Glass walls?

Kylian

Hey guys! I'm working on a small mall/officebuilding for my current map, for which I figured a lot of glass would work well. In the walls_commercial_01 tileset there's a bunch of options, and it simply looks wonderful in TileZed (see pic 1). Ingame, however... They are not see-through (p2). They do behave as windows (as in they are smashable), but I simply can't see through them. I've tried this multiple ways, with the glass walls as the actual walls, with 'invisible' walls and the glass as windows, manually tried both layers on the Tile-view... but all to no avail.

All the windowtiles in walls_commercial_02 work perfectly though (p3), no matter which way I put them in. Are the standard tiledefinitions for the first one a little screwy, or is there some sort of secret to using these?

a2rs4o.jpg

2n9cqwh.jpg

vhf2aw.jpg

Thanks! (Oh, and for people as annoyed by this as I was; I fixed that wrong tile in the last pic ;) )

Iirc there's another tileset with those same window tiles (or at least very similar). They might have working tiledefs. Also you could try looking at the tiledefinitions themselves if you can find and change the result. You can open them with the tilezed. And last, try to set both the exterior and interior walls to the same glass tileset and see if it makes a difference.

Iirc there's another tileset with those same window tiles (or at least very similar). They might have working tiledefs. Also you could try looking at the tiledefinitions themselves if you can find and change the result. You can open them with the tilezed. And last, try to set both the exterior and interior walls to the same glass tileset and see if it makes a difference.

I don't see any other tileset with really similar tiles (although all my mall-tiles are not available at all, which might be the ones you're talking about?) The interior/exterior walls were already setup right as well.

I was hoping to avoid editing the tiledefs, as I'm always a bit scared of my own ignorance somehow messing up something in the basegame... After a bit of looking around though, I noticed that the tiles in commercial_02 (the ones that functioned) had no WallStyle, whilst the ones in commercial_01 had "NorthWindow" for instance. Removed the wallstyle (leaving just the window-settings), and now they do work the same! Things are looking good, and I'll try to feel less mortified at the changes I make ;). Cheers!