Differentiate between rotten/unrotten foods?

DoomGiver32

So I'm just getting started with trying to mod this game, but it's not my first time being exposed to LUA (Thanks minecraft ComputerCraft mod!)

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to distinguish between a rotten pot of soup (the recipe version) and a fresh/unrotten/uncooked one.

Pretty much the idea is: Take rotten pot of soup, boil again, get unrotten (but not fresh) pot of soup that's edible.

Is there no way for recipes to require an item that's in a certain "State" of degradation?

Alright, so since this is my first time even dabbling with mods in PZ, your response didn't help too much, so I downloaded a mod off the forums to check to see what exactly makes up a PZ-Mod, where files are stored and the such. I'll spend some more time familiarizing myself before coming back to ask more questions. Sorry for the rushed enthusiasm. :P

I think the rotten state is only related to the age of the item. The item stays the same. Recipes like in the canning mod, change food items that have a "rotten" in their name to new items with longer "lifespan" and can in the process change the rotten state to normal again. If you delete the line that sets when an item is rotten in the "items.txt", items that were already rotten change back to normal in the game again.

So, if you want to make I mod that changes rotten food items back to unrotten food, I would take the approach to change the rotten items to new items with a different name in a recipe, but have the same "evolvedrecipe" line in the new items and add those items to every recipe that has the original food item in them.