are actually very light. It's certainly a lot more easier to drag a fridge than push a sofa. Many even have wheels in the back so you can roll them on flat surfaces. I don't know about the fridges in game though... They look like those old heavy metal \m/ ones...

lol i did not know that, thanks for infomation. I just said that cause my fridge is like 40 years old and pretty heavy to move and im bigger then the average joe :P

How about that you would need a buddy in multiplayer or NPC to move it :D OR 2h game time :D

e.o

You can already break furnature by holding a sledge hammer and right clicking them.

[y]    Barricading with furniture

[y]    Movable items (such as wheelie bins)

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

Please read through this thread in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

This would be a great idea at the risk of being loud to attracting zombies with noise. From moving the sofa to smashing the chair for a plank of wood for your window. I think the fridge might be a bit to heavy, its not impossible... i can move mine but still. For MP this would also be useful with some restrictions. 

There are a lot of tricks for moving heavy objects, even ones that don't have wheels. Heavy furniture - carved wood sofas, long display cases, small pipe organs, etc. - my mom and I would 'walk' across the floor: lift a corner, rotate around the opposite corner, change corners, repeat. Something like:

post-18367-0-07793100-1415202343_thumb.p

That would probably be too complicated to implement in PZ, but the point is that pretty much all the objects people have talked about - tables, chairs, charcoal grills, sofas, refrigerators, corpses, &c. - can be moved by pretty much any survivor on level terrain without being picked up.

Edited by Packbat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...