Burglar Alarm Console

geekenedicedtea

I've been playing for a while, and thinking of how annoying it is that there is no control over the burglar alarms. I was thinking maybe have a home console that you can control the system, with a bit of a delay from entering and the alarm going off to get to the console if you notice, and maybe in the actual cites having either the police station or the security system company HQ where you can fin all the houses that have an alarm or just a way to shutdown all alarms in the city. Just a thought, thanks for reading ^^

You might find a list of house for each alarm company. But there are many alarm company out there. They are not controlled from anyone local. Now 99% of the homes with alarms will have a sigh in front telling you they have a alarm. And there will be a few with fake sighs.

I would not mind a skill that lets you turn off alarm.

Project Zomboid - the only game in which every dwelling in the town trailer park has a burglar alarm.

But, in seriousness, I like this idea. Might take a bit of the randomness away from the game though if you just beeline to the security hub and disable it.

• 1 month later...

I think the most practical way to approach this would be to add those indoor control panels to all of the houses that can have alarms You don't know if they're on or not until you check them, and you only have that brief 5-min ish period between opening the window and getting to the panel to try and disable them (which you probably can't, because you need the code).

Mostly just being able to look in the window and SEE these panels gives you the general idea "Ok, this house has a security system. It might be on. Gotta be careful." 

As it is sometimes I hop into a house and just BAM and that's the end of it. This seems like more of an exercise in fairness than anything. 

I think the most practical way to approach this would be to add those indoor control panels to all of the houses that can have alarms You don't know if they're on or not until you check them, and you only have that brief 5-min ish period between opening the window and getting to the panel to try and disable them (which you probably can't, because you need the code).

Mostly just being able to look in the window and SEE these panels gives you the general idea "Ok, this house has a security system. It might be on. Gotta be careful." 

As it is sometimes I hop into a house and just BAM and that's the end of it. This seems like more of an exercise in fairness than anything. 

its doesnt go off like 5 minutes irl. That is why cutting the power would work perfectly. Almost all of them need power and some have batteries. That would mean when the power goes out it clear most of the time. A few will still go off but then it makes you have a false sense of security. Just the idea of having a power box outside of most homes would work perfectly and add a new skills/ ideas off of that. I see that it opens more possibilities.