how do you add a zombie map?

956Texas

i couldnt do it man, all i know i have a 3x3 "9cell" map. Im having trouble with that.

it took me a while to learn how to make sprites, this is not goign to be easy i know :(, anyways how do i do it for the custom tiles to show up in the map? What is it that i suppose to pack? and where do i put it ?

i couldnt do it man, all i know i have a 3x3 "9cell" map. Im having trouble with that.

it took me a while to learn how to make sprites, this is not goign to be easy i know :(, anyways how do i do it for the custom tiles to show up in the map? What is it that i suppose to pack? and where do i put it ?

The way I got them to work is by making a seperate mod (instead of just a map) that did nothing but include the custom texturepack I made for my map. This is assuming that you already got the textures to work in Tilezed, not completely clear on that from your post.

Took me a little bit of effort to get it to work, but if you keep to the foldertree in this topic (with the additional help from this topic), it's doable. I'm pretty sure the only essentials for a 'texture-only' mod are these files;

.../MYMOD/mod.info

.../MYMOD/media/mymod1.tiles

.../MYMOD/media/texturepacks/mymod2.pack

These last 2 files you create through TileZed, the first one you have to type up yourself, with notepad or something similar. I gave them the 1&2-names for further explanation, they can be the same if you want... Or any name, for that matter.

The mod.info file basically points out every part of your mod to the game, and for a simple mod for only textures it would look something like this:

name=My modid=mymoddescription=This is a description!pack=mymod2tiledef=mymod1 7756

The 'name' is the name that shows up in the Mod-screen ingame. The ID is used by the game itself; Only thing you need to know is that you should probably keep it pretty unique, so it doesn't bump into any compatibility issues with other mods. Description is pretty self-explanatory as well, shows up ingame.

Now for 'pack' you need to use the exact filename of your .pack file, no need to add '.pack' to it in the .info though. Same thing goes for the tiledef field, the exact filename of your .tiles file. The number following that has to be one from 100-8000, and it has to be unique. The first 100 numbers are reserved by the basegame itself, but beyond that the chances of your mod clashing with another one at this point are pretty slim. I just added a random example above, not sure if it's used by any mod at the moment. More detailed info is in the links above.

Now if there's any easier way to do this (perhaps actually just 'with' the map), I'd love to hear about it.

edit: Also, if you haven't figured out the zombiemap yet, look at the examples in the /tools/rawmap folder. Compare Muldraugh.png to ZombieSpawnMap.bmp, kinda cleared up how things work to me.