Alien: Isolation

Suomiboi

Well, thanks to TIS's spoofing I'm most likely not going to sleep well tonight due to the fact that I'm waiting for the game to download (14 hours meh, slow internet). Also there went 50€ I didn't have. But god I'm excited!

Actually, now that I think about it I haven't been this excited since before Skyrim came out. It's slightly annoying because I know that my expectations won't likely be fulfilled, but still!!

I'm not even a big fan of the franchise, but I remember playing resurrection when I was a kid. And I was stoked back then, but after a while I got bored with the game and just wanted more out of it. I really hope that advance in technology has brought with it more than just pretty graphics. Having someone like Will on board is at least a good sign! :)

I feel like I'm a victim to the advertisement and I had to somehow justify my lack of self control, hence the post.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always justify spending money on games by looking at the $/Hr ratio that they provide in comparison to other forms of entertainment.

examples for me:

Project Zomboid = $15/270hrs played = $0.06/hr + negligible electricity so maybe = $0.08/hr?

Books = $10/10hrs = $1/hr

Going for a hike = $6 (estimated gas cost to drive to a decent hike)/4hrs = $1.50/hr

Movies = $12/2hrs (assuming I buy no popcorn, drinks, or candy)= $6/hr

A night at the bar (taxi home, covers, etc) = $100/6hrs = $16.67/hr

Sporting Event (major US sports)= $100/3hrs =$33.33/hr

Dinner out with the wife = $80-$100/2hrs =$40-$50/hr

So when I break down all these forms of entertainment, I quickly find that spending money on video games (as long as I play them enough) is actually extremely economical for me! I'm sure everyone else's numbers will be different, but when I spin it this way, I sleep a lot better! 8-)

Dinner out with the wife = $80-$100/2hrs =$40-$50/hr

This should be on top of the list.

No way! It clearly shows that financially it is the last thing that I should be doing! Playing Zomboid should come first!

Hmm social life, or PZ...

What the hell am I thinking about?!

There is only one thing in life as important as this...

*goes to play PZ*

God I'm enjoying Alien: Isolation, played it on expert mode, in total dark with headset, I had to stop after 2hours, way too scary :D

And I found some Will Porter easter eggs, yay ! :P

Are those, by chance, in any way related to limping wives and pillows?

See what I did there?

I did a thing.

I'll probably go now.

I love this game so far :)

I would also love for The Indie Stone to make a first-person sandbox survival game set on the colony at LV-426. Have the map randomly generated when the game begins. Have an objective of getting off the planet. In order to complete the objective you must find the parts to the broken communications array (scattered throughout the map) get to the comms array (not in the same location each time), fix it, and send a signal to the ship in orbit. Then survive for several hours before it arrives (At a location that is not revealed until 10 mins before it gets there) :)

Currently broke so no Alien game for me. Besides, I have Shadow of Mordor downloading (thanks to a benefactor) so I got something to play while I was for more money come in. Then once the game is finished, Alien Isolation for me. :D

I'm a fan of the alien movies and had tons of hours spent on aliens vs predators 2's "Alien Lifecycle" multiplayer mode. That was fucking awesome. Facehugging predators and eating until im a predator, awesome times. I'm probably going to get Alien Isolation a lil later though. However, it looks really promising and the Will Porter did a great job with the writing, from what I've seen on youtube.

Ok, I just had my first encounter with the alien and I stopped playing because I'm too damn scared to try it again. The game has so far been very intricate in details etc., but a little too arcadey for my tastes. The AI isn't a hoot and the scripted events start to annoy if you're crappy like me and die a lot. :D Otherwise, it's a very atmospheric, scary as shit game, with an ok back story.