Noisier zombies and hordes

Footmuffin

So; Noisier/Quieter zombies settings? Yes, No, Other?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have a sandbox setting that alters the noisiness of the undead?

• Yes! Yes, I would. Also, I think this is a good idea and that you are cool.
    • Yes, a change to the undead's noisiness would be good, but I think it should be executed differently.
    • No, I think the noisiness is perfectly fine and shouldn't be changed.
    • I'd like to provide an alternative, on-topic answer that is not accurately portrayed in this poll.
    • I'd like to provide an amusing, off-topic answer that is not portrayed in this poll for a reason.
    • Beagh! This should be added later. They don't have the time to do this right now, silly newb!
  2. 2. How do I add another question in this thing? Am I doing this right?

• Yes, dummy!
    • What question? No, I don't think you're doing this right.
    • You add another question by clicking "Add Another Question"
    • Y O U A R E A B U T T - T O O T H

I think it would definitely help sandbox gameplay if I could alter the talkativity of the undead. Playing on sprinters without being able to hear them is pretty jacked-up. In most sprinter-zombie lore, they tend to jabber and shout, none of this grunting and hissing you slower folks practice. A couple of degrees to this would certainly be ideal, too; players could then set stealthy, slow zombies who rarely attract the attention of their friends or the survivors, obnoxious, horde-prone sprinters, or moderately loud, moderately fast shamblers who group up like normal. Or something else, I don't know.

I don't think it should be in sandbox options but I would like them to make a bit more noise if there are lots of them.

A group of people mumbling just went past my office and I could hear them from the other side of the hallway (50-100m), but when an individual person comes by I usually notice them just as they pass the door.

I mostly just play in standard survivor mode, so I can't comment on sprinting zombies. However, it seems reasonable that larger groups should make more noise (moaning, shuffling, bumping into each other, whatever) and fast zombies should be louder to make detection easier (and thus the game more playable).