whats your most horrible multiplayer expierence

retepultimate

once i was on a server with someone who seemed like a nice guy 

i asked him if he could help me with a campfire he said that i should place it inside i did it and he told me how to light the fire so i did...

my entire base burned down and he laughed at how stupid i am..

and then he shot me..  :mad:

but anyway what was your worst multiplayer experience? 

People on the server complained there werent enough zombies, so the admins spawned hordes freaking everywhere. My fort got taken by the bastards but i managed to escape and survive without a single scratch. I fled to my friends farm, and stayed there for a little while until i decided i had to take my fort back. Me and my friends had my back. The plan was to lead the horde away from my base by making noise. It was a very epic moment. Eventually when we led the horde far enough from my base we spreaded out. And i was safe for a little while until the horde knocked on my door again. So we decided to take them out. The amount of bodies after the battle was extreme and it was very epic, surprisingly i survived after all that maddnes.

Aaand a few days later i got scratched by a single zombie and died :).

Pankila, that sounds like a pretty cool MP experience. I mean you got killed but it sounds like the hordes were some epic fighting and kept you on edge for a while.

My WP experience was a while ago before many of the updates. There were no zombies and most houses (all of the ones I explored) were looted. No water/food to be found in most houses so I was constantly looking for water/food which eventually killed me.

With the new foraging abilities I'm hoping that will overcome totally looted servers. The zombies are pretty essential to the MP experience as well. :)

I was in WP, and I was having a good time :D , I actually found an axe, and a pistol, and only 10 rounds. I was minding my own business when I stumbled upon a guy just standing in one of those "Downtown WP intersections". He had a shotgun, and he said "DIE" (Well, what else would a guy with a shotgun do?). I ran into a store, got my pistol out and hid behind the counter. Obviously, he saw me behind the counter (I wish there was a crouch/prone button) and he started firing, and I started firing. I think I got him a few times, as blood splurged onto the floor, but he got me fast. "SHOTGUN MANIACS!!!!"....

I was in WP, and I was having a good time :D , I actually found an axe, and a pistol, and only 10 rounds. I was minding my own business when I stumbled upon a guy just standing in one of those "Downtown WP intersections". He had a shotgun, and he said "DIE" (Well, what else would a guy with a shotgun do?). I ran into a store, got my pistol out and hid behind the counter. Obviously, he saw me behind the counter (I wish there was a crouch/prone button) and he started firing, and I started firing. I think I got him a few times, as blood splurged onto the floor, but he got me fast. "SHOTGUN MANIACS!!!!"....

Reminds me of the gun nuts npc's in the early game :P.

Reminds me of the gun nuts npc's in the early game :P.

I was trying to call him a "Gun Nut," but I forgot what we used to call NPC's with shotguns in the day...

All my multiplayer experiences are the same: log in in an empty house, move to another house wich is empty, move to another house and it's empty too, move around the map searching houses with loot and find none. Start killing zombies to get loot, starve and die. Not planning play multiplayer anytime soon.

All my multiplayer experiences are the same: log in in an empty house, move to another house wich is empty, move to another house and it's empty too, move around the map searching houses with loot and find none. Start killing zombies to get loot, starve and die. Not planning play multiplayer anytime soon.

Yep, thats exactly the reason im not playing multiplayer anymore too. The only reason i kept playigng on the server i told about was because it had good timed soft resets and instantly made some friends when i first joined. But that was a PVE server. Seems there arent any populated PVP servers with soft resets anymore.

Well, my first horrible experience is...all the people who keep logging in to the server, spend 10 minutes searching all the buildings around the spawn point that every other new player has already searched, then declare that 'everything on this server is already looted!' and they log out.  Usually this happens when I am in the middle of lugging absolutely max loads of loot back to my base from the neighborhoods that are NOT right on top of the spawn point.

My second horrible experience is...being at my absolutely remote and secret base cooking food when suddenly fire appears all around me.  I assumed I must have somehow screwed up cooking...but then I see some guy lurking around outside my walls and I started thinking he threw a Molotov.  (Which it was not at that time possible to craft...but I digress.)  So, while my base and all my crated supplies start to burn down, I run outside the walls to heal (from the burns!) and hide and plan.  Soon I see him inside my base inexplicably building new walls on a bridge I had up.  I run up behind him and unload an entire clip of 9mm into him; I see that it is hitting him but he does not go down.  In confusion I retreat and reload...I try to hide in the trees, but he follows me easily as if he can see right through the trees.  Suddenly a whole area of trees around me vanishes and I am standing in a clearing with him.  With dread I realize what is probably happening...and then he confirms it by spawning a square wall that completely encompasses the two of us.  In disgust I empty another clip into him while I say in chat 'Great, now there are hackers in MP.'  He laughs at me...but before he can kill me in whatever god-mode way he had planned, I logged out :)

As an addendum to that second story, it was reported and discussed in detail and it was right before the server lists were hacked.  I've not seen another hacker/god mode cheater since.

My worst was being on a scavenging run when our base got attacked. My friend told me which way the group were heading after they raided our home, and I made my way there.

I then proceeded to talk to the group when they returned, saying how great their base looked and if they needed a chef. Last thing they ate was bleach, and they didn't know. I opened the door and my group walked in to finish the job.

Don't mess with my friends :)

In disgust I empty another clip into him while I say in chat 'Great, now there are hackers in MP.'  He laughs at me...but before he can kill me in whatever god-mode way he had planned, I logged out :)

That is a straight up horror movie villain right there.  Even gave you the evil laugh.

My worst was being on a scavenging run when our base got attacked. My friend told me which way the group were heading after they raided our home, and I made my way there.

I then proceeded to talk to the group when they returned, saying how great their base looked and if they needed a chef. Last thing they ate was bleach, and they didn't know. I opened the door and my group walked in to finish the job.

Don't mess with my friends :)

Those Raiders kinda failed Raiding 101 by letting a stranger walk in and make them a meal.  A classic cartoon villain mistake.

Archived